Gregorovich

Harry Potter 2012 Set Ideas Thread

By all appearances, it's the end of the line for Harry and Co. :sadnew:

Just consider this.....Super Heroes......is over half Time Warner branded heroes, TW and Lego only do one theme per year. :wink:

By all appearances, it's the end of the line for Harry and Co. :sadnew:

Just consider this.....Super Heroes......is over half Time Warner branded heroes, TW and Lego only do one theme per year. :wink:

I thought they'd expanded their relationship, whatever that applies to. :sceptic:

although I'm not upset the LEGO theme is ending (again), it's like saying goodbye to Harry Potter a third time and having that same weird feeling as I had each time. :tongue: First with the books, then with the films and now with the LEGO line. Luckily I'll still be creating lots of creations based on the fantastic wizarding world. :grin: And of course, there will be Pottermore in a few weeks to keep me inspired by more Harry Potter stuff!

Well said Matn, couldn't have put it better myself!

I would have loved to see a final Hogwarts castle that dwarfed all the others. The grand Daddy of Hogwarts castles. I'm talking huge. A kind of collector's edition thing.

The way I'm picturing it (and the only way for it to be affordable, really) is an entire line of HP sets, maybe 10 or so, each of them the size of the modular buildings in the town theme (grand emporium, etc.). Each module would be a large and very detailed part of Hogwarts. When you put all those 10 or so sets together, you'd have a huge Hogwarts castle, maybe around 20,000 pieces in total. All in amazing detail, all designed to slot together without non-lego gaps in between them. The models could be:

Outer walls.

Forbidden forest and Hagrid's hut.

Greenhouses.

Quidditch pitch.

Great hall.

Room of requirement.

Central courtyard.

Gryffindor tower.

Astronomy tower.

Dungeons and Slytherin common room.

Chamber of secrets.

Classrooms.

Each set could be designed and marketed as an individual set with self-contained play opportunities, so that it's worth getting even if you aren't able to collect them all. But it would be amazing to see them all come together.

And then a couple years later the same could be done for Hogsmeade. And then the castle and village could be put together next to each other. And you'd be in Lego Harry Potter heaven.

I would have loved to see a final Hogwarts castle that dwarfed all the others. The grand Daddy of Hogwarts castles. I'm talking huge. A kind of collector's edition thing.

The way I'm picturing it (and the only way for it to be affordable, really) is an entire line of HP sets, maybe 10 or so, each of them the size of the modular buildings in the town theme (grand emporium, etc.). Each module would be a large and very detailed part of Hogwarts. When you put all those 10 or so sets together, you'd have a huge Hogwarts castle, maybe around 20,000 pieces in total. All in amazing detail, all designed to slot together without non-lego gaps in between them. The models could be:

Outer walls.

Forbidden forest and Hagrid's hut.

Greenhouses.

Quidditch pitch.

Great hall.

Room of requirement.

Central courtyard.

Gryffindor tower.

Astronomy tower.

Dungeons and Slytherin common room.

Chamber of secrets.

Classrooms.

Each set could be designed and marketed as an individual set with self-contained play opportunities, so that it's worth getting even if you aren't able to collect them all. But it would be amazing to see them all come together.

And then a couple years later the same could be done for Hogsmeade. And then the castle and village could be put together next to each other. And you'd be in Lego Harry Potter heaven.

Why doesn't Lego do that? It would even fit with the adaptable morphing structure of Hogwarts, staircases move around constantly and the RoR itself changes it's entire shape. It would be a little impractical in sheer size, but it would be a great way for a detailed Hogwarts castle.

I don't see LEGO releasing such a great amount of huge sets. I don't think it would sell that well because of the room it would take and of course the high price card. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see something like that. That's why I'm making such a layout for myself! :tongue:

Lego's philosophy of these things is basically "If the company you're licensed with is done with what you've been marketing for, then stop marketing for it." However, I as an individual don't see it like that. Even though Harry potter is over, it's still a popular franchise. The novels are still selling strong, as well as the films, (which all have a fresh score on rotten tomatoes) and, who could forget Harry Potter? Really--just because the final movie came out doesn't automatically mean that it will be forgotten throughout time! Even non-harry potter fans remember our favorite wizard as that guy with weird glasses and a scar. The franchise is unforgettable. I still however, don't think lego will realize this and take it into consideration quite so easily. But, if you want to be optimistic, you could say that Indiana Jones' license lasted one more year after the movie came out (with sets like temple of doom, venice canal chase, shanghai chase, and Chauchilla cemetery battle.) and with lego superheroes, they're making sets for characters like the green lantern, (who's film came out months ago) Iron Man (Maybe a year) and Hulk. (a long time ago.) Why are they bringing them back? Because they're classics! Or maybe, (I dunno because I'm not hip like that) they all are getting a movie soon. Well anyways, putting that aside, if it is continued, here are my ideas:

