Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

Okay, that Japanese fire truck looks more sci-fi than real life 'EM4CZ', but I see it's real....though bear in mind every set has too try and take in different elements from around the world so it will sell well both in Europe and overseas. :classic:

Okay, that Japanese fire truck looks more sci-fi than real life 'EM4CZ', but I see it's real....though bear in mind every set has too try and take in different elements from around the world so it will sell well both in Europe and overseas. :classic:

Morita Truck is only prototype with command center running on windows system, isn´t a full functional fire truck.

Morita Truck is only prototype with command center running on windows system, isn´t a full functional fire truck.

Okay, we realize we are talking about a toy model here right? Regardless of its "inaccuracies", I still think it's way cool. Great pics fellas.

Shame TLG didn't do a whole hospital subtheme, with sets like operating room, x-ray room, intensive care ward, general practitioner, etc. Bonus points if these sets were modular and able to attach to this or another hospital. It would've been more unisex than mining too, what seems to be a concern nowadays thanks to Friends. Though the coming hospital might not be so bad, depending on what details will be inside.

Shame TLG didn't do a whole hospital subtheme, with sets like operating room, x-ray room, intensive care ward, general practitioner, etc. Bonus points if these sets were modular and able to attach to this or another hospital. It would've been more unisex than mining too, what seems to be a concern nowadays thanks to Friends. Though the coming hospital might not be so bad, depending on what details will be inside.

You are right about it not being so bad, maybe there be a black or grey ENT scope like the white one in the Friend's vet clinic. :wink:

the mining sets seem like an odd sub-theme to add. on the one hand Lego goes down the green earth route with recycling trucks and on the other there's this anachronistic mining operation blowing up the mountains presumably not far from the forest the new fire and police dudes are trying to protect. Now if they'd been tunnellers creating a less peace destroying route for intercity trains it would have worked. everyone loves a train tunnel. Or perhaps a quarry for building materials to supply the city with solid foundations for modular buildings. It can't be the modern version of that wild west gold mine as that would have been mined out decades ago.

It's a horrible celebration of greed. just as the criminal in the new police dog van set with his disused mine entrance is a representation of personal greed despite him having a gold mine and somehow producing rubies from it....

I'm not entirely serious here but the whole mining sub-theme is an oddity and though it has some nice vehicles it also looks terrible. Something for the KFOL's I think.

The 'hospital' may be the start of something bigger. perhaps 2013 will yield more medical sets. Not modular perhaps but enough that could be combined to create more of a hospital. there's always a chance that there could be a full modular medical centre. and to be honest a load of white bricks, a load of windows and doors and anyone can have a modern hospital. what people seem to be craving is the interior equipment and accessories. it isn't so much the building but the contents people want. A lot of that could be achieved through smaller sets - nurse/patient/hospital bed/drip stand or patient/surgical gurney/overhead light/heart monitor/anaesthesia monitor. and so on. all the right stuff in sets people can afford.

the mining sets seem like an odd sub-theme to add. on the one hand Lego goes down the green earth route with recycling trucks and on the other there's this anachronistic mining operation blowing up the mountains presumably not far from the forest the new fire and police dudes are trying to protect. Now if they'd been tunnellers creating a less peace destroying route for intercity trains it would have worked. everyone loves a train tunnel. Or perhaps a quarry for building materials to supply the city with solid foundations for modular buildings. It can't be the modern version of that wild west gold mine as that would have been mined out decades ago.

It's a horrible celebration of greed. just as the criminal in the new police dog van set with his disused mine entrance is a representation of personal greed despite him having a gold mine and somehow producing rubies from it....

I'm not entirely serious here but the whole mining sub-theme is an oddity and though it has some nice vehicles it also looks terrible. Something for the KFOL's I think.

The 'hospital' may be the start of something bigger. perhaps 2013 will yield more medical sets. Not modular perhaps but enough that could be combined to create more of a hospital. there's always a chance that there could be a full modular medical centre. and to be honest a load of white bricks, a load of windows and doors and anyone can have a modern hospital. what people seem to be craving is the interior equipment and accessories. it isn't so much the building but the contents people want. A lot of that could be achieved through smaller sets - nurse/patient/hospital bed/drip stand or patient/surgical gurney/overhead light/heart monitor/anaesthesia monitor. and so on. all the right stuff in sets people can afford.

