Sign in to follow this  
badboytje88

Mafia School: Cirque du Freak conclusion

Name: Rinus

Player: JediAnakin

Affiliation: Scum - Blocker

Background story:

You are the circus ringmaster. The job has been handed down from father to son. You never dreamt of becoming a ringmaster. You wanted to be a lumberjack! Therefore you are the Blocker.

Well done, I don't discredit the town win, but I do feel it overshadowed the game. If only I blocked Nightshroud Night 2.

I'll just join you guys and post my character information too.

Name: Madam Mitsie

Player: Badboytje88

Affiliation: Host

cimg0184.jpg

Welcome to Mafia School: Cirque du Freak.

Background story:

You're the owner of the circus. Lately there have been some strange things going on in your circus. Your goal in this game is to try and not go mad due to all the meta gaming that will be going on in the C&D topic. Also your only love interest is a grumpy lion.

You have no night actions. Please use this PM to ask any questions or discuss the game with the host. Thanks for joining and I hope you enjoy this Mafia School experience.

Edited by badboytje88

I can reveal why we killed Wilhemina. She accused JMB, so if she died in the night, suspicions would jump to JMB. They didn't. :hmpf_bad:

I can reveal why we killed Wilhemina. She accused JMB, so if she died in the night, suspicions would jump to JMB. They didn't. :hmpf_bad:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that :tongue:

Also I'd like to thank my team for being patient with me. I took on way too much playing this as I have time constraints and I feel I wasn't much of an asset to you. For that I am sorry. I did want to fly under the radar but I forgot I'm playing mafia, not Survivor. Also, I wanted to try playing this mainly because it's a passion for my boyfriend and I wanted to see what he loved about it so much. I did have fun and thanks for that. Who is my boyfriend you ask? (Drumroll) None other than the "Silver-Tongued Serpent" himself! He in NO way helped me...which is obvious because I died and we lost! :tongue:

If only I blocked Nightshroud Night 2.

I commented on this in the writeboard the next day, heh.

Yup, we definitely had a gameplan for a while there of using JMB as our scapegoat, or at least drawing some attention onto him. Didn't work quite as wonderfully as I'd hoped, but it didn't blow up in our faces, either (more on that below).

A few other notes,

-It was Eiker's attitude and comments, I believe, that led to him being blocked the first night. I think, in the writeboard threads at least, we were very mindful of the "character backgrounds are meaningless" issue.

-If I'm remembering correctly, FFB raised interest in darkdragon on the writeboard due to her question about night actions. There was some discussion, particularly about "Is this just a trick, or does she actually have a night action?"

-I think the main reason scum lost this one, even taking into account everything that happened in the last few days, was a breakdown in communication. I could have voiced a stronger opinion about not blocking eiker for a second night in a row, and I could have offered stronger, more decisive opinions for the night kills. Anakin was pretty communicative, but I do wish there'd been a bit more discussion about blocking for the second night (I really don't mean to harp on this, but you were only around for so long.. heh). Griggs could definitely have been more active, it would have been really nice to have a lot more discussion between the entire team about things, rather than (mostly) fred and I back-and-forthing until we found out the next day who Griggs had decided to kill. Additionally, I really feel like Griggs could have stepped in there on Day 3 as the voice of reason on the writeboard, and perhaps calmed DN down before everything got ugly. But I don't mean to be negative--I think these are things we could all work on, and that, collectively, cost us the game.

But all that aside, I really had a great time, and as everyone has been saying, badboy, thanks so much for hosting! The sets were great, the daily recaps were entertaining, and I think you handled everything that came up in the best ways possible. Thanks for putting in the time and effort to corral us into a successful Mafia game!

Edit:

Griggs, it was fun playing with you, too, even if you weren't as active as I would have liked! :tongue: (I mean that entirely lightheartedly). You were great in-character, and you didn't do anything silly like miss a kill, so I really can't complain :sweet: Hopefully we'll see each other in another game soon.

Edited by swils

Well, I never expected to pass when I was killed on the first night. Hope there will be another Mafia School soon, because I'm eager to get to play more than one day...

He in NO way helped me...which is obvious because I died and we lost! :tongue:

Uhm,... that's what happens to him usually when he plays. :tongue:

By the way, I didn't know Griggs was Hincks girlfriend. So I don't want you guys to think that was the reason she got to be the scum godfather.

By the way, I didn't know Griggs was Hincks girlfriend boyfriend. So I don't want you guys to think that was the reason she got to be the scum godfather.

:wink:

Thanks for passing me even though I made that mistake in the beginning, which I actually learned from really quickly. That mistake made it really hard for me to continue playing and I hoped I would get killed that day :cry_sad: , but I survived and then it seemed like everyone else was posting the same question the C&D thread so I didn't feel as bad for messing up.

If any Mafia School takes students that have passed before, I would like to do it again. I don't think I feel ready to play a full-blown game yet, I could probably do it but it would be very stressful and I think that the stress takes away some of the fun. It's just a game and I think everything should be fun, not making me worry or get people actually hating each other on the rest of the forum.

Thanks Badboy and Hink for herding us cats and for a fun game after I recovered my senses from the embarrassment of night one.

