r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

18 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The future with CMF is bleak :cry_sad: Licensed seems to be the new "normal" series. Batman 2?! Come on, the only useful part to me from series 1 was the lobster :hmpf_bad: Series 2 are going to be so shitty, that I already can smell it :sick:

I remember someone suggesting that Lego could be limiting it to only one non-licenced series a year to coincide with the number of the year ( S18 for 2018, S19 for 2019, S20 for 2020, etc.). Its a most silly and quite absurd suggestion, but it not only looks like 2018 could play out the same way as it did this year, but 2019 could be the same way.

With the LM2 in Feb. 2019 and The Billion Brick Race coming in May the same year, only September allows us a slot for a non-licenced series, presuming both films will get CMSs. :sad:

And S18 being a rumored costumed series doesn't help either.

On 5/22/2017 at 11:01 PM, J4ck said:

I think so for January 2018

January 2018 is actually most likely to be Disney Series 2 which was rumored for a while..(also it was claimed by just2good in one of his just2mail YouTube videos)!

I really doubt they will release 2 LEGO films only 3 months apart from each other. I'm pretty sure they will push one of those back 

I think they will learn this year that having 2 LEGO films in less than a year is not a good idea. Batman Movie already did not as good as LEGO Movie. And I'm sure Ninjago Movie will do even worse

Also, what the heck is The Billion Brick Race? 

14 minutes ago, kungfulegolover said:

January 2018 is actually most likely to be Disney Series 2 which was rumored for a while..(also it was claimed by just2good in one of his just2mail YouTube videos)!

It has been confirmed by Itaria that there won't be Disney 2 series next year

Jan 18 is LEGO Batman Movie 2, whether we like it or not. (Actually, I don't like it at all)

14 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Jan 18 is LEGO Batman Movie 2, whether we like it or not. (Actually, I don't like it at all)

I haven't seen The Lego Batman Movie because I never pay theater prices but I love comic based stuff and am really looking forward to the LBM CMF series 2.

31 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Also, what the heck is The Billion Brick Race? 

http://www.nerdreport.com/2015/07/24/details-on-the-fourth-lego-sequel-the-billion-brick-race/

Here's what the film's writer/director Drew Pierce said about it.

•  

Modestly, hopefully it will be the biggest race movie of all time,” Pearce said. “Imagine doing a race movie but having the ability to do it with Lego. So part Cannonball Run, part Wacky Races but with a real working class Rocky style blue collar vibe to it as well.”

“I came up with an original Lego idea, a completely standalone Lego movie, kind of out of nowhere. Then spoke to Phil and Chris and they’re exec’ing it. I’m directing that and Jason Segal and I are writing it. It won’t come out until so many years in the future that I might even be dead. It’s like 2019 that it’s coming out, and that will run along in the background of what I do which is hopefully write and shoot an original script."

12 hours ago, williejm said:

That's just a pair of legs ;) 

Ah, the new "Mr. Gold"-style super-rare figure.

Lol.

LEGO's Facebook page recently posted an image with two existing LMF as well as two figures I don't recognize. They don't appear to be existing LMFs.

1) One is a female gamer whose purple t-shirt says "Level Up" and has dual colored arms to make short sleeves. She is holding a controller that appears to be a new mold. Her yellow hair with a purple streak appears to be an existing mold.

2) The other is a male gamer with a VR headset which may also be a new mold. He has a gold trophy in a green circle on a while torso. His arms are green and legs are black

Do we think these are just promotional image or would they reflect future LMFs?

I think they are just promotional pics. 

While I think a gamer girl and a virtual reality gamer are likely to be released either in City sets or the CMF line, those in that pic lack the level of detail of CMFs. 

Also, the next regular regular series will happen in 2019 (if it ever happens). So it would be kinda early for a reveal.

Maybe they're planning a set based around video games.  People at the Arcade or something could be a cool set.  Either way, I like those pixel styled designs and hope that they are released one way or another.  I really like how the female gamer isn't just a "Player Two" version of the "Player One" Gamer Guy.  Instead, she's a "Level Up."

