KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

15 hours ago, Per_SW said:

Good to know it uses only parts that are already included, I'll check it out :)

Yeah, follow the video step by step.  You'll notice the mistake with the hinge clips when you try to attach the wings.  After I corrected that, I tweaked things to my liking and added the leftover pieces.  They're mostly black pieces, so you can add them to the wings and they will blend in.  There will be 8 of those bracket pieces with the studs on the outside leftover.  Those can be utilized to keep the wings from folding in too much.  Just play around with it and see what tweaks you would like to make overall, but it's definitely a good base to work with.

I've bought some more minifigs from Bricklink, starting with Dengar (SW0751). I want to collect all the Bounty Hunters from the bridge of the Star Destroyer in ESB. I just need Bossk & IG-88 now.

Six more SW0585 Stormtroopers, which makes a total of thirty six in my collection of my favourite version & very nearly at target of forty.

Four Imperial Hovertank Pilots (Imperial Tank Troopers) (SW0795), which I plan to crew the two Imperial Troop Transports (75311) in August.

Also a lot of Dark Grey Tiles for the flooring of my upcoming Imperial Base MOC. :classic:

Darth Vader's Helmet, it looks way better in real life than in the pictures and is my favourite helmet build so far.

13 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

I've bought some more minifigs from Bricklink, starting with Dengar (SW0751). I want to collect all the Bounty Hunters from the bridge of the Star Destroyer in ESB. I just need Bossk & IG-88 now.

There's a battle pack that had Dengar, Bossk, IG-88, and 4-Lom, I don't know if the price has gone up on bricklink but it was pretty cheap as of a year or two ago.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There's a battle pack that had Dengar, Bossk, IG-88, and 4-Lom, I don't know if the price has gone up on bricklink but it was pretty cheap as of a year or two ago.

Ah, the Bounty Hunter Speeder Bike Battle Pack (75167). :classic:

Bid home a 10019 for a bargain on a Swedish site today. Bought it to replace my current one that is in so-so condition as it was one of the first models i bought for my collection. Have thankfully become more pickyt now the condition of the bricks.

I picked up 75264 Kylo Ren’s Shuttle micro fighter mainly for the mini fig. I’ve added a cloak from a spare Syndrome I had lying around. 

75299 Trouble on Tattoine, 10% off, local dealer

75304 Darth Vader helmet, 10% off, local dealer

Went into a planet frenzy on ebay. 9674, 9677, 9676, 9675, planets only for €5 plus shipping. 9674, 9678 and 9679, sealed, €26.50 + shipping. And i HAD to buy the 10-lot of sealed 9678 for €50. Boxes not perfect, but...whatever ^^

Finished the AT-AT, love it. Thinking about trying to combine it with 10178 to make a more accurate looking walking walker, just to see what happens. 

Still had the build bug though so picked up the 2021 X-Wing 25% off RRP. I’ve become the very collector I swore I never would, buying a ship I already have just for a single figure (Dodonna ofc but also great to get another Leia). I have the 2018 X-Wing (built as Bigg’s version to justify another OT X-Wing to myself) as well as the 3 sequel versions, the 2021 set is easily my least favourite of the lot, it’s small and the wing mechanism feels a lot looser than the others. I appreciate the lack of rubber bands, especially because I can’t help myself from playing with the wings and I’ve had to replace the bands on the other ships because I wore them out, but I would’ve much preferred a scaled down version of the scissor mechanism from the UCS version. Or even just ratchet joints would’ve been fine by me. Landing gear is disappointing too. I also feel like this build could’ve been made even smaller to knock it down from an $80rrp to something like $60. 

Complaints aside I still think it’s a good set and it’s an excellent pickup for anyone who doesn’t have an X-Wing yet. But if there’s anyone who has older sets, is on the fence about it and thinking of grabbing it just for Dodonna I would recommend against it tbh since he is relatively cheap on the aftermarket. If you’re chasing the Luke variant and Leia as well then it’s worth it to get the full set imo.

On 6/29/2021 at 5:31 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Just bought Slave One (UCS) off ebay. Got it for a good price and it's 100% complete with all figs in mint condition, can't wait for it to arrive.

Very nice indeed! :classic:

I built the Luke Skywalker's Landspeeder (75271) set last night.

It was a lovely little build & I'm impressed with the look of the Landspeeder. The Luke minifig is nice too.

Prisma have a bunch of sets on a 25%-ish discount and I nearly picked up another TIE fighter, but went for Trouble on Tatooine for 20EUR instead. Not a bad deal for my first Mando and Grogu, as well as another Tusken raider to add to my growing collection.

On 7/2/2021 at 1:48 AM, Sarah_H7744 said:

Very nice indeed! :classic:

Thanks!

On 7/2/2021 at 6:42 AM, Sarah_H7744 said:

I built the Luke Skywalker's Landspeeder (75271) set last night.

It was a lovely little build & I'm impressed with the look of the Landspeeder. The Luke minifig is nice too.

They're oft-scorned sets due to how many lego makes, but the landspeeder models are really quite nice builds.

4 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Prisma have a bunch of sets on a 25%-ish discount and I nearly picked up another TIE fighter, but went for Trouble on Tatooine for 20EUR instead. Not a bad deal for my first Mando and Grogu, as well as another Tusken raider to add to my growing collection.

It is a great set, especially if you didn't have mando and grogu yet.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

20 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

They're oft-scorned sets due to how many lego makes, but the landspeeder models are really quite nice builds.

Yes, it was a surprisingly nice build & looks great on display.

I also had £20 worth of Amazon gift vouchers, so it only cost me £3.67. I'll call that a bargain! :classic:

I wouldn't call it a SET per se, but I ordered Din Dijarin and Grogu, plus some other accessories, from Bricklink and they finally arrived the other day. I've since been going ham in my basement trying to build a decent starship model for them.

