Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

6 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

As Germ traded the Scroll of Blindness for the 100 Gold. 

Matthias slips the scroll into a pouch and slips bumblingly out the door towards the market.

Boomingham surveys the Hall from up at the bar, quietly swilling his glass back and forth, keeping an eye on everyone. His vision is a little blurry, and he's spent nearly a year touring Eubric on a lower level, but he feels good - if it's his status or his booze it's hard to say.

---

Bobby slinks back into the bar, his rough metallic mask still clawing into his face. "Alright, man," he whispers to no one in particular.

10 hours ago, Palathadric said:

I purchase the 5 Smoke Bombs for 10 Gold.

I watch in interest as the mage instructs the barbarian in the arts of magic.

The ways of the mage are changing, it appears. Perhaps people can actually handle magic these days. People are growing and learning.

Petaldan stares in awe as Torald flings the chair about.

"Wow! Are you becoming a mage too now?"

Torald laughs. Yeah, pretty cool, huh. Just learning for now, getting to know the basics. But it's hard.

6 hours ago, Zepher said:

Boomingham surveys the Hall from up at the bar, quietly swilling his glass back and forth, keeping an eye on everyone. His vision is a little blurry, and he's spent nearly a year touring Eubric on a lower level, but he feels good - if it's his status or his booze it's hard to say.

Hoke awakes from his pondering only to see a face he hadn't noticed before.

"Aren't you a little old for this?" he asks with a smile as he walks up to the bar.

On 5/30/2017 at 4:12 PM, Kintobor said:

"Well, I'm glad you've come to some amount of understanding in your path, even if it now leads to a crossroad." Annienal awkwardly shifts in her seat, looking around. She seems hesitant to tell her story, but begins. "Um... well, for myself... I went off to a small island off the west coast of Uland, and meditated for several weeks, trying to come to some sort of understanding as to how to better connect with dragons, as well as how to control the elements, and, um..." Annienal paused in hesitancy. "Well, perhaps I'd best start from the beginning, because, um... it's kind of a long story.

I'd left shortly after dealing with a man who could turn into a phoenix on my previous outing. I'd made up my mind after seeing him fly away in a burst of flames. I packed everything I needed and trekked to a secluded place. When I made it to the island, I set up a small camp and started a large bonfire. For two weeks I meditated and fasted, and after that, I spent another two weeks after taking a weeks long break to ensure I didn't starve. During my meditations, I made attempts to commune with the spirits of draconic entities, as well as Lethauros, who, I'll admit, has been speaking to me whenever I don this helmet. I've, um, also been holding onto the underdeveloped organ we found since then as well." Annienal presents the helmet crafted from the felled dragon's scales to Vindsval, her voice trill with both excitement, anticipation and fear. She does not however produce the underdeveloped organ. "Twelve days into the second meditation period... I, um, made lucid contact with Lethauros. I had managed to have vivid visions before hand, but this one was the most, um... intense.

I was, um, alone, on top of a mountain, when a large, white dragon swooped down in front of me. I wasn't. The dragon circled me until I was directly in front of his face, so close to death, yet so close to vast amounts of wisdom. We spoke at length about power, wealth, freedom, and other philosophical questions which seemed to go on for hours. Then, it opened it's mouth and blew it's fiery breath upon me. I did not perish, though. I awoke, and like instinct, I spread my wings and flew off into the horizon, across the sea, and over mountains. I felt the wind rush against my face as I soared by great cities, and I roared with the strength of a hundred men, billowing fire far greater than any mage could. I could feel the immense power resting inside me. For what felt like forever, I had become a dragon. 

And then I opened my eyes, having finished my vision two days later. I found blood all over me. I had eaten the entire of the underdeveloped organ- no, I had gorged on it! I did not know how I did it, nor do I remember doing it, but I devoured the organ I took from Lethauros with me. I then left the island after washing myself, and my clothes off. 

So, uh, yeah, that's what I've been doing." Annienal replies, having laid herself bare. She felt a pit of shame well up inside her. She had allowed herself to gorge on the flesh of a body part like an animal while she relished in a vision. She did not know what to feel, and looked to Vind, hoping he'd assist her in understanding what had happened.

"I, um, remember reading about something like that about your people." Annienal replies. "Um, as for how I meditate, well, um, it takes focus and dedication. It's relaxing. I sort of picked up on it when I became a mystic knight, and I've found it helpful for when I need to calm myself, or, um, when I'm looking for answers through self reflection."

Vindsval lays a hand gently on his friends shoulders.  Attempting to provide comfort without making her even more uneasy.

Journeys of the mind and soul are trying indeed.  Are you certain you truly transformed?  If so, you channelled great power indeed my small friend.  Great power indeed.  Feel no shame in your actions.  You stood within the power of a demigod.  While not truly divine the power that was within the Titan Wyrm Lethauros does not fall far short.  He was as close to godhood as any mortal being can hope to achieve.  If he has chosen to mentor you, to take you under his enormous wing then you have been blessed.  Though we were forced to destroy him, he was an honorable creature.  I caution you one thing, stay true to yourself.  Do not allow his consciousness to consume you or lead you to a path not of your choosing.  You are strong and true.  I wish you to stay that way my friend.  Always.

13 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"I mean, um, have you ever seen someone have their mind eaten out by draconic spirits, or is this something that you've merely heard through hear say? I've heard of possession through channeling, but I highly doubt draconic spirits would want to possess an elf, let alone one looking to them for knowledge." Annienal replies.

"I know of many spirits possessing and consuming people's minds. I've seen people whose minds have been consumed. Perhaps not by Draconic spirits, but if it's possible for other spirits, then certainly for Draconic ones it is as well. Also, opening yourself to the world of spirits, you can by no means be assured of your final destination. There are many spirits of deception out there that can deceive you into thinking they are something they are not. You must be very wary if you have had no previous experience with spirits, it's not something to just jump into without first knowing what you may stand to lose by doing so."

7 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"I know of many spirits possessing and consuming people's minds. I've seen people whose minds have been consumed. Perhaps not by Draconic spirits, but if it's possible for other spirits, then certainly for Draconic ones it is as well. Also, opening yourself to the world of spirits, you can by no means be assured of your final destination. There are many spirits of deception out there that can deceive you into thinking they are something they are not. You must be very wary if you have had no previous experience with spirits, it's not something to just jump into without first knowing what you may stand to lose by doing so."

"And how do you know she is unaware of the dangers? You seem to assume she is some form of naive ignoramus simply for engaging in such rituals. And why are you here anyway? What right do you have to intrude on this conversation? As far as I know no one asked for you to contribute!"

16 hours ago, Zepher said:

Bobby slinks back into the bar, his rough metallic mask still clawing into his face. "Alright, man," he whispers to no one in particular.

After coming back from the marketplace. Germ spotted "Robert" and wonder what is up with that mask. 

Well if it is not Robert "Young" Bucks. Where have you been hiding? 

26 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

"And how do you know she is unaware of the dangers? You seem to assume she is some form of naive ignoramus simply for engaging in such rituals. And why are you here anyway? What right do you have to intrude on this conversation? As far as I know no one asked for you to contribute!"

"If we know the dangers of something, it is our duty as heroes to warn people of what they're getting into. Do you seriously not care when the lives and minds of others could be at stake? What right do I have to butt in? What right would you have to stop any crime from being committed? We, as heroes, have a duty to protect our fellow human beings from getting into dangerous situations. If you don't understand that, then perhaps you shouldn't be a hero. Now, once I've warned her, she is free to do as she pleases, I suppose, but know that whenever heroes have to fight to clean up a mess, they rarely have to fight the most guilty party. They fight henchmen who have been duped by the main guilty party into being followers, not knowing what they were getting into. If I can prevent a person from walking down the wrong path, I prevent the need for numerous quests to repair the damage that could be done. Maybe this lady knows what she's getting into, maybe not, but it's better to assume that she doesn't and find out she does, then vice versa, for her sake as well for humanity's at large."

16 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Vindsval lays a hand gently on his friends shoulders.  Attempting to provide comfort without making her even more uneasy.

Journeys of the mind and soul are trying indeed.  Are you certain you truly transformed?  If so, you channelled great power indeed my small friend.  Great power indeed.  Feel no shame in your actions.  You stood within the power of a demigod.  While not truly divine the power that was within the Titan Wyrm Lethauros does not fall far short.  He was as close to godhood as any mortal being can hope to achieve.  If he has chosen to mentor you, to take you under his enormous wing then you have been blessed.  Though we were forced to destroy him, he was an honorable creature.  I caution you one thing, stay true to yourself.  Do not allow his consciousness to consume you or lead you to a path not of your choosing.  You are strong and true.  I wish you to stay that way my friend.  Always.

"No. I most certainly didn't transform. It was definitely some form of a vision, but... it felt real." Annienal felt a surge of gratefulness swell inside her. She was glad to have Vind around, someone who could at least understand what she was trying to do. "I'll admit... I'm, um, somewhat, um, worried about my own future as well. I, um, really don't see any potential cause for him to take over me... but now that you and Monk Pretzel bring it up... maybe I should find an actual dragon to help me out..." Annienal wondered where exactly she'd find such a dragon who would want to speak with her, let alone help her in finding a way to become a dragon, but she was certain one was out there.