A bit pessimistic, don't you think? Th mining sets make sense to me. If you don't overthink the symbolism of it. With all the blasting, there would be an increased risk of forrest fires, giving the new forrest FD something to do. And with the gold and jewels being mined, there is an opportunity for the bad guys to cause trouble, giving the forrest PD a real purpose. From a play standpoint it makes sense, and it's still more environmentally friendly than a bunch of lumberjack sets would be.

I plan to have a forrest on the outskirts of my town where I would put the police station and these mining sets.

That would have been an option alot of us would have liked to have seen. Who knows maybe that is still to come or the next time they decide to do a medical theme. Would be better than the mining sub theme in my opinion.

One other thing about the hospital. Am I alone in thinking that the doctor wandering around in front of the building looks very sinister? He doesn't even have an ID badge. Totally bogus. The ambulance crew uniform has no medical insignia or ID badge. Oh, and there's a ruddy great helicopter landing on the flimsy ambulance bay roof. What kind of shoddy practises go on at this hospital! *oh2*

Edited by Brickenhead-town-dweller

the mining sets seem like an odd sub-theme to add. on the one hand Lego goes down the green earth route with recycling trucks and on the other there's this anachronistic mining operation blowing up the mountains presumably not far from the forest the new fire and police dudes are trying to protect.

At least it isnt a coal mine!

My thoughts exactly.

That would have been an option alot of us would have liked to have seen. Who knows maybe that is still to come or the next time they decide to do a medical theme. Would be better than the mining sub theme in my opinion.

Hopefully it won't be a long wait. But as I find it unlikely TLG would release a hospital in one wave and wait till the next to release the rest of any medical subtheme, I guess we will have to wait another few years for a new medical subtheme to come around. Maybe I'm too pessimistic though, here's to waiting for 2013 pic leaks!

One other thing about the hospital. Am I alone in thinking that the doctor wandering around in front of the building looks very sinister? He doesn't even have an ID badge. Totally bogus. The ambulance crew uniform has no medical insignia or ID badge. Oh, and there's a ruddy great helicopter landing on the flimsy ambulance bay roof. What kind of shoddy practises go on at this hospital! *oh2*

Lego Town/City healthcare evidently has a low budget. The powers that run the place probably allocate all the money to police and fire. Maybe it's because everyone is made of near-indestructable ABS plastic. :wink:

The last nice hospital has been in 1987.

Agreed.

Seeing as this IS a kids toy...I'm sure it is something for the KFOLs...

Since when does mining equipment in real life look good? I think the new mining sets are cool and are a lot coller than the same old police or firestation

Hmm. The Mining sub-theme does appear very orientated around what KFOL's would like. I think that they don't look half bad, I wanna pick up set 4200 though. It look kinda cool. I guess one of the big reasons not many people are going to buy the summre sets is because they'll be burning their cash on this current wave. I'm holding out for Amazon to stock the Lego Sets for a much cheaper price! This year is going to burn a sizeable hole in my pocket!

I got 4436 the Police Car today and I am very impressed with it. It's one of the neatest and most cohesive designs of cop car there's been in City for a while now. Here's why I think this:

• The proportions are good (not too flat and squashed looking)
  • The details are nice (door mirrors, flashlight, bumper bar)
  • I really like the new colour scheme
  • New roof piece (6x4 rather than the usual 4x4 with curves at both ends)
  • The car fits two minifigures
  • The detail on the new ranger figure is really good. A bit American maybe but a great new minifig nonetheless

The gate/cattle grid is a bit superfluous and I'm bored of the same old villain in every police set now. I would have preferred just the cop and the car and a quid or two off the price.

Still, I'm happy with it and looking forward to finding somewhere with the other new sets in stock too!

Cheers

Rog

I just got the Tipper Truck/Dump Truck yesterday, and I love it! It is easily one of the most realistic models LEGO has made in a while, and it's a superb set for $20 US. I only wish it was a little bigger to match the incredible value of the 3180 Tank Truck.

