22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

19 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I’ve seen it before, but seeing the BaM station at the new Leicester store really makes me wish we had that here in the States. Digging for parts it tough in that cramped little tower. It would be so nice to have trays with all that extra usable counter space. AFOL problems....:cry_happy:

what pic of their BAM station?

On 8/17/2022 at 6:40 AM, natesroom said:

what pic of their BAM station?

Ditto, I'd like to see this picture also.

They don't appear to have been assigned to a particular minifig and were just part of the mix starting in 2019.

On 1/8/2022 at 8:50 PM, RichardGoring said:

51807796987_395ddc2efc_k.jpg

@Josh06Upper right corner is the minifig with those legs you were asking about.

Edited by natesroom

11 minutes ago, natesroom said:

@Josh06Upper right corner is the minifig with those legs you were asking about.

thank you for that,looks good with that torso,was it exclusive as well to bam?

The new BAM station standard is also on the new São Paulo, Brazil store (the 4th on the city). The manager said that is the new standard and all stores will follow that organization soon (hope mine gets it soon).

3 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

The new BAM station standard is also on the new São Paulo, Brazil store (the 4th on the city). The manager said that is the new standard and all stores will follow that organization soon (hope mine gets it soon).

What does this look like?

I saw a grand opening video of the Leicester store and the BAM is built in a round shape rondel style... i can't see stores adopting that... It seems ripe for theft either accidently or purposeful. Unless they have an attendant their watching the whole time. It is way more accessible if that's the new standard but also much easier to pillage.

Edited by natesroom

This is a picture of the Build-a-Minifig station from one of the more recent LEGO store openings here in Australia at Karrinyup:

1635315007134_GFJ3HBJT0.1-0.jpg?imwidth=

The Dreamworld LEGO store (my local) got a remodel recently and has the same style Build-a-Minifig station as do possibly other recent store openings in Australia (and from what I can tell on Google, at least one store in New York has this stand as well)

wow i could not see this in the Disney Springs Orlando Store, unless they had three stations, it would be nice to have them dispersed around.

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

This is a picture of the Build-a-Minifig station from one of the more recent LEGO store openings here in Australia at Karrinyup:

The Dreamworld LEGO store (my local) got a remodel recently and has the same style Build-a-Minifig station as do possibly other recent store openings in Australia (and from what I can tell on Google, at least one store in New York has this stand as well)

But look at that PAB wall! :pir-love:

14 hours ago, natesroom said:

I saw a grand opening video of the Leicester store and the BAM is built in a round shape rondel style... i can't see stores adopting that... It seems ripe for theft either accidently or purposeful. Unless they have an attendant their watching the whole time. It is way more accessible if that's the new standard but also much easier to pillage.

The one in Legoland CA has that style too

Hope my nearest store gets the updated PAB wall & BAM station.  They did get the Minifig Factory.  I don't know how much of an improvement that BAM station is though.  Seem like there would be less parts to look through so they would constantly need to be replenishing.  Plus in busier stores it's just going to be a mess very quickly. 

22 hours ago, jonwil said:

This BAM station is exactly the same as the one found in the newly-opened world's largest LEGO store: Leicester Square. I went there 2 weeks ago, It is the best LEGO store ever and I don't say that lightly.

New building station in SanBabila too. Most important, new (to me) pieces! Great detailing on a mini head, and an odd drawing on an ordinary torso (click for larger pic).

20220825_sanbabila.jpg

img_20220826_093220mini.jpg

3 hours ago, The Cobra said:

img_20220826_093220mini.jpg

Presumably this is not an official part! Do they have a print your own minifigure set-up there too? It looks machine printed rather than PAD printed.

Edited by MAB

They actually have a customnizing machine (11.99 €/each). My wife and I thought this was something coming from there. There was a nearly identical torso with no back printing and no "neck" guide in the BaM station, I picked this one out of curiosity.

That torso with the scouting badges looks new to me! Anyone recognize it? My bricklink searches didn't turn anything up. The striped aqua top and sailor shirt also appear new, though I didn't try any research on those yet.

On 8/26/2022 at 3:32 PM, kalexicon said:

That torso with the scouting badges looks new to me! Anyone recognize it? My bricklink searches didn't turn anything up. The striped aqua top and sailor shirt also appear new, though I didn't try any research on those yet.

That torso is part of the new BaM piece selection, I found a picture from someone assembled minis:

IMG_0845.jpg

Is the Catrina face new?

Edited by Chiaroscuro

3 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Is the Catrina face new?

I believe so! Same for the black skirt with the white frills at the bottom. I hope they're putting this BAM piece from last year in the same assortment, because they definitely pair well.

(I mean, technically, lots of the pieces in that photo are new, but the two I commented on are the two I haven't even seen pictures of before.)

1 hour ago, kalexicon said:

I believe so! Same for the black skirt with the white frills at the bottom. I hope they're putting this BAM piece from last year in the same assortment, because they definitely pair well.

(I mean, technically, lots of the pieces in that photo are new, but the two I commented on are the two I haven't even seen pictures of before.)

My first thought was to pair the new face with that torso too. Would look awesome. Sort of sad that I only got one of them (mainly because I didn't think the face matched very well.