18699907_10154726712358403_3048812810186

Edited by x105Black
Added the picture for those who hadn't seen it yet.

25 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Maybe they're planning a set based around video games.  People at the Arcade or something could be a cool set.  Either way, I like those pixel styled designs and hope that they are released one way or another.  I really like how the female gamer isn't just a "Player Two" version of the "Player One" Gamer Guy.  Instead, she's a "Level Up."

18699907_10154726712358403_3048812810186

I was about to ask if promotional photos with yet nonexistent new molds have been seen before, but now I remember a TRU display with this director minifigure on it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Many at the time thought it was a unintended leak of a future CMF, but it never came to be.

Yeah those were odd. Especially the re-colored lady liberty skirt on the business woman on the right. 

47 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Yeah those were odd. Especially the re-colored lady liberty skirt on the business woman on the right. 

Yeah, I don't know what she was supposed to be.

From my initial first impression, she reminded me of Maria von Trapp (Julie Andrews' character) in The Sound of Music.

With Delta Customs, saying there will be a 3rd wave of TLBM, I think it's safe to say the TLBM series 2 is coming. 

9 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

With Delta Customs, saying there will be a 3rd wave of TLBM, I think it's safe to say the TLBM series 2 is coming. 

It probably is not necessary, but some have wondered if there will be a Lego Batman follow up short attached to an upcoming WB tentpole film (TLNM or Justice League maybe?) to justify a third wave and second CMS.

There wasn't anything to "justify" the third wave of The LEGO Movie sets, so no, I don't think it is necessary.

On 5/22/2017 at 9:22 AM, MAB said:

I doubt kids care enough about it to make them money. And if adults did, then they'd probably be better off doing a one-off minifigure heavy set rather than a CMF series. I cannot think how I'd fill up a series of 16 with characters from Wizard of Oz. And I doubt people would want multiples of the main characters.

For licensed CMSs, I think Lego should stick with broader franchises like Disney as opposed to CMSs based on a single film, with the exception of Lego Cinematic Universe films. If successful, these CMSs can produce many follow up CMSs whereas a single film centric one can maybe muster up two.

Some franchises that could be good candidates for this would be the Hanna Barbera and Looney Tunes licenses from WB, or as a licensed successor to S14, Universal Classic Monsters, which might be popular especially in light of Universal's developing Dark Universe.

31 minutes ago, Pop Star c o said:

Please, say only one thing: Will there be Disney S2 ever again?

At least, say it when you will know it.

Sheesh, we'll say it when we know it, but currently I don't know anything about a second Disney CMF! 

Funny how your profile picture is TLBM when all you talk about is Disney :hmpf:

1 hour ago, Pop Star c o said:

It's a pretty safe bet that no one will know anything about it until next year at the very earliest, so there is absolutely no point in asking. Thank you for being one of the most consistently entertaining posters here though.

1 hour ago, Pop Star c o said:

My guess is that we won't see Disney S2 until Jan. 2020 at the earliest, since 2018 seems to be out of the question, and I'm pretty sure 2019 will be taken up by CMSs for TLM2 and The Billion Brick Race for Jan. and May, with Sept. presumably given to S19. Lego has not skipped a regular CMS for a whole year yet.

19 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

You've already been told numerous times to stop asking for Disney S2. When there will be news, it will be posted here. Until then, please stop asking for pieces of information no one has.

23 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Sheesh, we'll say it when we know it, but currently I don't know anything about a second Disney CMF!

Thank you.

Anyway. Any news on the Ninjago series? So far we know it's coming out in September and will have 16 minifigures in it. Anybody know which ones like a list also didn't somebody say Lego is gonna reveal them at SDCC in July?

On 2 June 2017 at 8:07 AM, Pop Star c o said:

September 2018 series can be also The LEGO Movie 2.

Good thought but I doubt it tbh, Lego will want to coincide the sets with the movie, September will be too early. Unnamed Licensed series for September 2018, any ideas?

Wizard of Oz

Maybe Lego will do a dimensions series where any character shown but wasn't made into a Minifigure will be put into the series? Or Lego will pick a license they own and make a series out of that perhaps Adventure Time?