Gregorovich

Harry Potter 2012 Set Ideas Thread

I know that there is a very small chance of any Harry Potter battle packs but what would you want to have. I think that there would be a death-eater pack (3 generic and a leader possibly Scabior) and then a Dumbledore's Army battle pack- Ernie Macmillian, Cho Chang, Lavender Brown and Seamus Finnagin - that way you would get the ravenclaw and hufflepuff uniforms.

But battle packs tend to have something extra. E.g. star wars have mini ships or turrets. So what would you want as the extra parts???

I know that there is a very small chance of any Harry Potter battle packs but what would you want to have. I think that there would be a death-eater pack (3 generic and a leader possibly Scabior) and then a Dumbledore's Army battle pack- Ernie Macmillian, Cho Chang, Lavender Brown and Seamus Finnagin - that way you would get the ravenclaw and hufflepuff uniforms.

But battle packs tend to have something extra. E.g. star wars have mini ships or turrets. So what would you want as the extra parts???

Well Scabior isn't a death eater, he's a snatcher but he could be in a snatcher battle pack with fenrir greyback and 2 other regular snatchers. If they had to come with something, the dumbledores army one could come with a death eater practice dummy and maybe a patronus, if they made a new mold for them. The death eater one could come with maybe a small section of the table from malfoy manor and a fireplace..idk. That ones tough. Maybe a giant or a dementor or a small ruined section of hogwarts that you could add onto the castle.

Well Scabior isn't a death eater, he's a snatcher but he could be in a snatcher battle pack with fenrir greyback and 2 other regular snatchers. If they had to come with something, the dumbledores army one could come with a death eater practice dummy and maybe a patronus, if they made a new mold for them. The death eater one could come with maybe a small section of the table from malfoy manor and a fireplace..idk. That ones tough. Maybe a giant or a dementor or a small ruined section of hogwarts that you could add onto the castle.

OR possible both came with pieces of a tower which when put together made a tower. Obviously this would probably require other packs. so I guess a teacher pack, Order of the Phoenix and the death eaters on top of the snatchers and dumbledore's army

Anyway the chance of any battle packs is low so yeah. . . . . . . :cry_sad:

I have a strange idea :

Why not create a collectible subtheme for harry potter like Ninjago ?

May be Quidditch subtheme ? With cards and rules to play with your friends ?

I propose this :

Team pack or duel pack

4 figures, some accessories

Price 12.99$

Booster pack :

Boost your team ! Collect the 10 figures from Harry Potter Quidditch

Each packet have 2 randoms minifigures !

Price : 4$

Hogwarts Quidditch pitch :

Play your own Quidditch match with your friends here !

Madam Hooch, Lee Jordan and spectators

Price : I Don't know really :laugh:

What do you think ?

Oh and for regulars sets I just hope some battlpacks to make a real battle for Hogwarts !

And a "Battle Over Little Whinging" set for this : http://images.wikia.com/harrypotter/images/3/3b/Vlcsnap-2010-06-29-01h14m33s160.jpg

Edited by Arkanta

Madam Malkins! It would be a great way for the TLG to introduce genuine Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw Uniforms.

Features: Shop, till, stand for customer to be measured on, clothes hanger, with Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff uniforms on, draws; possibly with money inside, various other wizardry clothing; such as hats and cloaks.

Minifigures: Harry Potter; in muggle clothing, Draco Malfoy: In casual clothing, Madam Malkin; Willie Scott hair.