I've been having a little Bricklink minifig shopping spree & very satisfying it was. :classic:

My Imperial Forces yet continue to grow even larger.
Four Imperial Death Troopers (SW0807) - I've been wanting these for ages, especially since I've been re-watching Reebels & Rogue One recently. I'm very happy indeed to add these to my Imperial Army.

Four Stormtroopers (SW0585) - At long last I've reached my target of forty of my favourite version of Stormtrooper minifigs. Yay!!

An Imperial Astromech Droid R2-Q5 (SW0213) - Another nice addition to my Droid collection.

One Mouse Droid (MSE-6-series Repair Droid) (SW0156a) - My Imperial Army most definitely needs one of these cute little Droids.

An IG-88 (SW0968) minifig for my ESB Star Destroyer bridge Bounty Hunter mini collection. I now just need the Bossk (Olive Green) (SW0828) minifig.

One Jawa (Gold Badge) (SW0590) minifig - I got my first Jawa (Tattered Shirt) (SW0897) with my recent Luke Skywalker's Landspeeder (75271) set purchase & I thought he needed a friend, Lol. I wanted a different version Jawa though.
I'm also planning to build a mini Tatooine display using Luke's Landspeeder set at some point in the future, including four Tusken Raiders (SW1074) & two Banthas. I may even rebuild my modified Tusken hut made from the two TOT Mando sets I bought earlier in the year.

An Astromech Droid R4-P17 (SW0456) - I've always liked the look of Obi Wan's Astromech & it makes lovely addition to my Droid collection.

I have been neglecting my Separatist Forces for quite a while now, but these are a good start.
Two Droideka (SW0447) builds - Every Separatist Droid Army needs some of these! The builds aren't perfect, but I think I can mod them easily to look much better.

Four Battle Droids (SW0001c) - These will make a total of twenty-four of this version in my collection. I need quite a few more to make a proper Droid Army though.

I like to keep a good stock of minifig weapons, so I also bought 10 Small Blasters, 20 Short Blasters & 6 Long Blasters.

Just ordered the Mos Eisley Cantina. Australian prices can be a pain at times but a Myer sale combined with Cash Rewards bonus and a couple of membership coupons bought the price down by more than 30%.

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Found an unopened copy of 75089: Geonosis Troopers at a local shop for it's RRP. Decided to pick it up, I know we haven't seen these troopers in canon yet, but I like'em so I got them.

Very nice, that was a lucky find. :classic:

2 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Just ordered the Mos Eisley Cantina. Australian prices can be a pain at times but a Myer sale combined with Cash Rewards bonus and a couple of membership coupons bought the price down by more than 30%.

Fab, the Mos Eisley Cantina set is very nice indeed.
Well done, for purchasing the set at a bargain price. 

I was sent a free First Order General (Admiral) (SW0715) minifig with my last Bricklink minifig haul.

I don't own, or plan to buy any Sequel Trilogy themed sets, therefore this minifig is quite useless to me.

I'm wondering if I were to buy a Imperial Officer's Cap (Item No: 16497pb03) to replace the First Order Officer's Cap, would I be comfortable using the minifig as a background character in an Imperial display.

I placed a Bricklink order for a couple of minifigs today.
An Ugnaught (Dark Blue Overalls) (SW0710), as I'm starting to doubt TLG are going to release a Kuiil minifig any time soon & this will suffice for my Mandalorian displays.

Imperial Recruitment Officer (Chief / Navy Captain) (SW0913). My Imperial forces are impressive now, so I need a lower ranked Officer too & this will do nicely.

On 7/23/2021 at 7:26 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Parts for this TIE bomber moc I made:

I look forward to seeing pics of your physical build. :classic:

On 7/23/2021 at 7:26 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

also some ebay lots of clone and stormtroopers.

Anything special?

5 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

Imperial Recruitment Officer (Chief / Navy Captain) (SW0913). My Imperial forces are impressive now, so I need a lower ranked Officer too & this will do nicely.

I look forward to seeing pics of your physical build. :classic:

Anything special?

Recruitment officer is a good choice for low-ranked imperials, they're pretty cheap and have that classic officer look.

I mainly got the lots to restock my bricklink store, but I'm keeping a few myself. Mainly an Anakin (from 2018 interceptor), as my current one has a cracked torso, and a death watch mando, because you can never have too many!

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Recruitment officer is a good choice for low-ranked imperials, they're pretty cheap and have that classic officer look.

Exactly, also the Imperial Recruitment Officer's face has a completely different look to my other Imperial Officer (SW0877).

an Anakin (from 2018 interceptor)

That's a nice version of Anakin Skywalker.

and a death watch mando, because you can never have too many!

I'm planning on starting to buy some of these as they look very good & I have a bit of a Mandalorian collection going on already. :classic:

1 hour ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

Exactly, also the Imperial Recruitment Officer's face has a completely different look to my other Imperial Officer (SW0877).

I'm planning on starting to buy some of these as they look very good & I have a bit of a Mandalorian collection going on already. :classic:

And if you buy more, it's easy to swap heads out. I've got a couple of em rocking the angry clone head.

They're also very cheap, very massable, and easy to swap out the arms and legs to make them look completely different. Between them and the mando packs, my collection went from boba, sabine, and the white one from the book to nearly 40 mandos organized into 6 clans. (classic blue, classic red, classic green, dark orange, grey/orange, and azure)

just got a sealed celebration exclusive tatooine microbuild (another one I'm planning to flip). I'm hoping to get enough money from this to buy parts for a TIE advanced moc I'm working on so I can finish the main OT tie collection.

Edited by Mandalorianknight