Sorry to disappoint, but the main conference of AFOLcon was today, and while there were some great previews of other lines (and all round fantastic speakers), there was no mention of the new modular building. I'm as upset as the rest of you :sad:

Thanks for that. Was the girl's hair this piece by any chance? If it was, I hope it's a colour other than dark brown. And was the woman's hairpiece in brown, or was it a different colour?

That's it. But it is dark brown. The woman's hair is the same as on the picture from bakery.

Edited by BudhaBoss

there was no mention of the new modular building

I refuse to believe that :sadnew:

Are you sure there are no more opportunities over the weekend for LEGO to reveal the set?

I don't know how much in advance official information for the other modular buildings was released but come on ... only 4 weeks to the potential release date and still no info?

EDIT: Admittedly, after looking at the agenda of AFOLCon it really looks like there are no more official events over the weekend. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by TheMagician

Okay, let's roll the dice another time. What's the next Lego event they could possibly display the set at?

Maybe they're actually waiting until the set is released, just to see how that affects sales. I don't think it will make the slightest difference.

Dear Lego: I am going to buy exactly one of this set, no more and no less, regardless of when you choose to reveal it.

I was trying to find the cat from this set on peeron, yet I cannot find the color pattern. It is this one http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/6251 , but with light brown color (lighter than dog, cheeks white). EDIT: I think this is the one.

The girl I think had dark hair with long braid (similar to Padme in Mos Espa race) and there is this hair on woman.

Thanks, BudhaBoss! This set is sounding ever better. :sweet: If possible, could you describe the figures a bit more?

Maybe it will be at Brick Magic next weekend. I remember seeing the space shuttle there before it was released last year.

Thanks, BudhaBoss! This set is sounding ever better. :sweet: If possible, could you describe the figures a bit more?

Well, there was little girl, the hair described above, dark brown, repairing green bicycle (it was upside down in the picture). There was the worker, painting the wall next to the door of town house (I think the door was green, but not sure about it). That one had baseball cap (white) and blue working pants. There was man (light brown hair, green clothes) with cat on the pavement, I think giving bone to the dog plus woman leaving the stairs next to the pet shop with letter in hand, red clothes and the hair (hair was same as the woman in winter bakery). What I noticed was red post box in the wall of the building and lamp on the pavement. Did not see any other fig, maybe there will be someone inside the shop.

Edited by BudhaBoss

Can you spill some more info about the amount of detail? Do the buildings have a lot of details, ornaments and stuff? From the reconstruction the walls and windows seem a bit plane. I have always liked Jamie's eye for detail and nice ornaments...

Can you spill some more info about the amount of detail? Do the buildings have a lot of details, ornaments and stuff? From the reconstruction the walls and windows seem a bit plane. I have always liked Jamie's eye for detail and nice ornaments...

How to say it - there are many windows on the front side, there is max 2 studs bricks between the windows. Pet shop has 2x1 bricks with trench (the same as is used in the fire-stations for garage doors) between the windows, that is why there is so little blue on front side. Brown has some orange tiles on these bricks and windows cover most of the front side. There is architecture element above both doors (stairs), do not remember the one above the town house (probably some skies), but over the entrance next to pet shop was a grey frog. There are flowers in front of many windows (remember the cookies in winter bakery?). The top of the building on roof had some grids, similar to cafe corner and green grocer, so the buildings will fit just fine between them. The roof windows are much smaller than CC or GG - I guess just 2x2.

I am not sure about any special ornaments, yet there were some brown or black flowers used as ornaments on the brown/orange house (but it may be some other part, it looked like flowers on the wall to me).

What I liked was the back side of the house - CC, GG, MS had nearly no windows on the back side (well, GG did have two next to the stairs), but this one does, including the back doors.

My opinion is that they are pretty good to stand next to the previous modular houses - they will be no shame and the street will look pretty good with them.

Edited by BudhaBoss

Sounds wonderful! Thanks a lot for the info. :)

Come on, reveal the thing for crying out loud!

Come on, reveal the thing for crying out loud!

I second this, I need to decided if I'm actually going to purchase this or not. from the sounds of it It might fall "SHORT" of my expectations.

*snip*

*snip*

Thanks again, BudhaBoss! The rest of the modular buildings have been fantastic, and it sounds like this one won't be an exception! :thumbup: Now, if only pictures would leak... :tongue:

This is my "creative interpretation" of the descriptions given by BudhaBoss and Follows Closely. They don't feature all of the factors mentioned by them, but I just wanted my own visual for anticipating this release.

231110_2045737224021_1262100428_32523231_1837670_n.jpg

I found out this set is arriving at all of the US LEGO brand retail stores on monday, and will be for sale starting May 10!!!

Very exciting! I saw a photo of it as well, and it looks very similar to the post by cottonwood. :thumbup:

Looks like I'll be stalking my Lego store for the next week or two. I hope it's true.

I found out this set is arriving at all of the US LEGO brand retail stores on monday, and will be for sale starting May 10!!!

Very exciting! I saw a photo of it as well, and it looks very similar to the post by cottonwood. :thumbup:

Are you serious!?!? Where did you get the information? How did you get to see the picture?

Cottonwood, I really like your creative interpretation of this petshop a lot! Great job! We will see if it looks exact same as real set.

I've seen the building instructions to this model. Cottonwood version is very close. If you think the exterior of the model is nice, you should see the details TLG put into the pet shop (especially the fish in the fish tank).

Looking foward to the next modular building.

My fav modular building is Green groccer.

Sale starting may the 10th?!? NOOOOO Lego what are you doing to me!! Im going on holiday may the 9th... for two weeks...

Arrgh... another two week wait after release! :cry_sad:

I hope we see some actual pictures soon.

And that it appears at retail here in Australia like the Grand Emporium did last year