Thanks rrigs for the Mini-review! You've just swung it for me, i have to get the 4426 Police Car!!

On another note, what really impresses me the most is the fact that this years sets appear to be increased value for money, with the price per piece crashing down from what was about 12p per piece, to about 8 or 9. YAY tlg!!! :D

Edited by Yamon

I just reported over in the Aussie Sales forum that a major toy retailer has listed the mid-year mining sets. :wink:

4200 Mining 4x4 15.99 AU

4201 Loader & Tipper 24.99 AU

4202 Mining Truck 49.99 AU

4203 Excavator Transport 59.99 AU

4204 The Mine 139.99 AU

No medical centre, suspect a store exclusive. :hmpf_bad:

I just reported over in the Aussie Sales forum that a major toy retailer has listed the mid-year mining sets. :wink:

4200 Mining 4x4 15.99 AU

4201 Loader & Tipper 24.99 AU

4202 Mining Truck 49.99 AU

4203 Excavator Transport 59.99 AU

4204 The Mine 139.99 AU

No medical centre, suspect a store exclusive. :hmpf_bad:

Maybe TLG created the theme for all parents in the current Austrailia mining boom :)

Well, after watching a video on Youtube, I have found the new sets that are coming out deeper into 2012. The hospital and photos of other new sets were put out. Let me start with a link to this video. I own no rights to it, and am very shocked to see the sets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV7DpaU1t3U

First off. I love the new hospital. Its fantastic, and would fit perfectly into my city. The problem is, it is small. It somewhat resembles the old one in many ways. A garage, 1 room for the patient, a helicopter, and an office room of some sort, now on to the vehicles included in this new set.

The Ambulance: It resembles a police van somewhat, but it is complete white with 2 red stripes on the bottom part of the vehicle. It is small like something you would get out of the old police sets from 2008. On the back sides of the vehicle there is the City Emergency logo, but instead, now it has a life bar thing running through it.

The Helicopter: It is small, but more realistic than the old one. It resembles set 3222, but has two windows instead of 4. It is also white. With a red stripe on the top of the window and on the bottom.

I cannot say much about the interior of the Hospital itself, but it sure is making a comeback.

Opinions about the set:

It is very small. I would recommend buying two of them, so you have a bigger hospital. :sceptic:

The vehicles look good , but the ambulance included in the set does NOT deserve that big garage. I think the new ambulance (released) would be better to put inside. :tongue:

Last Comments: Overall, the set deserves a :thumbup:

But the size of it is not very good. :thumbdown:

In the price range, this hospital would be about 50-80 dollars.

Everything else included in that video is part of City's new Mining theme. THATS RIGHT. :angry:

They are not very useful at all to your City unless you use them for construction/destruction.

The Advent Calender is very nice though.

Clear images of this set are not released at this time, but a better view of it will be seen when they are.

Thanks for the link Masterbricker321! I love the concept, pity it's so small!! Mine will be heavily modded with extra rooms and probably a bigger vehicle bay when I get it. As for the other sets, I quite like them too, but i think I might settle just for the set with the bobcat in it.

Thanks for the link Masterbricker321! I love the concept, pity it's so small!! Mine will be heavily modded with extra rooms and probably a bigger vehicle bay when I get it. As for the other sets, I quite like them too, but i think I might settle just for the set with the bobcat in it.

Your welcome! I wish they have better photos of it though. I wonder it it comes with new pieces. Well no matter what, we will have to wait for it.

Well, after watching a video on Youtube, I have found the new sets that are coming out deeper into 2012. The hospital and photos of other new sets were put out. Let me start with a link to this video. I own no rights to it, and am very shocked to see the sets.

Please take a look around before posting such topics. We have a 58+ page discussion on 2012 City sets which I've your thread into, so please continue with your thoughts and comments here. Thanks. :sweet:

Wow, should have been paying closer attention, had no idea we've had pictures of the late 2012 sets for a couple of weeks. :sceptic:

I quite like the hospital, it reminds me of the bank, architecturally speaking. I just wished they'd left the helicopter out so they could include more actual hospital...

Unfortunately a mine doesn't belong in my town, and with the forest police, it looks like this year is going to be easy for a wallet. After the last few years, I'm actually looking forward to it.