eiker86

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 discussion

Got my clown (thank you man at Argos), and my set is complete. :cry_happy:

It's a really great set (far better than what I've seen of series 6.. but that's a matter for another thread).

Markville Mall Walmart in Markham, Ontario has them. They're not in the actual Lego aisle though (don't be fooled by that one empty box in that aisle). They're on a smaller shelf where they hold those smaller sets (the ones that sell for around $20 and under). If you're there you'll get what I mean.

My package from TRU came today. I ordered 24 and I got about 5 of the stupid clowns. I already had one, which is more than enough - this is the one I am loathing out of this series with its stupid useless clown torso, head and hat - at least the short legs and pie are useful. Got three of the aerobics instructor two of the detective, and two eskimos. Didn't get even one of the one I don't have and didn't get, the graduate.

If you'd like, I have a graduate to trade for the clown?

If you'd like, I have a graduate to trade for the clown?

Thanks for the offer, but I have found use for the pies and will probably bricklink the head, torso, and hat.

Ugh.

Now that I know these have popped up all around me, my fingers are starting to itch.

Must...resist...urge...to...grope...packets...

For now! :devil:

We bought 60 through TRU online, but had many missing since we were trying to put a complete set together for us and two others. When we went to the store, they had a limit of 5 per person. :angry: Guess we'll have to wait for the LEGO store to get them in, though they usually have a limit too, but it's usually 16.

Almost missed these in front of the registers' bottom shelves! Two newly opened boxes then got four gladiators and was done.

6074530979_2b9b9550d6.jpg

AC

PS. No limits on purchases from this store as I could have bought these two boxes without any issue.

So overall, pretty good score. The slightly strange thing about one of the figs that people are more excited about (for getting multiples I guess) - the graduate - is that there doesn't seem to be a way to make the cape flush with the body, mine all look like they've been caught in a gust of wind from underneath - am I missing something here?

Pretty good set though, definitely on a par with series 4...

I just made very hard creases with my fingernail. Fold one side all the way down flat, then the other, and when you tuck the torso in there they actually press flat against his body.

Popped into TRU over lunch for 3 more Gladiators & 3 more Dwarfs plus a couple Cavegirls. They have two sealed boxes in the back that I may pick up later this week. I've never seen and CMF available in the local Wal-Marts.

Stocked last Monday but never had the chance to go to the store until today and picked up a few more gladiators. :grin:

6077420670_bfb46a38d4_z.jpg

AC

My TRU had no limit on them, so I got 16 to see what I'd get. I'm still missing the clown, graduate, and woodcutter. Good news, I got two soldiers :thumbup: . Bad news, I got three Yoga trachers. :sick:

I didn't even notice at first but the new series minifig is 50 cent more expensive than the previous series.

I got 4 figs now but I'm not buying anymore 2,50 euro's is just to much for a china made Lego figure. They are nice and would love to get them all, but this is getting ridiculous.

Edited by Cobb

I didn't even notice at first but the new series minifig is 50 cent more expensive than the previous series.

I got 4 figs now but I'm not buying anymore 2,50 euro's is just to much for a china made Lego figure. They are nice and would love to get them all, but this is getting ridiculous.

What's the suggested retail price in Your local lego catalog?

In finland they have been anything between 1,90 - 2,10 euros.

In the shop I ordered a box of series 5 (should arrive tomorrow) has had the previous figs on sale

for 2,50eur, but now as there is a price in the catalog for 2,20 eur, that's what they are asking for them now.

I was in TRU earlier this week. They didn't have any Series 5 yet, but they still had some stock of Series 3 and 4. The price on those had been jacked up fifty cents as well. I haven't been to the nearby Lego Store yet to see what their price is. Does anyone know if TRU's new $3.50 price is just TRU's typical price gouging, or is that the new standard retail price?

Does anyone know if TRU's new $3.50 price is just TRU's typical price gouging, or is that the new standard retail price?

All series were $2.99 for the first couple of weeks, then the price went up to $3.49. Around Christmas last year I believe the price went up to $4.99!

They have them at TRU in Tulsa at 71st & Memorial!

(THey were $2.99)

I got 5 and they were all what I thought they would be when I used the feel method.

Edited by Soundmanred

Series 5 figures were at the Lego store I went to. Mom got the zookeeper, eskimo, and a fitness girl. I got those 3 also plus cavegirl, royal guard, and cleopatra. Plus i found a mexican wrestler in the BAM bin!

EDIT: Oops. And a male snowboarder. That's the other series 5 i got. Kinda forgot to open him :blush:

Edited by ACWWgal2011

Out of curiosity, can anyone decipher the signature on the graduate's diploma? To me under the magnifier it looks like Martin something, but the last name looks like it starts with M also.

Has anyone got any top tips for making the Graduate's gown stay down as opposed to making him look like he's in some sort of hurricane?

Oh joy. Just finished sorting my unopened box full of series 5 figs. *oh2*

I weighted all the bags, marked them, feeled them, sorted them and got the 3 full sets and

a total of 12 extras as others have reported (plus the few figs I got earlier)

Extras are:

Royal Guard Gladiator x2

Cavewoman x1

Lizardman x1

Monkeytrainer lady x2

Lumberjack x1

Clown x1

FItness instructor x1

Detective x1

Boxer x2.

So it's not the exact same as the review (I got 2 gladiators, as the review has 2 guards)

This in Finland. 2 EUR (about $2.75 USD) per fig.

If You want to weight the bags to identify the fig, don't really bother, the feel method is more accurate.

Below is a link to a photo album in my FB profile, has a few shots of the sorting (if anyone is interested).

Last pic has the weight data for the figs in sealed bags, in grams.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150281472929583.347872.838424582&l=7433109afe&type=1

(EDIT: Gladiator -> Royal guard. Had a mindfart or sumthin')

Edited by Dervish

Has anyone got any top tips for making the Graduate's gown stay down as opposed to making him look like he's in some sort of hurricane?

I found simply removing the robe from the Minifig and folding firmly along the creases helped mine. It's still not perfectly flat, but it's much better than it was before:

21liuxl.jpg

Series 5 finally hit VA a couple days ago! I managed to catch a new box being opened and got my first complete series of figures. I just couldn't find myself not wanting any of these like I have some of the previous Minifigs. :laugh:

Also, can anyone else see the Clown's bowler being used on the upcoming Riddler Minifig in dark grey/green with a question mark on it? It seems like a perfecr fit!