eiker86

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 discussion

That's the tough challenge; they can make minifigures of violent armed men, but only if it's really old history or if they are fiction based.

Every war in the 20th century (which is I assume what you mean by army guy) has left quite a few people shaken up, and still is a tender topic, and so LEGO won't be mking any World War minifigures, or any figs from more-recent conflicts. That is the policy I'm afraid. :sceptic:

I was thinking maybe what they could do is make a combat medic, what I had in mind was basically a recolor or the toystory toy soldier in dark green or tan with a red cross on the helmet and a brown suitcase with a red cross on the side as medkit. I though this could give us a nice official soldier without being particularly violent nor depicting an obvious faction.

That said I just saw yesterday that not only some people had a similar idea, they had already executed it impressively well:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=52370

Edited by tazosaure

I was thinking maybe what they could do is make a combat medic, what I had in mind was basically a recolor or the toystory toy soldier in dark green or tan with a red cross on the helmet and a brown suitcase with a red cross on the side as medkit. I though this could give us a nice official soldier without being particularly violent nor depicting an obvious faction.

That said I just saw yesterday that not only some people had a similar idea, they had already executed it impressively well:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=52370

The medic idea is great, and indeed that is the most plausible way that we could get a soldier torso. The other path is through licensed themes like Indiana Jones where it is OK to include uniforms and weapons in standard minifigures.

Whole set looks great anyone have any idea how many series they are going to make my house is going to be overrun with legofigures. How if they would just hurry up and do a star wars mini fig series!!!!!

I think it's just too early to trust to any kind of rumors about the colour or about when they are coming right now... But I hope they come as soon as possible :wink:

I think it's just too early to trust to any kind of rumors about the colour or about when they are coming right now... But I hope they come as soon as possible :wink:

The color has been shown in the vid, so it's confirmed to be blue.

The color has been shown in the vid, so it's confirmed to be blue.

Did I missed something, what video? Because I'm wondering what kind of blue...?

Did I missed something, what video? Because I'm wondering what kind of blue...?

Look at the first post of this topic. There is a video there:

Oh those, I did saw that vid. but did not notice the bags, seems the same blue as series 2.

Well the bags colo(u)r doesn't realy mather as long as we can still feel trough it.

Oh those, I did saw that vid. but did not notice the bags, seems the same blue as series 2.

Well the bags colo(u)r doesn't realy mather as long as we can still feel trough it.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it were the new blue seen on the uniforms of the humans in Alien Conquest sets. But if it's just regular Bright Blue, I'm OK with that too. Still, I'd love to see them continue releasing it with different colors of packaging to keep each series with an iconic look.

Thank you very much for the new picture! :classic:

Not that good than series 4 - which is til now imo the best series of all - but still great!

I wonder what that suitcase the mobster carries shall be/shall include (But it for sure won't include something, don't you think?).

Klaus-Dieter

Thank you very much for the new picture! :classic:

Not that good than series 4 - which is til now imo the best series of all - but still great!

I wonder what that suitcase the mobster carries shall be/shall include (But it for sure won't include something, don't you think?).

Klaus-Dieter

I also don't think it will include anything, as violin cases were stereotypically used by mobsters to transport gats, so maybe the pistol is meant to be put into the case. But since I don't think Lego would hide any accessories of those figs, I agree it will be ampty, but I hope it's openable, so that you can put something in it.

I just realized that the gladiator should , to be historically correct, be armed with a square shield instead of a round one. Don't want to act like a smartpants, but I would have liked a square one more.

Edited by Peanuts

The video certainly gives us a better look at the lumberjack and others... love the sideburns on 'the Detective.' Also, it'll be really interesting to see the template on the graduate's robes. They're certainly doing things with these figs that have never been done before.

The army builder here is certainly the dwarf, but after everything I have to say, I think my favorite of the entire series 5 is the Eskimo. Just love him!

The army builder here is certainly the dwarf, but after everything I have to say, I think my favorite of the entire series 5 is the Eskimo. Just love him!

You are correct; can't wait for my evil dwarf faction! :laugh: This is the first time we've seen printing on a face and a torso that is MEANT to be a dwarf. :thumbup:

You are correct; can't wait for my evil dwarf faction! :laugh: This is the first time we've seen printing on a face and a torso that is MEANT to be a dwarf. :thumbup:

For example, this torso seems printed by me... :hmpf_bad:

11-New-Card.jpg

Almost april, almost time for series 4... well almost september and time for series 5

Any rumours on how many series there will be?

May need to expand my board :laugh:

001-49.jpg

Edited by BasOne

I think he means that it is a new design specifically for Dwarves, as the fantasy era Dwarves' torsos had already been used on Knights etc...

Great display BasOne! I wish I could do something like that. I just stick all my figures on a green baseplate!

Edited by Gregorovich

Yes it is printed but I mean printing that is especially meant to be dwarven armor like the S3 elf had elven armor.

I've just noticed that the Gladiator has arm printing. What is it supposed to be?

Also, I e-mailed LEGO about the fact that the Zoo-Keeper and the Dancer's hair are in colours that are already available, and they said they'd pass it onto their designers (I don't really know if they will, but I hope they do). I don't know whether anyone else cares about any of this, but I just thought I'd post it anyway :classic: .

I've just noticed that the Gladiator has arm printing. What is it supposed to be?

The printing on his arm is his flexible arm armour.

PEG54164.01.jpg

He should also have a rectangular shield though, to properly portray a Mermillo gladiator. As it is, he looks more like a cross between Mermillo and Equites.

Edited by Ogre

The printing on his arm is his flexible arm armour.

The "gladiator" figure is actually portraying a certain type of gladiator and given the pics I know of the figure it's most likely the "provocator" type of gladiator. And indeed, as seen here (click me!) it is a flexible arm protection. Good eyes there Ogre!

Be well all!

Cutty

Now that I re-read Ogre's post: it does appear to be a murmillo helmet-wise, yes!

Edited by Cutty

Yes it is printed but I mean printing that is especially meant to be dwarven armor like the S3 elf had elven armor.

Ah yes, my bad. In any words this S5 Dwarf will have a great new and suitable printed torso.

Also lovely IMO that it's a dark Dwarf. No sure if I will buy a box of this series 5, but just pick some figures by feeling just like I did at other series (but the most at S3).

I just noticed that the gladiator has a new sword. I LOVE IT!!! :wub:

Wow Im happy LEGO is taking consideration in their weapons :grin: . So let me list all the (non licenced)weapons that are new for 2011. We have the Alien Conquest double barrel gun, the Atlantis Trident, the Kingdoms pitch fork, the Muskateers sword from series 4 of LEGO Minifigures, the axe from the tree chopper this year from LEGO Minifigures series 5, and that gun that was used in the Alien and Blacktron Guy from series 3, the elfs bow and arrow, the new sword/dagger from Series 5 LEGO Minifigures, the spear from the Indian series 3, and im not sure if its new but the new/old gun from the soldier with the big hat from series 5. Is that all? Correct me if I missed any. We didnt have a wide selection of weapons for our figs before did we? 2011 bought us wonderful gifts of deadly weapons. I was waiting for something new. Here are all the weapons we had before.pirate sword, LEGO Agents pistol, Indiana Jone pistol, the two peice castel axe, the knight sword, cross bow, bow and arrow, the regular dagger, pirate musket, pirate pistol, long thing that knights carry on horses and charge at each other, the gun with round barrel on the bottom, the gun used in Batman that the henchman carry, large missile thing that Wrench uses from Space Police, Knights Kingdom sword, I believe there was a second Castel sword, regular musket, the weird gun with long nozzle and scope, the long axe with the ocean curved blade, scyth, castel thing with spiked ball at edge of chain, the under water typoon gun like in Aqua Raiders, long castel spear with 5 spikes coming out of top, long one peice axe, the two types of wips, the cave man club, chipped ogre blade, ninja blades, the Space Police gun, and spear. Correct me if I missed any (Im pretty sure I missed some :laugh: ). We have some licened weapons like the Star Wars gun (Long, medium, and new for 2011 are the short ones), the Star Wars pistol as seen with some clones, the cool Prince of Persia dagger of time, and the light saber from Star Wars (Asaj, Dookoos, regular, and any others) (Correct me if I missed any other licenced weapons from LEGO). So now we have a very generous edition to our weapons categories thanks to 2011 and we should give a big chunk of credit to LEGO Minifigures. I predinct if LEGO Minifigures doesnt end at series 5 well them we will be swimming in weapons in 4 years (approxomate). I will not consider sheilds to be weapons sorry;also lots of other other weapons like mega phone can be used as weapons but are not directly meant to be a weapon. I wish I could but I cannot consider the throwing pie that the small clown from LEGO Minifigures series 5 has :laugh: . I will not consider the Nuclear Worker from LEGO Minifigures series 4 accesory to be a weapon. I will not consider the pharoas staff from LEGO Minifigures series 2 to be a weapon. I will not consider the Nurses needle from LEGO Minifigures series 1 to be a weapon.

