kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

Do you have Breez by any case?

I want to know if it has back armor or not.

I wish I did, I'm curious too! As soon as my TRU gets the next shipment, I'm runnin over to get Furno, Breez, Thornraxx, and Splitface :D

Do you have Breez by any case?

I want to know if it has back armor or not.

She does. Green 1.0 foot. Not too sure how I feel about that, but hey, it's armor.

A..silver foot? Sometimes I fail to understand you, Lego.

I admit some of Rocka's awesomeness aura disappeared after these pics, though I don't understand the origin of this feeling I have. In general, I really dislike the overusage of dark bley bones. Also, I wish the larger Heroes used those friction joints the DC heroes use in their legs..I hope those pieces appear in Pick A Brick, I know I would buy many of those (especially in black).

Edited by KimT

Hah, ok Rocka's back is making he gain points. Even though maybe in a side view the foot would look silly.

I'm thinking of getting Toxic Reapa and Evo now that I've seen Bfahome's reviews for them (and they were very good reviews). I really hate the new Hero Core though, so I want to put on the old chest plate. What I'm afraid of is if Evo's head would look too low down because of the upper part of the armor. Can anyone confirm if 2.0 armor looks good on the new chest plate with a Glatorian head?

Evo looks flat as a pancake. REALLY wish lego would give these guys back armor..

Well, the ones who need it, breez and rocka seems to have quite a bit

I'm thinking of getting Toxic Reapa and Evo now that I've seen Bfahome's reviews for them (and they were very good reviews). I really hate the new Hero Core though, so I want to put on the old chest plate. What I'm afraid of is if Evo's head would look too low down because of the upper part of the armor. Can anyone confirm if 2.0 armor looks good on the new chest plate with a Glatorian head?

It makes the shoulders look a bit tall, but I think on Evo it looks fine since he's the muscle. In fact it makes him look better. I just might have to order an Evo chest from PaB. Also, I was going to say something about it getting in the way of his shoulder armor , but surprisingly it's not a problem; the armor is hollow enough to handle it easily. Does inhibit head movement a bit, though.

e: and you can see some of the circuitry printing through the holes in the 2.0 chest, oh man it's really cool that was a great idea thank you.

Edited by Bfahome

I have no problem in admitting it. But did you consider that's because the 3 sets are so similar to one another? They have the same box style and general building steps. *huh*

I hope you found the HF reviews more original and entertaining. :classic:

I suppose that's fair enough, I'm too used to reviews being staggered, so stuff that's common between all of them just gets covered in the first review.

And yes, your HF reviews are better.

I apologize for being a bit rude about it, I hope there's no hard feelings, yes?

(Or more appropriately, thank you for reviewing the figures in the first place, I appreciate the preview!)

I suppose that's fair enough, I'm too used to reviews being staggered, so stuff that's common between all of them just gets covered in the first review.

And yes, your HF reviews are better.

I apologize for being a bit rude about it, I hope there's no hard feelings, yes?

(Or more appropriately, thank you for reviewing the figures in the first place, I appreciate the preview!)

No problem at all. :wink:

I'm glad LEGO gave us a chance to do this again for the third time, and I hope our reviews (these and the ones to come in the next few days) will be helpful for our readers.

Yeah, I'm really impressed with the variation in these heroes. Rocka looks way better in dark light than he does in bright light, though. Damn, those energy shields are cool- I wonder what could be made with them.

Definitely getting Evo- might get some duplicates- since he's so generic, but in an AWESOME way.

Ditto about Rocka looking better in the dark, for some reason. Also, I kinda feel the same about Evo- once I get him I'm going to make him as tall as the three large Heroes (same thing I'm going to do with Surge) and I'm going to give him some lilac accents......buuuuut the official set looks like it could be used as a fine grunt for an army of good guys (or of bad guys, even).

Regarding the shields, since they're made of two pieces I think that, with some creative and expert bulding, they can be be used for pretty much any sort of armour- shoulder armour, chest armour, etc..

Speaking of the shields, we know which colour Rocka's in, but I wonder about Breeze's. I'd love to see it in tr. red- it'd look s bit bland if it was solid red. Speaking of which, is that even bright red she has? It almost looks dark red to me.

Spell checked- I need to be less impulsive when I post...

Edited by Shakar

Ditto about Rocka looking better in the dark, for some reason. Also, I kinda feel the same about Evo- once I get him I'm going to make him as tall as the three large Heroes (same thing I'm going to do with Surge) and I'm going to give him some lilac accents......buuuuut the official set looks like it could be used as a fine grunt for an army of good guys (or of bad guys, even).

Regarding the shields, since they're made of two pieces I think that, with some creative and expert bulding, they can be be used for pretty much any sort of armour- shoulder armour, chest armour, etc..

Speaking of the shields, we know which colour Rocka's in, but I wonder about Breeze's. I'd love to see it in tr. red- it'd look s bit bland if it was solid red. Speaking of which, is that even bright red she has? It almost looks dark red to me.

Spell checked- I need to be less impulsive when I post...

I'm pretty sure Breez has bright red, just like her 2.0 form, especially as many of her parts already exist in that color in other sets. I agree that this wouldn't be nearly as awesome for the shield as a transparent color, so transparent red would be my guess. Really waiting for a review of her to show up... she's the hero I'm planning on getting first.

I don't really know how I feel about the heights of the taller heroes. I'm going to have to see them in real life to make a final judgment, but it almost feels like the height was only increased so much so that people wouldn't feel cheated for paying more for the larger sets. From what I can gather, she, Furno, and Rocka will all be around Toa Metru height while Surge and Evo will still be Toa Mata height. And unfortunately, the torsos have stayed the same size, so I'm worried the disproportionately long legs on the larger heroes will look bad. :sceptic: