Hey everyone,

So, I've been a member for a while now, but I've been too lazy to make a video and take some good pictures of my tractor. This is my first moc since my dark ages, and I had a lot of learning to do. This is my first moc using PF components, as well as building with studless pieces. It took forever. :laugh:

I present my Case Steiger 335. It is remote controlled and includes 8 motors, as well as pneumatics.

case_steiger.jpg

Functions:

Drive - 2XL motors

Steer - M motor

PTO - M motor

Pneumatic valves - 3 M motors

Pneumatic compressor - M motor

Front view:

picture3.jpg

Rear view:

picture10.jpg

3-point hitch:

picture8.jpg

Naked chassis:

picture17.jpg

Underside:

picture21.jpg

I built the tractor in several different modules. This came in handy since I had to rebuild most of the modules multiple times. Here is one of the modules with the 3 pneumatic valves:

picture25.jpg

And another module with the steering mechanism:

picture29.jpg

The disk:

picture32.jpg

The Mower:

picture9.jpg

More pictures in my Brickshelf Gallery.

I'm not good at making movies, especially on Window's Movie Maker, but here is a short movie I put together. Ignore the typo at the end...that's what I get for posting a video while I'm tired. :cry_sad:

I'm pretty happy with how this moc turned out. My only complaint is that the wheels I used are a little too small and it throws the proportions off. Oh well...

Daniel

edit: Dang it, ignore my typo in the title...I need to go to bed. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by dhc6twinotter

There are many Case 335s operating in the wheat fields near where I live, and I can vouch that your MOC is quite realistic! :thumbup:

steiger_335.jpg

Nice MOC there!

Really like the way you "pictured" the individual modules!

It 's nice to view the way you made this.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliments!

Great tractor !

Can you tell me how much does it weight please?

Sorry, I don't know exactly how much it weighs. My digital scale doesn't weigh things this light. I'll try to find a better scale for weighing mocs.

There are many Case 335s operating in the wheat fields near where I live, and I can vouch that your MOC is quite realistic! :thumbup:

Thanks for posting that picture! I spent several hours looking at photos of the Steiger for this build. I wanted it as realistic as possible. If only I had different wheels... :grin:

Nice MOC there!

Really like the way you "pictured" the individual modules!

It 's nice to view the way you made this.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks! I have the rest of the modules pictured in my Brickshelf Gallery, but I don't think it has been made public yet. I'm not sure how long it takes to be made public, but if you would like, I can post pictures of the other main modules.

Great tractor !

Can you tell me how much does it weight please?

Hey GuiliuG, I just got the tractor weighed. The tractor itself, with no attachments, weighs 6.2 pounds (2.8 kilograms).

Nice MOC. I like the fact that you were able to make all the functions remote controlled. Do you know how many disks did you use for building the attachment?

Nice MOC. I like the fact that you were able to make all the functions remote controlled. Do you know how many disks did you use for building the attachment?

Thanks grohl! I used 100 disks for the attachment. My original plans were to build a different type of disk that used three rows of disks instead of two (for a total of 150 disks), but in the end, I decided on this design. There are another two disks for the top and bottom of the air intake.

Are those pneumatic valves non-stalling and autocentering? I'm having some problems making my latest remote control pneumatic project because the autovalves with independent pumps are horrible spacehogs so i was wondering if you have somehow managed to solve the problem and not kill the M-motors if used for longer periods of time and still not leave the pneumatic switches open after use.

Are those pneumatic valves non-stalling and autocentering? I'm having some problems making my latest remote control pneumatic project because the autovalves with independent pumps are horrible spacehogs so i was wondering if you have somehow managed to solve the problem and not kill the M-motors if used for longer periods of time and still not leave the pneumatic switches open after use.

Hey Ultimario, the pneumatic valves are non-stalling but are not auto-centering. The white clutch gears keep the motor from stalling once the pneumatic valves have hit their limit. I had to use some gear reduction between the clutch and the valve. If I did not have the gear reduction, the clutch gears would not have enough resistance to turn the valve. With this setup, I have no concerns about burning out my motors.

Unfortunately, I did not have enough space to make an auto-centering mechanism, nor do I know exactly how to do this. Also, the ability to stop the pneumatic cylinders midway wasn't really necessary on this project. I would like to experiment and see if I can come up with a solution for this though. Maybe I'll try to figure this out for one of my current projects, a Bobcat A300.

Edited by dhc6twinotter

I present my Case Steiger 335. It is remote controlled and includes 8 motors, as well as pneumatics.

Your video says 7.

Anyway, quite impressive and a job well done :thumbup:

Your video says 7.

Anyway, quite impressive and a job well done :thumbup:

Thanks Bartholomew. You are correct, my video does indeed list 7. It appears I forgot to list the additional motor. I think next time I make a video, I should do it while I'm more awake...rofl.

There are 2 XL motors for the drive. One in front of the front axle, and the other is above the rear axle. Both motors are visible in the pictures.

Thanks for the compliment! :thumbup:

Edited by dhc6twinotter

BTW, I should mention that the clicks you hear in the video are not gears grinding. The clicks are coming from the dials on my variable speed remote. I have no issues with gears slipping.

Impressive MOC i like the functionality you build in the design, for example the two different things you mounted behind de model.

Impressive MOC i like the functionality you build in the design, for example the two different things you mounted behind de model.

Nice model. Both looks and functions are good !

Thanks! I appreciate the compliments!

I hate to bring up such an old topic but I am almost finished building this MOC and it is fantastic. Very well designed and good functions!! When I first saw this tractor I knew I had to build it and I am glad I did(had to fit it in between other builds). I tried different tires to bring this tractor to a better scale. I thought power puller would do but decided to stick with what you had. I just PM'd you for some help.

I hate to bring up such an old topic but I am almost finished building this MOC and it is fantastic. Very well designed and good functions!! When I first saw this tractor I knew I had to build it and I am glad I did(had to fit it in between other builds). I tried different tires to bring this tractor to a better scale. I thought power puller would do but decided to stick with what you had. I just PM'd you for some help.

It's great that somebody else is building this. This was my first moc in a very long time though, so it's definitely not as great as many others on the forum. I do really like the modular approach I took with this build though, and in some ways, it is my favorite moc that I've built. The newer tires from the Xerion should look much better on this tractor, especially with the the hood being a bit longer than it should be.

I just replied to your PM too.