maydayartist

Big medieval landscape: BIG UPDATE on page 26

Thank you all so much for your positive feedback! :thumbup:

The last chapter is ready, ok only the terrain but now the buildings and details on the landscape could begin. :sweet:

I have made a lot of pictures and here they are.

chapter 6 eagle eye view. Here you can see first of the different basement hit into the rock and a hole to the ground for the fountain.

img_8129.jpg

img_8136.jpg

the total of all six chapters

img_8131.jpg

img_8135.jpg

detail of the ramp

img_8137.jpg

the start of the path on the outer courtyard (build like a mosaic)

img_8018.jpg

and a last detail for a hidden backside entrance/escape

img_8125.jpg

img_8127.jpg

thats it for now

Very nice. The landscaping is impressive enough in its sheer size alone, and I think you've done well capturing the organic shapes. Can't wait for buildings!

Good Lord.

This project was obviously going to be impressive, right from the outset - but to see it all coming together...amazing. :thumbup:

the whole thing is amazing can't wait to see the castle. This is great, it is very nice to see the devolping of a landscape this size. What do you plan to do with fountain, beacuse if you did a whole I think its noy going to be a plain lego fountain. :thumbup:

Really amazing landscape! (Gotta remember this when I get to building hills and cliffs for my city.) Looking forward to seeing it populated...

Looking better each time it's updated! I will comment on all the liitle things that I like at the end. For now, keep up the good work! :thumbup:

When we first saw the flat baseplates two and a half months ago, I never had a clue that it would end up with such a great landscape. I'm now eagerly waiting for the buildings, woods etc. to finish it. It's really amazing to see the progress here. Such a huge work. :thumbup:

Wow...This MoC will be perfect for Lego wargaming, when it is finished! I really, really love this project!

Also, how many pieces are in this MoC?

I've been following this project for a while now, and to see what it has become is nothing less than a work of art!

I really envy that you have room to house such a big moc, and the piece count in it must be fenomenal!

I'm really looking forward to see the project complete, with all the details and epicness!

... Also, how many pieces are in this MoC?

I have absolutely no idea how much it is.

But for example green plates are almost empty and green bricks are used more than the half of it, altogether over 7kg.

Here is a sneak preview of my trees, spread across the build. The quality of the picture is bad of course. I don´t want to show too much in this stadium. :devil:

img_8159.jpg

This is really starting to take shape nicely Mayday! The scale at times must be a bit frustrating to try and take in the whole idea of what you want to achieve, but its going to be a sight to behold when done. Great ideas to add lights and fountains as well. We want moar! :moar:

Wow that is amazing! :cry_happy:

I don't know how you do it, to me it seems a Herculean effort but upon completion this may be the poster child of castle MOC's! I like being able to imagine where you are going to build what and indeed I have a pretty good idea about where you will lay out the buildings already; just by virtue of your beautiful base. :thumbup:

I didn't think you would have enough bricks to build a full castle and town but after seeing how dedicated you are to building this far, i can only imagine how much more involved and detailed this will get. You have thoroughly impressed me sir! :wink:

another extended weekend, can't wait to see what you come up with over the time ...

Mayday, I hope your long absence is good news for us onlookers, and you've greatly added to your spectacular MOC. Let's see some updated shots, were all drooling to see some!

another extended weekend, can't wait to see what you come up with over the time ...

Mayday, I hope your long absence is good news for us onlookers, and you've greatly added to your spectacular MOC. Let's see some updated shots, were all drooling to see some!

You two are absolutely right. We don´t want to get rusty.

If I could I would present you the finished project now. But that´s fiction.

Ok after the last two weeks and a long weekend the progress isn´t so far I wished. One part of the long weekend was wasted in building my two new modular houses :wink: a little bit work with a good old instructions can not hurt. :laugh:

I redesigned and improve the trees and get a new ebay delivery with over hundred palm leaves so the option of 2-3 more pine are given.

Further more the complete green in my build is improve with bright and dark green places.

And two new tents are done. One of them has need a lot of time to create the roof. Octagonal is very tricky.

I have one shot for you with the new tent and a pine behind.

img_8295.jpg

I hope I can continue chapter 2 (the tent place) tomorrow and on monday.

please be patient :sweet:

Another great tent. You just keep doing more and more that I love.

I am also really having a blast watching this as it grows. I really want to thank you for shareing this with us. :sweet:

The tent is nice.

And that pine tree is gorgeous ! I love the top :classic:

Now, just for all of us, please make sure you create a complete building instruction of the whole landscape once you're done !

"Oh God, the page 19807 shows that I made a mistake at page 5609, I have to remove all those 20.567 bricks and restart from there"

So keep the mountain and maybe make the road more winding up that hill back and forth (you know, Serpentinen - don't know the word in English)

In America we call those 'switchbacks' or 'switchback roads'.

I really am excited to see the progress on this MOC. I cannot wait to see the village layout.

this just keeps on getting better and better! It is my favorite moc to follow on eurobricks and I look forward to seeing it completed :grin:

Edited by sputnik16

watching this come together is amazing, and i've learned so much to apply to my own medieval moc (like actually giving a crap about landscaping :laugh: ).

you are a master and i can only hope i get to the point you are at in terms of skill and number of bricks :cry_happy:

Terrific work with the tent. :wub: Can't wait to see all those plants you're ordering.