22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

I just got Bat Boy, Witch, and Scarecrow today. They are pretty neat!

I am hoping e would be new prints for trick-or-treater bags, ah well…

does anyone know if there is a list with pictures anywhere that shows all off the bam figures as they were intended to be? I know some people say that there is no intended way for any of them to be but imo I would have to disagree,you can see a lot of them posted in different places that are built the same with the same heads and all,much like all of the holiday ones, so clearly they have a intended figure in mind when they put the cases of them together when they send the parts to the stores, is there such a list with pictures anywhere?

Edited by Josh06

3 hours ago, Josh06 said:

does anyone know if there is a list with pictures anywhere that shows all off the bam figures as they were intended to be?

Not a list, but about 45 pages of this topic ;)

But seriously, if you go back through this thread you'll find posts like this:

On 2/9/2022 at 10:22 AM, RichardGoring said:

This is their full selection. I've not seen the green top (#8) before, so got one of those to go with castle stuff.

51870937744_81fa96098c_k.jpg

Also: https://jaysbrickblog.com/tag/build-a-minifigure/

And: https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/19310/us-bam-bar-contents/p7

Edited by rebelpilot

16 hours ago, rebelpilot said:

Not a list, but about 45 pages of this topic ;)

But seriously, if you go back through this thread you'll find posts like this:

Also: https://jaysbrickblog.com/tag/build-a-minifigure/

And: https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/19310/us-bam-bar-contents/p7

after talking to two store managers and one regional manager, I was told that indeed all of the parts in the bam have a intended figure they build when the parts are picked and packed to send to the stores (mainly the exclusive parts), I just wish they would show us what they are so it does not have to be so confusing

34 minutes ago, Josh06 said:

I just wish they would show us what they are so it does not have to be so confusing

I first experienced the premade packs in 2020 during Covid lockdown (they did exist before then), specifically:

https://jaysbrickblog.com/reviews/new-halloween-2020-build-a-minifigure-parts/

But since then it's been my experience when a store gets in new parts the staff will assemble some in to premade packs available by the register for those customers who just want to make a quick purchase. So if I've ever needed to reference the "official" configurations while I'm picking the parts they have been close by.

Usually I'll already have reference pictures on my phone from this thread, instagram or one of the above links.

Edited by rebelpilot

3 hours ago, rebelpilot said:

I first experienced the premade packs in 2020 during Covid lockdown (they did exist before then), specifically:

https://jaysbrickblog.com/reviews/new-halloween-2020-build-a-minifigure-parts/

But since then it's been my experience when a store gets in new parts the staff will assemble some in to premade packs available by the register for those customers who just want to make a quick purchase. So if I've ever needed to reference the "official" configurations while I'm picking the parts they have been close by.

Usually I'll already have reference pictures on my phone from this thread, instagram or one of the above links.

I have found when I try to find pictures of how certain figures are meant to be I find many different pictures of them showing different heads and hair and even legs, so it is hard to figure out what the right parts are for some of the figures, I have been collecting (or trying to) the bam figures from the start and try my best to get them right,but I am sure some of them are still not to the correct "official configurations

On 12/3/2019 at 3:06 PM, jonwil said:

That torso came with the yellow hands in last years Hospital among other sets so its definitely not a Spider-Man piece.

it did come in a Spider-Man set #76115

On 12/3/2019 at 3:06 PM, jonwil said:

That torso came with the yellow hands in last years Hospital among other sets so its definitely not a Spider-Man piece.

that torso did come in a Spider-Man set #76115 with the light nougat hands as well as other sets with the yellow hands

@Josh06 The premade BaM characters are relatively new. When BaM started getting exclusive parts, they were just that: parts. Now there is some configuration for the newer BaM and there's far less need for the "Build" part of the Build-a-Minifigure experience.

A quick search will bring up the handful of "seasons" or quarters or whatever that The LEGO Group started doing premade minifigures.

11 hours ago, Josh06 said:

after talking to two store managers and one regional manager, I was told that indeed all of the parts in the bam have a intended figure they build when the parts are picked and packed to send to the stores (mainly the exclusive parts), I just wish they would show us what they are so it does not have to be so confusing

They haven't always been that way. Many random parts, often including previous CMF parts but not the whole figures, have shown up over the years the BAM have been operating.

10 hours ago, Four Bricks Tall said:

@Josh06 The premade BaM characters are relatively new. When BaM started getting exclusive parts, they were just that: parts. Now there is some configuration for the newer BaM and there's far less need for the "Build" part of the Build-a-Minifigure experience.

A quick search will bring up the handful of "seasons" or quarters or whatever that The LEGO Group started doing premade minifigures.