Price: £20-25

I like that Madam Malkin's set idea, Red Bricks. As I'm doing a Philosopher's Stone Brick-Film, I need that location, and Madam Malkin! There could also be some other add-on to 4842 Hogwarts set like 4867 Hogwarts:

4843 Hogwarts Classrooms

Minifigures:

• Professor Sybill Trelawney (Reddish-Brown Elizabeth Swann hair, same face as 2004, maybe with a little more detail, medium blue torso and dresspiece with aligning shawls and bangles, dark bluish grey wand)
  • Professor Horace Slughorn (Light bluish-grey male hairpiece, J Jonah Jameson head, Henry Jones Sr. torso, dark tan legs, light bluish grey wand)
  • Professor Filius Flitwick (Same as he is in 4842, reddish brown wand)
  • Cho Chang (Marion Ravenwood hair, Tamina head, Ravenclaw torso, black legs, reddish brown wand)
  • Cedric Diggory (Anakin Skywalker hair, new light-flesh Han Solo head, Hufflepuff torso, Black legs, reddish brown wand)
  • Parvati Patil (Black Dumbledore/Filch hair, dual head, happy on one side, angry on other, Gryffindor torso, black legs, tan wand)
  • Pansy Parkinson (Black Irina Spalko hair, Tamina head, Slytherin torso, black legs, black wand)

Structure: Two towers (Same as 4842 tower), and Herbology greenhouse.

First Tower:

• Ground Floor is the Hufflepuff Dungeon with chair, desk and fireplace.
  • First Floor is the Potions Office with desk, chair and ingredients.
  • Second Floor is the Ravenclaw Common Room with 2 chairs and a desk.
  • Top Floor is the Quidditch Equipment Storage area with chest with balls in, brooms with broom holders, and places to store Beater's bats and Keeper's Helmets)

Second Tower:

• Ground Floor is Filch's Dream Dungeon with chains and places to hang students by their ankles.
  • First Floor is Filch's Office, with a desk and chair, the desk has drawers, one of which houses a letter from Kwikspell.
  • Second Floor is a room with lots of barrels of wands.
  • Top Floor is the Transfiguration Classroom with 2 chairs, a teacher's desk, and a rat.

Herbology greenhouse: similar to the 5378 greenhouse, but larger, with lots of plants, and pots with Mandrakes in.

Price: £49.99

4844 Chamber of Secrets

Minifigures:

• Harry Potter (Same as 4842, reddish brown wand)
  • Ron Weasley (Same as 4738, reddish brown wand)
  • Ginny Weasley (Same as 4841, black wand)
  • Professor Gilderoy Lockhart (Same hair, torso and legs before, but light flesh version of 2002 face, tan wand)
  • Tom Riddle (Black Lockhart hair, dual head, angry on one side, innocent-looking on the other side, white wand)
  • Moaning Myrtle (Black female hair, dual head, angry on one side, sad on other, Ravenclaw torso, black legs)
  • Fawkes (Same as 2002)

Structure: Tower similar to Vanishing Cabinet tower in 4842, but three times as wide, with three floors:

• Top floor is Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, and it includes 2 cubicles, and 3 sinks, one of which has a snake print and a trapdoor underneath it, and you can push a lever on the outside so the minifig can fall down the trapdoor into the next level.
  • Middle floor is where the figures fall down into, there is a basilisk skin, and you can place rocks down to separate Harry and Ron.
  • Bottom floor is the actual Chamber of secrets, where there is the statue of Salazar Slytherin, and the (Redesigned) Basilisk comes through. The set would also include the Sorting Hat from 4842 and the sword of Gryffindor.

Price: £49.99

4845 The Time-Turner

Minifigures:

• Harry Potter (Same dual head but dirtier-looking, dirty Harry 2010/2011 casual torso, torn-up dark tan trousers, reddish brown wand)
  • Sirius Black (Dark brown Dastan hair, dual head (looks like he does in Years 5-7), happy on one side, angry on the other, light bluish gray torn-up Azkaban shirt, light bluish gray pants, light bluish grey)
  • Hermione Granger (Old bushy hair, same dual head but dirtier-looking, dirty-looking Luna torso, torn-up reddish brown trousers, tan wand)
  • Buckbeak (Same as 2004, has an added plate on his back for one more minifig to stand/sit)
  • Madam Poppy Pomfrey (White Luminara Undili headgear, dual head, happy on one side, angry on the other, red torso and dresspiece that look like she is wearing a robe, reddish brown wand)
  • Ron Weasley (Same dual head but dirtier-looking, dirty Ron 2010/2011 casual torso, torn-up reddish-brown trousers, reddish brown wand)
  • Dementor (Same as 2010/2011)

Structure: Same as 4842 Vanishing Cabinet tower, but twice as wide:

• Bottom floor is a dungeon pathway, with candles and a statue of a knight.
  • Middle floor is the hospital wing, with a bed with curtains that can be pushed around the bed by a tube hanging above the bed.
  • Top floor is Sirius' Hogwarts cell. Includes a door that opens to reveal the cell. Has space for Buckbeak to stand outside the cell.

