Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

De'kra nodded in greeting and clicked, "I De'kra. What roam-ant-icism? Sickness only affect elves and humans, or others in danger? I not know word, but you tongue not I first. You describe roam-ant-icism?" De'krawaited, hopeful that his butchering of the common tongue of Eubic wouldn't be too hard to understand.

"Yeah, others in danger, but I think the likes of you and me are immune to romanticism. It's, er, well, er, it does, er, it makes people behave like them. That's what it does." Henry explaines slightly biased. :laugh:

Benji Carvenhall

Barty Bart

Eric

Leo Aragon

Christopher Daggerfall

Jess

Artramor Gibbin

Hybros

Henry Sicarivl

Eradacath Madilinas

Thothwick

Please alert me if your name should be on this list and is not!

Skrall walked back into the hall. He had decided he needed some fresh air and solitude after his last outburst, now refreshed but hungery he slowly turned back to Heroica Hall. As Skrall entered he noticed that the cave advertisment had been removed and another concenring eastern treasure tacked in its place. "Ah well, I probably would have hit ma head one two many times in that cave anyways," the ogre tought to himself. He read the description of the 8th quest and decided against it as it sounded more appropriate for his friend En Sabeh Nur to whom he would have to mention it later. Skrall entered the bar noticed an elven ranger and a norseman both turning as red as beets, he could only guess what was going on from the rumors and gossip that had been flying earlier. Skrall noticed the small shade De'Kra chatting with a rogue that he hadn't met. After ordering an ale from the barmaid Skrall approached the pair.

"Afternoon my fine gentlemen, ya mind if I join ya?"

De'kra nods at this and clicks, "Two heroes remind I of chickens in time-of-new-life. Chickens sing in time-of-new-life, chickens also pair off. It same thing? Might yes, I have new question. Usually chickens pair and one colorful chicken and one dull color chicken. Which one of two heroes colorful?"

As the ogre approached, De'kra clicked, "you fine."

OOC: De'kra is talking about all birds, he just only knows the word for chicken.

Edited by Tanma

"Aye, I've been told that my singing is nice. So tell me about yourself, Haldor."

Jess took a bite of the duck, and glanced at the shade that she and Haldor were sharing the bar with. He was staring at them. Jess felt a shiver go down her spine, and turned back to Haldor.

"I never was like the others, always fighting, I think it is more important to give life rather than take it.

I hope we can share a meal like this again. "

Haldor bids Jess goodbye and leaves cheerfully :classic:.

De'kra nods at this and clicks, "Two heroes remind I of chickens in time-of-new-life. Chickens sing in time-of-new-life, chickens also pair off. It same thing? Might yes, I have new question. Usually chickens pair and one colorful chicken and one dull color chicken. Which one of two heroes colorful?"

OOC: De'kra is talking about all birds, he just only knows the word for chicken.

Skrall patted the shade's head, "Yes my small friend I am doing much better now, I just need some fresh air." Skrall turned to the rogue. "I don't think we've had the pleasure of meetin' yet, my name's Skrall I'd shake yar hand but I've all ready broken a few doin' that already," the ogre chuckled. At that moment the barmaid delivered Skrall's ale. "Thank you miss. Now De'Kra what's all this about chickens?"

Henry Sicarivl

"My name is written with an "u" instead of an "v", but that's all."

"Afternoon my fine gentlemen, ya mind if I join ya?"

"Of course not. We're just talking about those two heroes and romanticism and chickens. Feel free to join our discussion!"

"Actually, I don't know much about chickens", Henry confesses. "But I believe, that's with chickens just the opposite of Humans, where the colorful use to be the female ones. So I guess you're talking about the male one, am I right? That would be Haldor. Don't get me wrong, but it's really hard to talk to you. But fun nevertheless."

Cronk pretty sure Cronk put name down, too.

Draco walks in and adds Cronk's name to the list. He puts a :wub: next to it because everyone, including Draco, loves Cronk.

"My name is written with an "u" instead of an "v", but that's all."

Draco blushes. "Whoops. Stupid handwriting, can't read my own words sometimes."

Thormanil watches as another group sets off on an adventure, and while he wishes them luck, he is envious that they are out and about, while he is slowly drinking away what little funds he has left here at the Hall. Not wanting to get tangled up in any Romeo and Juliet nonsense, and a little apprehensive of the Shade who seems to be a little... "off"... he decides to keep to himself for a bit. That's when, out of the corner of his eye, he sees a man posting up another quest on the board. Intrigued, he makes his way over to the quest board to see what's what.

