What is the change of appearance meant to represent? E.g. Land vehicle to Water vehicle. What do the transformations of Kai's and Jay's vehicles look like?

To me it seems like that the lime green side is a snake camouflage. You know ninja and camouflage... :thumbup:

Zane actually does have his own vehicle-- in the snake truck set he has a small snowmobile. I find it strangely hilarious that the year after he had the smallest of the four dragons, he gets the smallest of the four vehicles. Let's all hold a pity party for Zane! :tongue:

At least the Ice Dragon wasn't that much smaller than the Fire Dragon. And it could fly anywhere it wanted. Zane's snowmobile is not only laughably puny, it's severely limited in terms of traversing terrain. Good luck keeping up with the other three ninjas on that thing!

They should've given him a great big snow tank instead.

Ahh I finaly saw them!

I am really impresed how amazing snake vehicles even if I am not fan BIG TRUCKS AND HELICOPTARS in theme.

And I am disapointed how Snakeman looks like. I like how they look... But I hoped for more special snake heads...

What I love then?

New weapons (ninja knifes!), new snakes, and beautiful stafs with new flat round brick, oh and the boosterpacks (Lylloyd!)

To me it seems like that the lime green side is a snake camouflage. You know ninja and camouflage... :thumbup:

I think that the lime green isn't snake camoflage, but camoflage to blend in with the plains in the background of the sets. I also love the ninja's new outfits, and Kendo Zane is :wub: But on the other side of the spectrum, Fang-Suie is :sick: . I hope that those buckteeth(buckfangs?) change in the final design. But overall, the sets are all awesome, especially the snake-jet and Kai's blade cycle. Poor Zane... :cry_sad:

The vehicles... Maybe Lord Garmadon let the ninjas use the Underworld skellie technology so they could build those things?

The vehicles... Maybe Lord Garmadon let the ninjas use the Underworld skellie technology so they could build those things?

There's a chance but if you look at the picture with him in, it seems he's still an enemy of the ninjas.

Edited by Housey98

Well, in the TV special they used a special Spinjitzu technique to turn various skeleton vehicles into a ferris wheel to trap an advancing Skeleton army. So maybe that same Spinjitzu technique, or something related to it, is responsible for creating the vehicles. It would be a silly magical explanation, but it would still fit with the LEGO value of building to solve problems, which is explored in various LEGO media.

Alternatively, the Ninjas themselves could build the things on their own-- we know that this is a post-industrial world where this technology exists, and Jay in particular is known to have creative ingenuity. To say the Ninjas could construct working vehicles in a world made of LEGO wouldn't be much of a stretch. Of course, this seems less likely to me because the LEGO nature of the Ninjago TV show's universe is somewhat downplayed.

As I've said, I'll be happy as long as there's a more complex explanation than Sensei Wu giving them access to some secret garage beneath the dojo that he's never mentioned before. Then again, even that could be OK if it's treated humorously enough.

If you look into HERE carefully, you could find some reasonably big and clear box/bag/pack pictures for 2012 sets for City, Dino, Ninjago and Technic.

Credit to whung for pointing this out at our local forum.

Edited by Alywin

If you look into HERE carefully, you could find some reasonably big and clear box/bag/pack pictures for 2012 sets for City, Dino, Ninjago and Technic.

Credit to whung for pointing this out at our local forum.

Thanks for that! I guess the "Samurai" spinner gives us absolute confirmation that yes, Nya is the same character as this samurai. After all, the new spinner print has her circular flame/phoenix emblem on it.

By the way, I love the technique used for the jets of the Rattle Copter, using the turbine piece with knight helmets inside.

Why has this theme taken a strange path, it started as a Ninja theme and is heading towards a sci-fi battle theme.....Ninja's in attack jets ? Oh, well....it's not just Lucas who commands what Lego makes....but Cartoon Network too ! :devil::laugh:

Actually I like the jet with it's F-111 inspired wings....though in reverse ? Hey, it's Lego ! :laugh:

Then the junk has an old school cannon on it ? Back to old school Ninja era stuff.....oh, I'm getting confused ?! :laugh:

Looks like all of the ninjas' vehicles transform, though some less than others. By far, the best transformation has to be the jet.

This is also the best wave. While I would have preferred more ninja buildings, all of the ninja vehicles can easily be adapted into other things. :classic:

There are some more nice details we can see from these clearer pictures. There are two blue cobra-like snakemen, and also two red double-headed snakemen. Lloyd isn't as intimidating as Lord Garmadon is, and I think his design is preliminary due to the skeleton torso.

