I Scream Clone

Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread

All the pink bricks in the sets were enough to let me know to ignore them.

Nothing against pink bricks, but there are no MOCs I could use them in since there are not Fairy Princesses in my collection.

There are more than just pink bricks in the sets. I am interested in the flowers, ladybugs, and butterflies. There are likely also some good food type accessories as well. I don't think we should discount Friends just because they are mostly market towards girls. There are still a few good pieces to be found for sure!

BTW, I love the history DaMaximus. Thanks for posting it all in one place. I would love to see this expanded on by the different guilds

BTW, I love the history DaMaximus. Thanks for posting it all in one place. I would love to see this expanded on by the different guilds

Thx :classic:

It would be nice if I Scream Clone puts it in the first post :laugh:

Thx :classic:

It would be nice if I Scream Clone puts it in the first post :laugh:

Wow, it really should be posted, is well written and leaves place to add interesting things. :thumbup:

Certainly the foundations for the story of Historica are placed.

is it to late to join?, I just registered my self and would like to be part of this story, I don't have much to build with but certainly would like to wander through the high lands of Mitgardia

I would like to join Nocturnus and bring some evil to the worlds of men.

The world of men shall tremble at your joining... I'm sure the dark would would welcome one such as yourself...

is it to late to join?, I just registered my self and would like to be part of this story, I don't have much to build with but certainly would like to wander through the high lands of Mitgardia

Never too late! I'm sure the northmen would love to have you.

Hi, I was wondering, would it be possible to create a new character if you don't like your current one? I'm sure I've seen some people 'kill off' their avatars and have new ones. Also, I figured this was the best place to ask this because there is no general discussion/queries topic for Historica.

Cheers.

Hi, I was wondering, would it be possible to create a new character if you don't like your current one? I'm sure I've seen some people 'kill off' their avatars and have new ones. Also, I figured this was the best place to ask this because there is no general discussion/queries topic for Historica.

Cheers.

Don't really know, but I suppose your character could meet with an unfortunate accident. I'm sure there are some folks over in Nocturnus who could help with that 'accident' :devil:

I just hope your new character is in Kaliphlin; we like having you onboard!

Don't really know, but I suppose your character could meet with an unfortunate accident. I'm sure there are some folks over in Nocturnus who could help with that 'accident' :devil:

I just hope your new character is in Kaliphlin; we like having you onboard!

I wouldn't say kill him off but perhaps he could be doing business elsewhere in Historica. And ofcourse my new char would be staying in Kaliphlin. I'd still be continuing with my city and other mocs and may feature my old char in them. I'll have a think about it and see if I come up with someone awesome, the reason why is because my current one is a bit, well...boring, he's an architect but because of my lack of bricks doesn't really work out, for my new one I fancy a kind of commander of an army or something. We'll see, but first I must continue with my embassy.

Cheers.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't have multiple characters in the same guild and story (but I'm not a Mod or Admin). I could be wrong but I think the main point of this is to be fun and if your current character isn't fun I think you should make one that is. Time and equipment permitting this weekend I'm finally get my ship finished and posted on here along with my main character, the crew of his ship and some other characters from Darlig Ulv-Stranden (maybe even a small build or two as well).

I don't see any reason why you couldn't have multiple characters in the same guild and story (but I'm not a Mod or Admin). I could be wrong but I think the main point of this is to be fun and if your current character isn't fun I think you should make one that is. Time and equipment permitting this weekend I'm finally get my ship finished and posted on here along with my main character, the crew of his ship and some other characters from Darlig Ulv-Stranden (maybe even a small build or two as well).

I know there's some rules saying you can't have different characters in different guilds and such but if both are in the same guild I think it's alright. Looking forward to seeing you and your crew :thumbup:

I know there's some rules saying you can't have different characters in different guilds and such but if both are in the same guild I think it's alright. Looking forward to seeing you and your crew :thumbup:

Yeah, the point of the PGTC is that I build any character I want in any role I want. I haven't felt any need to MOC just on Rasputin. I know others are doing similar with Avalonian farms et c. You don't have to kill your sigfig, just make some stories for his friends ad relatives.

Yeah, the point of the PGTC is that I build any character I want in any role I want. I haven't felt any need to MOC just on Rasputin. I know others are doing similar with Avalonian farms et c. You don't have to kill your sigfig, just make some stories for his friends ad relatives.

Yes, that's a good point Robuko. You've created a whole slew of great characters and have been doing MOCs based on a variety of them. Seems to work out rather nicely. I think I'm going to have to create a few more characters and populate my corner of Historica with some real weirdos!

Hello everyone!

First of all, thanks for the warm welcome to GoH here at Eurobricks! It's a pretty cool thing you have going here, I'll be sure to try and participate as much as I can.

