kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

LE BLACK PHANTOMÉ

I really don't think that's the ending of the movie, where's the fun of that? And that Purple Villain gave me a deja-vu of Carnage from Spider-Man.

WHERE THE BLOODY HELL IS BREEZ.

Note how Black Phantom is said to have only a saber, making no mention of his badass hammer/club.

Loving that Cyan Hero with the Breez 1.0 Helmet on the background.

And that spider-drone is so cute ;A;

Overall, I can't wait to see Breakout: The Movie.

...It's not going to be a movie, it's going to be a 45 minute episode, like Savage Planet.

...It's not going to be a movie, it's going to be a 45 minute episode, like Savage Planet.

I find an episode to be 22 minutes or less, 45 minutes is a movie for me.

^Ditto.

Also, very nice pictures of Black Phantom, Front! Looks like a very well made set.

On that note, he and the other sets I ordered should be arriving in the mail in the coming days, and I'll be sure to give my opinions when he arrives. :D

I find an episode to be 22 minutes or less, 45 minutes is a movie for me.

Since I'm a big Doctor Who fan, and the regular episode is 45 minutes long, I don't share the same view. :sceptic:

Also, what I want to know is: If Black Phantom is the leader of the breakout, who or what will the big villain of summer be? Maybe we will have a Witch Doctor-sized vehicle instead of another leader!

Edited by Omicron Squad Leader

Since I'm a big Doctor Who fan, and the regular episode is 45 minutes long, I don't share the same view. :sceptic:

Also, what I want to know is: If Black Phantom is the leader of the breakout, who or what will the big villain of summer be? Maybe we will have a Witch Doctor-sized vehicle instead of another leader!

We don't know if Black Phantom is the leader of the breakout, we need to wait for the movie to broadcast. I'm not going to take an advertisement as canon.

Speaking of which, what was that black-hole thingy? Could it be Von Nebula :O?

Anyone else notice Thresher 2.0 in the background behind Stringer at that first scene with the big hero crowd?

No. The animators reuse character models all the time, but this isn't even an example of that-- it's just a green Hero with Stringer's (not Bulk's) 1.0 helmet in retracted mode. There's also a bluish-green Hero with Breez's 1.0 helmet, and a yellow and red hero with Bulk's 1.0 helmet. I figure the green hero-- like both of these two-- is just a generic background character.

Also, I'll be mildly disappointed if Von Nebula's staff isn't the source of that wormhole, just because it would be such a conveniently accessible plot device for that setting. I don't expect Von Nebula himself to return, though.

We don't know if Black Phantom is the leader of the breakout, we need to wait for the movie to broadcast. I'm not going to take an advertisement as canon.

You're not going to take an explicit statement in an official promotional clip as canon? Right...

No. The animators reuse character models all the time, but this isn't even an example of that-- it's just a green Hero with Stringer's (not Bulk's) 1.0 helmet in retracted mode. There's also a bluish-green Hero with Breez's 1.0 helmet, and a yellow and red hero with Bulk's 1.0 helmet. I figure the green hero-- like both of these two-- is just a generic background character.

I don't see why they'd bother putting him in the exact same colors as Thresher though, why not choose other colors like they did with the other generics?

Also, didn't they say at the end of Ordeal of Fire that the "fire villains" were going to go through rehabilitation? I'm guessing it's just model reuse again in the Breakout episode, but all of the fire villains are in the prison...

There's also two Xplodes and two Corroders :tongue:

Also, didn't they say at the end of Ordeal of Fire that the "fire villains" were going to go through rehabilitation? I'm guessing it's just model reuse again in the Breakout episode, but all of the fire villains are in the prison...

Who said they succeeded?

Makes me sad that the video basically gives away the ending of the show =P. Black Phantom's voice sucks, but the animation hit all new levels of awesome. And as a final battle scene goes, that one is pretty decent. A somewhat cliched finish, but the scene itself as a whole definitely sets new standards of fight scenes for that episode. I'm looking forward to it.

So much for the fused villains theory, but it would have been cooler at the time. The Vortex that apparently frees the villains is reminiscent of Von Nebula; even if it's unrelated, you gotta wonder how they're going to deal with him in the long run.

And BP isn't necessarily the "leader" of the Breakout (as in, we don't know if he explicitly commands anybody, such as the current sets) but we're supposed to understand him as the instigator, the one who initiates the breakout. Whether or not that gives him any leadership qualities, or of he has some minions in prison, probably remains to be seen.

Anyhow, I still need some sets, man XP

Aw man... I really shouldn't have seen that trailer! But the animation looks great, the music is also nice, and the fight scenes are much cooler! I have a feeling that Black Phantom wasn't defeated there, though.

