NEILLOFT

LEGO CITY 7696 - PRIVATE JET

hi guys

just a heads up that the above set is now available to buy through British Airways www.HIGHLIFESHOP.COM for £15.00 plus £3.00 P&P. This is an airline promotional exclusive so can only normally be purchased on board and will not be available in any shops or even Lego website. A similar set a few years back sold for over £50 on ebay once it was discontinued and theres a different airline promo set each summer. There are only 17 sets available now ive just purchased mine - so get in quick!

post-16406-129942013293.jpg

only 10 left in stock now! thats 8 sold in about 4 hours. maybe they will of sold out by midnite! should of bought them all myself and sold them on at a profit lol

That's mine ordered too. Nice little treat and possible "investment" :classic:

Nice little plane.....someone could do a review when they get their's ? :wink:

For those who will miss out on it....like me....instructions are available at Lego.com, but the file is over 36Meg - ouch ! :hmpf_bad:

I still might download and scratch-build from my huge spares parts collection....Hmm, a postal jet might be nice ! :wink: Oops, no it won't need those components for a train....dam it ! :blush:

Maybe one day, Jetstar or VirginBlue will do this and have a Lego airline set....a geniune Lego one and not a clone ! :wink:

Keep on singing 'Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away !' :laugh:

I picked one up on my way back from Vancouver on Thursday night. Not opened it yet. Was thinking of doing a review actually... :wink:

I will take a look in our staff shop the next time i'm in that neck of the woods (I work for BA) and see how much - A couple of weeks ago they still had lots of last years set in stock for £12, so this one will probably be around the same price.

I have to say this years is much better than last years. I'll definitely be picking some up.

And, it's now no longer available. Guess I am too late for this. It appears it only accept UK residence only. This set is definitely worthy to get and I am not sure when I will have a chance to travel on these airlines.

Pedro, I will be looking forward to your review if you happens to have some spare time on your hand. :wink:

Ooh very nice promotional set, too bad it ain't available to the general market, I think this would've sold a lot. Looking forward for your review pedro! :sweet:

I will take a look in our staff shop the next time i'm in that neck of the woods (I work for BA) and see how much - A couple of weeks ago they still had lots of last years set in stock for £12, so this one will probably be around the same price.

I have to say this years is much better than last years. I'll definitely be picking some up.

What was last years?

18 available now... so it seems the order numbers are kept low on purpose.

Thanks from me for the heads up, I've just ordered two of them. I wonder if they'll come in a box, or some kind of bag?

Thanks from me for the heads up, I've just ordered two of them. I wonder if they'll come in a box, or some kind of bag?

box

Hurrah! Just ordered one. Thanks for the info here. I saw this on ebay a couple of days ago at £25 plus silly postage. You've just saved me a few pounds so thank you muchly. :thumbup::classic:

box

Welcome to the show!

I'm actually quite excited about this set now, can't wait for them to arrive. I would be tempted to build a landing strip.

I have just download the instructions from Lego.com, looks like I have most of those parts anyway.....could make one's own small airline eh ? :wink:

This is very true. I've got lots of parts to build one and could have made stickers for the tail and I may still do that too, but it's just a nice feeling getting a new set in a box to open and build. Plus, I'm considering getting rid of my huge planes and sticking with a smaller fleet. An arodrome rather than an airport. Planes that will fit on runway baseplates.

There is something really nice about these Airline promo sets which sets them apart from normal sets, the normal trend for modern day lego sets is to make the boxes oversized, when you open the box, you are always left a little disappointed at the amount of air within the box, there is normally twice as much air as there are bricks, this appears to be becuase Lego like to show an actual size image of the model the bricks inside the box will let you build, I guess so as not to disappoint the younger generation,

However as there is such limited space aboard aeroplanes, they always make these sets in compact boxes, meaning the boxes are full to bursting with bricks, like the good old days :-)

That is one reason why I like them

My order has been shipped, should be here in a day or two :-)

Mine arrived today, which has kept me buzzing as I couldn't build it due to "real" construction tasks (painting, electrics, that kind of thing!). It is a brilliant little build, very classic town 4-wide plane. I don't like the wings much though, they would have been better as a solid construction and the tail piece looks a little off, could have been a little more flush with the structure.

But all good, and I'm having fun playing with it :laugh:

Mine is on the way, according to the confirmation email that's just landed.

And I agree wholeheartedly about the boxes! Even though I have enough fin and wing pieces in my collection, it's something else to buy the set and use fresh pieces. Besides, it's an exclusive set.