Sign in to follow this  
Superkalle

TLG needs our help

I got a mail today from some guys working with a new in-store digital experience at TLG. It seems they are working with some kind of new thing for one of the brand stores in the US, and now they need our help to create some LDD models.

Hello LDD fans

We were hoping that you might be able to help us with some small LDD models for a project we are doing. As you can see from the image, we have a minifigure in the center of a natural/dreamlike scene, and that minfig will then be able to be manipulated in various ways (sorry that we can't say much more yet).

As you can see we have chosen to create the main part of the scene out of real images/3D models. However, we also need some objects built out of bricks to "Legofy" the scene, and for that we need your help. We need mostly rocks but also other suiting natural elements (trees, flowers etc). Also note that the rocks are both in the foreground and middle-ground to the sides... but not in the background (see example LEGO elements placed in the image).

DigitalHelp2.png

Seems like a nice little challange, doesn't it? If you want to help out, whip together some rocks, boulders and other natural elements of various sizes and post in this topic together with the LXF-file. :classic:

Awesome! Maybe I'll try this. I hope it ends up in the Downtown Disney store. (Closest to where I live. :blush: )

What scale are they expecting the objects to be in? The brick built apples are far smaller than the minifig...

Hi,

Maybe Lego make the 4x4x9 (9 studs tall) rock bricks in grey colors the top and bottom attach either by friction or by slip (part number is 30293 and 30294) if you want smaller ones I think there is a technic ball that has a cross hole, maybe there can be a Lego sticker of a rock pattern to be put on that, or maybe another Lego sphere.

on the whole, it sounds like a fun project to be collaborated in.

Interesting .... Imagine, like the Nintendo Mii, if you can design a Minifig that looks like you, then order it.

I have these laying around from an LDD table project I've been working on. The wall has a slight problem area on top, and only looks good from the side viewed in the picture (the other side had a structure built into it, which i removed for this file). I don't have file hosting for the file though, so I'm not really sure how to post it here.

Great looking wall

And can hosts your files and images at brickshelf.com

Edited by P4trickvH

I have these laying around from an LDD table project I've been working on. The wall has a slight problem area on top, and only looks good from the side viewed in the picture (the other side had a structure built into it, which i removed for this file). I don't have file hosting for the file though, so I'm not really sure how to post it here.

As P4trickvH said, you are able to upload LDD files to Brickshelf. Nice work. :thumbup:

I got a mail today from some guys working with a new in-store digital experience at TLG. It seems they are working with some kind of new thing for one of the brand stores in the US, and now they need our help to create some LDD models.

Seems like a nice little challange, doesn't it? If you want to help out, whip together some rocks, boulders and other natural elements of various sizes and post in this topic together with the LXF-file. :classic:

Count me in!

I dought you know, but does it have to be out of real Legos, or can I just use fake, not outrageous, but new colors?

Hi

I suppose you could use "new" colors, i.e. bricks that has never been produced in that color, but maybe we should try to keep it to "produced colors".

But at the same time, if you have something really cool - post it like you want :classic:

Count me in!

Great.

Just design something and post it in this forum. TLG will be looking here.

The first picture (from LEGO) doesn't work.(((

Could anybody share it on simply http://... but not https

Hi, I attached to this post.

post-4755-131426806906.png

A Rock and a Thistle Flower:

rock_and_thistle_by_bricknave.jpg

LXF file

My thanks to The LEGO Group for giving the fan community the opportunity to help with projects such as this. :classic:

bravo guys (and girls:))

I am not into LDD, but this is very interesting

Rock:

6083519350_66e087b610.jpg

LXF

Rock2 (It's a very creative name, I know... :tongue:) :

6083519446_a0340587ca.jpg

LXF

I'm very happy to help in this project! :excited:

Is this too beyond what's being asked for?

6084009729_57342a5f47_z.jpg

Here's the LXF file.

I'd a made it brown, but some of those parts don't seem to exists in brown in non-Extended mode, which I thought was important.