Thormanil, thinking to himself: "Well, I'd still like to see if I can't be of help to the Shadeaux, but there's a lot of folks here looking for work, and I'd sure hate to miss out on the opportunity to get out there and do something. It'd certainly be easier to communicate with a smaller group, so maybe catching that thief could go quickly and smoothly. Then again, I'm sure I could hold my own out in the desert a lot better than most of the folks here, since they're so dependent upon their creature comforts. And while I do love fighting, I'm hesitant to get mixed up in any sort of organized brawls alongside fighters who are a bit more experienced than I, especially when rewards will be handed out based on relative performance. I guess, though, given that these quests have a bit of a staggered start, it couldn't hurt to toss my name in the hat across the board, just in case.

Thormanil pens his name on the remaining three quest sign-ups, doing so in his order of preference

Quest #4: Taming the Lions His name already being on this list, it would be his first choice

Quest #6: Wanted: Donny Dozenhands

Quest #8: Sacred Sands

Quest #7: The Arena

"Haldor? Chickens? What difference does the color make, they all taste the same to me," the ogre commented with a confused look on his face.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

De'kra winced and clicked, "I know male and female, I have word for male and female in home tongue. But in home tongue translation there no real visible difference between male and female. Usually males more aggressive, females more social. Not say males not social and only violent, nor females only social and not able to fight; difference really real small. But there different physical bodies for males and females here? What way?"

To the ogre he explained, "heroes over there have mind sickness called roam-ant-icism. I try understand concept, not well."

Edited by Tanma

De'kra winced and clicked, "I know male and female, I have word for male and female in home tongue. But in home tongue translation there no real visible difference between male and female. Usually males more aggressive, females more social. Not say males not social and only violent, nor females only social and not able to fight; difference really real small. But there different physical bodies for males and females here? What way?"

To the ogre he explained, "heroes over there have mind sickness called roam-ant-icism. I try understand concept, not well."

"Ah that explains a bit, though we have this species of tree spider where I come from where the female does eat the male :sick: not a pretty sight, especially with those spiders bein' bigger than a wagon wheel." The ogre shrugged, "As fer romanticism you're talkin' to the wrong ogre sonny. Sure I got a dam of my own back home, but we aren't always on speakin' terms. Last time I went home I got a cauldrun of boilin' stew flung over my head because I hadn't been back in months. As fer differences," Skrall scratched his head, "they're alot like stealin' a richman's purse. Wouldn't you agree rogue? Except instead of stealin' the coins out, you're puttin' 'em in. So let's say we have these two chickens here, the male chicken comes along and puts a coin in the female chicken's purse. Now here in Eubric if'n you've got two silver coins, those equal 1 gold coin. So now if our male chicken puts his silver coin in the female chicken's purse with her silver coin, out pops a gold coin. And just like with people here abouts, out pops a new human, or orc, or elf, or so on and so forth. The trick is that only the female chickens carry the purses." Skrall sat back hoping he had cleared up the confusion.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

De'kra has made a great discovery, he will never understand this roam-ant-icism. Not because of bad explanations, the actions that the two heroes were simply making no sense. He could see that it could be a way of finding breed-partners, and that doing so was vital to their races. He knew how beasts multiplied after all, humans would be about the same. But anything beyond that made no sense. It just didn't translate. De'kra clicked, "I think roam-ant-icism beyond I. I think I race not capable of it. Home tongue have no word for it, it no exist there. Secondary tongue have similar means to roam-ant-icism, but I not really understand. Nothing in either tongues like roam-ant-icism of you tongue. It only make I head hurt. Like might talk to rock about society, it no comprehend."

I don't consider myself as "tough", however I am a pretty good fighter and I'm pretty fearless.

Sounds like Quest #8 - The Sacred Sands is one for me to sign up for, it sounds an awful lot of fun.

With that Nyx flourishes her short signature and signs up for the quest before turning to gaze around the hall.

Quest #8 Sign-ups

Thormanil Nihai (played by swils)

Lord Boomingham (Played by Zepher)

Nyx (played by Pandora)

Master Docken (played by BrickDoctor)

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

:hmph: My name is Master Docken, and if you like informality, you may call me Bartholomew. :angry:

What are you talking about??? :tongue:

Having heard there was a new quest posted Namyrra decided to take a break from her meditation and sign up for Quest#8 as well, after all, a quest specifically asking for mages suited her well. And seeing as a whole day spent meditating should be more than enough, and that she was getting rather tired of her standard Fenarian acolyte robes she decided to venture out into the city to search for some new attire.

"I'm excited!" said Boomingham. "Looks like lots of good folks on these quests! And I get to hang out with some mages who look lovely!"

Atramor gets up from seat at the bar, passes a nervous-looking Norseman and a strangely heavily armored Elf for a rogue, and walks up to the Quest board, hearing around about a new Quest.

"Hm. 'Tough knights and mages?' So hiding under armor and throwing rocks from the back row is tough, huh..."

Chuckling to himself, he scribbles his name under Quest 8.

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

~More changes to the sign-ups! Quests#4 and #7 will close on Monday, the 19th, while Quest#6 will close on Wednesday the 21st.~