Price: £54.99

I'll add more to future posts as I think of more ideas.

Matt

Edited by MattieG7

I like that Madam Malkin's set idea, Red Bricks. As I'm doing a Philosopher's Stone Brick-Film, I need that location, and Madam Malkin! There could also be some other add-on to 4842 Hogwarts set like 4867 Hogwarts, with 2 towers with 4 levels (Although bottom floor is taller than 4867, like it is in the Slytherin Common Room and an extra area in the middle of the two (Like the 4867 Viaduct), although unlike 4867, the connecting pins aren't actually attached to the Viaduct):

4843 Hogwarts Classrooms (Don't know a suitable set name :laugh: )

Minifigures: Professor Trelawney (So she can occupy the Divination classroom in 4867), Professor Slughorn, Vincent Crabbe or Pansy Parkinson or Blaise Zabini, Cho Chang, Cedric Diggory

Features:

First Tower: Ground Floor is the Hufflepuff Dungeon with chairs and fireplace. First Floor is the Potions Classroom (So Snape from 4842 has a place to teach) with teacher's desk, blackboard and 2 chairs with a cauldron, with exploding cauldron function. Second Floor is the Ravenclaw Common Room with 2 chairs and a fireplace. Top Floor is the Quidditch Equipment Storage area with chest with balls in, brooms with broom holders, and places to store Beater's bats and Keeper's Helmets)

Second Tower: Ground Floor is Filch's Dream Dungeon with chains and places to hang students by their ankles (Thought that would be a funny thing for kids). First Floor is Filch's Office, with a desk and chair, the desk has drawers, one of which houses a letter from Kwikspell. Second Floor is the Transfiguration Classroom (So McGonagall from 4842 has a place to teach) with 2 chairs, a teacher's desk, and a rat. Top Floor is a room with lots of barrels of wands.)

Viaduct-esque area is the Herbology greenhouse (So Sprout has a place to teach) similar to the 5378 greenhouse, but larger, with lots of plants, and pots with Mandrakes in.

I imagine it would be round-about the same price as 4867, might be a bit less as there is less minifigs.

I'll add more as I think of more ideas.

Matt

What about Flitwick!

What about Flitwick!

Oh yeah! But he came in the 4842 set, but some people might not of been able to buy it, so it would be a cheaper way to get him if I put him in :P I'll add him in aswell :sweet: I'm thinking of another set like it, which includes Dumbledore, because the only way to get him is in 4842. I'm trying to make all of my Hogwarts ideas include at least 1 Hufflepuff and/or Ravenclaw torso :classic:

Matt

4843 Hogwarts Classrooms (Don't know a suitable set name :laugh: )

Minifigures: Professor Trelawney (So she can occupy the Divination classroom in 4867), Professor Slughorn, Professor Flitwick, Vincent Crabbe or Pansy Parkinson or Blaise Zabini, Cho Chang, Cedric Diggory

Features:

First Tower: Ground Floor is the Hufflepuff Dungeon with chairs and fireplace. First Floor is the Potions Classroom (So Snape from 4842 has a place to teach) with teacher's desk, blackboard and 2 chairs with a cauldron, with exploding cauldron function. Second Floor is the Ravenclaw Common Room with 2 chairs and a fireplace. Top Floor is the Quidditch Equipment Storage area with chest with balls in, brooms with broom holders, and places to store Beater's bats and Keeper's Helmets)

Second Tower: Ground Floor is Filch's Dream Dungeon with chains and places to hang students by their ankles (Thought that would be a funny thing for kids). First Floor is Filch's Office, with a desk and chair, the desk has drawers, one of which houses a letter from Kwikspell. Second Floor is the Transfiguration Classroom (So McGonagall from 4842 has a place to teach) with 2 chairs, a teacher's desk, and a rat. Top Floor is a room with lots of barrels of wands.)

