Sandy

Heroica RPG - Marketplace

Tesni entered the marketplace. She wanted to do a little more shopping. She bought some Barbarian's Boots from Fabian. 1306 gold to 1256. She then moved on to the smithy. Having Cysgodion improved to WP:14 for 140 gold and her shield to SP:11 for 110 gold. 1006 gold was left in her purse. Pausing at the gate, Tesni dropped her old shoes into an alley and put on her Barbarian's Boots.

I notice Amorith at the marketplace.

"Friend, I greet you. That is one fine weapon you have in your pack there. I would be highly interested in relieving you of it. Have you any other weapon?"

"I have no other. Though I would be glad to get a replacement, due to my recent training as a sage, I cannot swing it like I used to and it has therefore lost much of its usefulness."

"I have no other. Though I would be glad to get a replacement, due to my recent training as a sage, I cannot swing it like I used to and it has therefore lost much of its usefulness."

"Ah! Then perhaps I'll make an offer, a trade perhaps. As a Sage the effectiveness of your weapon will be lost to you. Perhaps you wouldn't mind trading it for my Cross of Light. It channels the power of ether, whether it be for healing or the elemental blasts some create. It will certainly be more effective than your current weapon. What say you?

"The clouds are looking gloomy today. Somewhat overcast," I divert attention from my staff as I motion for Anwyl to remove the Diamond from it. Once he's done, I slip him 50 gold and hand the Cross of Light (or not so much light anymore) to Amorith, while accepting his Dual Staff.

"The pleasure is mine. May God grant you success in your future endeavours."

So saying, I return to the hall.

I head up to Anwyl, hand him the Muckraker and the Emerald. He gets the point pretty quickly.

I imbue my Emerald into the Muckraker for 50 gold.

"What an expensive sword you are," I mutter. "Let's hope you're worth it."

I swing the great sword through the air twice.

"I think you."

Edited by Palathadric

Hybros walks into the Marketplace, selling one pair of Sterile Gloves for 40 gold, and buying one Tiger Balm.

Net cost: 60 gold, total of 970.

Being chosen for the Unlimited Fields, Amma walks back to the Market. And these are her purchases:

PORTIA'S POTION SHACK

3x Mead 45 Gold

2x Nostrum 70 Gold

2x Remedy 20 Gold

3x Smoke Bombs 15 Gold

Total 185 Gold

GNOMEO'S TOOLSHED

1x Shovel 10 Gold

Total 10 Gold

FABIAN’S FANTABULOUS FASHION

1x Spiked Collar 30 Gold

Total 30 Gold

GRAND TOTAL 190 Gold

She leaves with 358-190=168 Gold.

I rush over to Anwyl's and have him imbue my newly acquired Topaz and Opal into my slightly less newly acquired Dual-Staff, handing him 100 gold for his efforts.

ava-sylph2.jpgSylph Solanum (Dannylonglegs)

unknown age, unknown race Druid *Immune to Sealed*

Level: 25

Power Bonus: 0

Defense: 0

Health: 35/35

Ether: 30/30

Gold: 85

Equipment: Shrapnel Bow (WP: 10, Bow. Every successful hit drops the target's SP by 1), 20-20 glasses (headwear, +1 turn of effect for scrolls), Robe of the Archmagi (Bodywear; SP: 3; Max Ether +5, immune to "Sealed")

Inventory: Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Ice Armour, 2 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, 2 Tonics, 1 Venom, 2 Fire Bombs, 1 Ice Bomb, 3 Water Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 1 Floral Bomb, 7 Bones, Trial Brew x3, Helmet (Max. health +1)), Emerald, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Signet Ring, Saber Teeth, Journal of The Bleeding,Tale of the Invincible King, Psych Documents, Journal of The Wound, Suffering's Journal, Robe of the Magi (Bodywear, SP: 1), Smoke Bomb, Ranger's Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows), Orcish Morning Star (WP: 9, mace), Mulled Wine, Spinning Bolas (WP: 8, deals the Slowed effect, but the effect is removed when retrieved, throwing weapon), Grand Elixir (Restores full health and ether to target and remedies all negative effects), Hide of The Suffering (Bodywear, Power +7 when under a negative status effect. Doesn't stack.), Merry Bow (WP:7, ranged, steals 1 gold with each successful hit except Shield-skills), Emerald Hood (SP: 4, headwear, protects from Fragile), Sterile Gloves

Sylph entered the Marketplace.

He sold: Orcish Morning Star (WP: 9, mace) (45 gp), and the Robe of the Magi (15 gp) giving him 145 gold. That not being enough to do anything he wanted to do, he returned the money to his purse, and browsed the potions.

