6 hours ago, efferman said:

51085985556_e557ff832b_c.jpg

That logo... does it say "TLG"?
I mean like... "The Lego Group"?

33 minutes ago, Scoar Sonander said:

It's also kinda funny that it was probably so rushed that the L almost looks like a covered up C :D

I dont understand.

1 hour ago, Scoar Sonander said:

And WHAT is that horrible Jurassic World ripoff???

Yeah. That isn't even a good RENDER!

56 minutes ago, efferman said:

I dont understand.

Right now you can clearly see a L, but if you placed a line on top of the L, with a 90 degree slant, it would look like a C. Albeit a very boxy one, but a C nonetheless!

Edited by Scoar Sonander

So looking at that loader, it seems like the bucket arm is lowered as far as possible, resting, on the fenders, can go no lower. Which is crazy because obviously the bucket is unable to scoop anything up off the ground, which is what a loader does. Possibly I am just not seeing it right, does anyone recognize the moc or set?

That is so crazy they can put those models out as complete sets so quickly, mind boggling to me anyway. There is so much wrong with the way they are doing business though, I will never even consider buying one. What is even more mind boggling though is how an entire society sees it as totally acceptable and in fact the norm, for conducting businesses.

All's fair in love and war and making money.

9 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

What is even more mind boggling though is how an entire society sees it as totally acceptable and in fact the norm, for conducting businesses.

And that that society is covering about 1/7th of the world's population (as of 2020). Maybe one reason, why they are so fast: They are teaming up and are working like robots. Plus, they are as smart as the world average bimodal smart-distribution function would tell. On average there are many more smart people living in China than everywhere else. India is clocking in though. And they are living in a totally different "social world". I also believe that there are so many restrictions to live your life in China (and maybe they don't even want to, I simply don't know) - just imagine that Big Chinese Brother does not care much about ABS bricks.  

Best
Thorsten

Edited by Toastie

Don't  be too surprised if they work very fast, they are one of us, i mean, a member of this forum, a member of Rebrickable etc., they know where to look for a place which give them a good business... hats off for CaDa bcoz they respect MoC designer!

1 minute ago, Dylan M said:

They are one of us, I mean, a member of this forum, a member of Rebrickable etc., they know where to look for a place which give them a good business... 

Were going on a spy hunt...

8 hours ago, Dylan M said:

Don't  be too surprised if they work very fast, they are one of us, i mean, a member of this forum, a member of Rebrickable etc., they know where to look for a place which give them a good business... hats off for CaDa bcoz they respect MoC designer!

My thoughts exactly, that car/toy fair looks like Eurobricks/Rebrickable show room. I know how you must feel, some of mine are also on amazon and aliexpress, people contacting me all the time if I saw my MOCs on webshops - I decided to care as little as possible - resistance is futile. Dark side wins... 

9 hours ago, Scoar Sonander said:

on top of the L, with a 90 degree slant, it would look like a C

Which L and what is a C?

Jesus the Chinese clone market is enormous... I mean I knew it was big but holy hell I never pictured that it was THAT big. The photos of that toy fair just kept on coming *oh2*

I have no idea how TLG can even begin to think they'll be able to compete

14 hours ago, Dylan M said:

Agreed.  I mean, they are still fast, don't get me wrong...but don't be fooled at the same time.  This  was not copied in less than a month.  Copying began the day Efferman started his thread.  THey probably worked right along side of him.   I am sure they are a team of lurkers, and they have gotten to know the big names in the Lego MOCing world. Once a thread begins... the copying starts b/c they know the end product will be spectacular....

15 hours ago, Dylan M said:

... hats off for CaDa bcoz they respect MoC designer!

I think this is the much more successful way. Here in Germany it is very hard to get the sets from the CaDa Master series, because they are sold out very quickly.  People honor the fact, that it is a complete legal product.

Hi @efferman, I contacted the company yesterday. They wanted to send their apology. Your set is extraordinary and they have no plan of copying your model. One of their staff bought your instruction and made it. However this couldn't  be an excuse. They wanted to show their muscles in the exhibition but it was their muscles.

I can't guarantee there is no copying in future, but many good Chinese companies value IP as well or at least things are changing in a good way. CADA 488 is a good example.

Also, They wonder if you are interested in working with them to make the model a real set. But without your authorization they will never product this model. And again they are sorry for presenting your moc without your permission.

1 hour ago, KevS said:

I contacted the company yesterday.

Thank you very much. Good to hear it was only a "fan" who built this model and used the shelf for presentation.

The company can contact me if they want, but the chance is very low on this model.

53 minutes ago, efferman said:

Thank you very much. Good to hear it was only a "fan" who built this model and used the shelf for presentation.

The company can contact me if they want, but the chance is very low on this model.

Thank you. I am a Chinese living in AU. Actually most Chinese companies want to work with MOCer and I personally think it's a win-win. For fans They have to pay a lot more to get the Lego part than buy a set. And this is a trend that more MOCer would cooperate with Chinese companies, to create a new market out of "system". And even for those moc failed in the Lego idea, why not sign the deal with a Chinese company and make it a popular set to sell. They believe that to reward to designer is the best way to develop the business. 

Edited by KevS

4 minutes ago, KevS said:

For fans They have to pay a lot more to get the Lego part than buy a set.

The rotator is a bit off in this theme, because it is specialized on the printed parts. 

btw, you have a message

3D printed parts. No problem at all. 

Personally I want to thank you for your osprey MOC. I made it by studying the pic s you released on Flickr. Masterpiece!

44 minutes ago, KevS said:

Masterpiece!

Thanks.

different theme:

small laodtest with the quickshot trailer in the video yesterday
1000 g
51093445371_d8f2ba44fe_c.jpg
1250g
51093540387_0eb87f00b5_c.jpg
2000g, nearly groundcontact and the last traileraxle is in the air.
51094256220_aba237117e_c.jpg

2 hours ago, Scoar Sonander said:

*oh2* Almost 2 kg?? Wow!

but it touches almost the ground.

the squirrel named inspiration is jumping again around.

51095213980_750dc9c69d_c.jpg

only a sketch