I must say that LEGO is not very creative when choosing the colors for the minifigs packets. I wish they made this series packets purple or at LEAST red because it would look nice and they have not done that yet. The Minifigs look great this series. I like how they re-used parts from previous series on new figs (Its not ALL about the new molds :hmpf: ). I love the printing on the figs that LEGO is doing. I NEED that hoodie peice from the skate boarder from series 1 (My chance is coming in April where I will get it from Pick a Brick parts if they add it [read the forum]). I also like the new skate boarders outfit (the hat has a 2x2 brick on it :wub: . Too bad no hair under it :cry_sad: .) a little. I would love the graduate because then I can make a graduation cermonie for me :laugh: (I HAVE TO GET MY GRADUATION PICTURE OUT OF MY MOMS PICTURE FRAM, ITS EMBARRASING *huh* ). The eskimo is really nice so I can make myself a nice winter coat. I NEED the small clowns pie, BECAUSE I LOVE PIE! When I first say the guard with the big hat I first thought it was his hair but then I got a clue that is was one of those British soldiers or what. I NEED that little monkey from the zoo keeper. The spy guy looks nice Im only wondering if you can put a guitar in ther (like from series 4). The Dinosaur is really neat and when I get the right stuff for a stop motion camera- I can already see the title on You Tube (The Kids Party). The boxer looks really nice and I think his gloves attach the way the cheerleaders did but wouldnt it be something if they were a new hand mold? LEGO attempted to make a two headed Minifigure for a Space Police crook (only thing that stopped them was that the kids they tested him with didnt understand him *shrug* Dont know what planet those kids are from)so it wouldnt suprise me if they tried something new like that (the figs body parts. They did it with the pirates so why not this?). The work out ladie make me laugh when I think of her :laugh: (That gives me an idea for a stop motion. Ill need a few sumo bodys and series 2 surfer shorts plus her. It shall be a work out scene). Snow Boarder will go nicely next to my other snow boarder. Great jacket too. The Dwarf is a disappointment because its nothing new because you can buy a Dwarfs Mine and get like 5 of those. I like the Gladiator especcially because of his sword. The tree chopper has a nice axe which would go nicely in a fire station. Cleopatra looks nice and would look great next to the Pharaoa from series 2. The cave woman is nice and would be a nice edition to the cave family (some short legs another cave man and cave woman, different heads and hair, and you have a cave family!). Finally I think the detective is an exelent peice of work, good job LEGO :thumbup: (Sherlock Holmes anyone?).

Overall I give this series a 10/10. Yep your eyes are fine! This theme has absolutely zero flaws for me and every fig is one youll love even if you already got one. The peices are great for MOCing and although the colro is OK I still find it appealing. I love this theme because I wont complain whenever I get an extra fig when my dot reading calculations are wrong (I HATE THE STINKIN RACER FROM SERIES 3!!! I ALREADY HAVE LIKE 5 OF HIM AND HE HAS NO GOOD PARTS EXEPT FOR HIS HAIT AND I THINK HESE HIDDEOUS). So overall this theme is GREAT :thumbup: .