MSM_546

8110 - Unimog U400 General Discussion

This loop has a meaning.

It was made by a greater force that wanted us to finally catch the fact that the headlight below the right exterior mirror was attached in a wrong way :laugh:

This loop has a meaning.

It was made by a greater force that wanted us to finally catch the fact that the headlight below the right exterior mirror was attached in a wrong way :laugh:

Perfectly correct, and the headrests are not in the same angle.

there is a e-mail adress to get more pics: bilddaten@LEGO.com

i will try my luck

And? already got an answer? :classic:

And? already got an answer? :classic:

Not yet, maybe they are overloaded from all the afols who want pictures :laugh: or iam going to far mit my wish for a Parts list :blush:

Here my little recopilation of 8110 UNIMOG

There is a mistake in your report about tires: the biggest tires produced by LEGO are Power Puller tires.

You might want to correct that.

There is a mistake in your report about tires: the biggest tires produced by LEGO are Power Puller tires.

You might want to correct that.

Thanks I want to mean Straight tires, not balloon tires.

I think the largest now where this:6747-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

I'm thinking in build a Bus for technic figures to come to Hispabrick 2011 with those unimog wheels and tires... But I need two of the 8110 sets... :sceptic:

Edited by parda

I'm thinking in build a Bus for technic figures to come to Hispabrick 2011 with those unimog wheels and tires... But I need two of the 8110 sets... :sceptic:

Or buy one 8110 and additional tires and wheels from BL once they are available.

Thanks I want to mean Straight tires, not balloon tires.

I think the largest now where this:

Largest, non balloon, non motorcycle, would be the 24x43, which were 86mm high tyres. I would like to see those tyres on the Unimog as I feel their narrower profile may actually look better.

I still think the Unimog could do with the ride height being lowered by a stud or two and having the wheel arches protruding slightly more, but the joy of lego is that this can easily happen. :classic:

Largest, non balloon, non motorcycle, would be the 24x43, which were 86mm high tyres. I would like to see those tyres on the Unimog as I feel their narrower profile may actually look better.

How can I forgot those tires! I got it in front my eyes all the time! 3739c01.jpg?0

Or buy one 8110 and additional tires and wheels from BL once they are available

Something inside of me says that I need two of it... but my pocket says that is better your suggestion.

Does somebody know what the yellow pieces are, to the right of the front wheel (on the biggest picture, taken from the front)?

EDIT: I zoomed in and made a picture:

zoom-in.jpg

Edited by legolijntje

i can only see the yellow/black shock absorbers and the knob gears

edit:

yellow half bushes?

Edited by efferman

I think theres a new part at the winch? (right hand side it looks like its a wee rubber bit).

Edit:

Sorry that would be a shock absorber.:laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I do see what is wrong here.

zoom-in2.jpg

no 1 looks like the shockabsorber...

But no 2 look like it is hiding something... It looks like something has been photoshopped here... But what?

I do see what is wrong here.

zoom-in2.jpg

no 1 looks like the shockabsorber...

But no 2 look like it is hiding something... It looks like something has been photoshopped here... But what?

Or the camera is broken?

It looks like it's been photoshopped to hide a gear that drives the wheel. However I think part one is just a yellow half bush.

Edited by allanp

Yellow bush 1/2 and photoshop clone brush... I think.

Maybe new part, like in the front wheel.

45459320116150436342593.jpg

Edited by parda

BTW has anyone else noticed the 6l steering links used to stop the axles swinging side to side. Although we have been doing this for years I think this is yet another first for an official technic set. Very realistic of a live axle I must say.

Another BTW, off topic, I like those 8856's Parda, it makes me want to find my onw out and start building it. In fact I might just do that.

Edited by allanp

Btw are those new springs?

(i could not resist another btw)

You managed to resist reading the earlier discussion in this thread about the springs though.

After looking again and again at those new wheel/rim combination for the Unimog Technic Flagship

I have to say I'm not pleased with them. They look ugly and don't really fit to the model.

Really not the best solution - IMHO. (Checked several google pics by using U400 Unimog)