Viaduct-esque area is the Herbology greenhouse (So Sprout has a place to teach) similar to the 5378 greenhouse, but larger, with lots of plants, and pots with Mandrakes in.

I imagine it would be round-about the same price as 4867, might be a bit less as there is less minifigs.

I'll add more as I think of more ideas.

Matt

This is a great idea, they could make A WHOLE series of extensions so the hogwarts sets can either be 1) more enjoyable and 2) if you don't want the whole series you can just collect the bits that you want. The only thing is, 4842 is designed so it's exterior looks like the real Hogwarts, so maybe too many extensions would ruin the look, but I really hope they make something like your idea! :classic:

This is a great idea, they could make A WHOLE series of extensions so the hogwarts sets can either be 1) more enjoyable and 2) if you don't want the whole series you can just collect the bits that you want. The only thing is, 4842 is designed so it's exterior looks like the real Hogwarts, so maybe too many extensions would ruin the look, but I really hope they make something like your idea! :classic:

Wasn't the very first wave of Hogwarts sets supposed to fit together into the larger castle? Not that it did it very well.

Wasn't the very first wave of Hogwarts sets supposed to fit together into the larger castle? Not that it did it very well.

Well let's face it, the theme had only just started out, they hadn't had much experience with it and after 10 years they would surely make it much better than before?

Personally, I think it's the end of the road for the LEGO Harry Potter line. It's a real pity, the last 3 sets really weren't anything special, and it'd be great for the line to end with one last big set.

A Diagon Alley-style Hogsmeade would be wonderful. 3 buildings, the Three Broomsticks, Honeydukes and the Shrieking Shack!

Figures including;

The trio, (Obvious reasons, you can't have a big Potter set without them)

Sirius Black, Wormtail, Lupin (All 3 for the Shrieking Shack)

Slughorn (From Half Blood Prince part in the Three Broomsticks)

Madam Rosmerta (Does it need saying?)

Fudge (Bit of a long shot, he was in Hogsmeade in the PoA)

Crabbe (Seen as we have a Goyle figure and Crabbe was outside the striking shack once) a

Cho (From Harry's date with her in the 5th book, again, a bit of a long shot, seen as it wasn't in the film)

Rita Skeeter (Long shot again, OotP, Harry's interview. It'd be awesome to have a Rita figure though).

Price tag, around the same as Diagon Alley.

I'd be a great way to round off one of my favourite LEGO lines.

Personally, I think it's the end of the road for the LEGO Harry Potter line. It's a real pity, the last 3 sets really weren't anything special, and it'd be great for the line to end with one last big set.

A Diagon Alley-style Hogsmeade would be wonderful. 3 buildings, the Three Broomsticks, Honeydukes and the Shrieking Shack!

A Diagon Alley-like Hogsmead set would be wonderful indeed! Not only as a set, but also a great send off of the HP Line! Then again, I'd love to see more if possible of course! I think these three shops aren't a bad idea at all at all as these have been visited by our trio at least once in different movies of the series (films only). Shrieking Shack and Honeydukes in Prisoner of Azkaban, and The three broomsticks return in Half Blood Prince! I feel however, that either the Shrieking or Honeydukes might be replaced by the Hog's head as it has a very important part to play in the most, recent movies. Dumbledore's army meeting in Order of the Phoenix, Aberforth in Deathly Hallows. And we already had a quite good Shrieking Shack and Honeydukes' inside is pretty but Harry doesn't spend much time in there, even though it's his personnal way of getting into Hogsmeade in the first place! :laugh: Then again, if these sets are to be made with the Hog's head I'd see this list of minifigures

-Trio (duh :tongue:)

-Aberforth

-Mme Rosmerta

-Slughorn (might be too long of a shot, but why not after all)

-Hagrid

-Fudge (possibly, not sure though if they'd make him)

-And someone like Neville, for part of the DA meeting and the Deathly Hallows portrait meeting.

