Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Is the "Enraged" effect new?

Only a couple of posts before yours: :wink:

Two new effects suggested by other players have been officially approved into the game. They are:

Enraged
– The target furiously stays in the front row until the effect is remedied or the battle is over.

Inspired
– The target’s current and maximum health are doubled for the duration of one battle.

They will be added to the rule pages soon.

Edited by PsyKater

Does cleric's special guard have an effect if another hero triggers a special that effects all heroes?

eg. if Mizuki triggers tapestry of dreams, does Nerwen get a 50/50 chance of not being asleep?

No. Other way, I think yes. :classic:

Flipz, Roni flips between genders during the description. You might want to fix that. Most of the time she's a girl, but there are a couple of times "he" is used. Er, unless that's intentional for some reason, then ignore everything I just wrote!

Thanks, I went back and forth on gender for a bit, I missed those when I finally decided her gender. :blush:

Thanks, I went back and forth on gender for a bit, I missed those when I finally decided her gender. :blush:

Roni sounds like a male name if you pronounce it Raw-knee (delicious!) but it sounds like a female one if you see it Rone-Eee. :tongue:

Though, I'm a bit baffled: what relation does Caroline have to Arthur? :wacko: maybe I'm just daft...

Roni sounds like a male name if you pronounce it Raw-knee (delicious!) but it sounds like a female one if you see it Rone-Eee. :tongue:

Though, I'm a bit baffled: what relation does Caroline have to Arthur? :wacko: maybe I'm just daft...

As seen in Quest 38's flashbacks, Caroline was Arthur's childhood friend and, eventually, love. However, when she turned to Chaos, something strictly forbidden by the laws of the Zut'tau'ri, Arthur confronted her and chose to turn her in to the Elders. Caroline reached the Elders first, and got Arthur banished instead.

Unbeknownst to Arthur--until now, that is--Caroline was sleeping with Vaygas pretty much the whole time. (As implied in the cutscene right after the Angel fight, the one that no one saw in-character.) Vaygas is Roni's father, but for unknown reasons Caroline broke it off with Vaygas and began her journey to Eubric. Vaygas came to Eubric and secretly encouraged Arthur to follow the Chaotic path, hoping that he would destroy himself, convincing Caroline to give up Chaos and return to him.

Arthur had already figured that Roni was Vaygas' son, since Roni called Vaygas 'Daddy' and ran to him, but he realized that Roni's conception would have been before he left based on Punii's age assessment--and thus, that Caroline had been cheating on him.

As seen in Quest 38's flashbacks, Caroline was Arthur's childhood friend and, eventually, love. However, when she turned to Chaos, something strictly forbidden by the laws of the Zut'tau'ri, Arthur confronted her and chose to turn her in to the Elders. Caroline reached the Elders first, and got Arthur banished instead.

Unbeknownst to Arthur--until now, that is--Caroline was sleeping with Vaygas pretty much the whole time. (As implied in the cutscene right after the Angel fight, the one that no one saw in-character.) Vaygas is Roni's father, but for unknown reasons Caroline broke it off with Vaygas and began her journey to Eubric. Vaygas came to Eubric and secretly encouraged Arthur to follow the Chaotic path, hoping that he would destroy himself, convincing Caroline to give up Chaos and return to him.

Arthur had already figured that Roni was Vaygas' son, since Roni called Vaygas 'Daddy' and ran to him, but he realized that Roni's conception would have been before he left based on Punii's age assessment--and thus, that Caroline had been cheating on him.

It is like a roleplaying Xanatos Gambit! :laugh:

Why is that allowed? I thought dead means dead, no items changing, those are gone forever. :sceptic:

OOC: Thromanil and the rest shall bury Arasmyth somewhere in Eubric so if you wish to have one of his unique items, leave an offering of Gold to his spirit at the ce,every and you may take it. :sweet::wink: Look forward to the debut of Thulma, female dwarf rogue, in the Hall sometime soon. :grin:

If you as a PC give them to another player (before your death, obviously), that's legal, but not encouraged. It'd probably be best if you sell them before you die, if you don't want to die with them.

Exactly, but I don't want to see those items returned to the new character. If you give up your character and create a new one, you have to start from scratch - and getting your hands on a Staff of Awesomeness (WP:20) from the get-go is not considered starting from scratch. :tongue:

:wink:

Three items for 15g, that's quite the bargain Flipz. :hmpf_bad::tongue:

Hey, I have debts to pay, Arasmyth knew that. :tongue: But really, the mask's not THAT useful to Arthur, nor is the robe; I mostly took those items for roleplaying. The Scroll was the only item that I really "needed"; if the others need to be returned, so be it. :wink:

Hell no. "Hey Guys, Guts is going to die, you can get free items for 5 gold each." See the problem with that? Character's gone, items are gone, if you want to buy them for what would be a fair trade for the true value of the item, do that before orchestrating a character's death. 15 gold for any of those items is not near that. It's cheating.

When Daxus died, his items were gone, when Leo left, his items were gone. Same goes here. This is not fair to other players.

