WhiteFang

REVIEW: 8805 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5

On a scale of 1 to 5  

247 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 5?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. After reading this review and seeing actual images, do you like Series 5 now?

4. 4. Right now, what is the best released LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

Thank you very much for this great review, WhiteFang! :classic:

I voted for

above average :thumbup:

since this series includes many cool minifigures (e. g. gladiator, soldier, graduate) but even some which aren't that exciting (e. g. dwarf and fitness trainer) or which include wrong or not that fitting accessory (e. g. the metallic buckler for the gladiator).

Which is even very bad is that this series will be 0,50 Euros per minifigure more than the previous ones (although the minifigures don't have more accessory). :thumbdown:

All in all,

series 4 is my favourite series

so far.

I found the review

very helpful

and

yes, I plan to buy some of these minifigures

included in this series.

The "top three" minfigures of series 5 are for me:

1. gladiator

2. mobster

3. soldier

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

The more I look at these pictures, the more I'm beginning to think I want all of Series 5 - and up to now I've only gotten my absolute favorites, but almost every single fig in this series has something I could use. Except for maybe a couple historical ones and the dinosaur suit guy, but I suppose my townsfolk could always have a costume party in the park...

Thank you guys for your nice comments! :blush:

Holodoc, actually for Singapore, there will be a price increase for Series 5 and I find it hard to accept this sad fact especially when we now are paying quite hefty for it. I think it is another 25% to 30% based on the previous SRP. I just felt there is little we can do to influence it and would only hope for that these new minifigures will only be better and unique for us to continue collecting.

And though this might be a dumb question, the pie is a open stud right?

Yes, it is open stud right below the pie.

I forgot to say before, Fangy, but I think this photo is brilliant:

23.jpg

I'd been wanting to do something similar with the magnifying glass for a long time. :wub:

This review is amazing as much as the minifigures!

Thank you WhiteFang! I really liked the all thing: photos, mini-dioramas, comments...

Can't wait to put my hands on those dwarves and dinos!

Hello!

A great review of the new figures, thank you! :classic:

I am looking most forward to get the new Godzilla minifigure which will be a very useful figure for mini builders like me. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

This is an awesome review... with very detailed and insightful comparison.

I particularly like the pictures you took - the quality is superb!!

I look forward to buying all the minifigs in this series 5 :laugh:

for me, and I have thought about this very serious, this is the best series until now :)

Thumbs up !!! Very good review !!!

I will buy a box since there's 3 sets. This is the first time I am buying a box.

I live in Singapore same country as Whitefang.

It costs 4.50 SGD in our country fromt he previous 3.90 SGD.

It costs 270 SGD to buy in our country for a box (60 minifigs)

Of course since I am a member, I am entitled to a 10 percent discount.

I got all the information from www.bricksworld.com which is a LEGO shop in our country.

From july to december, 2 sets are my must buy this set and the lego winter post office. That postoffice looks awesome !!!

Edited by LEGO AFOL

Thanks for the great review! Is the zookeeper's hair regular reddish brown? That could come in handy.

I'm still conflicted about the lumberjack's shirt. I do love the detail; however, it makes all other shirts with patterns on them look bad, to an extent that even back printing didn't do. I had this same qualm with the mime--these minifigures have striped or checked sleeves, which is great until I put them next to a minifigure wearing shirts like this one or this one or this one, for example (or even if you put him next to the detective from the same series!). It even makes me pause when I use yellow arms to represent short sleeves. If we could get common torsos like these with printed sleeves (and even some printed short sleeves!), I would like the lumberjack a lot better.

Edited by Mariko

Wow! I'm very late to this review!

Thanks for it WhiteFang. These figures are in such high demand I don't know if I want to collect all the series or not.

I do like the figures, especially the boxer and graduate. I guess I was right with the boxer having gloves attached right to the hand!

Currently I need ot finish up series 4. And since this is coming out next month, I think I'll wait and buy a complete set of ebay or buy only the ones I want.

Thanks Again for this stunning review! :classic:

Thanks for the great review WhiteFang :thumbup:

I think series 4 is the best so far but this one has some cool figs as well.

I particularity like the Zoo Keeper and Lumber jack.

Edited by Macoco

Those boxing gloves are interesting, before I saw this I expected them to connect like the cheerleader's pom-poms, not connect like a hand, I wonder if Lego will make more hand alternatives.

Thanks for the excellent review! I am really looking forward to the dwarf & gladiator. Glad they are 3 per box vs the previously reported 2 per box. I wish the Aerobics instructor had different color hair.

I love the mobster fig. I guess it is time for a 20's era diorama. I guarantee you that I will be buying up lots of them once they become available. Get ready BL dealers, make me an offer I can't refuse! :wink:

So glad to see some additions to the classical era! The gladiator and Egyptian queen are a must-have for me. Now we have even a half-decent Roman sword too.

What series will the Roman Legionaries and Centurions be in? :laugh: Seriously, I can't wait.

Anyways, once again thanks for the detailed review. Although I'm curious about this:

Design: 9.5/10 (Very detailed parts and accessories such as the palette, ornamental fan, etc Also include back printing for some other minifigures.)

Since I didn't notice either of those accessories anywhere in this review... :wink:

haha i changed my mind, this will be the best series i think.

I saw somewhere this series is out on 20-july, I am gonna check if I can get in europe.

Very lovely figures. I think, i have to buy all of them! And i really need the graduate twice...one for my collection and one with a customised female head for my girlfriend, when she finishes her academic studies. :laugh:

another great review from you White fang! Thank you so much!

I am not a collector of those minifigs as such, but the guard, gladiator and dwarf will be mine one day :)

I've moved a few posts across to the Series 5 Discussion.

Please use this thread to comment on the review, or the figures in the context of the review. Use the discussion thread to talk about availability, prices, and general thoughts on the figures. Otherwise we have the same discussion going on twice.

Thanks!