I'm actually hoping they'll extend the Breakout theme through the summer. I want more upgraded heroes, and more sweet villains!

I got goosebumps from excitement from watching that video.

That's how awesome I thought it was.

New villains are cool and also nice to see the return of older villains. Really hoping the vortex is related to Nebula.

Also cool to see a Breakout Stormer. Really want him as a set now. Along with that purple villain. And neat to see that Arachnix will be wreaking some major havoc.

Kalhiki

I don't see why they'd bother putting him in the exact same colors as Thresher though, why not choose other colors like they did with the other generics?

There's also two Xplodes and two Corroders :tongue:

Because presumably the colors chosen for the generic characters are just so that they aren't confused with other characters appearing in the episode. All the operators are colored the same color, after all, as are a lot of the workers at HF. For comparison, Von Ness showed up in the crowd in Ordeal of Fire despite having long ago transformed into a larger form and having been imprisoned in a staff in the episode immediately previous ("Thresher", this time the actual character model, was in the same crowd scene). Clearly the animators aren't too concerned with whether background characters coincidentally resemble character models from episodes made several months previously.

As it is, that green doesn't even entirely match Thresher's color (Thresher was about the same color green as Breez in Rise of the Rookies, whereas that background character is a darker green).

My guess regarding the wormhole thing is that some villain manages to use Von Nebula's staff, which is locked up nearby. Realistically, all Black Phantom would need to do is sneak his bug-thing in (not a hard task; he seems to carry it everywhere) and send it to either retrieve the staff or activate it (my guess is the latter, considering how chaotically the wormhole appears and blows a huge hole in the prison).

Edited by Aanchir

Who said they succeeded?

They're robots, couldn't they just reprogram them? Granted, if they COULD, they'd probably do that to all the villains...

I'd also like to say that Black Phantom has a terrible voice and that fight scene was equally terrible. It seems like they LIKE making short, anti-climatic battles against the "big bad" characters.

Based on the fact that it looks like the "Breakout" theme might last two waves, I'm suspecting that Black Phantom is the Big Bad, the inside man who organized the Breakout... but that he may have been working with a Bigger Bad, who worked on the same plan from the outside to cause trouble for Hero Factory.

Just a guess. It'd certainly explain how the villains could break out so easily, and why they haven't done it before now.

Just a guess. It'd certainly explain how the villains could break out so easily, and why they haven't done it before now.

I like your theory, although the bigger bad is probably the villain on the outside. Based purely on the fact that summer waves have bigger sets that would need to be marketed as more important. (But I suppose that wasn't the case in 2009 with Tuma.)

They're robots, couldn't they just reprogram them? Granted, if they COULD, they'd probably do that to all the villains...

I know I'm using more complex thought then the Lego HF take, but here it goes.

Way too simple and cheap IMO. The way it appears to me, these characters have their own personalities, so they are more like living machines instead of just robots. So in that case, it be like brainwashing a bad human and make them good. I don't think it would look good to have Stormer using force to reprogram Xplode or Rotor, it would have to be a personal choice to reform by the villain.

I know I'm using more complex thought then the Lego HF take, but here it goes.

Way too simple and cheap IMO. The way it appears to me, these characters have their own personalities, so they are more like living machines instead of just robots. So in that case, it be like brainwashing a bad human and make them good. I don't think it would look good to have Stormer using force to reprogram Xplode or Rotor, it would have to be a personal choice to reform by the villain.

I think the issue with that take on things is that it's ascribing too much "human-ness" to the robots; in the case of Fire Lord and his cronies, it was a mechanical defect that allowed for the energy they absorbed to influence their mentality adversely. It wouldn't be reform so much as it would be custodial rehabilitation. They need time to detox, presumably, then their actual wiring would probably need to be looked at to prevent that kind of thing from happening again.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=491388

Found this folder on the BShelf. Stormer=White hulk :tongue:

Also interesting purple villain and hero 2.0's

Probably wont be sets, but neat nonetheless

Also from the Ninjago topic, green bone piece

The green bone piece is already seen on Surge. Nothing new there.

This begs the question of Stormer 4.0. We clearly saw him in the video, so:

A. Would it be possible to build him now? (assume you can paint pieces)

B. With Stormer and many other villains having such unique designs is it likely they'll continue the Breakout storyline?

This begs the question of Stormer 4.0. We clearly saw him in the video, so:

A. Would it be possible to build him now? (assume you can paint pieces)

B. With Stormer and many other villains having such unique designs is it likely they'll continue the Breakout storyline?

Stormer has some weird armor pieces on his shoulders, so it won't be possible to complete him 100%

It's a possibility, personally I'd love to see that.