Bringing the minifigures up to 9, reasonable, just like Diagon Alley

I think that Rita Skeeter and Cho might be too much to ask, considering that neither of these have any business in Hogsmead (In the films) Except Cho if the Hog's head were to be made!

I thought about saying The Hogs Head instead of Honeydukes, but seen as there is already one pub in the set (The Three Broomsticks) it seems more likely that LEGO would vary it and have another shop, rather than two pubs.

You're certainly right about the Cho and Rita figures, I'd just love figures of those two, mainly a Cho figure, and if LEGO would even make a figure of her, I'm sure they'd put her in casual clothes rather than making a Ravenclaw uniform, which makes me think Cho in Hogsmeade.

Come on LEGO, give us the send off we deserve!

Edited by SuperChris

SOME GODDAMN GENERIC HUFFLEPUFF AND RAVENCLAW STUDENTS.

They really should do some battle pack like sets. One set per house. 5 figures. 2 Males and 2 Females in school uniform and one Quiddich robe.

Gryffindor Common Room: Boys dormitory, Main common room, swinging portrait.

Figs: One or more of the trio. (just because they have to) Dean Thomas, Seamus Finnigan, Lavender Brown. Neville Longbottom.

It has all of the well known secondary Gryffindorians. Plus a pretty big set full of red.

Room of Requirement: Full of stupid flick fires and play features the kids love.

Figs: Harry, Luna, Cho Chang, Ginny, Neville someone from hufflepuff.

Voldemort vs Dumbledore in the ministry Gold Fountain.

Figs: Harry, Voldemort and Dumbledore.

Battle of the ministry megaset: Prophecy chamber and the veil.

Figs: Sirius. Tonks, Bellatrix, Lucius Malfoy, bunch of random death eaters. Trio.

A Hogsmeade set would be great, especially if it was in the same style as the Diagon Alley set :thumbup: A Slughorn minifig wouldn't be farfetched IMO, even though I'd prefer him to be in a Hogwarts set so he could have his mortarboard. I'd imagine him to look like this:

slughorn1.png

(My younger sister made this on photoshop)

Felix Felicis anyone? :laugh:

A Hogsmeade set would be great, especially if it was in the same style as the Diagon Alley set :thumbup: A Slughorn minifig wouldn't be farfetched IMO, even though I'd prefer him to be in a Hogwarts set so he could have his mortarboard. I'd imagine him to look like this:

slughorn1.png

Felix Felicis anyone? :laugh:

Coll. Did you see my Slughorn MOC?

Lego-Freak, your Slughorn looks like an official figure! Perfect! I really hope we get him if we do get more sets.

I really like your sister's Slughorn!! If an official Slughorn is released I hope he will have this funny facial expression Broadbent often has in the movie - it's not really like blinking, but focusing on an object with just one eye

(I hope I am allowed to post this image though it's probably copyrighted?)

I would really like to have baby mandrakes, pixies and other magical creatures, they could be in another add-on. If there is a mistake in the new Hogwarts sets, it's the lack of magic, I think. Magical creatures, moving portraits, ghosts and objects like the monster book add so much to the atmosphere of the books (and films), and it's a shame when the castle is totally lacking them, especially as some of them are so cute in the game!

Off topic: Does anyone know how to build those moles that are in the game?

post-18698-131443185481.jpeg

Some more modular Hogwarts ideas (I'll put 3 sets per post :classic:) :

4846 Dumbledore's Army

Minifigures:

• Harry Potter (Same as 4842, reddish brown wand)
  • Ron Weasley (Same as 4738, reddish brown wand)
  • Hermione Granger (Same as 4842, tan wand)
  • Luna Lovegood (Same as 4841, except Ravenclaw torso, black legs, earth orange wand)
  • Cho Chang (Same as 4843, reddish brown wand)
  • Hannah Abbott (Bright light yellow Willie Scott hair, newest Marion Ravenwood head, Hufflepuff torso, black trousers, reddish brown wand)
  • Michael Corner (Black Snape hair, second-newest Luke Skywalker face, Ravenclaw torso, black trousers, tan wand)
  • Professor Dolores Umbridge (Same as 5378, except dual head, angry on one side, innocent-looking on the other side, reddish brown wand)