The Department of mysteries

Minifigs: Harry, Lupin, Tonks, Kingsley S., Dumbledore, Voldemort, Bellatrix, and Lucius. (I would add more, but this is just me being realistic.

Cost: 89.95$ USD

Components: Shelves with prophecies, a red elevator, and an archway.

Detention in the forest (Also an add on to 4865)

Minifigs: Harry, Malfoy, Quirrel, (with cloak and hood) Firenze, and fang.

Cost: 29.99$ USD

Components: 2-3 trees and a Unicorn.

The Chamber of secrets

Minifigs: Harry, Tom riddle, Ginny, Ron, and Gilderoy Lockheart

Cost: 69.99$ USD

Compnents: Salazar Slytherin's face sculpture, Snake statues, and the basilisk.

The first task (Board game)

Microfigs: Harry, Fleur, Cedric, and Viktor.

Cost: 29.99$ USD

Components: Microbuilt dragon, rocks everywhere.

RavenClaw/HufflePuff tower (add on to hogwarts)

Minifigs: Luna, Cho Chang, Hufflepuff student,

Cost: 19.99$ USD

Components: Base of tower: Hufflepuff common room. Second level: Bathroom. (possibly Moaning Mertyl's.) Third level: Ravenclaw common room.

Edited by Squishy Stelactite

I don't see LEGO releasing such a great amount of huge sets. I don't think it would sell that well because of the room it would take and of course the high price card. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see something like that. That's why I'm making such a layout for myself! :tongue:

Agreed, but it would be cool.

Hogsmeade-comes with three broomsticks,Hogsmeade station(goes with hogwarts express),Honeydukes sweetshop.

MINIFIGS-Harry(winter clothes),Hermoine(winter clothes),Ron(winter clothes,Fred(Aurther weasley hair,f shirt,George(same as fred,G shirt),Madam Rosmerta(bellatrix outfit,narcissa malfoy hair,happy and angry face.Hagrid(same 2010)

hope those will help i am nicholas omes and my dad works at lego so i will see if i can tell him if

he can maybe make your sets have a nice day try and find me on lego.com,or twitter name is jimmypagelg.

thank you so much for your suggestions. :sweet:

Have there been any updates recently? I really hope this won't end up being like LEGO batman: dying when the game comes out :( I love LEGO Harry Potter and Star Wars! They just need more HP!!!

Have there been any updates recently? I really hope this won't end up being like LEGO batman: dying when the game comes out :( I love LEGO Harry Potter and Star Wars! They just need more HP!!!

But think about it. Sure the Batman theme died when the videogame was realeased, but a couple of years later we find out that a new Superheroes theme will come out including not just Batman but even more popular superheroes - making the theme better than it was before!

Now that is something that I would like to happen to the Harry Potter line. A Lego Novels theme anyone? :laugh:

But think about it. Sure the Batman theme died when the videogame was realeased, but a couple of years later we find out that a new Superheroes theme will come out including not just Batman but even more popular superheroes - making the theme better than it was before!

Now that is something that I would like to happen to the Harry Potter line. A Lego Novels theme anyone? :laugh:

Unlikely. With Superheroes, there's really only two companies LEGO needs licensing with. On the other hand, I don't think characters from books have the same type of ownership as comic book characters. While DC Comics owns most of their main superheroes, I doubt if most publishers have the rights to the characters from books published by them; those rights would probably belong to the individual authors. That would mean a huge amount of legal wrangling for a theme that, let's face it, wouldn't be very cohesive. Most DC heroes occupy the same world, and crossovers are the name of the game in comics. But there's less freedom to mix and match characters with novels. The final nail in the coffin for such a theme is that unless there is a tie-in movie, merchandise based on novels alone will be abyssmal. One only needs look at the wares in Toys R Us to see that movie merchandise is far more common, and more successful, than toys based on books alone.

