Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6 Discussion

Spotted series 6 at Fred Meyer today (Pacific Northwest US Retailer). They were going for $2.99 plus there's a coupon in their flyer for 10% off things in the home department which includes toys.

I got 15 (got another Flamenco dancer instead of Lady Liberty.) at the Lego store. Has anyone seen any at Toys R Us?

I don't think these are the first rubbery hair pieces ever made by LEGO. So far, I've not had any problems with the rubbery hair. Hargrid's hair is just fine, for instance.

I mean, I wouldn't leave any LEGO pieces out in the desert sun for any length of time. Under extreme conditions, almost anything rubber or plastic would melt or deform.

What i mean is without leaving them under extreme conditions, after year gone by, those with rubber type will start to get sticky .....

What i mean is without leaving them under extreme conditions, after year gone by, those with rubber type will start to get sticky .....

I don't think so. I keep my old sets in plastic bags in plastic tubs. I haven't had any problems so far with any rubbery pieces getting sticky or deformed. But I've only had some pieces as long as a couple of years so I don't know what the long term effect will be.

Our TRU in Raleigh NC has only Series 5 displayed. No 6 yet. I buy 6 at the Lego Store at Crabtree. Target has none either.

Still have not managed to get a Sleepyhead or Genie. Having a tough time feeling the differences. I do love the 10 different Series 6 figures I have so far!

Hope they arrive in your stores soon!

That's never happened with my Exo-Force hair from as far back as 2006, or with my BIONICLE Krana and Kraata from as far back as 2002. There was at one point a problem (sometime in the mid-2000s I think, although I'm not sure as I didn't encounter it myself) with rubber tires being sticky straight out of the package, but from my experience this isn't something that develops over time-- I have rubber tires from Technic sets of the 90s that are still in roughly the same condition they were in when I got them.

I have not found Series 6 anywhere here in Wichita, KS. They had series 5 at Walgreens and Target during December. Now there is none anywhere! Our TRU has barely any Legos on the shelf. I loved the fact that Walgreens had them because I could pick them up often.

You will need a google account to sign in. After that it's as easy as hitting the "Edit" button, Right clicking to add a Placemark, name the placemark and hit Save. Piece of cheese slope!

Tried to add a location, but no luck. Can't seem to find the edit button (opera/ff). And yes, I was logged in with my G+ account.

Oh well, anyhow.

I just got 2 boxes of the figs, so Yes, they have landed in Finland! \o/

Can i hear a big yay ? :wub:

For fellow AFOLs in .fi.. the price in Prisma was 2,30 eur/bag. Oh yeah, did I say I got 2 boxes of them :D Siwa/Euromarket/Valintatalo 2,29 eur/bag as i got confirmation earlier, and the small toystore I try to use 2,50eur/bag =/

Cashier looked me a bit oddly when i purchased these and said "120 of these" :grin:

EDIT: -tyops, too happy to type right..

Edited by Dervish

My local TRU in Yuma, AZ recently just got a shipment of two full boxes of..... Series 5!!! Wait, what? Yeah, no Series 6 anywhere! :hmpf_bad:

Edited by GuntherThePenguin

The Woodfield Lego store I previously bought some at is already sold out w/ no ETA on new ones w/the exception of a few unknown shipments this week. I also stopped by our TRU and Target stores in the same area w/ no luck.

In Lincoln, NE there is no sign of series 6 anywhere. A few places have a HUGE overflow of series 5 still, so it makes me wonder if they will order any (or a lot less) of series 6 if 5 didn't sell as well as they expected.

The TRU here stated they never know what is on their shipment, but he didn't expect to see them anytime soon. Plus, they were at 3.49 instead of 2.99, so I won't be buying them from there anyway.

We keep checking almost daily. I'm actually a little burned out on the idea and may not buy any, or as many as originally intended.

After going thru the 2 full boxes of the figs...

I'd say skip trying to get the fig wanted via mapping the boxes.

