KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

I got 75053 The Ghost at Walmart for $19.88 plus tax. It was supposed to be $90 but due to an error in ad that I didn't know, they allowed me to buy one (was a last one) and they put up ad correction notice. The ad expires tonight. The ad came in either Sunday newspaper or at the front of stores, it was a 4 page 1-sheet ad paper just for toys.

The correct ad was that 75048 was on sale for 19.88 instead of the usual $25 but they used picture of The Ghost by mistake.

I'd imagine by now all of the stores have the correction notices up and will not sell the set for the ad price but if you were there with the ad paper and the store hadn't put the correction notice up, you likely could get one.

a little bit of a haul, SW2014 advent calendar. then i swung by target and picked up 3 star destroyers on sale, taxes in the price was still lower than the regular one before taxes! and 2 other non-sw sets. i'm going to have a lengthy christmas break from school so i'm making sure i have plenty to do :)

21050 Architecture Studio. And for those of you who think I'm off-topic, let's put it this way: 21050 Hoth Diorama Pack :grin:

21050 Architecture Studio. And for those of you who think I'm off-topic, let's put it this way: 21050 Hoth Diorama Pack :grin:

although I applaud your justification I can't help but think you over paid for those parts. there had to be cheaper ways to get them.

although I applaud your justification I can't help but think you over paid for those parts. there had to be cheaper ways to get them.

Well, if you go to rebrickable.com and search that set, it will offer you the possibility to bricklink the parts. All vendors I saw that offer 90%+ of the needed parts start at around 190€, so no, I don't think so. Well, ok, I could have broken it down to smaller lots from cheaper sellers, but heck, I was in a town with a Lego store, there was double VIP points and I got some big book with it. Not really revealing secrets of the Master Builders, but potentially interesting at parts...

Got myself a 75043 AT-AP for 49.90€ and a 9493 Xwing to go with my Tie Fighter/Awing/Bwing...need to get an Ywing now :)

Just ordered the Darth Revan minifig for a relatively cheap price, my TOR collection will be soon complete, only missing the Defender-class Jedi cruiser.

The Star Wars Character Encyclopedia......€ 10,99 at a local bookfair.

Bought it for the minifig (I already have Celebration Luke and Celebration Leia); the book is a nice extra.

I'm rebuilding my collection from scratch so: 75021 , 8039, 75012, 75002, 10195, 75019, and several battle packs.

So, I'm usually a city, modular, architecture, etc. guy. In the last few years, I've gone from o bricks to approximately 80,000 plus. Anyway, I've always avoided Star Wars because I knew it was "trouble," and I already have a hard time explaining my rapidly growing collection of bricks to my wife (she takes it in stride though). But, I love the movies and had nothing to get from the other themes lately so I finally took the plunge. In the last 24 hours, I picked up the following:

9493 X-Wing Starfighter

9492 TIE Fighter

75054 AT-AT

75055 Imperial Star Destroyer

75049 Snowspeeder

The Falcon and Ewok Village are next on my radar.

I just ordered the 10236 Ewok Village as a christmas present to me from my fiancé :)

Really looking forward to it.

I recently bought the 75038 Jedi Interceptor. I was initially torn between that and the 75048 Phantom and I went with the Interceptor in the end because it seemed quite a bit bigger. I was really pleased wit it - first jedi interceptor set I've built and I thought it was a pretty good build and the minifigs - especially the new R2 - are really nice. However, I just couldn't shake the feeling that I still wanted the Phantom so I went and bought that too. After building it the one thing I was surprised by was that it actually feels slightly bigger than it seems on the box, and is hardly any smaller than the interceptor when its wings are open. It's a really nicely designed ship and feels quite reminiscent of both a Y-wing and a Lambda shuttle.

I really like the Phantom (and the Ghost) they look and feel.....fun- for want of a better word.

The only thing I dislike about the Phatom is that you can't fit Hera (or Zeb, or any figure with anything other than hair for that matter) and close the cockpit which my 4 yr old son wasn't happy about after watching the latest Rebels episode.

I picked up the Falcon at Target for $30 less than S@H, and I'm ordering the Ewok Village over the Thanksgiving weekend in order to get the second winter giveaway. Now that I got a decent start with ships and such, I need to turn my attention to all the figures I've missed over the years and eventually the Death Star. I knew this was a bad decision (for my wallet) to expand into Star Wars!

I picked up 75046 Coruscant Police Gun Ship, 75052 Mos Eisley Cantina, 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer, 75058 MTT and 10236 Ewok Village while on vacation. I've built all but the Village and so far the Police Gunship is my favorite. I'm not disappointed with any of them, though. The minifig selection is fantastic. :grin:

New member here (details will follow).

I recently bought 10188 - the Death Star ....

Edited by the_colonel