He bought 2 Grand Tonics, and 2 Tonics for 90 gold.

ava-sylph2.jpgSylph Solanum (Dannylonglegs)

unknown age, unknown race Druid *Immune to Sealed*

Level: 25

Power Bonus: 0

Defense: 3 (Robe)

Health: 35/35

Ether: 30/30

Gold: 50

Equipment: Shrapnel Bow (WP: 10, Bow. Every successful hit drops the target's SP by 1), 20-20 glasses (headwear, +1 turn of effect for scrolls), Robe of the Archmagi (Bodywear; SP: 3; Max Ether +5, immune to "Sealed")

Inventory: Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Ice Armour, 2 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, 4 Tonics, 4 Grand Tonics, 1 Venom, 2 Fire Bombs, 1 Ice Bomb, 3 Water Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 1 Floral Bomb, 7 Bones, Trial Brew x3, Helmet (Max. health +1)), Emerald, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Signet Ring, Saber Teeth, Journal of The Bleeding,Tale of the Invincible King, Psych Documents, Journal of The Wound, Suffering's Journal, Smoke Bomb, Ranger's Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows), Mulled Wine, Spinning Bolas (WP: 8, deals the Slowed effect, but the effect is removed when retrieved, throwing weapon), Grand Elixir (Restores full health and ether to target and remedies all negative effects), Hide of The Suffering (Bodywear, Power +7 when under a negative status effect. Doesn't stack.), Merry Bow (WP:7, ranged, steals 1 gold with each successful hit except Shield-skills), Emerald Hood (SP: 4, headwear, protects from Fragile), Sterile Gloves

Edited by Dannylonglegs

After being chosen to help inspect an eerie lighthouse, he would have to leave early tomorrow, he comes to the marketplace to make some last second packing.

Gnomeo's Toolshed

1 Bedroll - 5GP

Portias Potion Shack

1 Potion -5GP

------

0 GP left

Screen_Shot_2013_10_27_at_7_10_17_PM.png

He leaves a 100% more broke than he came in.

A very angry Baradock comes in with a barely suppressed rage storms the Marketplace, coming toward Gnomeo's Toolshed.

Grasped in his hand was an earlier bought Bedroll. It was full with stones! He slammed it on the counter and put his palm out. He wanted a refund!

And he wasn't leaving without one.

Gnomeo's Toolshed

Sold Bedroll +5 GP

+0

---

5 GP left

Edited by Cryos

Avalanche approached Portia. "Could I please have a Phoenix Essence?" He purchased the bottle, leaving him with 43 gold.

Edited by Dragonfire

Purpearl stops by the Marketplace on her way back to the Hall and approaches Portia's Potion Shack, "I would like to purchase 1x Potion and 1x Tonic, please. "

"That would be 20 gold please." replied Portia.

Purpearl hands over 20 gold, leaving her with 95 - 20 = 75 gold.

"Thanks." said Portia as she lifts her head up after double checking the amount of gold received.

But Purpearl has already taken the items and disappeared into the crowd.

Baradock approached the smithy to check on his armor.

Anwyl looked wary,

"Sorry there son, its beyond my repair, what in the devil were yer' fighting to give a dent like this!?"

He pointed to a sift in the breastplate.

"Look son, I can give you another set, but it wont be as good as this. It's the best I can do."

Screen_Shot_2013_10_31_at_5_19_51_PM.png

OOC: I wanted Baradock to seem more barbaric

It was a tight fit, but he was content with the protection, though his arms felt a bit vulnerable. Baradock turns on his heels and returns to the Hall. Waving goodbye to the armor smith on the way out.

Edited by Cryos

"Is it Samhain again?" muttered the merchants of the Marketplace as the all-too-familiar dark wagon rolled into their view. The green-skinned witch named Elphaba stepped out of the wagon, and took a deep breath of air.

heroicanpc-elphaba.jpg

"Is she still around?!", Elphaba wondered, as she wrinkled her nose as if she had smelled something foul. "I would've thought Heroica had done something about her by now. That old hag is a disgrace to my profession..."

Ignoring the stares she got from the other merchants and the passers-by, Elphaba set out her wares once again. This time she had brought many new items with her. She did not know how long she could keep coming to Eubric, so she wanted to reap whatever gold she could for as long as she could.

heroicamarket-magic2.jpg

~Elphaba's Magic Wagon is open at the Marketplace until November the 30th, 2013!~

Johon, noticing the new elphaba again, purchases some wares.

heroica-garnet.jpgGarnet X1 – Enables earth-elemental spells. 100 gold.

heroica-opal.jpgOpal X1 – Enables ice-elemental spells. 100 gold.

heroica-ruby.jpgRuby X1 – Enables fire-elemental spells. 100 gold.

heroica-sapphire.jpgSapphire X1 – Enables wind-elemental spells. 100 gold.

heroica-diamond.jpgDiamond X2– Enables light-elemental spells. 200 gold.

heroica-amethyst.jpgAmethyst X2 – Enables darkness-elemental spells. 200 gold.

heroica-scrolloffrailty.jpgScroll of Frailty X1 - Enables casting the fragile-effect to the target, causing it to take double damage for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether. Usable only by job classes with ether. 50 gold.

heroica-scrollofweakening.jpgScroll of Weakening X1 - Enables casting the weakened-effect to the target, halving its level for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether. Usable only by job classes with ether. 50 gold.

heroica-lullabywand.jpgLullaby Wand X1 – WP:6; causes asleep-effect. 90 gold.

heroica-lovelornwand.jpgLovelorn Wand X1 – WP:6; causes enamored-effect. 90 gold.

heroica-scaridywand.jpgScaridy Wand X1 - WP:6; causes afraid-effect. 90 gold.

heroica-wandofwrath.jpgWand of Wrath X1 - WP:6; causes enraged-effect. 90 gold.

heroica-fiftyshadesofbley.jpgFifty Shades of Bley X1– Allows choosing the Harlot as a job class upon reaching Level 30. 500 gold.

