I'm still having trouble downloading. I get down to about 2kb left in the download and then LDD says it can't access the server to download the file. Anyone else still having this problem? I did try removing any past LDD downloads from the Downloads folder, as was suggested. I'm running LDD on Mac OS X 10.6.8, if that helps.

I have been encountering the same error message (cannot access server) on my Macbook Pro running Mac OS X 10.6.8. Clearing the downloads folder didn't solve it. Next, I successfully downloaded 4.1.8 here and attempted to reinstall to no avail... "Operation 1" error. I don't think the problem is on my end, as the download/install/patch processes for 3.x, 4.0, and 4.1 have previously run very smoothly on our Macbooks. Can't wait for v4.1.9!

Edited by RoxYourBlox

I have been encountering the same error message (cannot access server) on my Macbook Pro running Mac OS X 10.6.8. Clearing the downloads folder didn't solve it. Next, I successfully downloaded 4.1.8 here and attempted to reinstall to no avail... "Operation 1" error. I don't think the problem is on my end, as the download/install/patch processes for 3.x, 4.0, and 4.1 have previously run very smoothly on our Macbooks. Can't wait for v4.1.9!

Sounds like we're in exactly the same boat. Previous downloads have always gone smoothly for me as well, including the 4.0 update that frustrated all the Windows users.

Maybe I'll try running it on my Windows 7 virtual machine - I need that program to finish the RCB.

Got some very brief info on the changes in 4.1.8 from TLG:

1) LU palette update

2) Categorization updated as Design Lab has changed the grouping of the bricks.

3) Shading issue on Intel card equipped notebooks is fixed.

My comments:

1) i.e. more parts. I don't think however LU mode saw as many new parts as Extended.

2) Yes, we've seen that, allthough the category icons doesn't always map to the content as noted by Alienwar9 :tongue: (And for those who don't know, DesignLab is the internal function at TLG that decides on the LEGO system, allowed building principles, colors etc).

These arn't new parts.

But they were gone for a while... wern't they?... :laugh:

Now I'm becoming uncertain too. What was the Brickset version in 4.1.7? It's 434 now, but what was it before?

Now I'm becoming uncertain too. What was the Brickset version in 4.1.7? It's 434 now, but what was it before?

I don't even know how to find that out, i leave that to you experts :tongue:

But if i recall these were taken out in version 3 i think and replaced with the click-hinge versions.

Now they are back, likely as part of the putting-in-old-bricks thingy they were going to do.

Then again, i nver found out why they took out bricks that were perfectly usable.

Then again, i nver found out why they took out bricks that were perfectly usable.

When they updated from 3 to 4 (I think it was), they made a change to the brick defintion standard, so bricks that were all good to use in 3, caused severe aches and pains in 4. Hence, several bricks had to go back to the drawing board, and some then didn't make it for the new release. That's how I understood it at least. :sceptic:

But all those brick issues was fixed in the early days of 4.x, so we should be all good now. :classic:

It seems to me that until you can do something as simple as combine chain links around gears and tracks around sprockets, LDD cannot be taken seriously as a day-to-day design tool. And it seems that rather than add that functionality, the solution the developers have taken is to remove the geometry from the application (i.e. 3711).

The 3711 was most likely removed by mistake - it should be in there even without the connectivity (like all the other sprockets).

Has the ordering by size also changed? E.g. under steering wheel category... we now see some 2x2 plates coming before 1x2 bricks with hinge, implying that the sorting is now height, then length rather than length then height?

Perhaps im just mistaken.

Has the ordering by size also changed? E.g. under steering wheel category... we now see some 2x2 plates coming before 1x2 bricks with hinge, implying that the sorting is now height, then length rather than length then height?

Perhaps im just mistaken.

I had thought the sorting was always by volume, not length or height. After all, in the previous version 8M Technic axles with end stops came significantly after 10M and 12M axles, with many larger-diameter parts appearing earlier. They are still in that same order. There are a lot of ordering quirks that can't be explained with any sort of priority system based on individual dimensions.

And BasOne, both of those bricks were present in the last version. They may have been in different categories, though-- I'm not entirely sure.

And BasOne, both of those bricks were present in the last version. They may have been in different categories, though-- I'm not entirely sure.

Weird, i've never seen 52040 before, i don't have any of the sets that have either so it's totally new to me :laugh:

Edited by BasOne

Something has changed in positiong the "68821 differentiale" as 4.1.8 is leaving it (or one of the gears around it) out of all or most models.

Anyway after puzzling a bit about which missing part you're warned about it is possible to place it in a more correct way than before, as an old issue which in some models forced me to connect a shorter axle at one side seems to have been fixed.

It is now possible to place 2xN plates over a complete car engine like in set 8041 version 1 and 2.

Till now I could not notice further assembly differences.

Can any one see were the tiles are it seems like they have been taken out of the plates list???????

They were now in the Special Bricks section (the section with the hinges and car chassis).

Sounds like we're in exactly the same boat. Previous downloads have always gone smoothly for me as well, including the 4.0 update that frustrated all the Windows users.

Maybe I'll try running it on my Windows 7 virtual machine - I need that program to finish the RCB.

The installation error for Macs has been fixed. Reopen LDD, and the patch should install properly now. Thank you, Lego!

The installation error for Macs has been fixed. Reopen LDD, and the patch should install properly now. Thank you, Lego!

Good to hear; thanks for the heads-up. :classic: Downloading now...

...and I still can't download it. :sceptic: Same as before, except now it downloads much slower and fails at just over 50 Mb. Did you (RoxYourBlox) get it to work with a new install or the in-program update?

...and I still can't download it. :sceptic: Same as before, except now it downloads much slower and fails at just over 50 Mb. Did you (RoxYourBlox) get it to work with a new install or the in-program update?

Huh. I just reopened LDD and clicked yes for the patch, and it happened to work... I didn't try anything different. I emailed Lego yesterday AM, and someone suspected it could have been bad compression of the .zip.

I'm not happy with the new sorting. Why are tiles in the modified plates group?

It doesn't make sense in my opinion...

Huh. I just reopened LDD and clicked yes for the patch, and it happened to work... I didn't try anything different. I emailed Lego yesterday AM, and someone suspected it could have been bad compression of the .zip.

I'll try again, then. Were you using Wi-Fi or Ethernet when you downloaded? I'm starting to wonder if maybe the problem is on my end, and maybe a physical connection would help.

EDIT: Got it to download! :sweet: Didn't change anything from the previous tries, so I guess it was a problem on TLG's end. Thank you, TLG!

Edited by Brickdoctor

Quick update. Here is a list of new elements I could find.

post-4755-131289213859.png

DOCK PIECES!!!!!!!!! LDD IS NOW COMPLETE!!!

Edited by Seluryar

DOCK PIECES!!!!!!!!! LDD IS NOW COMPLETE!!!

It will be complete when i get the old technic turn table