I think that the only hope for HP is if they make The Tales of Beedle the Bard into a movie, which is so unlikely that I doubt they would even consider it. Then, again, if the movies are re-released in 3D, TLG would probably make the most of it. Then HP would return! :sweet:

I dont know if anyone would agree but who would like the Harry Potter Lego brand to get a makeover?. The most obvious one being Harry, his face print and hair piece.

Listening to my two boys this afternoon watching The Half Blood Prince(They are 6). They would like to see Harry in much more varied torsos/clothes and the same for Hermione and Ron etc.

Accepting that this is a kids toy and nds to retain a "lego" look, who would like to see a greater variety in the minifigs, their placement in sets and the tone of the later films being reflected in the sets?

I really want to see another sets of hogwarts these year. I mean it's too little if they will just let other sets at it is. I think it's time to add something new to add and combine to the actual sets they had now. I think it would be better if they include other professors like Prof. Trelawney, Umbridge, Moody, Quirell, Slughorn and Lockhart. They can separate and combine professors to two or three sets (or more). Like Quirell in 3rd floor corridor. Lockhart in Chamber of Secrets. Moody in Goblet of fire castle. Umbridge and Trelawney in Order of the Pheonix and Slughorn in Half-Blood prince castle. They can also include students like Lavender Brown, Dean Thomas, Crabbe, Zabini, Katie and many more. I mean it's too small for an epic series. Why can't LEGO make Harry Potter theme like Star Wars. I mean it's definitely over but it's doesn't mean they should stop the series. :(

Why can't LEGO make Harry Potter theme like Star Wars. I mean it's definitely over but it's doesn't mean they should stop the series. :(

Seriously, 'davidbrisk' you said it yourself 'it's definitely over' and you are right....there are no more HP sets coming. :wink:

And you can't compare HP to SW, the Star Wars universe is far larger than the Harry Potter one. :wink:

Plus that font size ? :blush:

Seriously, 'davidbrisk' you said it yourself 'it's definitely over' and you are right....there are no more HP sets coming. :wink:

And you can't compare HP to SW, the Star Wars universe is far larger than the Harry Potter one. :wink:

Plus that font size ? :blush:

Yah, Star Wars definitely larger than Harry Potter. But it's obvious it's not complete. I just wish to have more sets, that's it :sadnew:

Yah, Star Wars definitely larger than Harry Potter. But it's obvious it's not complete. I just wish to have more sets, that's it :sadnew:

Well, that's what MOC building is for, you fill in your own missing pieces to whatever you think is missing. :wink:

While most of us would indeed be excited by the prospect of further sets in the line, we have to be mindful that TLG is a business. If continuing the line isn't seen as profitable without new movies or books to garner interest, they just won't do it.

We should also remember that, while Star Wars is very popular, it has probably continued for the most part because new source material keeps coming out. Interest in Star Wars in general remains at a steady level since there is the Clone Wars and all the re-issues of the movies.

If at some point Rowling returns to the series or there's some sort of spin-off series in either book or TV form, we may see new sets. Until then, we may never see a full-blown LEGO Harry Potter line again.

I think the Harry potter universe is much bigger.

How? Lego Star Wars has a whole forum on here. Plus, what about the whole Expanded Universe?

How? Lego Star Wars has a whole forum on here. Plus, what about the whole Expanded Universe?

I love Harry Potter, and the LEGO theme (which is easily one of my favorites, along with Star Wars), but, the Harry Potter universe is not as big as the Star Wars universe. Just as exciting and captivating? Yes. Just as huge? No.

Just because Starwars has its own forum does not mean that the starwars universe is larger. It just means that since starwars is one of legos largest themes, it needs its own forum.

Not something that I had considered but HP does now have its own theme park in the US and the WB HP studios are opening here in the UK. SW has neither of those and the companies must be sure of HP's long term appeal to have invested so much money in the attractions

While I'm not up to speed on the goings about of SW fanatics, I know your above statement is false. I'm not entirely sure how you mean, "Universe". Do you mean literal fan base, or the imaginary "Wizarding World?". Either way, I still think you're at a loss. For one thing, SW movies had a 20+ year head start of getting fans. Just from here say of TV and Internet, the SW fans are much more hardcore than HP.

Speaking of the latter, while wizards are "among Muggles :tongue:, they're still isn't much "world" for them. They have the castle grounds, and a couple small villages(where they can be free to be who they are). Now, SW on the other hand, is an entire universe(possibly more), full of planets. I'm sure the SW aficionados here can better explain that world.