Oky

8ft legoman washes up in Florida

:laugh: Who does this? It looks very similar to the old one. I really want some more explanation! Maybe it is just an alien takeover :tongue: Edited by prateek

Hm, thanks. That does clear things up a bit. Sounds to me like this is the work of some weird artist. :tongue:

This looks like the work of an artist to me, especially due to the weird message. Lego would never do a stunt like this, the littering problem aside, why would they be printing weird messages on the torsos of these guys. Now the real question is whether an AFOL is the one behind these "minifigures", as there are quite a few of us that are also artists.

The guy who found it will get to keep it in 90 days if it isn't claimed and he said he'd sell it on ebay.

That'd be a hell of an auction to win.

The guy who found it will get to keep it in 90 days if it isn't claimed and he said he'd sell it on ebay.

I wouldn't sell it, you don't get many of these do you?

Now if someone IS doing this on purpose, I WILL kill them. Lego you must not mistreat them

Clearly this was done on purpose. I'm sure someone wasn't carrying this in their pocket at the beach and it simply fell out. Hasn't this happened other times? I know someone has an avatar of a group of people looking at one at a beach. That's been around for a while, too, ao it's nothing new.

Clearly this was done on purpose. I'm sure someone wasn't carrying this in their pocket at the beach and it simply fell out. Hasn't this happened other times? I know someone has an avatar of a group of people looking at one at a beach. That's been around for a while, too, ao it's nothing new.

It has before in the Netherlands and in England.

Here is a video I saw about it: Legoman

This is really interesting. :classic:

Edited by Hiawatha

It has before in the Netherlands and in England.

Here is a video I saw about it: Legoman

This is really interesting. :classic:

Ah, thank you. I'm too lazy to look, do the others have the same message on it's torso?

Ah, thank you. I'm too lazy to look, do the others have the same message on it's torso?

I think some of them say different things. I'm not exactly sure.

It is strange that I really want an Ego Leonard minifigure? With some stickers it shouldn't be that hard.

Also one of those t-shirts he's selling on the website, although I can't decipher how to actually order it.

This interesting event was also brought up here, so don't be surprised if they merge sometime soon. :wink:

It is quite a fun thing to do, I think, (the giant LEGO man on a beach, that is) and I think it would be a pleasant surprise to encounter one of these. :sweet:

Too bad I don't live by a beach, I'd love to find one if another is done.

Why's he have to wait 90 days? I figured the law for this would generally be "finders keepers". Or are the police/whoever making a special case since it's kinda uncommon?

I hope someone comes to claim it and gets fined for littering.

Seriously. Stop repeating media stunts.

Ya, I saw this report on my local news channel (I live in Florida). It was probably a shipment to Legoland Florida that fell out the cargo boat.

Ya, I saw this report on my local news channel (I live in Florida). It was probably a shipment to Legoland Florida that fell out the cargo boat.

If you read this thread and all related links, this is definitely not the case.