Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"So, in other fields of interest, what is going on which each of you?"

"Absolutely nothing interesting, at all," Althior pulled a vial out of his satchel, popped the cork, and downed it. A sour expression overwhelmed his face as he placed the vial back in his bag. He stands making his way over to a table with another familiar face. "Arthur Regulus, is that you? It's been quite a while," He continues to sit down as his brow wrinkles. "Changed your class yet again I see. Can't keep anything constant in your life, can you?"

Nerwen returns Arthur's spider leg spear which had been left in her bag after the previous quest, then headed to the market before meeting the others for her new quest.

Nur signs up for quest 90. heheh.

He stands making his way over to a table with another familiar face. "Arthur Regulus, is that you? It's been quite a while," He continues to sit down as his brow wrinkles. "Changed your class yet again I see. Can't keep anything constant in your life, can you?"

The mage makes his way to the same table. "I remember you. I saw you enter the Hall many months ago. You were more flamboyant then. Had that fancy hat. Even though I saw you walk by for a moment, that hat made me consider donning one." Nur pointed to his conical hat then turned towards Arthur. "Here boy, I believe this 70 gold is owed to you. An old beggar found the loan quite helpful thank you ."

IC: De'kra followed Arthur into the hall, spotting Nerwen as he walked in. He lingered his gaze after her, but she was already in a hurry. He sighed, he really needed her wisdom now. "Arthur," he asked, "I...did you read the message I sent yo?. It's-it probably should have been worded better. But, do you have any questions about it? I...I hope that maybe if I last long enough, if I can impress the Je Pei, maybe they can help. But...I probably don't have the time."

Jess read Haldor's note, sighed, then perked up when she saw that she had been selected for a quest herself.

Hopefully I'll see Haldor again soon, Jess thought to herself as she sat back down for another drink.

"Sure, it's not doing me any good sitting in my bag."

Jess accepts Arthur's author of 170 gold for the Sword of the Vampir.

"Thank you much, Miss Islanti. Good luck in Baltarok--and if you run into Haldor and Dyric, you can tell him I wish them luck as well."

"Absolutely nothing interesting, at all," Althior pulled a vial out of his satchel, popped the cork, and downed it. A sour exp<b></b>ression overwhelmed his face as he placed the vial back in his bag. He stands making his way over to a table with another familiar face. "Arthur Regulus, is that you? It's been quite a while," He continues to sit down as his brow wrinkles. "Changed your class yet again I see. Can't keep anything constant in your life, can you?"

"Nope," he states bluntly. "Couldn't even keep the job with the Watch ungrateful bastards. Much as I hate to admit it, you were right, about a lot of things."

Nur signs up for quest 90. heheh.

The mage makes his way to the same table. "I remember you. I saw you enter the Hall many months ago. You were more flamboyant then. Had that fancy hat. Even though I saw you walk by for a moment, that hat made me consider donning one." Nur pointed to his conical hat then turned towards Arthur. "Here boy, I believe this 70 gold is owed to you. An old beggar found the loan quite helpful thank you ."

"Indeed, he was. I took after him a lot, my first Quest. Of course, I was a very different person back then. It's up in the air whether or not the new model's an improvement." He pulls his own worn hat from his head, slaps it against his hand a few times, and tries to straighten it before putting it back on. If anything, the effort makes the ratty scrap of fabric look even more disheveled. "Gonna have to replace this soon. Maybe I'll just sew it into a hood instead. Would do wonders for my anonymity, anyway. Anyway, thank you for the gold. I appreciate it."

Seeing De'kra approaching again, Arthur called out. "Over here, De'kra." He gestures to the 'echo'. "De'kra the Sorcerer. You might remember him, Althior, he was my pen pal at Bric'bay, helped us out a whole bunch. He's lookin' to help out the Ji Pei, and I know the two of you are hoping to be chosen to go to Baltarok, but if that falls through what say the three of us try to make a run of it in the Fields? An all-mage team...would certainly be interesting, that's for sure."

IC: De'kra followed Arthur into the hall, spotting Nerwen as he walked in. He lingered his gaze after her, but she was already in a hurry. He sighed, he really needed her wisdom now. "Arthur," he asked, "I...did you read the message I sent yo?. It's-it probably should have been worded better. But, do you have any questions about it? I...I hope that maybe if I last long enough, if I can impress the Je Pei, maybe they can help. But...I probably don't have the time."