I have never seen premade Bam figures at the store that I go to as they don't do them,I have seen some pictures that people have posted from different stores and looks like they just put whatever together with no rhyme or reason

Don't know how much this will help but our LEGO Certified Stores here in Australia sell pre-made figures online. Some of them are as close "official" configurations as it gets, but not all (plus they have put the skirt pieces on backwards): https://lego.bricksmegastore.com/collections/lego-build-a-minifigure-3-pack

6 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Don't know how much this will help but our LEGO Certified Stores here in Australia sell pre-made figures online. Some of them are as close "official" configurations as it gets, but not all (plus they have put the skirt pieces on backwards): https://lego.bricksmegastore.com/collections/lego-build-a-minifigure-3-pack

great list of figures! some I have never seen,like the red archer,most of them look well matched, some kind of mismatched but great list

Does anyone know if this figure/torso is from BAM, City, or another line? I can only find it on ExtraBricks store as a full figure, and I was hoping to get a bunch of the torsos.

LEGO-City-Minifigure---Female-Firefighter-in-uniform-LEGO-City---mini-figurka-kobieta-Strazak-w-galowym-mundurze.jpg

4 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Does anyone know if this figure/torso is from BAM, City, or another line? I can only find it on ExtraBricks store as a full figure, and I was hoping to get a bunch of the torsos.

It's from the Winter Village Fire Station. Ha! I was trawling through City stuff.

Went to a LEGO store today and got some of the new BAM figures. They had all of them, and allowed me to get 3 bunny toys, 3 dogs, and 9 duckies! Very pleased with that and the four figures I got (all of which were pre-made, despite the BAM tower being open).

Personally I do prefer pre-made minifigures instead of going to BAM station.  Don’t get me wrong - it does have a great benefit for me - I have a low vision issue, so it may be MORE difficult for me to look for certain items to build minifigures… Pre-made minifigures are more easy and less stressful. 

14 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Personally I do prefer pre-made minifigures instead of going to BAM station.  Don’t get me wrong - it does have a great benefit for me - I have a low vision issue, so it may be MORE difficult for me to look for certain items to build minifigures… Pre-made minifigures are more easy and less stressful. 

Agreed! It's nice to have the option, but it's so much quicker if they're pre-made. It was nice that the new ones were available as complete figures, and I didn't have to search.

4 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Agreed! It's nice to have the option, but it's so much quicker if they're pre-made. It was nice that the new ones were available as complete figures, and I didn't have to search.

Exactly! I loved how much my (and your) time is saved!

I think the only time I bought pre-made pack was an xmas pack at one point (probably during the pandemic when the bins were not running in Australia)

I am new to the BAM towers and just started to really get into it. I’ve collected the CMFs for a while but not these. What are your favorites that have ably appeared in a BAM tower?

How have I never seen the dia de los muertos figures?? My goodness both the male with the sombrero and the lady with pink makeup skull fave look fantastic! I absolutely adore both designs I don’t know whether to post them with my other hispanic/mariachi figures, or my monster collection. So fun.

I also have been wanting to give the Series 14 witch a sister, so it was cute seeing her twin be made in BAM. 

i’ll end this by saying I really want to go to my Lego store now given the western figures, army building castle nights and the various monster designs are really catching my eye.

On 9/18/2022 at 5:54 PM, cosmic said:

How have I never seen the dia de los muertos figures?? My goodness both the male with the sombrero and the lady with pink makeup skull fave look fantastic! I absolutely adore both designs I don’t know whether to post them with my other hispanic/mariachi figures, or my monster collection. So fun.

I also have been wanting to give the Series 14 witch a sister, so it was cute seeing her twin be made in BAM. 

i’ll end this by saying I really want to go to my Lego store now given the western figures, army building castle nights and the various monster designs are really catching my eye.

I just got the mariachi(x3) and while they’re supposed to be dead, since they have the white hands, I put yellow heads on them. I may or may not switch out the hands & just have the White be gloves...even though that doesn’t make sense. The Dia de los Muertos could also be used as a living person, just someone who really goes all out on her costume. 

No owls or knights in Billund unfortunately :hmpf_bad:
Lego house and Legoland did not have the same parts in several cases so combining them I managed to make a wizard(- the owl) and a witch at least. They had the new parts for Halloween, but very few animals. Must be the first time I have bought more headpieces then animals, normally it is the other way around:tongue:
At least I managed to buy the owls from a BL seller in Skærbæk, but the knights sold out the moment they where in sight the first evening (before I arrived) :wacko:

From what I heard all the BAM parts are made in the same quantity. So when they order the parts animals and army-builders like the knight come in the same number as a "boring" city fig and a carrot. The former disappear within days and the latter stay there for months probably. Hopefully in the future they will make more of the popular parts :sceptic:

Anyone knows the status/inventory at the Lego Store in Copenhagen (the main one, not the Tivoli one) these days? Good/high or bad/low?

And is there a place online where you can see the PaB-wall inventory?

On 9/30/2022 at 9:41 PM, Chilis said:

And is there a place online where you can see the PaB-wall inventory?

You're looking at it.

Jokes aside, it would be nice if LEGO added an individual online inventory to each store so you know which store has which minifigure parts.

Edited by Anonknee Muss