Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

MOC - Retro inspired Motorcycle Shop

G'day everyone, I decided to do something a little different a retro inspired build to go with the new police station, last years fire station and the last servo.....among other sets.

Orignal.....

6373-1.1149447166.thumb2.jpg

Now my MOC...

98_retro_motorcycle_shop.jpg

99_retro_motorcycle_shop.jpg

It's still a little W-I-P, like motorcycles and workshop area plus helmet display to be done.

So as usual comments welcome and more to come ! :grin:

It looks excellent so far! It is highly detailed and it certainly has a very retro look and feel to it (it is great mix of old and new). The custom stickers are well-made and designed and are appropriate. It will be interesting to see more updates to it. :thumbup:

Extremely well done so far. :classic:

~buddy~

Thanks 'buddy' for your kind words, I'll be doing more work on it tomorrow, plus I will be planning more retro redesigns.....I'm thinking post office next....any other suggestions for my son's town.

Keep on watching ! :grin:

Thanks 'AJ', my son will be very happy with this one......somewhere the crooks steal their get away bikes from......oh, that water cooler - 7744 police station water cooler.....not a MOC.

Actually the 7744 I have taken apart since I brought my son the new police station.....the old one is making up the bulk of this MOC.

Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

I love it. Great colors. And I LOVE "retro" style!

Keep the pics coming, and give us more info on your kid's town!

Brick on, man!

Edited by Artifex

I used to have that original set. love what you did to it! But I miss some flags though. :tongue:

Thanks 'Artifex' and '-zenn' for your kind comments, ah, flags....yes two and I know where I can mount them right on top of the clips for the lights.

More later on today everyone ! :grin:

Hello!

Great idea to do classic-styled buildings. I think you'll get a nice city with more of these great creations. :classic:

I think some glass slopes for the roofs would be a great addition to your otherwise fine garage. These can be found in many retro sets, like in this one here. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

That's a really sweet little bike shop :sweet: look forward to seeing more.

A suggestion for your city a train station might be good if you've got a train set. kind of like this old one. I think it's in the classic style you're after.

2150-1.jpg?0

Thanks for the comments and suggestions 'Legostein' and 'CptMugwash', actually I was first thinking of building that workshop set as retro inspired MOC, but choose the bike shop.

A retro train station.....already have 2010 train station for my son....you see the MOC's are buildings Lego have not made in a long time.

Oh, this will be the next one.....fused with city corner ideas though.....

6689-1.jpg

I might have this one up and running today as well......I'll try ! :blush:

Keep on watching ! :wink:

Very nice retro-inspired motorcycle shop LT! I really like the classic town feel to it, and you even have one of my most favorite classic vehicles there - that little yellow emergency repair truck. :sweet: Good job as always! :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments 'KielDaMan' and 'soundwave_sw', tomorrow I'll be working on it again....that review took a few hours.

Keep on watching tomorrow ! :grin:

Update time.....

95_retro_motorcycle_shop.jpg

96_retro_motorcycle_shop.jpg

97_retro_motorcycle_shop.jpg

Workshop is closed at the minute.....though it's a bit cramped in said workshop.

More to come.....keep on watching ! :grin:

Nice style! :thumbup:

The things I like the most are the fire extinguisher and the whater urn ...absolutely amazing! :laugh:

Thanks 'LEGO Train 12 Volts', er....there isn't a fire extinguisher...that might be the oil drum with pump and again that water cooler is from 7744 police station....like many parts used in this creation are from...if you look closely ! :wink:

More to come this week with all my creations so keep on watching ! :grin:

Beautiful work LT! :sweet:

There are some very nice details in your creation (I love the use of the classic labels) and the whole thing screams classic town! :thumbup:

I'll be waiting for more updates! :sweet:

Are you planning on putting a whole town together in this style for your son?

I did and it lasted for a while before it was destroyed! (By his AT-AT apparantly!)

I really like the style, especialy the use of the roller window in front - the open back stores are very good for kids to play with.

One hint - give them removable roof's - Several of my creations got destroyed when my son could not get into the far conrner and ended up forcing the roof of - removable roofs attached by only 1 or 2 studs fixed that.

Great piece of clean simple design though - could be official.

Oh, that red thing out front....sorry, yeah that too is from 7744 police station....about 90% of it is from that set since I brought my son the new one.

Must find a figure to be the shop owner, oh yeah the post office is comming along nicely...I'll have some basic pictures of the row of buildings latter today.

Thanks also to 'moorage' for your reply, apart from this and the post office....maybe another house, modern retro of an 80's design to join 8403. I'm also thinking of a public works depot, but I have to get back to work on New Mannum.....I have also decided to redesign the roadhouse from scratch....needs to be bigger...much bigger.

And the AT-AT belongs to me, myself being the SW collector....so he is the one to be careful ! :devil:

Now a roof which can be removed for play, that's why the middle of the bike shop doesn't have a roof, but latter on today like I wrote above everyone will see how everything fits together....actually by chance but looks fantastic. :wink:

Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

If anybody has the Wii video game Indiana Jones 2 the adventure continues this is very similar to the motorcycle shop that is on The kingdom of the crystal skull part 1!

25065128:jpeg_preview_large.jpg?20110105035143

If anybody has the Wii video game Indiana Jones 2 the adventure continues this is very similar to the motorcycle shop that is on The kingdom of the crystal skull part 1!

25065128:jpeg_preview_large.jpg?20110105035143

Well I have a Wii console but not the game, so maybe great minds think a like eh ? :laugh:

Thanks for the comment anyway, 'bpwilly3' and Brick On ! :grin: