wooootles

Modular Building 2011

I don't care. Even if it's good i can't buy it. Here in Serbia are no Lego stores. :hmpf_bad: So wanting it would be completely useless.If you know you can't buy it why would you want it? It'd just make me sad if it's awesome and i can't buy it :cry_sad: . :thumbdown:

EDIT: Forgot to ask do the all exclusive sets that have numbers 10*** only get into Lego stores? I'm not sure so that's why i ask. And does anyone know will they be exclusive?

Edited by Stank

I don't care. Even if it's good i can't buy it. Here in Serbia are no Lego stores. :hmpf_bad: So wanting it would be completely useless.If you know you can't buy it why would you want it? It'd just make me sad if it's awesome and i can't buy it

Where there's a will, there's a way. I presume you could use Bricklink, for example? A few months ago I bought Medieval Market Village from BL because I have no credit card so cannot use Shop @ Home and there's no Lego Stores in Finland either, and it didn't even cost more than it would have in S@H.

Where there's a will, there's a way. I presume you could use Bricklink, for example? A few months ago I bought Medieval Market Village from BL because I have no credit card so cannot use Shop @ Home and there's no Lego Stores in Finland either, and it didn't even cost more than it would have in S@H.

You're right! Maybe i will try BL when it comes out but i'm no expert on BL. :classic:

I have gotten off subject, but one more post. I would buy every one of Jared Chan's modular buildings.

Burberryâ„¢ store

Hermesâ„¢ store

Gucciâ„¢ store

Tommy Hilfigerâ„¢ store

Enough off subject for a separate topic. It'd be great to have a discussion about these. Start one if you like, if there isn't one already. Is Jared a member here? Maybe we should start a discussion on his work and invite him to join. It is amazing stuff. I love when people use lighting. It's a hard detail to tackle but makes such a huge difference. :sweet: Thanks for bringing those to our attention.

Enough off subject for a separate topic. It'd be great to have a discussion about these. Start one if you like, if there isn't one already. Is Jared a member here? Maybe we should start a discussion on his work and invite him to join. It is amazing stuff. I love when people use lighting. It's a hard detail to tackle but makes such a huge difference. :sweet: Thanks for bringing those to our attention.

Sorry, more off-topic, but you asked... Yes he's a member, and he has posted about at least one of these here at EB: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43390

(I went to search for it, because I knew I had seen it here before :blush: )

Hi guys! Thanks very much for your kind words about my buildings!

I have been a member of EB since 2008 and I am sorry about my lack of activity on the forum (I am not active in our Hong Kong forums either, I just stumble across this post as I am clearly a big modular building fan :tongue: ).

The 4 stores have all been posted on EB before so I guess they don't deserve a separate topic for now (btw, that odd Hermes balcony has been amended):

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43390

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37908

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40119

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27054

Maybe we can discuss this after the Chinese New Year holidays, when I can get a chance to take some photos of it:

img_0886.jpg

Once again, thanks so much guys!

Edited by jaredchan

In a discussion I had with Berard, he said people have been guessing what the next modular is -- Pet Shop, Post Office, Bank.. I have yet to hear anyone guess a Bank. Maybe this is an indication that it could be? Strange that he'd bring it up despite no one guessing it..

I also asked for a comment about the screengrab of the next modular in the background of the LEGO jobs video. His official comment was "no comment" :hmpf_bad:

Edited by spectre4188

In a discussion I had with Berard, he said people have been guessing what the next modular is -- Pet Shop, Post Office, Bank.. I have yet to hear anyone guess a Bank. Maybe this is an indication that it could be? Strange that he'd bring it up despite no one guessing it..

I also asked for a comment about the screengrab of the next modular in the background of the LEGO jobs video. His official comment was "no comment" :hmpf_bad:

This is great, but. You have contact with the man Jamie Berard and this is all you get?

I heard back a few pages back. My girls would LOVE a pet shop. I would prefer a bank i think.

Edited by Follows Closely

This is great, but. You have contact with the man Jamie Berard and this is all you get?

I heard back a few pages back. My girls would LOVE a pet shop. I would prefer a bank i think.

He was pretty tight-lipped, and I didn't want to pester him. :blush:

Edited by spectre4188

Well, if the little lego city movie is anything to go by, at the end shows a blueprint of a robbery of a very tall BANK by fire truck.....maybe pet shop is just a lie ? :wink:

Plus where has JB been, he sometimes popped up on EB to pass comment but that was almost a year ago ? :wacko:

Ah, well.....keep on watching ! :wink:

Well, if the little lego city movie is anything to go by, at the end shows a blueprint of a robbery of a very tall BANK by fire truck.....maybe pet shop is just a lie ? :wink:

Plus where has JB been, he sometimes popped up on EB to pass comment but that was almost a year ago ? :wacko:

Ah, well.....keep on watching ! :wink:

Where is this movie you speak of? :look:

You don't think the bank would be the one from the opening scene?

Interesting idea too.....that building does appear to be 32 stud wide ! :wink:

Also it does seem American in style....similar in theory to Green Grocer, etc.,.

Keep on......guessing.....I guess ! :wink:

Interesting idea too.....that building does appear to be 32 stud wide ! :wink:

Also it does seem American in style....similar in theory to Green Grocer, etc.,.

Keep on......guessing.....I guess ! :wink:

That building is too plain to be a Jaime creation. The wait is killing me, at least POTC distracted me for a while.

Interesting movie I doubt that if we get a bank it would be that one in the movie but who knows. :thumbup: I have posted before I still would welcome a modular bank or post office.

I am inclined to believe the "pet shop" theory as it came from a source who would be likely to have inside information (i.e. a retailer who is presumably going to stock the next modular building at some point)

Whatever it is it's killing me that no one knows what it is . I thought I would make this my 100th post since modular really brought me back to the LEGO world. :thumbup:

Hmm - the Maersk train is set 10219. What's the bet that 10218 is our new modular building?

I heard the next modular set number is 10218 and it is a pet shop. So far pet shop info seems to be consistent across geographies?

I heard the next modular set number is 10218 and it is a pet shop. So far pet shop info seems to be consistent across geographies?

All possibilities are just rumors.. There is no hard evidence for any of them.. Everybody is trying to search for 'clues' in the previous modulars..

The release isn't even known, I thought.. Or is it??

I would put money on the next modular having a female minifig or two with a newer hairpiece, possibly Ginny Weasley from the Burrow or one of the ones from POTC. The Grand Emporium was quite generous!

Wonder what the next one will be though, don't think a pet shop of bank could fill 2-3 floors with alot of detail. Hmmmmmmmm :sceptic:

I would put money on the next modular having a female minifig or two with a newer hairpiece, possibly Ginny Weasley from the Burrow or one of the ones from POTC. The Grand Emporium was quite generous!

Wonder what the next one will be though, don't think a pet shop of bank could fill 2-3 floors with alot of detail. Hmmmmmmmm :sceptic:

I do not expect to see thoes new pieces in the next modular. The design window would eliminate that, unless it was added at the last mineut.

I also find the rumor of many new animals in the castle line to be of interesting timing.

Edited by Follows Closely

I also find the rumor of many new animals in the castle line to be of interesting timing.

The castle thing isn't a rumor, we have prelim pictures of the animals in question.