"Actually, now you mention it, I haven't--I'd just noticed you sent it when I saw you in person. Why, is something wrong?" Arthur begins rummaging through his bag, looking for the still-flashing journal amidst all the clutter.

Edited by Flipz

IC: De'kra looked away, "I...I'm dying. No, not it. I'm already dead. I was dead long before I joined Heroica, before I came to Olegaia. I'm just...fading now. Its like, concept of afterlife exists here right? This...this was kind of mine. Well no I-I tried to escape. That Void I fear, that is where I was supposed to be. Where I was supposed to be while I faded, until I was nothing, not even a memory. I tried to escape the Void, find a way to save me, save everyone. I ended up in Olegaia. But I forgot, and I failed. All I got was little bit of time free, even now I am fading into nothing. I...I just wanted someone to know my story before I am nothing."

"I am stalling it," De'kra stated, "Kapura, the sword I named for the Ta-Matoran, I'm using it to keep fading at bay. I might be able to go on one more quest, I would like to go with you. But please, write down what you can of my tale, and try to get it published. It can be fiction, legend, whatever will accepted. Just let the story be remembered, so that others may one day add to it."

He muttered, "Arthur do...do you want to know what I am?"

"Excuse me gentleman, but it looks like duty calls once again," Hoke says to Boomingham and Thothwick as he exits the Hall.

Mizuki, wearing the death mask wanders over to De'kra. "Hello De'kra, how are you. I haven't seen you since the job is Dastan."

"I remember you. I saw you enter the Hall many months ago. You were more flamboyant then. Had that fancy hat. Even though I saw you walk by for a moment, that hat made me consider donning one." Nur pointed to his conical hat.

"Ah, yes. I'd forgotten about that old thing. Sadly, I lost the old thing down in the sewers a while back. I should get another one. That one is pretty nice itself. I seem to be the only one here without a floppy hat here. Quite a shame, floppy hat's are cool..." Althior finds himself rambling and quickly checks his pocket watch to fill the lull in conversation.

"Nope," he states bluntly. "Couldn't even keep the job with the Watch ungrateful bastards. Much as I hate to admit it, you were right, about a lot of things."

Althior had forgotten the last time he'd spoken with Arthur. Obviously, it had been a while. "I was right about some of those things, yes, but most of it, I was completely misguided. Events occurred that had left me in a blinded rage, and I had taken that out on everyone. I was weak then. I don't plan on making those mistakes again." He leans back on the chair, scratching the back of his head, before leaning back in and trying to lighten the situation. "But honestly, of all things to go to, the watch? Those pompous little brats..." He chuckled. Even worse than Alexis, he thought. "But what have you been up to lately, ol' chum? It's been a while,"

A scarecrow waltzed into the hall and studied the quest board. After a minute or two he removed a quill and ink and began scratching out heroes names from under Quest 90.

11163459436_fd2a95dfa7_t.jpg

Chosen Heroes for Quest 90:

Cinna the Dark, Level 25.33 Mystic Knight *Party Leader*

Dreyrugr, Level 19.5 Black Knight

Nagure, Level 21.33 Berserker

Purpearl Berthadhiell, Level 3 Mage

Matthias, Level 1 Ranger

Baradock, level 4 Barbarian

The scarecrow called out the heroes' names and once he had them assembled led them through the door, past the market place, and in the direction of the harbor.

Johon listens for the picked heroes' names. As the list went on without Althior, Romulus, or him being picked, Johon scowls and looks at the ground. He slashes his name across the sign-ups for quest 91, hoping that he would at least be able to get on that quest. He then walks towards the door and is about to leave when he has an idea. He turns around and addresses Romulus.

"Would you wish to practice in fighting? It will get our minds off of this."

Current Sign Ups for 91:

Eric Tryvar, level 19 Shaman (Myrrdyn)

Althior Emorith, Level 36 Necromancer (K-Nut)

Drake Flamerobe, Level 11.5 Knight (xxlrocka)

De'kra, Level 21 Sorcerer (Tanma)

Ellaria Arbour, Level 25.5 Druid (Sandy)

Johon, Level 26 Raider (Bricksandparts)

"Quite a blade you've got there. I haven't been in Eubric enough to pay much attention to the plots and intrigue here. Seems the Wolfgang is the biggest threat to me, anyway, but last time I caught onto a threat the heroes I was with let the threat walk away. So, now I just save other villages." Boomingham chuckles. "Does your friend remind you of me because I too am rich and powerful?"

