William Harkenshire
, Level 11.5 Ranger (VolcanicPanik)

Arasmyth RuGard
, Level 10.5 Mage (Kadabra)

Amorith Marvelo
, Level 12 Mage (legobodgers)

Skrall
, Level 15 Hunter (Waterbrick Down)

"No, my family leads--led a province in my land, many months' sailing from here, farther than even the Aoi homelands. I am the first to leave my family's lands, and our family's profession, though I hope to reclaim the latter in service of Heroica one day." Even if I do reclaim the lost spells, I fear my home is forever lost to me, he thought to himself. "When I...left...my village, I remembered tales of Heroica brought to our land years ago by a witch named Elphaba--yes, the very same Elphaba who visits our Marketplace. I remembered the stories, even though we had not met in person, and sought my way here over the course of a couple of years. But enough about me, I've barely completed my first Quest. A friend of the legendary Cronk--" he inclined his head respectfully to the Orcish Paladin "--must surely have completed many heroic deeds. I have yet to finish reading the chronicles of Heroica, so please, tell me of the mighty deeds you have accomplished!"

Skrall was impressed, at the respect in the mage's voice, "Certainly not like one of those racist snobbish mages on the caravan trails." He pulled out his ram horn pipe lighting it while he leaned up against one of the hall's supports which creaked under his weight.

"Cronk and I just me actually young lad, though I'm sure he's got quite a few interestin' stories of his own. Let's see, well about 6 months back, myself, Haldor that shirtless norseman over there, and the dark earth mage En Sabeh Nur were hired by the Town Watch to track down Donny Dozenhands, the notorious wolf gang pick pocket. We caught up with old Donny down in the sewers beneath Eubric, not the most friendly part of Eubric believe ya me. Well, Dozenhands ended up gettin' away and we got our tails chewed up by the Town Watch, who stink just as much as those sewers if ya ask me. After that, I led a party in clearin' out some of the Hinckwell's private woods, nothin' to out of the ordinary. More recently I just got back from Ennon where me and my party were helpin' a local group of rebels. Turns out we had had the wool pulled over our eyes by a soddin' witch Wren and had been helpin' the wrong side the entire time. We saw through the charade soon enough, but by the time we had straightened everythin' up, Wren was gone. I came back and took some huntin' trainin' but so far I ain't been able to find hide nor hair of that witch. I was about to set out again today, except fer some unexpected visitors."

Skrall took a few puffs on his pipe before ordering a tankard of ale and continuing. "So yer new to the Eubric area, what do ya think of it? I take it ya just returned from a quest?"

That is certainly interesting background, friend Skrall. Cronk knows not every hero knows about heroic destiny and can sometimes fall into work not suited to hero. Skrall seem to be on right path now and that make Cronk glad.

And yes, Cronk follow Righteous Light of Ennoc. But not like some supposed followers, Cronk actually care about true justice. The justice that bashes evil wherever it is found but also protects innocents from prejudice and hatred.

Cronk wanted be Hero ever since Cronk was young Orc. Cronk read many books about Heroes. When Cronk old enough to lift sword, Cronk begin training to bash evil and be hero like in books Cronk read. Unfortunately corruption grew in Goblonia, Cronk's homeland. Cronk bash evil wizard whose brother was King. King banish Cronk. Cronk wandered for long time but now Cronk knows that Ennoc was gently guiding Cronk here to help all beings. Cronk is happy to have purpose.

Cronk think maybe Ennoc guide Skrall to Cronk without Skrall knowing. This Croosbow is very heavy. Cronk not think many heroes here able to carry it very easily. But new friend Skrall look like weight would not bother Skrall. Cronk cannot use Crossbow, would Skrall like to buy it?

Skrall couldn't help but smile, "Well Cronk, yer cause sounds indeed very noble. I know many an orc that would have said that justice whether for or by our people was a joke, includin' members of my own family. I don't know where I'm headin' yet, I only know I've got mouths to feed back home, and equipment to keep in workin' order here. If that includes doin' a good deed here or there so be it, but I'll leave the real heroing work to noble chaps like yerself."

Skrall glanced at the Heavy Crossbow that Cronk had offered. "I've been thinkin' to myself ever since I've gotten my current weapon that I should be lookin' for something sturdier. Anwyl upgraded mine to make sure I didn't break it, but the cross bars squeal every time I load it and it's more of a pea shooter than anything, though it does come in handy against beasts and the like." Skrall examined the Heavy Crossbow, "I can offer ya 100 gold, but it would have to wait till my next employment as my purse is runnin' a little tight as of late."