Hell no. "Hey Guys, Guts is going to die, you can get free items for 5 gold each." See the problem with that? Character's gone, items are gone, if you want to buy them for what would be a fair trade for the true value of the item, do that before orchestrating a character's death. 15 gold for any of those items is not near that. It's cheating.

When Daxus died, his items were gone, when Leo left, his items were gone. Same goes here. This is not fair to other players.

I agree with this, I went to give his items out, I got told I couldn't, as it would give some players an advantage. You can't allow one player to give items one not.

:hmpf_bad: Kadabra and I did discuss Arthur getting the scroll before Aras died, though we never actually set a price. Sandy already set forth his position in the post I quoted, and he said nothing to the contrary when Kadabra laid out what he said. I've nullified the mask and the robe to make you happy, but I'm not giving up the scroll unless Ad-hoh gives up the gems he got.

And please, don't be a jerk about pointing these things out, would you? The second paragraph you posted would have made your point WITHOUT yelling at me. :hmpf:

Edited by Flipz

As Sandy has said, it's okay to sell items to another player before you restart, (in this case, after you die) you just can't get that player to give the items back to your new character. Technically, what Flipz did hasn't broken any existing rules.

I do think that 15 Gold is a pretty low amount, though. ADHO paid 200 Gold for his two gems, which is about what he would have to pay for them if he bought them from someone else. For reference, Thormanil is charging me 125 Gold for the Scroll of Armor Sundering that he bought for me.

I do think that 15 Gold is a pretty low amount, though. ADHO paid 200 Gold for his two gems, which is about what he would have to pay for them if he bought them from someone else. For reference, Thormanil is charging me 125 Gold for the Scroll of Armor Sundering that he bought for me.

Fair enough, I edited my payment to 50 gold, which is Elphaba's price for offense Scrolls. I hate that my thought-out, poetic roleplaying is looking like a kindergarden coloring page with all the strikethroughs, but fair is fair.

snip butthurtness

I'm not the one knowingly cheating. Just pointing that out, and I'm not yelling, I'm pointing stuff out.

Now that is a plot twist. *huh*

*huh* I didn't expect that! She's such a caring sister. How could someone be that selfless?

I loved the Quest Sandy, and I'm excited to watch their story progress. :wub:

You're telling me! I get the feeling that this isn't the end of this storyline...

Nope! I'd say it's far from over! I only hope that it doesn't end the way Romeo and Juliet did.

:sick::enough::distressed:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I'm not the one knowingly cheating. Just pointing that out, and I'm not yelling, I'm pointing stuff out.

I'm not sure that Flipz is cheating, it might not to be everyone's taste, but it seems to be 'fair' by the rules. The only way to truly clear this thing up is to have Kadabra pop up and agree to the trade, I suppose.

Reminds me of when JohnPaul changed his characters, and had his new on defeat Bacari in the hall. I remember that he said that Bacari's 100 gold was up for grabs, but I refused out of good grace for the rules.

knowingly cheating

See, it's stuff like that that's unnecessary. Something like what Doc said about price is reasonable and non-aggressive, as opposed to accusatory and inflammatory.

Regardless, if there's still a problem with the modified trade, then I'm happy to discuss it politely. :wink:

En Sabah Nur heads to FABIAN’S FANTABULOUS FASHION. He buys a Fire Amulet and a pair of Counterstrike Gloves for a total of 180 gold (333-180=153 gold).

"Thanks, lady. I may be back for that handbag later."

Lady? Fabian is male... :look:

See, it's stuff like that that's unnecessary. Something like what Doc said about price is reasonable and non-aggressive, as opposed to accusatory and inflammatory.

Regardless, if there's still a problem with the modified trade, then I'm happy to discuss it politely. :wink:

I agree some of the comments were out of order, but WHEN I DID IT, IT WAS NOT ALLOWED.

Fair enough, I edited my payment to 50 gold, which is Elphaba's price for offense Scrolls. I hate that my thought-out, poetic roleplaying is looking like a kindergarden coloring page with all the strikethroughs, but fair is fair.

Elphaba may sell offensive scrolls for 50 Gold, but I believe it had a price attached to it from Jeb's quest greater than that. As of the moment, Kadabra has yet to create a new character, so technically if he came on here and said 50 Gold was sufficient, it is.

In other news, I loved the twist Sandy. The first one was kind of expected from how you had set everything up, but the second one really developed the character of the sister a lot.

I'm not sure that Flipz is cheating, it might not to be everyone's taste, but it seems to be 'fair' by the rules. The only way to truly clear this thing up is to have Kadabra pop up and agree to the trade, I suppose.

Reminds me of when JohnPaul changed his characters, and had his new on defeat Bacari in the hall. I remember that he said that Bacari's 100 gold was up for grabs, but I refused out of good grace for the rules.

I don't think so, it's about not about what Kadabra thinks, it's about the items from a character that is GONE, being practically given away (aka sold for way too low amounts). I think gone is gone, and as soon as the character is gone, so are the items, and doing it like this is just circumventing the rules, and Flipz knows that damn well.

I agree some of the comments were out of order, but WHEN I DID IT, IT WAS NOT ALLOWED.

You were allowed to sell your sword to Alisha before you left, but you were not allowed to give away all your stuff. See the difference?