"The Wolfgang, heh, they are just the same as any other. No need to worry about them. I do not know about rich and powerful, heheh, but with gray hair and... wise." Hybros looked as the last of the Baltorak quest-goers were called out, his name absent from the list of names called. "Well, it looks like our meeting is not cut short this time, hehe."

Karie closes her book as she looks at the entourage of people leaving for Baltarok. It seemed so far away. She couldn't run off now, with her date looming over head. She moves up to the bar, looking about for someone to talk to.

Chosen heroes for Quest #89: Reclaiming Glory

...not Matthias...

Selected Heroes For Quest #88: Fathers and Sons

...not Matthias...

As each interesting figure enters the hall and calls names into the massed group of heroes, Matthias sits glumly in his chair, his unkempt hair barely visible above the table. How will he ever be selected over so many proven heroes?

Matthias, Level 1 Ranger

The gnome, intent on self-pity and a mug of ale much too big for him, almost didn't hear his name called. "Me?!"

Matthias almost forgets his crossbow in his haste to fall in line, but trips over it as he hops down from the chair. Picking himself up from the floor and lifting the crossbow gingerly in his arms, he falls into line, looking up into the faces of the taller heroes around him, and follows the mysterious scarecrow out of the hall.

Edited by nstickney

"Aggh damn it.....Didn't get into any of them. Not surprised though, guess I'd better wait several months for the next quest. No way am I helping the Ji Pei."

Edited by Zakura

A scarecrow waltzed into the hall and studied the quest board. After a minute or two he removed a quill and ink and began scratching out heroes names from under Quest 90.

11163459436_fd2a95dfa7_t.jpg

Cinna the Dark, Level 25.33 Mystic Knight *Party Leader*

Dreyrugr, Level 19.5 Black Knight

Nagure, Level 21.33 Berserker

Purpearl Berthadhiell, Level 3 Mage

Matthias, Level 1 Ranger

Baradock, level 4 Barbarian

The scarecrow called out the heroes' names and once he had them assembled led them through the door, past the market place, and in the direction of the harbor.

Purpearl stood up, readied herself by beating the dust off her dress with her hand, double checked her belongings and walked briskly towards the scarecrow.

On her way, she saw Karie at the bar and gestured at her.

Purpearl did not say much, only smiling at her and bowing in gratitude.

Stepping out of the Hall, Purpearl stuck close to the scarecrow, and was careful not to get lost along the way.

IC: De'kra looked away, "I...I'm dying. No, not it. I'm already dead. I was dead long before I joined Heroica, before I came to Olegaia. I'm just...fading now. Its like, concept of afterlife exists here right? This...this was kind of mine. Well no I-I tried to escape. That Void I fear, that is where I was supposed to be. Where I was supposed to be while I faded, until I was nothing, not even a memory. I tried to escape the Void, find a way to save me, save everyone. I ended up in Olegaia. But I forgot, and I failed. All I got was little bit of time free, even now I am fading into nothing. I...I just wanted someone to know my story before I am nothing."

"I am stalling it," De'kra stated, "Kapura, the sword I named for the Ta-Matoran, I'm using it to keep fading at bay. I might be able to go on one more quest, I would like to go with you. But please, write down what you can of my tale, and try to get it published. It can be fiction, legend, whatever will accepted. Just let the story be remembered, so that others may one day add to it."

He muttered, "Arthur do...do you want to know what I am?"

"The Void? No wonder we were drawn to each other...De'kra, the Void is the realm of Zoot. Of Chaos. It is likely no accident you were drawn to Heroica, either, what with his temple straight below."

"I will remember, De'kra. I will always want to know--that's how I got into trouble with him to begin with. But you must also go--go to Byblos. With me, those memories will last for time beyond time, but only as the crazed ramblings of a lunatic. From him, your words, your stories will live--truly live--in the hearts of all who hear it. Find him--tell him--and let your stories be heard, to be kept as part of the Library for all time."

"Ah, yes. I'd forgotten about that old thing. Sadly, I lost the old thing down in the sewers a while back. I should get another one. That one is pretty nice itself. I seem to be the only one here without a floppy hat here. Quite a shame, floppy hat's are cool..." Althior finds himself rambling and quickly checks his pocket watch to fill the lull in conversation.

