Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Werewolf Mafia Confirmation & Discussion thread

*looking for Philip Peers/Peanuts' head in previous mafias... *

hmm.. interesting!

:grin:

I don't say we should judge people by their heads. I just say hosts shall stop using this head, especially for scum. Not that I want to criticize someone dircetly, just saying in general.

But I don't see what' so bad about my head? It was town in every game I can think of.

That's fine Peanuts, I was more making a note now before more people started discussing the convictions etc. If you're a player in the game, then what you say in here can affect people's thinking, and most players disapprove of that.

Plus, it is in the rules. :grin:

Still waiting on one person's night action (which is still acceptable until 7 PM CST), but I appreciate everyone's punctuality. default_satisfied.gif

It was pretty early, but Day 2 has been posted. If the schedule is too fast for anyone, please let me know, but I figured with the 24 hour no-voting period, everyone would have ample time to catch up.

That's been fast, good job, JimButcher. :thumbup:

It's not too fast for me, the quicker the better.

Considering you use 72 hour days, I don't think anyone will have a problem with short nights. I like a fast-paced game. :thumbup:

Wow! I wasn't expecting Day 2 to be up so quickly. :laugh:

This is turning out to be a great game, JimButcher!

Thanks for the shortened night! I was dying to see the story continue... :classic:

I will comment when the game is over because I'm afraid to say anything that will get Draggy cracking down on me :grin: . Thanks for the short playing time Butcher, I'll follow the game from the outsides. Best of luck everyone!

Well, that was a fun first day, thanks for all your efforts JimBee, I enjoyed it. Second game I've been killed off on the first night, someone must love me. :laugh:

Don't worry everyone, I will be following the game closely and will make sure you all listen to your host. :devil:

Thanks for the shortened night! I was dying to see the story continue... :classic:

Agreed! I was just complaining that the new day wasn't up, when I was swiftly told that it was in fact up, and I hadn't even looked. :tongue: Good stuff.

Hinck, you never fail to amuse me! :laugh: Thanks for acknowledging that I'm left-handed. :thumbup:

:laugh: Hinckley is being rather entertaining this game!

By the way, how did he know that you're left-handed? :wacko:

:laugh: Hinckley is being rather entertaining this game!

By the way, how did he know that you're left-handed? :wacko:

Lucky guess.

I have an odd recollection for trivia.

I have to say, I'm loving Harriets "plays" they're putting a smile on my face every time I read them, even if they are accusing me :tongue:

I have to say, I'm loving Harriets "plays" they're putting a smile on my face every time I read them, even if they are accusing me :tongue:

Your play was fun too. :sweet:

Your play was fun too. :sweet:

thanks, but I am no where near an accomplished playwright such as yourself.

Can I just say, some of the spelling in the main thread is atrocious. Hopefully nobody's using Internet Explorer, and instead are using one of the browsers with spell check. People will still write lose as loose, but you can't correct everything :sad:

Can I just say, some of the spelling in the main thread is atrocious. Hopefully nobody's using Internet Explorer, and instead are using one of the browsers with spell check. People will still write lose as loose, but you can't correct everything :sad:

Yeah and I'm getting tired of people spelling sense as sence :hmpf_bad:

I have to say, I'm loving Harriets "plays" they're putting a smile on my face every time I read them, even if they are accusing me default_tong.gif

Indeed- they are one of the most amusing things I've seen in a mafia.

Yeah and I'm getting tired of people spelling sense as sence :hmpf_bad:

This is the British way of spelling it, numbskull.

Furthermore, loose and lose are oftentimes mixed up by those who speak English as a second language.

On a multicultural site, you should be more patient.

And sok, you have no room to talk about people's spelling or grammar.

However, defiantly and definitely are two different words, people. Everyone should know that. :hmpf:

However, defiantly and definitely are two different words, people. Everyone should know that. :hmpf:

I always laugh when people confuse those. :laugh:

The stupid ones, perhaps. :hmpf_bad:

The stupid ones, perhaps. :hmpf_bad:

:blush: Oops.

But this is a common misspell for ESL as well. English is inconsistent whereas other languages are pretty consistent with their sounds. Even people who learn English as a second language from a very early age and speak it fluently can't spell worth a lick. Since nce makes a ents and ense sound, you'll oftentimes see very bright, very fluent people who learned English as a second language mix up these phonetically similar endings.

Shadows took care of that one :wink: But I know what you meant, a lot of z, c, and s get switched around between England and America. Canadians use British spelling, but read American stuff most the time, so, personally, I can't remember which is which.

Furthermore, loose and lose are oftentimes mixed up by those who speak English as a second language.

I suppose so, but the lose/loose problem is something that predates me on the Internet, and I don't think of it as an ESL problem, I think of it as an illiterate Westerner thing, up their with the your/you're thing (which our players seem to have mastered)

On a multicultural site, you should be more patient.

I wasn't going to lynch them :hmpf: That's what you were hinting at, right?

Thanks for letting us know which mistakes are worth griping about :laugh:

I suggest for the remainder of the game, we our best to speak and write using Victorian English, in order to improve the authenticity of the game.