Now on to my actual message: Your concept has been picked up by forum members of Classic-Castle.com. For those of you unfamiliar with the site, it is an AFOL site centered around the castle/medieval theme. I came here with a "message" from us, the users of Classic-Castle.

Basically, A few pages of discussion on the forum led us to the following idea: fusion Guilds of Historica with activities on Classic Castle. Some ideas were to actually incorporate CC into the GoH world as a separate guild, giving us something like an island of our own to interact with your world but to have it exclusively for members of CC. Another idea was to keep the two separate, allowing us to use the great template that GoH left us to make up something similar of our own, copying the backbone of GoH but with our own backstory, maps, guilds etcetera etcetera.

Here's a link to the forum thread about GoH over at Classic-Castle: http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21579

I'm curious where you all stand on this. Let me know! I Scream Clone, I assume you started GoH so if you have any personal notes, comments or ideas you can PM me and I'll send you my e-mail adress.

Regards

Marijn, a.k.a. Teheran

P.S. I joined Mitgardia because of reasons. ;)

I am doing similar with GEAR Co. I think it is fine to create a "cast." I actually have not put my main character in a MOC yet... Actually, I was playing at people dislike him enough to throw assassins at him, that he never shows his face in public - thus I don't have a sig fig. On the other hand, I have yet to be happy with a fig enough to make him Dugal... So I just throw Dugal's brother Petera and his buddies in my MOCs.

I think as long as characters are in the same guild, a person should be OK just creating another member of their "cast"

I actually have not put my main character in a MOC yet... Actually, I was playing at people dislike him enough to throw assassins at him, that he never shows his face in public - thus I don't have a sig fig.

I noticed that. I was trying to put together minifigs representing a bunch of the Kaliphlin guildmembers and couldn't figure out what Dugal looked like.

That's a great idea and that's what I shall do. I'll still keep everything within my city and stuff, I've already created a Maharaja and co and a gladiator for the drow games.

Thanks.

Great stuff Cpt Mugwash, just keep building what you like.

Teherean, that is a really interesting discussion. I think your question is best addressed by the mods, I suspect they may have a planned story of Historica this year. If they can fit your land into it, I would definitely say more is more, especially as there are so many excellent builders at CC. I would love to see a CC island. I do not have any real knowledge of the practicalities of how this would work, but thankyou very much for taking the initiative on it.

:classic:

Hi all,

Here I go. I also joined Eurobricks inspired by the GoH and the many wonderful builds I've seen around. I'm not sure whether or not I will be able to participate much, but I'll do what I can.

So far, I have more backstory than actual building. I would like to join Mitgardia, as Avalonia was full - which leads to the backstory:

The Buraindo are a small group of monks and druids, originating from the Avlonian druids. As the Avlonian druids became interested in changing nature using magic spells and guarding themselves from the wild, some druids felt that nature was not to be changed, but that the druids needed to come off their own lazy bums and change themselves (why is it that druids are usually fat and bearded?). The faction was frowned upon by most in Avalonia, who sought to adapt the landscape to their own convenience (sissies).

The faction of druids left Avalonia in search of even wilder territory and settled in the endless wild mountain forests in the South West of Mitgardia. Mainly preoccupied with studying Nature and the Universe and trying to adapt themselves to it, the Buraindo strive for the mental and physical strength to harmonise with the wilderness of Nature. The monasteries and forest dwellings are home to many monks, outcasts, sorcerers and warriors who share the common ideal of perfecting their own being to come in full balance with the universe.

In other, less pretentious, words: imagine a Lego version of the Shao Lin and other Buddhist monks, training in the mountains to achieve power and harmony with nature at the same time.

So far, little building has been done, but I can show you my avatar to start with. This is Flint, one of the druid monks at the monastery, out for his morning practice:

Flint%2520best%2520shot.JPG

I look forward to the experience. Everyone looks amazing so far. :sweet:

Is Avalonia still closed for sign-ups at the moment?

I'd like to join and I like their architecture style, but couldn't find anything definitive about whether they were or not.

Join any guild and use your imagination, you could be a hermit somewhere in Nocturnus, and build in Avalonian style, or you could be explorer in Mitgardia, with Avalonian heritage, and build in their style, or you could be a businessmen from Khaliphlin who lived long time in Avalonia, and like their building style, and build "avalonian".

So, you could build what ever you want in any guild ;) There are no boundaries ;)

I guess...

But I realised that I had a complete mind blank when typing that previous post as I forgot the whole "like the setting and background" bit :hmpf:

I took a wander through the threads for the other guilds, but none of them appeal as much as Avalonia does :wacko:

Ho hum... I shall ponder it some more...