Brickdoctor

Printed Helmets by Arealight

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this.

5425319230_15a4b78711.jpg

I rarely post in this forum, so if this is in the wrong place let me know. :classic:

Waaaaiiiit.... So are they gonna start printing their helmets? If so, that's great news for me, as I'm the worst customizer in the history of Earth! Can't wait to see an explanation for this.

Edited by prateek

Actually, I was waiting for Arealight to post it, but yeah, this looks cool!

My bad. Didn't know we were supposed to wait for him. :blush:

Waaaaiiiit.... So are they gonna start printing their helmets? If so, that's great news for me, as I'm the worst customizer in the history of Earth! Can't wait to see an explanation for this.

Yep. Printed the same way the Twileks are.

This is the right forum Doc, thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Now this is what I have been waiting all along, the printed versions of the SW helmets! They all look lovely! :wub: Now I don't have to force myself in customizing the plain helmets with my amateurish sharpie work. :grin:

Waaaaiiiit.... So are they gonna start printing their helmets?

Yup it will be released on Feb. 15th, according to the site. :sweet:

All you have to do is sign up for their newsletter to get updates, we found out about it a few days ago.

Anyway, yeah really cool, I'm very happy about their Twileks because you can buy their super awesome Aayla and Talon for less than the price of one official Aayla (I don't like the official fig).

The helmets are great if you can buy them to make your characters for less than what they cost on ebay.

Edited by DrNightmare

Aw gawd. I'm going to have to forsake being a purist now. I've always envisioned Rep. Commandos. I'll be livin' the dream, man! :cry_happy:

These look great. Does anybody know how much they will cost?

I believe Arealight has stated they will be around $5. I hope this helps.

I have been waiting for these with baited breath. Arealight didn't disappoint as usual. The Captain Rex cold assault trooper helmet is epic. Here's hoping he does some printing on the airborne trooper helmets in the future.

Sorry that's were I come in

Now I don't have to force myself in customizing the plain helmets with my amateurish sharpie work. :grin:

Nice try. :P

Get back in your workshop and make more customs! :P

And in regards to Arealight, well, he is making the right decisions with his customs. :)

-Omi

These look great, my favorites would have to be the Republic Commandos. They're only missing Sev for now,

but the helmet print might be too hard to do for now.

The only thing that bothers me is that their visors are black, which should be light blue, but AreaLight said that it wasn't going to work well with blue. So, painting would have to do, I guess.

But other than that, they're all very nice, and I must make sure to pick up some, one day.

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

The only thing that bothers me is that their visors are black, which should be light blue, but AreaLight said that it wasn't going to work well with blue. So, painting would have to do, I guess.

That's the first thing I noticed too, well I guess one would still have to do some bit of customization to modify the black visor print of the commando helmets to get the accurate 'lighted' light blue visor, like on these ones below by minifigmaker.com. One would also need to customize the torso and leg prints, as well as getting the appropriate accessories and weapons if one would want to have the complete Delta Squad.

5162523393_20406d07cf_b.jpg

Get back in your workshop and make more customs! :P

Real life personal stuff is currently keeping me away from doing any lego-related activities (MOCs, customization, reviews), but when I find the time I'm sure I'll get back to doing these. :wink: