Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"<Mistress,>" Miirym helpfully supplies. "<And speaking of heritage...I don't suppose either of you would know anything about a Dragon named Lethauros? From what little I can tell, he was something of a huge, powerful dork. I must wonder how that led to his demise.>"

Vindsval blinks as the low smokey voice echoes inside his head. Another wonder of the Hall revealed to him. He turns to address the dragoness directly.

I can tell you that he died well my lady. He charged myself and my companions to glorious combat so that it would be by the Power of Might that his and our fates be decided. Though it needed to be done, his ravaging could not be allowed to continue, but Lethauros was a great force of nature, a Storm with a mind and soul. A great being passed from this world the day I helped to set him upon his next Path.

Well met Skrall. I would not be too envious. I heard the name most often when accompanied by demands to Leave, or begone, or abomination. And well met to you as well Master Regulus and Master? Mistess? Miirym. He nods to the man and the dragon, unsure how to address the latter, and he is suddenly glad he is no longer wearing his Lethauros Mail. As for myself, I am from nowhere and everywhere. My father was a Ogre and Druid of the Tarok Tribe. He travelled to the far North where he met my mother, a giantess of the ice tribes Their union was not condoned by either side of my "Family," thus I was forced to travel. Constantly harried from place to place, never able to rest. It was in these travels I was visited by the one I call the Wanderer. He set me upon the Path to this Hall where I enlisted int eh service of the people. I like to believe I have made a difference since I arrived here.

"Ah a traveler, can't say I blame you. Our kind is given to restlessness, a seekin' out for meanin'. We are often not content to merely exist but to understand the world around us, 'tis one of the reasons I left the southern kingdoms to begin with before I made my way here." The ogre sips from his tankard. "Tarok tribe, can't say I'm familiar with that one. Related to the deity himself?"

"<Hmm.>" Though her gaze is impassive, those who know her best can sense her dissatisfaction with such a succinct answer. "<Is that all there was to him? A vengeful tyrant with thought only for bloodshed? It seems...disappointingly simple.>" Miirym pauses, brooding, while Vindsval speaks.

Arthur nods quietly. "Vindsval," he acknowledges. "And actually, Skrall, it's Arthur Ziegfried, now. I, uh, learned some things about my heritage last year."

"<Mistress,>" Miirym helpfully supplies. "<And speaking of heritage...I don't suppose either of you would know anything about a Dragon named Lethauros? From what little I can tell, he was something of a huge, powerful dork. I must wonder how that led to his demise.>"

"I believe Lehauros was a siblin' of Vorpalis, unfortunately I can't say much about him. As for Vorpalis, he had indeed been wronged by the King of Moone, but his tyranny approached madness and his lust for vengeance spilled over as I said to innocents. In the end he could not be reasoned with and the mob at hand was in no state to settle things peaceably, not to mention the dragon dabbled in some forms of mind control and bein' wrenched out of one's own consciousness and simply bein' an observer can be quite disconcertin' and some may say one of the deepest wrongs one can inflict upon another. I do not mean to minimize such an elder beasts reasonin's and ideologies to a small point, but the situation at hand did not lend itself to a solution of drawn out discussion."

I'd be willing to trade it to you for some Marketplace work. If you could take the Sapphire out of my Spider Leg spear and replace it with my Ethereal Sapphire, and do the same with the Garnet in Sven's Dagger and my Ethereal Garnet, the Scroll's yours."

"I will do it in the flashiest of flashes."

En Sabah Nur stands before the questboard. He signs his name to the Fields of Glory.

Current Sign ups: Unlimited Quest: Fields of Glory

Kiray Nastayo (kingofthezempk)

Miderun (callmepie)

Na'im (enceledaus)

I think you are going to need my. No, matter how little it is.

With that The Demon Germ puts his name on the" fields" list.

I return from the Marketplace and hand Arthur his items back.

"Ah a traveler, can't say I blame you. Our kind is given to restlessness, a seekin' out for meanin'. We are often not content to merely exist but to understand the world around us, 'tis one of the reasons I left the southern kingdoms to begin with before I made my way here." The ogre sips from his tankard. "Tarok tribe, can't say I'm familiar with that one. Related to the deity himself?"

I cannot say that I know the history of my father's clan. It has been long since we have spoken, I know not whether he lives. He was not one for life within the city walls of Eubric. When I reveled to him the The Wanderer wished this Path for me he and I parted ways. He may have returned to the land of his fathers, I know not. If the Wanderer wills our Paths will cross again one day. If not, then we shall meet again upon the Next Path.

The strange presence once again draws his attention to the table where MIderun haggles with Lord Boomingham. A pulse, it seems to draw him.

Miderun (callmepie)

Na'im (enceledaus)

The Demon Germ (Samuraiturtle)

En Sabah Nur (Jebediahs)

Nerwen Calmcacil (Chromeknight)

Edited by Asphalt

Miderun (callmepie)

Na'im (enceledaus)

En Sabah Nur (Jebediahs)

You missed Nerwen.

"Arthur?" Kiray says, as the voice and face finally click for her as well. "That was what, how many years ago? Wait, Boomingham was on that with us! I just reintroduced myself to him! I think I've done well here so far. How have you been? I see you've added a new companion." She waves at the dragon.

"Been through a lot since then, even retired for a bit. Somehow, I thought it would last longer than it has, but ah well." Arthur glances over to see Boomingham chatting with Miderun. "So he is here! You know, I wonder if I should ask him to finally pay me that Gold he's owed me for the past few years..."

"I will do it in the flashiest of flashes."

I return from the Marketplace and hand Arthur his items back.

"Ah, thank you much, Pretzel." Arthur hands Pretzel a Scroll of Elemental Aura.

Vindsval blinks as the low smokey voice echoes inside his head. Another wonder of the Hall revealed to him. He turns to address the dragoness directly.

I can tell you that he died well my lady. He charged myself and my companions to glorious combat so that it would be by the Power of Might that his and our fates be decided. Though it needed to be done, his ravaging could not be allowed to continue, but Lethauros was a great force of nature, a Storm with a mind and soul. A great being passed from this world the day I helped to set him upon his next Path.

"<Now, that I can comprehend. He seemed both a formidible and an honorable opponent. I am unsurprised at his stubbornness, it seems to be the way of the elder of my kin. Still, we are re-emerging into the world, and for that Vipera would be pleased. And if it grants you any satisfaction, in his next...Path, as you put it?...he remains as great as he seems to have been in life.>"

"I believe Lehauros was a siblin' of Vorpalis, unfortunately I can't say much about him. As for Vorpalis, he had indeed been wronged by the King of Moone, but his tyranny approached madness and his lust for vengeance spilled over as I said to innocents. In the end he could not be reasoned with and the mob at hand was in no state to settle things peaceably, not to mention the dragon dabbled in some forms of mind control and bein' wrenched out of one's own consciousness and simply bein' an observer can be quite disconcertin' and some may say one of the deepest wrongs one can inflict upon another. I do not mean to minimize such an elder beasts reasonin's and ideologies to a small point, but the situation at hand did not lend itself to a solution of drawn out discussion."

"<Hm.>" This time the Dragon appears satisfied, but unhappy.

"Mind control?" Arthur frowns. "I don't like that. I don't like that one bit. My most hated foes have all been those who twist others to their will. The Oculoids, the Harvester, Baba, Regret...even Wren did it, with what she did to Passion...it is a huge weight off my shoulders now that we've brought him back."

Miirym shrinks away slightly, emitting more smoky mists as she unconsciously assumes a more defensive posture. "<What says that of my own spiritual skills, I wonder?>"

Arthur gives Miirym what he thinks is a comforting smile. "Miirym. You do not twist people's will. You grant them the fortune to achieve their own will, on their own terms. There is no harm in that."

"<...Perhaps.>" 'All things, from the rocks to mortals to heat to the invisible air- all these things exert will unto the world. You simply must learn how to bend these things to your will, and luck will follow....Mortals and other living things are the easiest to start on, because they are aware of their own force. But do not underestimate anything.' Miirym replays her Draconic mentor's words within her memory, and wonders, not for the first time, how well her partner truly understood the Dragons' way.

A young man dressed in the colors of the Guild of Invision comes running into the hall, looking back and forth between a Satyr and the hulking Automaton, the young man grabs the Satyr by the shoulder and drags him out of the hall.

Atramor whips his head around just in time to catch a glimpse of the nervous, familiar looking assistant run out of the hall. He grins a bit, sipping his rum, turning to idly watch what seems like a legion of former partymates lounge around the Hall. The place was more alive now than it had been in what felt like years.

"Been through a lot since then, even retired for a bit. Somehow, I thought it would last longer than it has, but ah well." Arthur glances over to see Boomingham chatting with Miderun. "So he is here! You know, I wonder if I should ask him to finally pay me that Gold he's owed me for the past few years..."

"You retired," she asked incredulously. "It's good to see you back in the Hall at least. When did you become a Dragoon? Is it exciting? Did you pick your dragon up in Dastan? Sorry for all the quesions. Dragons fascinate me. As scary as they can be every now and then."

I think there are 7 of them, arch- demons. From what I know of her (I think it is a her, all I seen was some vines), is she some sort of "pervert". And she likes to make "zombies" too, from what I seen.

And, no I am not from the "void". If I was ever there it was a very long time ago, hell it might have even another name to what I am use to calling it.

Hybros scratched his head, unsure of what a pervert was. "She sounds like an archdemon to me. Mephisto also fought with an undead army." He shuddered. It seemed like he had his fair share of fights with undead.

"Heh, you sound like me when I was younger. Like you, people thought I was a demon. I have since learned my true history. Tell me, Germ, have you ever sought out your past? I am Hybros by the way."

Boomingham glances over to another table upon thinking he's heard his name, and sees Hybros and Atramor in conversation. "Let me know quickly. There are some chaps over there I need to go drink under the table lickity-split."

Hybros eyed Germ and Atramor before quickly recounting the conversation to Boomingham. "The usual, archdemons and power corruption. Nothing to worry about.... eheh."

"That's the thing. Byblos can use his copy of the book to really kill 'em, or so he says. Probably why he's comin' along too. But there was one more thing..." Atramor leaned back in his seat, taking one last moment before diving back into his rum. "There was a man in the desert, with a wide-brimmed hat, bein' hunted by a former ally of ours. After the quest, he used our portal to go back to Eubric ahead of us. Killed a priest. The Sand Queen told us we wouldn't find him again until the incident in Goetia."

"Nobody could've survived in that sand-ridden hell for long unless they really knew what they were doin'. He was up to somethin' in Azzurat. And mark my words, he has something to do with this mess in Goetia. Worst case scenario? He's got his own book."

"Hm... I am sure we will find this man where we are headed then. The Oracle is rarely wrong. But I wonder... if she ever saw this far ahead. No matter how many demons we kill there always seem to be more."

Hybros ordered another tea and began sipping it. "I will have had my fair share of traveling, I think, heheh. When I first arrived in Eubric I thought I had seen it all, roaming the High and Low Kingdoms since I was very young. But now I have just returned from a journey to Dastan, Xu and Etheria, and maybe yet I will get to go to Goetia. Just like Guffington, I suppose... Ehehm, have you ever been?"

"Heh, you sound like me when I was younger. Like you, people thought I was a demon. I have since learned my true history. Tell me, Germ, have you ever sought out your past? I am Hybros by the way."

Have I ever looked into my "far past". No, I get the feeling that it could be worse than I think. Besides I get the feeling that I am really old or really young. (It would be weird if it was both.) Plus you look like a "Demon" to me. The only difference is you got a label. So, you an imp? You know what kind? (If we got to put labels on every thing.)

Have I ever looked into my "far past". No, I get the feeling that it could be worse than I think. Besides I get the feeling that I am really old or really young. (It would be weird if it was both.) Plus you look like a "Demon" to me. The only difference is you got a label. So, you an imp? You know what kind? (If we got to put labels on every thing.)

"Hm. I am no demon, though my people have lived in the void for some time. I am an imp, and we were once a proud race who lived in Olegaia's forests, far before the time of men or elves. Not as old as dragons, but almost. Maybe."

"As for your second question... the kind that enjoys a good tea, heheh. What is it that you like to drink Germ?" He waved over to the Scheherzade, still trying to figure out the creature before him.

"As for your second question... the kind that enjoys a good tea, heheh. What is it that you like to drink Germ?" He waved over to the Scheherzade, still trying to figure out the creature before him.

Simply, anything that tastes good to me. But, I would not say no to trying some of this "tea" you are drinking.

You still look a little confused to me. About me, I am not sure what kind of demon I might be. Heck, I might be the only kind of my species on this planet.

There is a frantic pounding on the door of the hall. When it opens a small red and white goat rushes is and begins bleating and pulling on heroes.

heroicafog-billythegoat.jpgI Nee-ee-eeed you to come qui-i-i-i-ckly. They are everywhere.

Heroes chosen for the next run of the UNLIMITED FIELDS OF GLORY

Miderun (callmepie)

Na'im (enceledaus)

​The quest post will be up shortly. Please make any last minute purchases and then post your arrival at the fields.

Edited by Asphalt

"Nerwen!" Kiray shouts as she sees the minstrel. "It's been a while. You're joining our party for the fields? great. By the way, here is the 150 gold I still owed you for the katana."

My thanks. I'd forgotten about that. Are you well?

Nerwen waves hello to Arthur as she goes by.

Seeing the fields party posted, Nerwen adds a sign to the notice board

Wanted to buy

Level up mushroom

For sale

Axe of the Minotaur Champion (WP: 30; user is Slowed and Immune to Hastened, cannot be equipped at the same time as a shield; axe)

Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3; Immunity to Ice and Water; Bodywear; Suitable for Barbarians, Regulators, and Beast Warriors)

Order Imperial's Assassin Cowl (Immune to Light and Darkness, Wearer is Nimble; headwear; Suitable for Assassins, Chi Monks, Infiltrators, Rogue Thieves, Paragons)

Razor (user is Blessed and Immune to Bleeding, Enraged, and Encouraged; May take up any artifact slot; requires a shaved head)

Helm of the Lord of Light (Immune to Light and Jinxed; headwear; Suitable for Knights)

Edited by Chromeknight

"Ah, thank you much, Pretzel." Arthur hands Pretzel a Scroll of Elemental Aura.

"You are quite welcome."

I turn and give Miirym a gentle stroke on the snout.

"I should like to ride one of your sort some day. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm cut out to be a dragoon, though I do have a good reputation with the Shadeaux. They would probably offer me an egg if I could prove I could care for a dragon."

Edited by Palathadric

There is a frantic pounding on the door of the hall. When it opens a small red and white goat rushes is and begins bleating and pulling on heroes.

I Nee-ee-eeed you to come qui-i-i-i-ckly. They are everywhere.

Na'im rolls his eyes, "I'll come long in my own time thank you very much-surely you can hold out for a bit longer master goat." he nods at his companions "I'll see you all in the fields I am sure."

Na'im takes one last look at the hall, that had become unreconsiable since all the other, more experienced heroes had turned up and started making conversation. He shkes his head and leaves the hall for the marketplace

Edited by Enceladus

Miderun nods. "Too clumsy for me. You can have it if you like. Tarok ezka dir dyruul."

"Thank you." Boomingham sweeps it off the table and stands up, as if to make off with it... but then stops himself with a reluctant chuckle. "I guess one good term deserves another..." he digs around in his bag and finds the Redhawk Helmet. "Will this do as payment? For both the armor, and the information on Baltarok? It was good meeting you, greenskin." He plops it down on the table, not waiting for a response, and wanders off towards Hybros and the others.

Hybros eyed Germ and Atramor before quickly recounting the conversation to Boomingham. "The usual, archdemons and power corruption. Nothing to worry about.... eheh."

Boomingham sits down at the table. "The usual. I just got back from a lovely two trips, to the High Kingdoms and Salmanda, and saw power corruption up the wazzu, though no archdemons in either places." He turns to look at Atramor. "How are you, boy-o?"

"Thank you." Boomingham sweeps it off the table and stands up, as if to make off with it... but then stops himself with a reluctant chuckle. "I guess one good term deserves another..." he digs around in his bag and finds the Redhawk Helmet. "Will this do as payment? For both the armor, and the information on Baltarok? It was good meeting you, greenskin." He plops it down on the table, not waiting for a response, and wanders off towards Hybros and the others.

Miderun picked up the helmet and inspected it closely, impressed.

"It was good to meet you too, Keldrtirn. Thanks fo-" she looked up again, only to see Boomingham gone, vanished into the crowd of other heroes in the Hall. With a shrug, and a glance at the questboard, she set out for the Fields of Glory, trudging through a light drizzle outside.

Hybros ordered another tea and began sipping it. "I will have had my fair share of traveling, I think, heheh. When I first arrived in Eubric I thought I had seen it all, roaming the High and Low Kingdoms since I was very young. But now I have just returned from a journey to Dastan, Xu and Etheria, and maybe yet I will get to go to Goetia. Just like Guffington, I suppose... Ehehm, have you ever been?"

"Goetia? Nope. Not even sure what the place is like.Only just got back from the local dwarven kingdom, myself. I have been to both Dastan and Xu, though. Hope things are alright in both of 'em. The status quo tends to, er, tilt a bit once I'm gone. Lemme thing. Grew up in Dreida Bay, on the Crystalline Sea for the most part. Took my craft to the Low Kingdoms, then found my way to Heroica. Can barely keep straight all the places I've been while I've worked here..."

Boomingham sits down at the table. "The usual. I just got back from a lovely two trips, to the High Kingdoms and Salmanda, and saw power corruption up the wazzu, though no archdemons in either places." He turns to look at Atramor. "How are you, boy-o?"

Atramor set down the rum he was sipping with a grin as he saw the grizzled old ex-paladin approach. "Boomin'ham. Been a good long time ya' old bastard. The whole world's all corruption and demons, hope ya've been killin' your fair share. Damn, it's been a while - when was the last time I saw ya', Strivvi?"

Razor (user is Blessed and Immune to Bleeding, Enraged, and Encouraged; May take up any artifact slot; requires a shaved head)

I approach Nerwen.

"I see you haven't found a use for that Razor then. How much did you want for it?"