William, being so bored, moves over to Arthur and talks, "Arthur! How is your mind after our quest? How have you been using that gold?"

Skrall was impressed, at the respect in the mage's voice, "Certainly not like one of those racist snobbish mages on the caravan trails." He pulled out his ram horn pipe lighting it while he leaned up against one of the hall's supports which creaked under his weight.

"Cronk and I just me actually young lad, though I'm sure he's got quite a few interestin' stories of his own. Let's see, well about 6 months back, myself, Haldor that shirtless norseman over there, and the dark earth mage En Sabeh Nur were hired by the Town Watch to track down Donny Dozenhands, the notorious wolf gang pick pocket. We caught up with old Donny down in the sewers beneath Eubric, not the most friendly part of Eubric believe ya me. Well, Dozenhands ended up gettin' away and we got our tails chewed up by the Town Watch, who stink just as much as those sewers if ya ask me. After that, I led a party in clearin' out some of the Hinckwell's private woods, nothin' to out of the ordinary. More recently I just got back from Ennon where me and my party were helpin' a local group of rebels. Turns out we had had the wool pulled over our eyes by a soddin' witch Wren and had been helpin' the wrong side the entire time. We saw through the charade soon enough, but by the time we had straightened everythin' up, Wren was gone. I came back and took some huntin' trainin' but so far I ain't been able to find hide nor hair of that witch. I was about to set out again today, except fer some unexpected visitors."

Skrall took a few puffs on his pipe before ordering a tankard of ale and continuing. "So yer new to the Eubric area, what do ya think of it? I take it ya just returned from a quest?"

At this, Arthur's face fell somewhat. "This is a land with little honor. The Houses are all corrupt, the Town Watch is corrupt, even the Lady Wren herself was once a Hero of Heroica. The Lion Knights are the most honorable of all those I have met in these lands, but even they have their loose cannons, as evidenced by the Quest they have offered. Indeed, I forsee our own Heroes forced to battle one another, as the Lion Knight vigilantes cause trouble for the Empire of Dastan, which in turn seeks the Lion Knights' complete and utter destruction. Hero versus Hero...friend versus friend...there is much Chaos in this land, more than even my own. I have learned much in my time here, though, and the most valuable lesson I learned from De'kra the Shade over there, a wise and thoughtful friend, giver of sage advice. Goodness comes not just from mighty deeds or great battles. The world itself holds its own fate, beyond any of ours. Many wish, or even believe it could be otherwise, but it is not for us to decide. All we can do is to decide what to do with the time that is given us. Even in the face of greatest darkness, the people we meet, the friendships we hold, this is the true good of this world, a force neither light nor dark, but purely good. It is that we must seek to nurture, and that which will make us thrive. Only through the bonds we share may we reach our true potential."

Arthur then turns to William. "Harkenshire! I see you have fashioned yourself a new lightsaber weapon. I hope it serves you as well, though I hope you do hold on to your old bow. It is most unique, and well-suited for many tasks. Oh, do remember to speak to Schezerade, I left a package with her for you containing 5 gold. You know. For the...incident."

Arthur once again scans the Hall for Cinna the Dark, he hoped he could meet De'kra's friend soon.

Edited by Flipz

"Of course I keep this crossbow, it is so fast and shoots flaming arrows. FLAMING arrows!! And this Hand Cannon is very nice, dual elemental and can affect over 5 enemy types. And thanks for the gold."

Haldor realised that he had more time than he thought, and decided to reaquaint with Althior, who now seemed to be wearing Poundland's finest. Haldor walked over beat him into the ground.

"Hail, Althior. How have you been keeping? I trust that you gave those Elves what was coming to them. I am soon to be leaving to witness the birth of some new technology, but it is all magic to me anyway, up in the North we never had any of that. Why the new guise friend? I now have the powers of a Shaman, I can heal with the blood of my foes. Thoric has decided to sponser me in my quests. He came to me in vision, I have to be strong for Jess, Thoric and for myself. How is everything with your Elven lady friend? Life is harsh, you.ve been kept apart lately. But when I spoke to her a while ago she seemed to miss you. Jess is fair and delicate as a rose as always, but she did try to kill De'kra.

As Haldor waited for a reply, he noticed a strange man dressed likea fictional revolutionary in a fictional place called Cuba, how quaint.

About to leave the hall, Galen couldn't fail but notice the flurry of activity around the notice board. Representatives from the Dastan Empire had posted two more quests, and the list of heroes signing up was getting longer by the minute. Though the first quest seemed perfect for a Rogue like him, nothing in the wording of the notices kept him from signing up for the other two. A reward is a reward, and he was a man of many talents.

Galen signs up for Quest #30: Ambassadors of Dastan and Quest #31: Lions and Lambs.

"Oh, what an adventure that was! I have had enough of elves for a while I guess." Isabella giggled.

"But still, I'm eager to go for more at the moment, let's see what is up on the quest list."

Isabella signs up for Quest #31: Lions and Lambs Quest, #30: Ambassadors of Dastan Quest and #29: Journey To Dastan

"I'm not worried. It sounds like the action of a few vigilantes causing trouble, I have full confidence in the Lion Knights. No, it's something else...something...elusive." Arthur pauses, wondering if he should even say anything. But, he had told his friend the Journal that he would talk about it, so he had to try. "De'kra," he began hesitantly, oddly aware of the intense gaze of McCafferey at his back. Snap out of it, man, it's just a chicken... "In the battle, there was...a figure. He...Brother, are there others like you? Here, on this world? I mistook him for you, at first, but he was ghostlike. Immaterial. Eight eyes, only one arm, a strange brown hat, like the Hero in that portrait wears," he said, pointing to Daxus' portrait. "But most distinctive...a long, rusted chain..." Arthur drifts off, as he remembers the resigned horror on Lord Leorry's countenance as the chain passed through him, the life draining from his body in a way thad the others had not. "His death...the Elf leader's, I mean, it was...this creature wanted him, it sought him out, and it used me to strike the finishing blow so it could have its way with him. And somehow I surprised it. It saw me notice it, I felt its surprise, deep inside me. It somehow...respects me for that. It was a creature of pure darkness...and a part of me liked it. It sensed a kinship, somehow, or something like that. Am I crazy, De'kra? Are there legends of this being in your memories? Or, and I hesitate to ask...do you know it personally?"

IC: De'kra clutched his head as a wave of memories crashed upon. As he began to lose consciousness his voice changed and echoed about the hall. As he started to collapse De'kra clicked, "I only one of I kind, but there others of I kind. Void knows truth, void hold all save they that escape. Lost, all lost save I. I too strong, strong enough to remember, strong enough to live. Too many care for I to give in. Grandfather knows you Arthur Justus Regulus VII, you his k..."

At this point De'kra fell to the ground, his visible "skin" covered in glowing dots, though none as bright as the two on his face.

OOC: By Mata-Nui the 1960's Batman show was brilliantly horrible, I just saw the best underwater fight ever.

Mizuki enters the hall and finds it full of people looking at a wooden board covered in papers, Mizuki looks at the board and sees that people are requesting help from heroes. Mizuki decides to sign up for Quest #29: Journey To Dastan,Quest #30: Ambassadors of Dastan and Quest #31: Lions and Lambs before sitting at the bar and ordering a beer mixed with sugar and mint.

Mizuki enters the hall and finds it full of people looking at a wooden board covered in papers, Mizuki looks at the board and sees that people are requesting help from heroes. Mizuki decides to sign up for Quest #29: Journey To Dastan,Quest #30: Ambassadors of Dastan and Quest #31: Lions and Lambs before sitting at the bar and ordering a beer mixed with sugar and mint.

nya.jpg

Mizuki Kimura, Level 1 Rogue

21 year old Female Human

Power: 4 Health: 7/7 Gold: 10

Inventory: Potion, Black Katana(WP: 3),Venom

Drake stared at a magical hero who had undoubtedly come back from a long quest. He walked over to the hero.

"I've never seen you around the hall. What is your name? Why do you think I've never seen you around the hall?" Drake asked with interest.

Drake stared at a magical hero who had undoubtedly come back from a long quest. He walked over to the hero.

"I've never seen you around the hall. What is your name? Why do you think I've never seen you around the hall?" Drake asked with interest.

"Are you talking to me?" Mizuki asks, as she drinks from her glass while making sure this man doesn't spike her drink.

Skrall couldn't help but smile, "Well Cronk, yer cause sounds indeed very noble. I know many an orc that would have said that justice whether for or by our people was a joke, includin' members of my own family. I don't know where I'm headin' yet, I only know I've got mouths to feed back home, and equipment to keep in workin' order here. If that includes doin' a good deed here or there so be it, but I'll leave the real heroing work to noble chaps like yerself."

Skrall glanced at the Heavy Crossbow that Cronk had offered. "I've been thinkin' to myself ever since I've gotten my current weapon that I should be lookin' for something sturdier. Anwyl upgraded mine to make sure I didn't break it, but the cross bars squeal every time I load it and it's more of a pea shooter than anything, though it does come in handy against beasts and the like." Skrall examined the Heavy Crossbow, "I can offer ya 100 gold, but it would have to wait till my next employment as my purse is runnin' a little tight as of late."

Cronk think that there may be something in friend Skrall that surprise even Skrall's self. Not every being knows plan for self. Cronk certainly didn't know what Ennoc had in store for Cronk. Cronk not even know about Ennoc.

Cronk in no hurry for gold. Skrall can pay Cronk when Skrall has the gold. Meanwhile Cronk cannot use crossbow, so Skrall can go ahead and take it for now. Cronk think Cronk can tell that Skrall can be trusted and hope that crossbow serves Skrall well on Skrall's next quest.

After a long night of sleep, the best he's had in a long while, Althior sees Haldor was still there.

"Hail, Althior. How have you been keeping? I trust that you gave those Elves what was coming to them. I am soon to be leaving to witness the birth of some new technology, but it is all magic to me anyway, up in the North we never had any of that. Why the new guise friend? I now have the powers of a Shaman, I can heal with the blood of my foes. Thoric has decided to sponser me in my quests. He came to me in vision, I have to be strong for Jess, Thoric and for myself. How is everything with your Elven lady friend? Life is harsh, you.ve been kept apart lately. But when I spoke to her a while ago she seemed to miss you. Jess is fair and delicate as a rose as always, but she did try to kill De'kra.

"Haldor! I've been doing fine, finally beat those elves after what seemed like 90 pages many months. Alexis and I signed up for the same quest, thank god we're not being separated so soon. I also have picked up the power of healing as well. The powers of a Sage are nice. Healing and Magic are not to be messed with. Alexis is fine, she's picked up a few more animal companions since I last saw her. I thought I heard something bad happened to Jess, but it's good to hear that she's fine. Now tell me, what was this quest you went on dealing with, what was her name? Wren I believe?"

Atramor nods sharply to the young rogue, flipping the Shiv in his hand before handing it over to Dak across his table.

"Don't throw it away 'til things get messy," he suggests, holding a hand out for the gold.

"'Kay," says Dak, handing over the gold and taking the Shiv. "Thanks." Dak then walks over to the Questboard and signs up for Quest #31 as well.

Edited by Darth Nihilus

Alexis heads into the hall and over to Althior.

"Althior, I think it's time we decided which quest to sign up for. They seem to be filling up fast! I'm game to try for Quest #30."

Alexis heads into the hall and over to Althior.

"Althior, I think it's time we decided which quest to sign up for. They seem to be filling up fast! I'm game to try for Quest #30."

Althior turns to Alexis. "Thanks for the great 'hello' this morning," Althior chuckles, though Alexis doesn't seem amused, "Nothing? Alright then. I'm not keen on Quest #30, I will not go up against my lion friends that I helped. I may be somewhat of a mercenary for hire here, but I'm keeping my allies close. I won't betray anyone. We could try our luck with Quest #31 or #29, but not #30. Your choice,"

Althior turns to Alexis. "Thanks for the great 'hello' this morning," Althior chuckles, though Alexis doesn't seem amused, "Nothing? Alright then. I'm not keen on Quest #30, I will not go up against my lion friends that I helped. I may be somewhat of a mercenary for hire here, but I'm keeping my allies close. I won't betray anyone. We could try our luck with Quest #31 or #29, but not #30. Your choice,"

She looks at Althior with a weird look on her face and then smiles. "Oops, my bad. I meant Quest #31. I tend to get those confused some times." Alexis giggles. "Quest #31 then?"

She looks at Althior with a weird look on her face and then smiles. "Oops, my bad. I meant Quest #31. I tend to get those confused some times." Alexis giggles. "Quest #31 then?"

"Sure, but for some reason the won't want clerics. But it's worth a shot," Althior walks downstairs and signs his name under Quest #31.

"Sure, but for some reason the won't want clerics. But it's worth a shot," Althior walks downstairs and signs his name under Quest #31.

"I'd say you're only half cleric. But that's me." Alexis follows him and signs up for Quest #31.

Althior walks down to the quest board and posts a slip of paper:

staffelvenwarlock.jpgStaff of the Elven Warlock (WP: 5; Wood Elemental; suitable for Mages and Clerics) - This staff, hand-carved from wood horrifically cut from a still-living ent, is adorned with a flawless Emerald.: Selling for 50 gold

Atramor sighs as he looks up at the questboard. A great discount, yeah, but the thing belonged to Althior...nevertheless, the Witch strode right up to the Sage, tossing a small pouch of 50 coins right into his chest.

"Lemme see that staff..."