Structure: Same as 4842 Vanishing Cabinet tower, but twice as wide:

• Ground floor is the Room of Requirement with practise dummies and exploding wall function
  • First floor is Umbridge's office, with desk, chair, quill and posters of cats and plates with cats on
  • Second floor is a detention room with 5 desks with quills, and a teacher's desk with seat and quill

Price: £59.99

4847 The Philosopher's Stone

Minifigures:

• Harry Potter (Same as 4845 but dark blue trousers, reddish brown wand, dark orange wand with flute pattern)
  • Ron Weasley (Same as 4845, reddish brown wand)
  • Hermione Granger (Same as 4845, but light flesh legs with black pleated skirt pattern, tan wand)
  • Professor Quirinus Quirrell (Same as 4701, except dual side face, Alamut Guard face (Stern) on one side, Voldemort on other side, black wand)
  • Fluffy (Same as 4706)
  • 2x Black Chess Pieces
  • 2x White Chess Pieces

Structure: 4842 Vanishing Cabinet tower but twice as wide and an added level:

• Top floor is a hallway leading to the Trapdoor room with Fluffy and a trapdoor.
  • Second floor is the Devil's snare room with lots of Devil's Snare, and also the winged keys room with lots of keys.
  • First floor is the chessroom with a 4x4 black and white grid (Each square is a 2x2 tile), with a door leading to the potion riddle room, with 7 different looking potions.
  • Ground floor is the Mirror of Erised room, with the Mirror of Erised, and lots of fire

Price: £59.99

Will complete the description another time :tongue:

Matt

Edited by MattieG7

It's possible the line isn't done for - if Pottermore really takes off, it may be enough to sustain interest in new sets, though I don't know how the licensing would work for that since TLG wouldn't be going through Warner Bros. anymore. My personal preference would be new sets for all four common rooms, at a price point around $29.99 each to allow for a reasonable level of detail but not so much that it would break the bank to collect them all.

Unfortunately the lack of news would seem to indicate the end of the line, especially as most of the sets for the winter have now been leaked.

I think our only real hope now is that there will be a nice exclusive set to round of the theme. But even this is more hope than expectation.

Unfortunately you are correct. There are no new HP sets for 1H and 2H 2012.

And I think that big "farawell exclusive set" was Diagon Alley (ok, there were some sets AFTER that, but just because exclusive set timetable clashed with last movie).

So I guess when certain theme gets its exclusive set, it's time to say goodbye to it (current example is kingdoms)

Unfortunately you are correct. There are no new HP sets for 1H and 2H 2012.

And I think that big "farawell exclusive set" was Diagon Alley (ok, there were some sets AFTER that, but just because exclusive set timetable clashed with last movie).

So I guess when certain theme gets its exclusive set, it's time to say goodbye to it (current example is kingdoms)

I refuse to believe that Kingdoms will be discontinued. It's only been out 2 years....

I was really hoping for more HP, but it would appear there will be none...I think I'll go and cry in a corner default_sing.gif

I was also really hoping for more. There are of course many great ideas for new sets which I'd love to see, and don't get me started on the characters I'd love to see in LEGO. But the Diagon Alley set is really a fantastic set to end the series with, so I'm not complaining at all. I was so happily surprised when the rumours began of a new LEGO Harry Potter line, and although I'm not upset the LEGO theme is ending (again), it's like saying goodbye to Harry Potter a third time and having that same weird feeling as I had each time. :tongue: First with the books, then with the films and now with the LEGO line. Luckily I'll still be creating lots of creations based on the fantastic wizarding world. :grin: And of course, there will be Pottermore in a few weeks to keep me inspired by more Harry Potter stuff!

Edited by Matn