I have exactly the same amounts of figs in both boxes, but in a totally diffirent order.

So no pointers in layout map, just feel the "force" :)

Oh yeah, the boxes had exactly same figs and amounts that WhiteFang mentioned in his review.

EDIT: a slight eary moment felt when going thru first box, middle row from front to back... Genie, Genie, Alien, Alien, Alien, Genie, Alien, and finally something else =D

Edited by Dervish

After going thru the 2 full boxes of the figs...

I'd say skip trying to get the fig wanted via mapping the boxes.

I have exactly the same amounts of figs in both boxes, but in a totally diffirent order.

So no pointers in layout map, just feel the "force" :)

Daanngggg...

This is the question I've wanted answered all along, and I got the only wrong answer! Thanks anyway, I guess I'll have to earn my way through with time & patience.

Daanngggg...

This is the question I've wanted answered all along, and I got the only wrong answer! Thanks anyway, I guess I'll have to earn my way through with time & patience.

Forgot to check out if my boxes had the same order as vaders_child reported in december..

And well, neither of mine, was in the same order as his.

Bought my first three Series 6 figs and for the first time I encountered an error in any CMF series: my Highlander had Minotaur's legs. I suppose that's a single case and not a problem with any complete production run, as I haven't seen any other reports, but who knows - maybe I'm just the first to report, as these haven't been available in Finland for that many days. The identification code of the batch (or that's what I think it is, the number code indented in the same area as the infamous identifying bumps) where my figs came from is 442B1.

So these are completely gone from my area. I missed the ones they had at Target entirely, the few bags left in the single box at TRU are gone, and fivebelow doesn't seem to be carrying them yet. Hope Target gets a fresh load of them soon, an employee there told me the DCPI# is active, so keep checking back.

Just noticed that www.pixmania.com (european shop) has series 6 boxes on sale for 109,90 eur (1.83 eur/bag).

Hit 8827 to the search after country selection.

Too bad I didn't look there earlier, would have saved around 60 euros on my 2 box purchase =/

After giving up half way through Series 5 due to getting too many duplicates, I decided to get serious with Series 6. I focused on a single box with a single batch number (539B1) at my local Smyths toy store. I primarily used the bump codes to avoid duplicates, occasionally needing to resort to the touch test. It worked pretty well; I got all 16 with only 1 duplicate, a Highlander with an extra bump on the bag I missed the first time around.

I really like this set. There are some very unique pieces with the Butcher, Sleepyhead, Roman Soldier, Lady Liberty, Surgeon, Minotaur, Genie and Clockwork Robot. I think the likes of the Intergalactic Girl, Bandit and Skater Girl have been done to death.

I completed my 'for display' collection with 100% accuracy via 'groping'.

I've found that the minotaur is the easiest to find, due to his huge head. The 'giveaway' for Lady Liberty is the 1x2 tile, since it easily slides down to the corner of the bag and is super-easy to feel.

Personal fave fig at this point is the bandit. Totally lovin' on his print, the dark red bandana and the black pistols.

Anyone able to give me some insight on the best place to buy a case over here in the US of A?

Nowhere, yet. I've only seen remnants of 2 cases, one at a Target and one at TRU, and then nothing since. Nothing at Walmart, nothing at Fivebelow.

I went to Toys R Us and just one box they have, I check one by one and according with my fingers I find the 16 minifigures, at home I found that I made a mistake with just one :wacko: So I will try to find the Space Girl next time.

Roman Soldier is the best for me :wub:

I got 15 (got another Flamenco dancer instead of Lady Liberty.) at the Lego store. Has anyone seen any at Toys R Us?

Yes Jack! just one box in Toys R Us in Calexico, CA.

I primarily used the bump codes to avoid duplicates, occasionally needing to resort to the touch test.

I think you might be one of the only people to use the bump codes!! Feeling is much faster than trying to figure out the bump codes, especially with variances in batch numbers.

Once you figure out the accessories to feel for, you can eliminate things pretty quickly when working through a box going by feel.