Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, just2good said:

All the other information is wrong in the post. No Sports theme. Cars and Last Jedi don't have that much sets. So I assume the POTC description is fake news.

Wait. Just2good are you saying that the picture is fake to? If so this will make me sooo happy. I just keep thinking its going  be the pearl

25 minutes ago, azog said:

Wait. Just2good are you saying that the picture is fake to? If so this will make me sooo happy. I just keep thinking its going  be the pearl

Think people kept linking to it on lego's own site, so i believe its real, sadly.

27 minutes ago, azog said:

He is talking about another post on another site.

1 minute ago, Legostone said:

He is talking about another post on another site.

But there is only one image as far as I'm aware.

The blurred out picture is real as that's from Legos website, I think the post referring to the amount of minifigures/which minifigures is fake.

Edited by Legoman123

22 hours ago, deskp said:

But there is only one image as far as I'm aware.

They were saying the description from 4chan was fake I believe.

That blurred picture really looks like a ship that is cracked in half and both ends are lifted in the air.

Edited by karmajay

4 minutes ago, madejp86 said:

So there is also chatter of the next mini figure set being POTC.

Its not the case, it's just one guy in the series uses a hat that looks similar to the tricorne.

Edited by deskp

6 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

It seems that this ship has no sails...or..?

There's some tattered remains, but not full proper ones.

Hope that at least it will have proper gun deck and captain quarters...could have three decks in all acording to that blurry picture :)

I'm super excited for this set!! I have both the Queen Anne's Revenge and the Black Pearl. I rebuilt both into a custom Flying Dutchman, but everything is destroyed now. I'll definitely be picking this one up no matter what it's like, because I always love Lego ships and it looks to have more than 5 figures, which I feel a lot of big sets have been limited to lately. I really can't wait and I'm excited that it's being released in March/April because I expected it to be May/June. However, looks like I may be pushing back the Disney Castle to get this. Do you guys think that we'll see official images before March? 

I think this is GREAT news. I was going to get this set NO matter what ship it was, but I think The Silent Mary is fantastic news. I acquired both the QAR and BP in the last year in hopes that it would be a new ship. Honestly I was sort of expecting it to be the BP. I knew it wouldn't be the QAR, so I felt safe buying that ship. But with the BP, I didn't really want the existing one if they made a new one. Lets be honest, the BP is NOT a great set, it has its good qualities, but overall the QAR is the superior ship. 

So I'm pumped for a new ship, this might be a day one purchase for me.

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

I really do hope it has at least two decks, like the imperial flagship otherwise it will be a huge disappointment.

Ship looks brownish, i hope the mast parts will be same model and color as those expensive ones in Imperial FLagship.

Edited by chofus

The single licensed D2C-sets of the last years sometimes got a CMF series (the Simpsons sets or the Disney castle). And with the hint for May Minifigures one being a caped fig with tricorne, I hope we get a matching series for the ship.

16 minutes ago, Sinthoras said:

The single licensed D2C-sets of the last years sometimes got a CMF series (the Simpsons sets or the Disney castle). And with the hint for May Minifigures one being a caped fig with tricorne, I hope we get a matching series for the ship.

I see your point with the previous D2C linked with a CMF series but from what we know, May is for series 17 and September for the Ninjago series. Sorry for the news. It's clear I'd like a POTC series with this new ship (as much I'd like a Castle Fantasy series).

I think this ship is going to be EVERY bit as nice as the IFS, actually I think it's going to be bigger and better. I predict the IFS gets knocked down to the 2nd spot as the largest Lego ship to date. 

I predict a nice captains quarters, large main deck, and nice lower gun deck very similiar to the IFS. Also the color of this ship DOES mean some of those expensive IFS pieces might come down in value, which is a good thing imo.

If you search for a video on youtube with the name "Lego Pirates of the Caribbean 2017 shark?!" 

You will find a pic of that ghost shark. Can't manage to link it here with my phone and I'm sure I'm not allowed to insert a screenshot here.

Have you seen this? For me it definitely looks like a true lego production. It's too well molded to be custom and the print looks exactly like what I would expect from lego. 

Edited by Jacob Nion

I will pass judgement on this set once we see some high res images, piece count, and a price, but it sure is exciting that it is so close!

20 minutes ago, Jacob Nion said:

If you search for a video on youtube with the name "Lego Pirates of the Caribbean 2017 shark?!" 

You will find a pic of that ghost shark. Can't manage to link it here with my phone and I'm sure I'm not allowed to insert a screenshot here.

Have you seen this? For me it definitely looks like a true lego production. It's too well molded to be custom and the print looks exactly like what I would expect from lego. 

I have seen it as well, and I agree it looks REAL. It also makes sense that Lego would bring back that shark mold, it was a very UNDER utilized piece.