Also I'd like to thank my team for being patient with me. I took on way too much playing this as I have time constraints and I feel I wasn't much of an asset to you. For that I am sorry. I did want to fly under the radar but I forgot I'm playing mafia, not Survivor. Also, I wanted to try playing this mainly because it's a passion for my boyfriend and I wanted to see what he loved about it so much. I did have fun and thanks for that. Who is my boyfriend you ask? (Drumroll) None other than the "Silver-Tongued Serpent" himself! He in NO way helped me...which is obvious because I died and we lost! :tongue:

That's me! My title changed. Yes, Griggs is my boyfriend.

I think you would've been able to ease into the game a little better if you weren't turned off by the multiple pages of spam posts in the first day thread. Maybe some day you'll give it another chance. Thanks for checking it out! :wub_drool:

By the way, I didn't know Griggs was Hincks girlfriend. So I don't want you guys to think that was the reason she got to be the scum godfather.

Boyfriend. He's only female in your game. I'm a gay one. Griggs is a man. :laugh:

Thanks for clearing that up Hinckley, I was so confused.

Also to all you guys/girls who play multiple games here, host games, share news, post mocs, comment on mocs, and even moderate....How do you do it?! Oh my goodness, just being in Mafia School and one Heroica quest at the same time was nearly too much for me.

Thanks for the pass :thumbup: . If the next school accepts 1 time players I might sign up.

Not to hijack Badboy's great thread, but the school game I'm running soon will be open to one time players, so feel free to apply.

Either Badboy was the strictest school host yet, or he had a bunch of bad apples :laugh: But I hope no failing students take it too badly. The first game can be very strange, particularly on EB where there is all this role-playing, which is essentially irrelevant. It can be pretty baffling for new comers, no matter how many past games you read through.

And Griggs, I thought of the game a lot like Survivor when I first played, and it's a mistake. In Survivor, the first people taken out often just suck at the game. In mafia, being taken out early is often a sign of fear. There are a lot of nuances that separate the two games, but I can totally see why they appear similar at first.

And Darthnilus, Badboy told me that you Pm'd the names of the scum to the town after you died , really uncool.:thumbdown:

I did not! :angry:

I told Nightshroud/Norbert because I thought that when I was voted off and turned out Scum, he would take care of the people I said that I said I wasn't suspicious of, and not kill the people I said I was suspicious of. We all know how that turned out. :hmpf:

That would explain his title. :laugh:

Congrats to the Town, I think after a couple of very rocky days at the start alliances were formed and that helped. Plus having a pretty intuitive vigilante!

Huge respect to badboy for his hosting and also the sets - bright and colourful and also fun characters, just the way we like 'em!

Welcome to Mafia School: Cirque du Freak.

Name: Norbert

Player: Nightschroud99

Affiliation: Town - Vigilante

Background story:

You are the world’s tallest man but not the sharpest tool in the shed. What you lack in the brain department you make up in length. You’d do anything for the circus, that’s why you’re the town Vigilante.

Not sure how to insert the image from my message box :tongue:

Anyway thank you for passing me Badboytje88, and thank you to everyone I got to play with, it was fun!

Yes, thank you for the very nice grade badboytje! :sweet:

When I, Mattilda and Barnabo could form a team in day 3 the game got much more interesting and fun then when I was on my own. I know I'll probably not be as lucky in my next game, unless I'm scum, but I'll sure try and communicate as much as possible with other players.

@darthnihilius: If you don't discuss your plan with your team mates it will not work out well. :hmpf:

I did not! :angry:

I told Nightshroud/Norbert because I thought that when I was voted off and turned out Scum, he would take care of the people I said that I said I wasn't suspicious of, and not kill the people I said I was suspicious of. We all know how that turned out. :hmpf:

Your response to your own team mate kind of proves the theory, in my opinion, that you just turned on them for sour grapes. It's also backed up by how you don't respond to the questions about why you didn't tell your team what you were doing and why you didn't tell your team you knew who the vigilante and investigator were. And also how you knew who they were. :sceptic: Oh well, that's a little sad for the Scum, but it is a school game so we can all learn from it.

Oh well, that's a little sad for the Scum, but it is a school game so we can all learn from it.

I agree with that sentiment. I certainly have learned from it, and certainly from you and badboytje8. I also learned what metagaming is, and how not to be a Scum. My strategy might have worked if I was an independent serial killer, but as part of a team it didn't work out. :sceptic: Sorry Scum, I didn't do the reverse-psycology thing very well. :cry_sad: And I really should have told you what I knew sooner. :blush:

I agree with that sentiment. I certainly have learned from it, and certainly from you and badboytje8. I also learned what metagaming is, and how not to be a Scum. My strategy might have worked if I was an independent serial killer, but as part of a team it didn't work out. :sceptic: Sorry Scum, I didn't do the reverse-psycology thing very well. :cry_sad: And I really should have told you what I knew sooner. :blush:

Just to beat a dead horse (def tells me I'm good at it) how did you find out who the vigilante and investigator were? And why did you decided not to share that information with your team?

Sign in to follow this