XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

for those who manage to catch the lego starwars padawan menance, it featured the Malevolence.. i really wonder whether this will actually become a set?

if you have not catch the movie.. i suggest watching it first.. :)

[snip]

As I said in the other thread, not unless TLG is molding a bunch of new curved bricks.

I think we saw that already.

We did.

But then again would you prefer brick-built wings or Mega Blok style <insert that tiresome argument> wing panels ? :wink:

Indeed. The old System TIEs' wings were only a half-plate thinner than these.
First rule of LEGO rumors: Never ever believe anything on YouTube.

The only way we could make the panels thinner than one to two plates is if we were to place fabric (like ship's sails) in between a frame of one plate or one bar's thickness.

The old System TIEs' wings were only a half-plate thinner than these.

It'll sink in eventually Doc. :wink:

It'll sink in eventually Doc. default_blink.gif

Frankly, I think Doc is right. People are stressing about minute details. It's nearly impossible to make the TIE that thin and still look good. Half a plate is not worth giving up a great set like this, nor is it worht all the fuss people are making over it.

Upon closer examination, you are right. I thought the black plates were level with the outside tiles, making the wings 1.5 plates bigger. My bad. I'm buying it either way, but glad it's not as thick as I thought.

Frankly, I think Doc is right. People are stressing about minute details. It's nearly impossible to make the TIE that thin and still look good. Half a plate is not worth giving up a great set like this, nor is it worht all the fuss people are making over it.

Leave us accuracy sticklers alone. :tongue:

In all seriousness, overall it doesn't seem like there are very many people concerned about this, and we all know there are plenty of alternatives. An even better alternative? Build in a larger scale!

Besides, before we worry about how thick a plate is we need to do something about that blocky cockpit ball. :laugh:

The only way we could make the panels thinner than one to two plates is if we were to place fabric (like ship's sails) in between a frame of one plate or one bar's thickness.

I've always dreamed of those rigid panels like in the big Mars rover set returning in many shapes and colors. Half-plate thick wings, anyone? :wub:

Besides, before we worry about how thick a plate is we need to do something about that blocky cockpit ball. :laugh:

Lowell sphere needed!

And yes, I know it will work and look good. I had a 5-wide Lowell sphere with fully integrated TIE cockpit and a pair of SNOT TIE/ln wings, which I'm still working on, but a ton of the parts, um, ended up in my AT-ST, which I'm not about to disassemble. :blush:

I've always dreamed of those rigid panels like in the big Mars rover set returning in many shapes and colors. Half-plate thick wings, anyone? :wub:

It would look rather <insert that tiresome argument> (and may not have much use otherwise), but that certainly is an idea.

With 2012 i believe we will see more Ep.1 (Phantom menace) sets realized because in 2012 Ep.1 comes out on 3D at the cinema so Lego Will most likely want to take advantage of that and make money on that realize

I think it is possible that we get a $25 AOTC set in the January wave. We did get the Battle of Naboo last January. I'm having trouble thinking what it could be though. In the summer wave, I think they could do an AOTC wave, with a Gunship for $120, an AT-TE for $90, and a Slave 1 for $80, followed by Clone and Droid BP's in 2013's January wave. It seems like a good time to begin a new generation of Clone Army Builder kiddies for TLG. I'm just not sure if we will see another MTT. Call me crazy, but I'm really not feeling that they will do a remake of that set. If they do the same as this year though, and add a 7th set to the summer wave for $140 (the MF), instead of the usual 6 sets, then that will probably be an MTT. There is no way it will have the same price of $100. That was a miracle, and a price of $140 would be much more realistic for an MTT.

Also, I'm interested in what the set with Queen Amidala will be. It could either be a Theed playset, or a Royal Starship. The starship would either be $60 (unlikely), or a retailer exclusive ($40-$80). More realistic would be a small Theed playset for $25, like the Echo Base $25 set, or a $60 set or a retailer exclusive with a tan AAT and some scenery. Or, she could be part of the mysterious second 2011 LEGO Exclusive.

I think it is possible that we get a $25 AOTC set in the January wave. We did get the Battle of Naboo last January. I'm having trouble thinking what it could be though.

Hailfire Droid and Dwarf Spider Droid sold for $19.99, as did the Homing Spider Droid. Those could be good $25 army builders.

a Slave 1 for $80

I doubt we'd get another Slave 1 after having Boba's in 2010.

Also, Is it confirmed that there are flick-fire missiles on The TIE Fighter?

Edited by Lord Of The Fries

Also, Is it confirmed that there are flick-fire missiles on The TIE Fighter?

Pretty much. We can see the holder, the tip, and the space. Plus if those tips weren't flick-fires, there would be no need for the attachment to include the 2x2 plate with two Technic holes. The version with one hole would work better.

Finally,I have been waiting for an Armadala fig for so long :D I mean what good is naboo security without somebody to keep secure?

Looks like it will be a great year for Lego Starwars and glad to see the contract continued.

Perhaps a sad year for my poor wallet though.

In the summer wave, I think they could do an AOTC wave, with a Gunship for $120, an AT-TE for $90, and a Slave 1 for $80, followed by Clone and Droid BP's in 2013's January wave. It seems like a good time to begin a new generation of Clone Army Builder kiddies for TLG.

Sorry, but TLC is focusing on the Phantom Menace 3D release. Also, they just made a Gunship, AT-TE, and even more recently a Slave I. We definitely won't see any AOTC sets.

Back to the confirmed sets- that TIE is absolutely stunning. Snot work on TIE wings? Who woulda thought TLC would be capable of such a thing! :grin:

Sorry, but TLC is focusing on the Phantom Menace 3D release. Also, they just made a Gunship, AT-TE, and even more recently a Slave I. We definitely won't see any AOTC sets.

Back to the confirmed sets- that TIE is absolutely stunning. Snot work on TIE wings? Who woulda thought TLC would be capable of such a thing! :grin:

Yes, but in 2013, AOTC will be released in 3D, and in summer of 2012, they could focus on AOTC, just like how in summer of 2011, they focused on PM.

Don't forget that it's also the 10th anniversary of AotC in 2012. We could get a rehash of the Tusken Raider or Bounty Hunter Pursuit sets, maybe just as a teaser of what will come next.

Don't forget that it's also the 10th anniversary of AotC in 2012. We could get a rehash of the Tusken Raider or Bounty Hunter Pursuit sets, maybe just as a teaser of what will come next.

Well, they didn't release a single TPM set for the tenth anniversary in 2009.

I am really excited by this TIE and the figures. Hopefully this is a sign of another great year like 2006 for TLC's Star Wars sets...

We definitely need some more AOTC sets. We haven't seen any System-style sets from it in almost 10 years...!

We definitely need some more AOTC sets. We haven't seen any System-style sets from it in almost 10 years...!

We may not have had AOTC specific sets but we've certainly had many models of vehicles, craft, droids and of course, characters that have featured in AOTC such as the Geonosian Fighter, AT-TE, Republic Gunship, Homing Spider Droid, Dooku's Solar Sailer & Spider Droid, etc. I guess the only difference would be the different style faces. In a sense you could say that AOTC has actually been very well covered.

I wouldn't completely discount the possibility of AotC sets this year. While I'm sure there will be a strong emphasis on The Phantom Menace, given the 3-D release, keep in mind that LEGO Star Wars has a strong emphasis on that film's contents as of the beginning of this year, a full year in advance. I imagine the reason may be to have more than one wave of TPM sets on store shelves in time for the re-rlease, something that is not an option with releases of new movies.

So in the same vein, TLG might release at least a few AotC sets next year, to gain the same advantage in 2013. The only thing that makes me a little uncertain is that contents of sets based on AotC tend to overlap with the contents of CW sets. So TLG might think it more practical to just keep releasing CW sets of vehicles that happen to feature in AotC. Of course, with certain contents like droids it really doesn't make a difference either way.

Anyway, I'm personally mighty impressed with the new TIE fighter. The cockpit seems sort of misshapen, but I appreciate the creative building techniques used for the solar panels. The minifigures in that set are also nice-- TIE pilots with faces are a good thing, the R4-style droid is a cool prospect, and the Amidala minifigure is much overdue. I'm not totally sure what set she'd come in-- while a Theed Palace set would be nice, it might easily be as thoroughly rejected as other location-based sets like Echo Base this year. And a royal starship would be a surprise, since it has its color as well as its shape working against it as far as set design is concerned.

A set with that much chrome has always been a pipe dream as I see it, and a set with the same abundance of metallic silver (298 Cool Silver drum lacquered) hasn't been seen since Agents. I don't think many people would be satisfied with the new pearl silver color (315 Silver Metallic, which Bricklink calls Flat Silver), and I'm not even totally sure how well it would work since it hasn't been seen in many basic elements the way pearl gold (297 Warm Gold) has in recent themes. Gray would be an unbelievable disappointment.

Overall, though, I'm excited about what we might be due next year. This year's TPM sets, particularly the podracers, got me excited about Star Wars sets like no sets before them. I'm still trying to decide how much of a discount would be enough for me to break down and buy some of them. Here's hoping next year continues to show that the designers of LEGO Star Wars sets have improved since the early days when I was a buyer as well as a fan.

I wouldn't completely discount the possibility of AotC sets this year. While I'm sure there will be a strong emphasis on The Phantom Menace, given the 3-D release, keep in mind that LEGO Star Wars has a strong emphasis on that film's contents as of the beginning of this year, a full year in advance. I imagine the reason may be to have more than one wave of TPM sets on store shelves in time for the re-rlease, something that is not an option with releases of new movies.

I agree. I think, though, that if we do see Clones sets next year, we won't see as many as there were Menace sets this year. We already have three subthemes, Menace, CW, and OT, going for the latest wave, and one of those themes (OT) is down to a couple sets. There isn't really room for a huge Clones wave. Unless, of course, Menace sets are making their final appearance in the Winter 2012 release, and Clones will take its place for the Summer 2012 wave.