3494 - (100+100+100+100+200+200+50+50+90+90+90+500=1670) = 1824

When purchasing the book, Elphaba gives him a naughty look and a chuckle. Johon's face goes red. "It-It's not for me."

"Sure it isn't"

Truth be told, he hadn't bought it for himself, but rather a possible way to get some money. Some would probably pay more for the book.

Thalion enters the marketplace and walks to Elphaba's where he buys one of each Scroll of Sealing, Blindness, Frailty and Weakening; two Scrolls of Confusion and two Scrolls of Sleep (50 + 50 + 50 + 50 + 100 + 100 gold), bows to the witch and hands her 400 gold (547 - 400 = 147 gold left). Afterwords, he walks to Portia's, sells her 2 Deadly Venoms (50) and buys 3 Nostrums, 3 Smelling Salts and a Tonic (105 + 75 + 15) for which he hands her 195 gold. (147 + 50 - 195 = 2 gold left). He leaves the Marketplace and heads back to the Hall, with a pouch full of scrolls and 2 gold coins in his pocket.

Skrall makes his way into the market place his purse full of 1408 Gold pieces, doffing his hat to the new arrival, "Good to see ya again, mam. I'm after a few pretty stones"

The ogre picked out a Diamond, Garnet, and a Sapphire. Skrall grabbed a Deluxe Skeleton, a Scroll of Blindness and a Scroll of Confusion at random from a stack before handing 500 Gold over to Elphaba.

"Thank ya mam."

The ogre strolled over to Anwyl. "Got a bit of work fer ya my good dwarf." The ogre lay the gems and his two bows down in front of the black smith. "I need these two bows embued with all my gems and each of them upgraded a level. I suggest ya get busy."

Skrall later returned and handed Anwyl a sack of 740 Gold before inspecting his equipment:

Composite Bow (WP: 12 Garnet, Topaz, Diamond, Emerald, Aquamarine)

Hunter's Crossbow (WP: 12/24 Amethyst, Ruby, Opal, Sapphire)

The ogre then walked over to Fabian's where he had his Scrolls of Blindness and Confusion infused into his Heavy Armor for 100 Gold much to the elf's nose's disgust.

Rounding off his shopping spree at Portia's Potions, the ogre purchased 4 meads and 2 Nostrums for 130 Gold leaving him with 38 Gold in his satchel.

Karie wanders back into the market, covered in the warmth of her Syndicate uniform. She first walks up to Portia's, and drops 35 gold on the table.

"Just a Nostrum."

Portia, oblivious to the fact she's dealing with one of her most hated customers, hands over the bottle in exchange for Karie's coins. She nods to her as she continues her route.

312-35=277 gold

Wandering about, Karie comes face to face with a macabre looking medicine show wagon. The owner running the cart stiffens up as she approaches.

"I sense another witch."

Karie stays silent as she looks over her, the green skinned woman stroking her cat.

"Don't expect discounts from me though, if you want those, you may have wishes in finding better prices."

"That's fine, I came here with the intention to purchase some goods, and there's a chance I'll be back. Those Pumpkin Bombs look devilish, I'll take two of those. I'll also purchase a Scroll of Blindness and a Scroll of Frailty off your hands."

The witch prepares Karie's goods in a box and hands it to her.

"Together your cost is 220 gold."

Karie scrapes the majority of her money into Elphaba's hands, leaving her with 57 gold. She begins to walk off with her crate full of exotic goods.

277-220=57 gold

Hoke makes a walk to the Marketplace to take in the cool evening air, sights and sounds. He sees that Elphaba is back and follows a straight path to her.

"Good eve my lady. I would like to sell you a few things and make a purchase."

Sells:

4 Bones +20 gold

+20 gold

1078 gold

Buys:

Garnet -100 gold

Pumpkin bomb -60 gold

Scroll of Sleep -50 gold

Scroll of Blindness -50 gold

Scroll of Confusion -50 gold

Scroll of Sealing -50 gold

-360 gold

718 gold

Edited by UsernameMDM

Erik buys an Amethyst from Elphaba for 100 gold, and has Anwyl imbue it into his Twin Axe for 50 gold. He also has his Diamond imbued into his Titanic Axe for an additional 50 gold.

Original gold: 216.

Total cost: 200 gold.

Remaining gold: 16.

Guts has his Scroll of Weakening imbued in his dancing shoes (50), and he buys 3 Pumpkin Bombs (180) from Elphaba, and 2 Smelling Salts and 2 Nostrum from Portia (120). He had 360 gold, and now has 10 gold left.