8 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"If we know the dangers of something, it is our duty as heroes to warn people of what they're getting into. Do you seriously not care when the lives and minds of others could be at stake? What right do I have to butt in? What right would you have to stop any crime from being committed? We, as heroes, have a duty to protect our fellow human beings from getting into dangerous situations. If you don't understand that, then perhaps you shouldn't be a hero. Now, once I've warned her, she is free to do as she pleases, I suppose, but know that whenever heroes have to fight to clean up a mess, they rarely have to fight the most guilty party. They fight henchmen who have been duped by the main guilty party into being followers, not knowing what they were getting into. If I can prevent a person from walking down the wrong path, I prevent the need for numerous quests to repair the damage that could be done. Maybe this lady knows what she's getting into, maybe not, but it's better to assume that she doesn't and find out she does, then vice versa, for her sake as well for humanity's at large."

"Monk Pretzel, I can assure you I, um, know exactly what I'm doing... most of the, um, t-time." Annienal sputters. "However, you have suggested I try and find an actual living dragon, which ultimately may be the most beneficial route to take for myself from this point on. You, um... wouldn't happen to know where, um, any live... do you?"

4 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"However, you have suggested I try and find an actual living dragon, which ultimately may be the most beneficial route to take for myself from this point on. You, um... wouldn't happen to know where, um, any live... do you?"

"I do," Hoke called out as he sat down next to Lawrence.

Ezeran, please excuse me for a moment. I have some business in the marketplace. Won't be long. With those words, Torald left the Hall. A short while later he returned. So, sold some stuff, bought some stuff, plus I got this Emerald, Torald smiles. 

19 hours ago, Palathadric said:

Throlar sighed.

"I'm not going to argue with that because I agree with you, but your attitude still comes off as overbearing rather than helpful. And I don't react well to people who I perceive as insulting my friends."

11 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Monk Pretzel, I can assure you I, um, know exactly what I'm doing... most of the, um, t-time." Annienal sputters. "However, you have suggested I try and find an actual living dragon, which ultimately may be the most beneficial route to take for myself from this point on. You, um... wouldn't happen to know where, um, any live... do you?"

"Dastan. Also, he's telling you that treating with spirits is dangerous and you shouldn't do that but he apparently has advised you to actively seek out a large, fire-breathing, dangerously capricious being? And why all this interest in dragons anyway?"

50 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

Throlar sighed.

"I'm not going to argue with that because I agree with you, but your attitude still comes off as overbearing rather than helpful. And I don't react well to people who I perceive as insulting my friends."

"Dastan. Also, he's telling you that treating with spirits is dangerous and you shouldn't do that but he apparently has advised you to actively seek out a large, fire-breathing, dangerously capricious being? And why all this interest in dragons anyway?"

"Very well then. I would rather be overbearing in protecting someone than otherwise. As far as the dragons are concerned, it now seems like you are the one who is judging and an extremely noble being. Dragons are, generally, not some large monster rapaciously destroying all in their paths. Believe me, I have dealt with them long enough and I know them to be often gentle and noble creature, usually very wise too. If she would wish to meet a real live dragon, I would take her to one, especially considering how quiet the hall has been recently. You see, I would much rather trust a fellow hero's well being in the hands of someone whom I know and who respects heroes, than...well, I don't think I need to say anymore."

13 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"No. I most certainly didn't transform. It was definitely some form of a vision, but... it felt real." Annienal felt a surge of gratefulness swell inside her. She was glad to have Vind around, someone who could at least understand what she was trying to do. "I'll admit... I'm, um, somewhat, um, worried about my own future as well. I, um, really don't see any potential cause for him to take over me... but now that you and Monk Pretzel bring it up... maybe I should find an actual dragon to help me out..." Annienal wondered where exactly she'd find such a dragon who would want to speak with her, let alone help her in finding a way to become a dragon, but she was certain one was out there.

Communing with the Wanderer sometimes blurrs the line between mind and world as well.  There is great power in our perception.  If I can aid you in your journey you have but to ask.  You are, if I may say, as kin to me Annie.  And for one with none, that is dear indeed.

4 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Ezeran, please excuse me for a moment. I have some business in the marketplace. Won't be long. With those words, Torald left the Hall. A short while later he returned. So, sold some stuff, bought some stuff, plus I got this Emerald, Torald smiles. 

Master Ezeran, If it is a gem or two you find of interest I may be able to help.

8 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Well, I mean, um, I suppose you have a right to know that, um, I'm, um... well, um... I'm trying to, um, turn myself into a dragon." Annienal mumbles, avoiding eye contact.

