I have completed my mixer truck and I thought that you might want to have a look. The Youtube link is:

I would like to acknowledge Eurobrick Members assistance in the design of the drum, as i found a link on the Technic forum to a picture of the drum which I used. The model worked out very well, and I added the conveyer like many of the trucks here in Ireland. Also check out Bricklink, when it goes public.

Mixer truck at Brickshelf

I would welcome questions, or comments.

Mervyn

Nice mixer truck! As you indicated, it is a "Lego Technic Concrete Mixer with power functions. Includes remote conveyer belt, working V4 engine, rear suspension and two speed gearbox for mixer unit." :cry_happy:

I like your use of Lego Pneumatics, and the concrete chute is very cleveer. I always thought it would be tricky to create a tapered cylinder using Lego Technic parts, but your

shows a job well done. :thumbup: The two Lego Technic Figures in the cab are a nice addition to this MOC!

[NOTE: The Brickshelf folder is not yet public, but it may be viewable in 1-2 days.]

Edited by DLuders

Nice.

These are models that aren't often seen. If the drum had panels it would be perfect.

I really like the pneumatics. The only thing missing now, is a Lego concrete analogue :laugh:

Nice work Trekman!!

I really like it that there are no panels on the drum. This way we can see the internal tubing which gets the concrete out.

:thumbup:

You know I was wondering what was happening with whis project just the other day, and now here it is all finished. And it's brilliant. You have replicated my drum design pretty much exactly (always nice to see others use my designs :classic: ) and the huge scale of the rest of the model fits perfectly. I really like the chute and the pneumatics. Excellent work sir well done.

Edited by allanp

You know I was wondering what was happening with whis project just the other day, and now here it is all finished. And it's brilliant. You have replicated my drum design pretty much exactly (always nice to see others use my designs :classic: ) and the huge scale of the rest of the model fits perfectly. I really like the chute and the pneumatics. Excellent work sir well done.

I could not find the previous post about this, but a big word of thanks to you for doing out the drum in the first place. I was not the initiator of the previous post, but had copied your design as a potential starting point for a future MOC. It was easy to copy, and it just so happened that I had the motorbike wheel for the drum's narrow end. I was running short on angled connectors and had to resort to using the old, but ever faithful toothed toggle joint. I tried to create the supporting roller on the rear of the drum, which engaged nicely in a groove of the bike rim.

With a little big of gearing down and a worm drive gearbox, an acceptable drum speed was easily found. On the whole a fairly quick MOC

Again full credit to you and to the forum here for a wealth of ideas and encouragement.

Well I can give you the original design of the drum.

Very cool MOC design and the drum is awesome. Congrats to both.

What's the white and blue connector's # (3 or 4 or 5)

I'll try building one of those (justfor fun)

The cross section is an octagon, so that should be a 135 degree angle (#4).

They are number 4 connectors.

Edit: Ooops, Blakbird beat me to it :classic:

Edit 2: Hey I just noticed i'm a knight now apparently. YEY!

Edited by allanp

The cross section is an octagon, so that should be a 135 degree angle (#4).

D'Oh!!! I should have thought about it... But for some stupid reason I thought that the white and blue connectors were different angles (*wrong*).

Anyways, it's too bad, because that's the connector that I have the least amount of, not enough for 2 octagons.

D'Oh!!! I should have thought about it... But for some stupid reason I thought that the white and blue connectors were different angles (*wrong*).

Anyways, it's too bad, because that's the connector that I have the least amount of, not enough for 2 octagons.

I always found it odd that this was the most rare connector (#4). Wouldn't you expect 45 degrees to be the most common? Now try to find one in yellow.....

You could also try and use the toothed toggle joint, which were used in abundance in Technic sets in the early 80s. They are more plentiful and also can be adjusted to various angles as well as the 135 angle.