Althior had forgotten the last time he'd spoken with Arthur. Obviously, it had been a while. "I was right about some of those things, yes, but most of it, I was completely misguided. Events occurred that had left me in a blinded rage, and I had taken that out on everyone. I was weak then. I don't plan on making those mistakes again." He leans back on the chair, scratching the back of his head, before leaning back in and trying to lighten the situation. "But honestly, of all things to go to, the watch? Those pompous little brats..." He chuckled. Even worse than Alexis, he thought. "But what have you been up to lately, ol' chum? It's been a while."

"You should try a fez. My dad favored one for a bit--Mom wouldn't stand for it, though. Would you believe she shot it off his head? Twice, even, when he got himself a new one! Never did figure out why..."

"Not a whole lot HAS happened. Well, I guess SOME, things, but...I helped the Watch slay the three Wolfgang generals Steerpike, Donny Dozenhands, and Violetta--was definitely a mistake, that last one--then spent my next Quest convincing another group of wannabe criminal do-gooders see the light, working alongside the sister of the woman I'd just helped to murder. That's her over there, actually." Arthur nods over in Karie's direction. "After that, I helped the Brobric sort out their mess in R'klif, bringing the city to order and fighting off two armies who wanted to conquer it. In thanks, I get caught up in a time bubble by the protective Heroica magicks and end up arriving back in town so late I find myself discharged from the Watch for 'dereliction of duty'. Funny thing is, my superior officer directly ordered me to go out on a Quest, and not one related to the Watch. Didn't stop her signing off on my dismissal, though." He snorts. "I don't know what this universe wants with me, honestly. I break the rules, I do things my own way, and I end up becoming a traitor and a villain--mostly from my own stupidity, but still, I wasn't particularly well-liked before that bit in the temple. Then I try and play by the rules, and the system chews me up, spits me out and says I wasn't good enough. Is it my fault the Veterans are stringing together spells from schools that aren't meant to be mixed?" Arthur sighs. "Whatever. I'm not leaving this Hall until I see a job that lets me do the job my way, work towards my ends--mine and nobody else's. I refuse to work to somebody else's standard, not now, not ever again."

"Aggh damn it.....Didn't get into any of them. Not surprised though, guess I'd better wait several months for the next quest. No way am I helping the Ji Pei."

"I heard mutterings on the Highway that something big's going down at the Cathedral of Commerce. I wouldn't be surprised if they call in Heroica for help, especially considering their current High Priest used to be one of us."

After a day of rest, Alexander returns to the Hall to see the choosen heroes for the quest he signed up for. "Damn, neither one." says the elven archer, then he heard another heroes asking if anyone want a trip to the field of glory. Alexander thinks about for a moment and then goes to the hero "I'm Alexander Vandangant, I'm interested in a trip through the fields of glory."

Edited by Wedge09

Karie notices Johon motioning her over. She makes her way through the bar, leaning on Johon's table.

"Eh, not much. I'm only hear for about an hour. I got a date tonight."

"You should try a fez. My dad favored one for a bit--Mom wouldn't stand for it, though. Would you believe she shot it off his head? Twice, even, when he got himself a new one! Never did figure out why..."

"He was probably one of those guys who was just completely unable to walk past a fez. Can't blame him for that, though,"

"I don't know what this universe wants with me, honestly. I break the rules, I do things my own way, and I end up becoming a traitor and a villain--mostly from my own stupidity, but still, I wasn't particularly well-liked before that bit in the temple. Then I try and play by the rules, and the system chews me up, spits me out and says I wasn't good enough. Is it my fault the Veterans are stringing together spells from schools that aren't meant to be mixed?" Arthur sighs. "Whatever. I'm not leaving this Hall until I see a job that lets me do the job my way, work towards my ends--mine and nobody else's. I refuse to work to somebody else's standard, not now, not ever again."

"Wait, wait, what is this about the Veterans?" Althior crosses his arms and leans in onto the table, concerned. "Anyways, good for having your own standards. Too many people in this hall are just complete and utter sell outs. Have some dignity in your work. I wish I could myself, but right now all my focus is on getting out of this hall. There was, something odd going about on my last quest, and I can't attempt to solve it from being cooped up in here." He sits back, twiddling his thumbs, feeling uneasy about everything that was going on outside of Eubric. The beauty, the horror, he'd seen it all. He felt the need to get back out there.