5 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Communing with the Wanderer sometimes blurrs the line between mind and world as well.  There is great power in our perception.  If I can aid you in your journey you have but to ask.  You are, if I may say, as kin to me Annie.  And for one with none, that is dear indeed.

"I appreciate the sentiment, Vind. I, um, also consider a close friend, and I'm glad to have met someone such as yourself." Annienal smiles back.

14 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"I do," Hoke called out as he sat down next to Lawrence.

Annienal turns quickly, nearly jumping out of her chair. "Where?" Annienal asks, looking ready to pack her things and head out to whatever place the man told her to go.

On 6/1/2017 at 1:24 AM, Zepher said:

On 6/1/2017 at 5:57 PM, samurai-turtle said:

After coming back from the marketplace. Germ spotted "Robert" and wonder what is up with that mask. 

Well if it is not Robert "Young" Bucks. Where have you been hiding? 

He must of not heard me or he is passed out. I can't tell with that mask on. Does he ever take it off? 

7 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Master Ezeran, If it is a gem or two you find of interest I may be able to help.

As I just happen to walk by. I think that is Torald. But what, you want to sell off some of your gems off? 

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

"Well, I mean, um, I suppose you have a right to know that, um, I'm, um... well, um... I'm trying to, um, turn myself into a dragon." Annienal mumbles, avoiding eye contact.

A dragon? Why you want that type of Target on you back? If you change your mind and want to be a demon, I can help with that (assuming you survive the process). 

34 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

A dragon? Why you want that type of Target on you back? If you change your mind and want to be a demon, I can help with that (assuming you survive the process). 

Annienal was appalled, partially by the poor grammar, partially by the invitation to become a demon. Part of her wanted to draw her sword an unleash her fury upon this creature, but she knew of someone who's wrath was far more devastating.

"Um... Monk Pretzel... I'll, um, leave this guy to you."

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Annienal was appalled, partially by the poor grammar, partially by the invitation to become a demon. Part of her wanted to draw her sword an unleash her fury upon this creature, but she knew of someone who's wrath was far more devastating.

"Um... Monk Pretzel... I'll, um, leave this guy to you."

Aaammm...Um...How dare you not want to be a supreme Elf! ... How dare you! ... I am super ultra mega offended! ... You must have some sort of mental damage! Since you do not want to be an Elf no more! 

I swear 90% of the "Fisher Price" in here are so rude. Those "Leap Frog" need a foot up there "Kre-O". If need be I will just break my feet off up there and grow new ones, just do I can keep putting feet up their "Kre-O". They probably have "Lincoln Logs" for brains too. 

Torald sneaks out of the Hall for a moment, returning with a topaz in his possession. 

16 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Hello. I know you from somewhere. Did we trade something before? Doesn't matter. I've got this hammer I'd like to trade for gems, if you'd want that? But my name is Torald, Ezeran is my sorcerer friend. 

10 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Annienal turns quickly, nearly jumping out of her chair. "Where?" Annienal asks, looking ready to pack her things and head out to whatever place the man told her to go.

"Dastan.  Last time I as there, there were many of them, including 2 of my friends."

9 minutes ago, Alfadas said:

Hello. I know you from somewhere. Did we trade something before? Doesn't matter. I'veIf got this hammer I'd like to trade for gems, if you'd want that? But my name is Torald, Ezeran is my sorcerer friend. 

Vindsval chuckles to himself.  It would seem that the spirits which guide his existence have been having a particularly hard time with names recently.

My apologies master Torald.  He picks up the proffered hammer and examines it.  The weapon does seem familiar, as if he owned it once before, but there is something different.  Something new to the hammer, but familiar to the man.

If you would accept these in trade I believe we have a deal. Vindsval removes his gem pouch and fishes out two stones.  An Aquamarine and a Garnet.  He places them on the table beside the hammer.

Just now, Asphalt said:

Vindsval chuckles to himself.  It would seem that the spirits which guide his existence have been having a particularly hard time with names recently.

My apologies master Torald.  He picks up the proffered hammer and examines it.  The weapon does seem familiar, as if he owned it once before, but there is something different.  Something new to the hammer, but familiar to the man.

If you would accept these in trade I believe we have a deal. Vindsval removes his gem pouch and fishes out two stones.  An Aquamarine and a Garnet.  He places them on the table beside the hammer.

No need to apologize. Happens to the best of us. Torald picks up the Aquamarine. He can feel the cold energy of water flowing through it. He puts the Aquamarine and the Garnet in his pocket. Deal. You can have that hammer, I'll take these fine gems. Thanks!

17 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Throlar sat in silence, staring at Annie in blank speechlessness.

"What. The hell." he finally intoned in shock.