TASTER

Custom printed Euro and US Dollar Banknotes!

Hello everybody,

some of you already know the Euro Banknotes we made in 2009. Now, two years later, we got all the permissons for printing the US Dollar Banknotes, too.

With friendly permission of ...

... Central Bank of Germany

... United States Bureau of Engraving and Printing

... United States Secret Service

Hope you enjoy them :-)

You can find them in our Bricklink Store, too: TASTER BRICKS

Best Regards,

Tobias

Euro Banknotes

- Printed on 1x2 tiles in white!

- Seven values: 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 and 500 Euro!

euronote_all.jpg

euronote_area.jpg

euronote_game.jpg

US Dollar Banknotes

- Printed on 1x2 tiles in tan!

- Seven values: 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 Dollar!

dollarnote_equation.jpg

dollarnote_area.jpg

dollarnote_bandit.jpg

Those are great! Will you be doing GBP?

(I wouldn't complain if you dropped the price a bit though!)

GBP ... nice idea ;-) Have to think about it!

The printing is very expensive, because the ink is nontoxic but scratch resistant!

Pretty excellent! Of course, I tend to prefer something more stylized. Seeing photorealistic presidential portraits on parts being held by yellow-skinned, smiley-face minifigures just seems a bit of an odd juxtaposition. For that matter, seeing any printing that complex and intricate in a LEGO part would make me feel uneasy, because it makes other brick-built or printed details feel large, chunky, and imprecise by comparison. This is a problem I have with a lot of high-detail customs.

Still, I'm sure lots of people will love these! Even I have a sort of a fondness for them. I like that the US dollars are printed on tan tiles; it makes them look very realistic! And I can imagine vendors at conventions like BrickFair near Washington, D.C. using the printed dollar tiles to make price charts for the goods they offer!

These are great, and I especially think it is fun that you printed the $2 bill as we basically NEVER see them in actual circulation.

And very smart to get proper permission from the government because I can just imagine the absurd but gravely serious scene when the Secret Service shows up to arrest a LEGO counterfeiter!

I've got a few of the Euro tiles, and I can vouch for them looking the part. This guy knows what he's doing.

Not really a fan of how the euros look, but the custom USD are Super! Really like how you used tan for the tiles!

These are great, and I especially think it is fun that you printed the $2 bill as we basically NEVER see them in actual circulation.

And very smart to get proper permission from the government because I can just imagine the absurd but gravely serious scene when the Secret Service shows up to arrest a LEGO counterfeiter!

Yes - we know. We just wanted to get a full set of seven notes (similar to the Euronotes).

Arrested by Secred Service! Haha ... or think about the situation at an US Airport ... "No sorry ... counterfeit money producer ... you are not allowed to enter the USA ..."

I've got a few of the Euro tiles, and I can vouch for them looking the part. This guy knows what he's doing.

Thanks - nice to hear!

Very nice!

Also, could you tell me where you get those printed?( I would like to print on my own stuff too)

Just send me an Email to lego@t-reichling.de.

Not really a fan of how the euros look, but the custom USD are Super! Really like how you used tan for the tiles!

We made some printing proofs on white and tan tiles one year ago but the tan tiles looks much more familiar compared to the real money.

I can finally achieve my dream of becoming a millionaire. :P

-Omi

Me, too ;-)

Yes - we know. We just wanted to get a full set of seven notes (similar to the Euronotes).

Arrested by Secred Service! Haha ... or think about the situation at an US Airport ... "No sorry ... counterfeit money producer ... you are not allowed to enter the USA ..."

Thanks - nice to hear!

Just send me an Email to lego@t-reichling.de.

We made some printing proofs on white and tan tiles one year ago but the tan tiles looks much more familiar compared to the real money.

Me, too ;-)

These are brilliant! I love the US dollar tiles. Do you ship over to the UK?

All of those are awesome and the pictures with them "fresh of the printing line" look like the real thing! I may have to order a couple sets of these default_classic.gif

Totally AWESOME 'TASTER' :grin: , sadly you wouldn't consider Australian currency because the demand would be smaller than for the US dollar and the Euro. :sadnew:

Brick On Print On 'TASTER' ! :grin:

I've gotten $2 bills in change from a local gas station, I know they used them for years, I tend to use a credit card now so am not sure if they still use them or not.

Thank you all! It is very nice to read the commendations :-) More of it please :-)

These are brilliant! I love the US dollar tiles. Do you ship over to the UK?

Yes of course, we ship all over the world: TASTER BRICKS

Very nice idea and I understand that it could be hard to get legal approvement for printing these. However, at this price you are printing money literally :)

I've gotten $2 bills in change from a local gas station, I know they used them for years, I tend to use a credit card now so am not sure if they still use them or not.

They're still produced to my knowledge, and obviously still legal tender, but they aren't widely used by a longshot.

They're still produced to my knowledge, and obviously still legal tender, but they aren't widely used by a longshot.

Yep. You can ask to exchange for them at most banks.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron