Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

All the way to and back from he Market Place, Alexander was thinking about Quest 104 "There is the Dragonlord, there is the Cout Shadeux, this must be a really important think." finally he reaches a decision and, after entering the Hall he sign-up Quest: 104 "Why not? maybe it will be interesting." he thinks signing. He is returning to the table of before when he sees a dark-garbed girl carrying a crossbow that is speaking with two new heroes "And she is?" he asks to himself "She is new." he concludes approaching them. "Good day, masters. I'm Alexander Vandangant, archer and heroe, how it's going?"

QM Note: I'm so sorry, I completely missed this! :blush:

Current Sign-Ups for Quest #104: Ace Assassin: Dual Dragoons

Warlen Melimane, Level 1 Mage (The Chosen Minifigure)

Siercon, Level 6 Mage (Siercon and Coral)

Actaeon Artus, Level 1 Ranger (Actaeon)

Yuji Daeth, Level 1 Cleric (Daeth)

The Demon Germ, Level 1 Rogue (samuraiturtle)

Drake Flamerobe, Level 11.5 Knight (xxlrocka)

Isabella del Toboso, Level 14.5 Rogue (Dharkan)

Kiray Nastay, Level 4 Knight (KingoftheZemkp)

Alexander Vandangant, Level 23.33 Hunter (Wedge09)

One day remaining!

14365514179_b1e4defe67_o.png

"How's it going? Boringly if you ask me. I've only been here a day and already I'm sick of this place, how can you Heroes stand being cooped up in here so long?"

14365514179_b1e4defe67_o.png

"How's it going? Boringly if you ask me. I've only been here a day and already I'm sick of this place, how can you Heroes stand being cooped up in here so long?"

"If you have friends with whom chat, this place isn't so boring. But sometimes, yes, it could be boring stayin here all alone. Personally I like going away for a while."

~A new quest has been posted on the Quest Board (#106 by Pyrovisionary)!~

Quest#106: Devilish Documents[/b]' timestamp='1404508572' post='1930283']

Reward: 250 gold gold per hero

Actaeon whistles. Those must be some very important documents! He considers putting his name down. No, he finally decides, I think I will wait until I know whether or not I made it into the other ones.

Edited by Actaeon

The doors of Heroica Hall swing open, and in steps one of Eubric's law enfrocement agents. He walked, posture straight, eyes alert, cape flowing behind him - but ultimately, his mood tranquil, if not a bit confused. Walking into the usually loud hall, he begins to muse.

Vcmh0ri.png

"So this is Heroica Hall, huh..."

Those who were watching him would be surprised to find he was approaching the questboard...

Current Sign-Ups for Quest #105: The Eternal Reaper

-Erdathcath (The_Customizer)

-masson Cour (At the request of the Sand Queen)

The purple clad genetleman takes a seat at one of the more secluded corners of the bar, and orders a drink - cold water. He looked open for conversation, and perhaps it was warranted, considering his appearance at the Questboard...

Vcmh0ri.png

"Huh. Thought this place would be more busy..."

Glancing out the window to see the rays of sunlight heralding the dawn, Dragonlord nods to Count Shadeaux. Both men rise, shake hands, and go their separate ways, the Count producing a small cloth-wrapped staff before stepping outside and the Dragonlord heading to the Quest board.

Chosen Heroes for Quest #104: Ace Assassin: Dual Dragoons

Actaeon Artus, Level 1 Ranger (Actaeon) *Party Leader*

Diana N. Justus, the Ace Assassin, Level 1 Assassin

QM Note: Welcome, everyone! The Quest topic will go up at about this time tomorrow. Take this time to make any last-minute preparations, and we'll be on our way! :sweet:

Actaeon has to keep himself from sprinting to the board when he sees Dragonlord post the list of chosen heroes. He waits a moment before approaching the board, his entire body tense.

Actaeon grins, trying to contain his joy. Dad will be so proud when he hears! After a moment of looking at the board, he heads toward a table in the corner of the room and takes out his notebook. He quickly writes a note to his father.

"Dear father,

I have some excellent news! I have been selected to lead my very first quest! I'm afraid I cannot provide you or mother (not that she would care) with details, but I will try and stay in contact throughout the quest.

With love, Actaeon"

He prepares the letter for mail and puts it away. My moment has finally come.

Edited by Actaeon

Warlen and Quarion see the note, and look at each other solemnly.

They go upstairs to their room, and the burst out laughing.

"Oh my god!" said Quarion.

"They chose us!"

"Better get some rest." said Warlen.

Diana N. Justus, the Ace Assassin, Level 1 Assassin

I look at the list thinking they already picked a "leader". :sceptic: I thought the "assassin" would of been picked as "leader". I hope the smart megablocks "leader" knows what he is doing. Now I go off and get ready.

Kiray strolled up to the list, smiling when she saw her name as a chosen hero to take part in the quest. She looked at the classes of each hero she would be fighting alongside, noticing she was the only warrior in the group. This will be interesting, the young woman thought before she went to prepare for the quest.

Hoke rests up as much as he can, hoping to be selected. After the draining experience of his previous quests, he knew that this was probably the last time he would get any good rest in a long while.

Vcmh0ri.png

"Hmmm."

Not seeing much else to do, the pruple clad man wraps his cape around his neck, drapes it over his shoulders, and departs.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to push 103 back to the 15th of July. I apologize in advanced, I'm incredibly busy. :sad:

Unfortunately I'm going to have to push 103 back to the 15th of July. I apologize in advanced, I'm incredibly busy. :sad:

OOC: no worries! Take your time :)

The lone Rogue gently slipped into the bar, after his long journey to the Hall of Heroica, from the forgotten forests of the Blue Pools. He slipped over to the board, his passage unnoticed by the patrons clustered around the bar. He swiftly read the short list of names, and seemed to puzzle over his choice for a moment. From some hidden pocket in his cloak, he pulled out a well-sharpened quill, and signed the name 'Lind Whisperer', to the bottom of the sheet for Quest#103.

He strode over to the bar, and gently waited for service.

"Aye, and what'll you be having?"

"I'll have a very strong...crystal water, thank you."

OOC: My apologies that I have not been able to make my signature work thus far, it won't let me post an image or a hyperlink to my character info.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Current Sign Ups for Quest 103: Alfendi Lupine Strikes Again!

Hoke Ablesword, 32.25 Mystic Knight (UsernameMDM)

Guts Holla, Level 31 1/4 Alchemist (Scubacarrot)

Thormanil Nihai, Level 37.5 Dragoon (swils)

Alexandar Vandagant, Level 21 2/3 Hunter (Wedge09)

Alexandre LeChevalier, Level 27.33 Black Knight (Capt.JohnPaul)

Drake Flamerobe, Level 11.5 Knight (xxlrocka)

Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 32.75 Skirmisher (Flipz)

Lind Whisperer, Level 1 Rogue (Lind Whisperer)

The Rogue silently slips out of the hall for a very short while, to make a few small purchases at the Marketplace, and to visit the Library, to see if the ancient Metasimian might be able to inform him a little bit about Alfendi Lupine.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Em strides back into the Hall, passing by the quest board. He signs up for Quest 105, frowning slightly. He scouts out a table, grabbing a drink on his way by, and slides into a booth alone. He sighs and removes his armour, placing it beside him. He rolls his shoulders with audible pops and cradles his head in his hands, closing his eyes for a brief moment of rest.

He had to know. The smell was so vile it invaded his senses. Hell, he could taste it. He felt it cloying his throat, closing off the passage to his lungs.

It was choking him.

He had to know.

The moon was above a sea of clouds; he was navigating merely by memory. The darkness was so deep he could barely see a foot in front of him, but it was his home. A home he knew well, a home in which he had belonged.

The scent grew more and more unbearable the closer he got to his destination. Unable to contain it, he coughed—the sharp sound sliced into the night. He heard metal scrape softly against the wood floor and tensed. Still, he had to know. He crept forward, opening the sliding door to the next room. The air was so disgusting that he nearly retched. The room itself was dimly lit. The first figure he saw was one he recognized—his older brother knelt in the middle of the room, crouching, ready to pounce on who he thought was an intruder.

His older brother relaxed. “Mortimer,” he scolds. “You can’t be here right now. Didn’t father tell you not to wander about at night?”

He didn’t want to know. He didn’t want to know. He didn’t want to know.

He had to know.

The second thing he noticed were the bodies. Blood drenched the floorboards. Severed limbs were scattered around. His brother’s arms and legs were drenched in blood; it covered his smock as well.

Mortimer wanted to scream, wanted to run. The rumour he had heard now seemed all too real. “Your brother is a vampire. You live with a family of vampires. Your family are monsters. You’re a monster.”

He stared blankly at his older brother, saying nothing, too stunned for words.

He brother rose, sheathing the knife on his hip, and strode over to Mortimer. He clapped Mortimer on the shoulder, a wide grin on his face. “But, of course, now that you know, I’m going to have to get you to help.”

Mortimer merely shook his head, his voice barely a whisper. He had to know. “You—you’re actually a vampire?”

His brother laughed- a cheery, hearty laugh from the pits of his stomach. Mortimer found it all the more sickening. “No, Mortimer, I’m just having some fun. Though I suppose if I sacrifice enough, I’ll gain unimaginable power. Perhaps through a contract with a demon? A witch? Or, oooh, a God! Ah, who knows. You can join me if you like. It’s always nice to get blood on your hands.” His older brother waved crimson hands in front of Mortimer’s face as if trying to prove his point.

Mortimer felt as though he had lost all strength. His brother was beyond help.

He knew.

He swiftly grabbed hold of his brother’s knife, drawing it and thrusting it quickly into his brother’s stomach. He twisted it, pulling it out before thrusting again. A third thrust made his brother collapse on the ground. A fourth struck his corpse before—

Em gasps, tense. He glances around the Hall, and, realizing where he is, breathes a sigh of relief. He swirls the remainder of his drink in its cup and downs it. The explosion must’ve hit him hard to jar such memories from the depths of his mind...

Lind finally returned the Hall, pulled off his cloak(which by now protected him from the rain about as much as a damp sponge) and walked across to the bar, where a she-orc was tending.

"Excuse me, but could you tell me as to where I might find Sheherazade?" he asked her.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

The bartender laughs amusingly.

heroicanpc-scheherazade2.jpg

"You're looking at her, son. What can I get you? Drinks are on the house."

"You're looking at her, son. What can I get you? Drinks are on the house."

"A crystalline water would be very nice, but I'm actually looking for information. Could you possibly tell me anything about the master thief Alfendi Lupine? Particular tactics and tendencies he seems to use in his robberies, any accounts of what he looks like - anything like that would be very helpful," he asked the she-orc.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Hearing the name of Alfendi Lupine, Arthur wanders over to the bar and listens intently.

Scheherezade pour's Lind a drink as she contemplates.

heroicanpc-scheherazade2.jpg

"If I knew anything about his tactics do you think I'd be behind here? Most people know he has a gang who's assisted him on robberies, and he's also never killed anyone. As for an image, here's what the newspaper headings make him out to look like. Of course, this is an artist's illustration, so who knows how accurate the damn thing is."

She passes him the newspaper, mumbling about crime and professions as she begins to scrub the bar down. A small blurb shows the master thief's mugshot, even if a little rough looking.

14657954482_35f64dbed7_o.jpg