Oky

Sunken Castle Ruins

Greetings, fellow deep sea explorers! Since my entry for the Underwater Version Contest is so big that it is impossible to do it justice with only 3 pictures, I decided to create its own thread. :classic:

The Sunken Ruins of the Royal Knights' Castle

Set: 6090 Royal Knights' Castle

Theme: Castle (Royal Knights)

6206695130_49c17a2c85_z.jpg

This mighty castle was once the stronghold of the Royal Knights and their king. Now it serves as a fortress once more, but for the creatures of the deep. The Atlantis Portal Emperor has claimed it his own, and now it is inhabited by various sea creatures. Moos and algae are growing everywhere, the metal gate is rusting, and the castle is starting to fall apart.

6206695140_59908399a9_z.jpg

6206695144_99d6ca9ca4_z.jpg

Here are some views of it from all angles:

p1110169_small.jpg

p1110170_small.jpg

p1110171_small.jpg

p1110173_small.jpg

p1110231_small.jpg

Let's take a closer look at some of the details. A large crab has called the shack outside of the castle his home. In front of the gates, there lie the remains of one of the Royal Knights' horses. The catapult has fallen off the castle tower and now lies in the sand.

p1110205_small.jpg

This skeleton is the only remainder of the castle's original inhabitants.

p1110201_small.jpg

Check out this piece of a tower which has broken off of the castle. But don't get too close! A mother shark has chosen this as her nesting place and she is very protective! Also, it looks like a ship has lost its anchor here.

p1110219_small.jpg

The drawbridge of the side entrance on the other side of the castle is decayed and has snapped. Good thing one doesn't need it anymore to get into the castle as one can just swim inside now. :wink:

p1110206_small.jpg

Behind there is a sunken row boat as well as an octopus and a clam.

p1110191_small.jpg

The courtyard behind the main entrance gate, which used to feature a trap door with a skeleton underneath for scaring off unwanted guests, now houses a much more terrifying threat: A horrible giant squid! Also, as you can see in the back corner, the ghost that already inhabited this castle ages ago still haunts these walls, regardless of its new watery environment.

p1110185_small.jpg

It guards the treasure that is stored above it.

p1110186_small.jpg

Whoever opposed the Portal Emperor will be thrown into the dungeon where they have to fight the Kraken. The well in front of the dungeon has lost its purpose as it is now surrounded by water and only serves as a growing place for algae.

p1110226_small.jpg

The Portal Emperor sits on the throne that once belonged to the Royal Knights King.

p1110212_small.jpg

The roof above his head is in dire need of renovation. Luckily he doesn't need to worry about rain coming through. :grin:

p1110217_small.jpg

That's it for now, but there are lots more details to discover, so please visit this Brickshelf folder if you wish to see more pictures. And please post any comments or criticisms you might have below.

Thanks, and have a great Underwater Month! :classic:

Really lovely version of a classic set, I love how the creatures are really animated, they feel like they are moving.

Good luck in the contest.

Excellent build 'Oky', except one tiny fault bones over time in water breakdown unless protected by a covering of some type. :wink:

(I was watching a diving doco once where they found a leg in a boot....it was the site of a sunken 17th century war ship hence war grave...care had to be taken around it.)

Anyway, great work 'Oky' and Brick On Dive On ! :grin:

This is a very interesting build! A lot of detail was put in here and the effort is plentiful! :thumbup: I really like the skeleton knights! :laugh: Good luck! :wink:

I think that's a very good version from the original thing!

I think that the squid with the mouth and the tentacles at the bottom of the castle is very good! Overall it's very good! :thumbup:

Thanks for shearing Oky! :laugh:

Edited by Silverface

Excellent work. All the little details are just wonderful. I wish I could see it in person. My favorite technique os how you have replaced some of the gray bricks with various shades of greens. It looks very natural.

Amazing entry Oky!

Among all the little, great details, I would have to choose giant squid (that's not so small).

It's just awesome. You made this castle's underwater version very realistic. Inclusion of

the Atlantis figs makes it even better. Excellent job, and good luck in the contest!

Great work. I was about to do an entry of the exact same set, but sadly I never found time for it. My idea though was to make a brick built floor and make half of the castle disappear in the underwater sand - so the ground level would be around where the main gate starts ... Didn't think of the destructed rooftops though, very nice touch on those! Also the amount of foliage and underwater stuff is huge and adds a lot to the detail of the surrounding area.

Good luck in the competition!

Wow, That is an amazing build. It loks fantastic and the way you have made the castle decay is great. Really liked the wildlife that inhabits the castle now, especially the jellyfish.

Love this, so many interesting details if you look carefully at it. Your MOCs really are outstanding.