Does anyone know if spinner sets and boosters are Chinese plastic as the previous ones were? If so, I'll be skipping them.

Edited by Delta 38

Lloyd isn't as intimidating as Lord Garmadon is, and I think his design is preliminary due to the skeleton torso.

Does anyone know if spinner sets and boosters are Chinese plastic as the previous ones were? If so, I'll be skipping them.

Though he does appear to come with a grey hood? Unless it's the light. Will the booster packs contain a figure, or is the packaging just showing what character the booster weapons are for?

OMG *oh2* ! Jays Storm Fighter looked interesting before, but...

...Seeing the clearer picture with transformed mode revealed...

:wub: :wub: :wub:

it's obviously a LEGO equivalent VF-19 Excalibur Advanced Variable Fighter from Macross 7 (Details in Wikipedia).

Just needs a little work on the nose and rare section (new radome, twin jets engines etc).

I'm gonna get a whole wing of those!

Edited by Caveton

Damn it LEGO, I will have to spend my $$$ on that transforming jet. If only they included one of the cool snake people in them rather than the lame white one.

I've a feeling the snakemen come from the Caves of Despair. Why? Because the caves are filled with giant snakes, and some locations are named "Snake (insertthinghere)". Anyway, I noticed that we'll get two headed snakemen! We'll get a red two headed snakeman (Fangdam) in the Fangpyre Truck Ambush set.

Lloyd is the lamest guy ever. He looks nothing like his father. And, Garmaddon looks way cooler with four arms. Anyway, these sets are way better that the first ones, and the snakes are a lot better than skeletons. This theme just gets better and better!

Lloyd is the lamest guy ever. \

But I'll still be getting that booster pack for the hood! :grin:

As soon as these come out, expect a custom Starkiller from me! :sweet:

Edited by darthnihilius

Lloyd is the lamest guy ever. He looks nothing like his father. And, Garmaddon looks way cooler with four arms. Anyway, these sets are way better that the first ones, and the snakes are a lot better than skeletons. This theme just gets better and better!

Lloyd looks somewhat underwhelming (in terms of originality), but I'm okay with him. And he does look like Garmadon: in a recent episode on LEGO.com, it showed Garmadon before he fell, and he looks quite a lot like that. Of course, I doubt that's a coincidence: the TV producers probably had some early designs of Lloyd to base him on. :devil:

And I also disagree about Garmadon's arms. While I've dreamt of four-armed minfigures for a while, Garmadon seems like exactly the wrong way to do it. Look at how tall his torso is, compared to his legs! Perhaps if LEGO had used the longer Toy Story legs he'd look better. But of course, then he'd be even more enormous...

The snakemen are a mixed bag. Some of them I love, and some will have to grow on me. Fang-Suei in particular: I see what they were going for, but he comes out looking kinda derpy.

Still not sold on 2012 line. Clearer pictures are not making it better. Except the boat ofcourse.

Ninja's are ZX in 2012.

DX could be related to Dragon (D). ZX to Znake? hah heh ho!

I like how they've used buckets as engines on Kai's jumpack in the Rattlecopter set.

Also, I remember some mention of 5 snake staffs. I seem to be only able to see 3: a red, a blue and a green :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Housey98

Also, I remember some mention of 5 snake staffs. I seem to be only able to see 3: a red, a blue and a green :hmpf_bad:

Ahem... We'll see them in the next wave (4) in summer 2012? The sword of fire first appeared in the 2nd wave, remember?

Edited by Corydoras

Ugh, the venomary altar has some awful megabloks-style wall pattern pieces that I really don't like.

Next time TLG copy ideas from megabloks, I hope they pick the actual good ideas instead of that. :cry_sad:

Ugh, the venomary altar has some awful megabloks-style wall pattern pieces that I really don't like.

Next time TLG copy ideas from megabloks, I hope they pick the actual good ideas instead of that. :cry_sad:

A lot of people are really fans of them. If you look at the City Police station, they look really nice placed alongside each other, resembling an actual wall rather than just a stack of bricks.

And saying they "copied it from Mega Bloks" is a bit harsh-- I'm sure TLG probably had prototypes of this sort of part for a long time, and may have just been inspired by how useful such a part is rather than that a competitor happened to have one.