Be sure togive us an update with some pictures once it's there :laugh:

As requested, here are some pictures of all of the Lambo's, now with Skyliner's Countach present. Looks pretty good with the others I'd have to say.

dsc_3154small.jpgdsc_3155small.jpg

dsc_3156small.jpgdsc_3157small.jpg

dsc_3158small.jpg

Yeah, it can be denied that it is damn impressive ! :thumbup:

very nice work! fantastic to be able to see them altogether! just need some chrome wheels for the countach!

Is there a parts list for the Murcielago? i feel the need to build....

skyliner

Edited by skyliner

The Murcielago is probably my favorite technic car so far. I am forced to build it in red though because those yellow parts are just impossible to find :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Meatman

very nice work! fantastic to be able to see them altogether! just need some chrome wheels for the countach!

I can't decide if I want to do chrome wheels or not. I like that all 3 are a little different. The Murcielago uses chrome wheels, the Gallardo uses black wheels with custom hubs, and the Countach uses light gray. Actually, some gold or copper plated wheels would be fantastic here.

You'll also notice that I made a couple of aesthetic customizations. Firstly, I changed the interior from white to tan and red and I made the dash dark grey. I just wanted to set off all that lack of color with something, and I like the way it turned out. Another subtle thing I did was replace all the blue. All the blue long friction pins are black, and all the blue axle pins are light gray. I think it looks better this way since the blue pins were distracting (but much easier to find).

Is there a parts list for the Murcielago? i feel the need to build....

The easiest way to generate a parts list is to download the CAD file from my Brickshelf folder and then export the parts list from LDView. Otherwise, if you don't know how to do that, you can PM me and I can send you the Brickstore file with the inventory. I don't think I can upload it to Brickshelf.

I was busy over the weekend and decided to do revolving animations for all of these cars, as well as most of the other MOCs I've built. Here are the ones from this thread:

revolve.gifrevolve.gifrevolve.gif

revolve.gifrevolve.gifsuper-revolve.gif

I think that Erik Leppen's Bughatti (which I just finished modeling) may be the next car in my future:

complete1.jpgcomplete2.jpg

Edited by Blakbird

Isnt it supposed to be called "Bugatti"? Which is it, EB110 or Veyron? (I can not tell from pictures)

Isnt it supposed to be called "Bugatti"? Which is it, EB110 or Veyron? (I can not tell from pictures)

I may have spelled it wrong. He didn't really design it to be any specific car, someone just told him it looked like an EB110. It actually have quite a few differences.

I think that Erik Leppen's Bughatti (which I just finished modeling) may be the next car in my future:

This one by Eric Leppen is not bad too!

legopagani2011_000.jpg

This one by Eric Leppen is not bad too!

I had not seen that before. Thanks very much for the link. I think that is the next CAD file I will create.

If you build those and want more, don't forget about Ming Thein's Lego Technic 1970 Porsche 917K:

I've LOVED Ming Thein's cars for a long time. However, he does not publish any kind of photographic building instructions or details of construction, so I have no way to duplicate one of those cars.

I was busy over the weekend and decided to do revolving animations for all of these cars, as well as most of the other MOCs I've built. Here are the ones from this thread.

I had a request to do an animation of one of these cars doing a "doughnut" or a "cookie". This is basically a zero radius turn done by burning the back tires. I chose the Murcielago for this animation because it has the front wheels turned (and looks cool). I changed the rotation center from the geometric center of the model to the point between the front tires. I also lowered the camera and added a LOT more perspective so it looks like you are close to the car. For something like this, I also thought it would look better with a floor so I added a black, slightly reflective plane. Finally, I used a 3:1 aspect ratio. I think it turned out very well. I considered actually having the back tires spinning, but the frame rate of this animation is far too slow to really show anything, especially considering how fast burning tires would be spinning. If I really wanted to get fancy, I could blur the rear tires like I did to the rotor on this helicopter render, but doing 80 frames of that would take almost literally forever.

doughnut.gif

Before anyone makes the comment, I'm aware that the Murcielago is all wheel drive and probably wouldn't spin this way like a rear wheel drive car. I guess the only way to be sure is for someone to try it!

Sweet animation! How many frames are there in total?

80 frames. Each frame represents a rotation of 4.5 degrees. Each frame dwells for 0.05 seconds, so the total rotation time is 4 seconds, 15 rpm.

Great animation indeed! It certainly shows off the car well. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Edited by buddy

On his Brickshelf gallery, "ouf" posted a great collection of large-scale Lego Technic cars. The new 8070 Supercar set is there, along with many AFOLs' Supercars:

dsc01867.jpg

Are that cars build by himself? Otherwise I would like to now where I can get the instructions (of the afol cars of course).

@ legolijntje: Here are the Building Instructions hyperlinks to the cars pictured above which I recognized:

At the 9:00 position: Skyliner's Lamborghini Countach. On this post, he said that the PDF Building Instructions are available via e-mail if you contact him (via Eurobricks Private Message, or via the tiny e-mail address visible on sky-liner's Brickshelf picture images). A Lamborghini Gallardo set made by ????

At the 11:00 position: Lego Technic Supercar 8070 set.

At the 1:00 position: Crowkillers' Lamborghini Murcielago. Photo-sequence building images on his Brickshelf gallery.

At the 2:00 position: [i don't know what this is, or who created it. Can anybody help with the identification, and source of Building Instructions?] A blacked-out 8653 Enzo Ferrari 1:10 set.

At the 4:00 position: Crowkillers' Lamborghini Gallardo (with PDF Building Instructions done by Blakbird). :thumbup: The black and red versions are shown on Crowkillers' Brickshelf gallery; the PDF instructions are for the red version.

Not pictured in ouf's collection above -- Jurgen Krooshoop's "Little Devil" (available on Jurgen's Technic Corner):

wpfed5a115.gifwpc2616831.png

Edited by DLuders

I need to change my pants.

At 9:00, it doesn't look like it's the Countach but another Gallardo.

And at 2:00, it looks like a blacked out 8653 to me..

Edited by flyz

@ flyz: Yes, you're correct, the 9:00 car is not a Lamborghini Countach but another Gallardo, but who designed that one?

The blacked-out 8653 Enzo Ferrari 1:10 set (pictured in red below) has its building instructions available on the Lego Customer Service website (you may have to click the link twice to get past the Shop.Lego.com website). Here is a direct link to the 8653's PDF Building Instructions.

8653-1.jpg

@ flyz: Yes, you're correct, the 9:00 car is not a Lamborghini Countach but another Gallardo, but who designed that one?

They look like they are both Paul Boratko's Gallardo designs, but they appear to be altered somewhat and the Yellow Murcielago looks like there are some things not quite put together correctly.

They look like they are both Paul Boratko's Gallardo designs, but they appear to be altered somewhat and the Yellow Murcielago looks like there are some things not quite put together correctly.

My guess is that they were made from the pictures off Paul's BS folder instead of blakbird's mpd.

Speaking of the Murcielago, the yellow #4 connectors are a pain to get, and mighty expensive. I'm in the process of getting parts to build mine and I might just have to substitute that part for a black or a dark bley part....

Edited by flyz