Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Four

Alright, since we found the key, let's go inside the store.

I'd like to take the kindly offered key from Ralph and open the store.

Before anyone enters the store, I'd like to get a good look at the floor, to see if any dust has been distrurbed anywhere.

Ding ding ding! :sweet:

You'd think they'd at least tell the local government something. :hmpf_bad:

img_0339.jpg

Opening the doors, it's confirmed that there's only a few boxes in the corner throughout the entire store. Strangely enough, it appears to be excellently maintained.

There's an explosion off in the distance, towards the port.

Excellently maintained? Maybe this was the uh, secret facility the Mayor was talking about. Underneath the store itself, maybe?

Anyway, I think we should stay here and check this out. The explosion might just be a distraction triggered by opening the door.

Maybe...what do you think, Congressman?

"It's not up to me, but you certainly can't split up. Not even into groups."

Oh.

We didn't have any luck catching the person at the dock last time, I'll doubt we'll be able to do it this time.

I'd like to open the boxes, and search for a trapdoor.

The way the federal government is handling things, that explosion was probably Captain Ted's boat. :hmpf: They did say they needed to disable it so that the commies couldn't use it to escape.

I guess that means there's no dust on the floor?

I'd like to have a description of the interior of the store. Any counters, shelves along the walls, something else defining except the boxes? I'd also like to check for trapdoors in the floor, looking under where the boxes are. I'll move the boxes so that Tim can look in them more efficiently.

Aha! I knew my knowladge would come in handy eventually!

I would like to tap all the walls, and all the floor, searching for hidden walls/panels again.

I really appreciate the hard work all you folks are doing. I just wanted to let you know that I'm here and watching what's going on, but I couldn't do anything any better than you all are :blush:

Oh.

We didn't have any luck catching the person at the dock last time, I'll doubt we'll be able to do it this time.

I'd like to open the boxes, and search for a trapdoor.

Officer Fields opens the boxes, but there's no trapdoor inside the boxes.

I'd like to have a description of the interior of the store. Any counters, shelves along the walls, something else defining except the boxes? I'd also like to check for trapdoors in the floor, looking under where the boxes are. I'll move the boxes so that Tim can look in them more efficiently.

The interior is largely windowless, and has been gutted. There's only a few boxes in the corner. Mayor Bradford then moves the boxes, there's a small defined door with a latch on it.

Aha! I knew my knowladge would come in handy eventually!

I would like to tap all the walls, and all the floor, searching for hidden walls/panels again.

Stevie taps the walls, but there's no hidden panels/walls. He then taps the floor where the trapdoor is. It's definitely hollow.

"This must be the old Prohibition Tunnel." Congressman Bob says.

Officer Fields opens the boxes, but there's no trapdoor inside the boxes.

The interior is largely windowless, and has been gutted. There's only a few boxes in the corner. Mayor Bradford then moves the boxes, there's a small defined door with a latch on it.

Stevie taps the walls, but there's no hidden panels/walls. He then taps the floor where the trapdoor is. It's definitely hollow.

"This must be the old Prohibition Tunnel." Congressman Bob says.

Oohhh.. a tunnel.

I would like to rip up a wooden plank from the floor and use it as a club and go into the tunnel.

I meant look for a trapdoor AND look inside the boxes...

Oohhh.. a tunnel.

I would like to rip up a wooden plank from the floor and use it as a club and go into the tunnel.

I'd like to follow him in, broom held at the ready

I fought in the war before joining the force.

Oh, that's good. Did you fight in Europe or the Pacific?

I would like to look inside the boxes at the content.

Explosions at the port are never a good thing. Does anyone think that we should re-lock the store and go check on the explosions? It could be a communist attack against the Captain's ship! That would be very bad! At the same time, if we leave the commuists could return and destroy any evidence. What do you townsfolk think?

I would like to check if there is a light source in the tunnel. If not I would ask if any of the police have a flashlight and if they might go first. If that fails then look for lightswitches or pull strings. Then, I'll follow the others into the tunnel.

I'd like to enter the tunnel, flashlight and pistol out and at the ready.

Uh, better let us policemen go first, folks. You never know where there could be danger, and it's our job to protect you. Unless someone really wants to go ahead of us...

I'm more than willing to let the policemen go first. I'll enter the tunnel after they go in.

Once in, I'd like a description of the tunnel.

Do all of the circled locations on the map found at the Lighthouse roughly line up? (Lighthouse, Town Hall, Department Store and Farm, IIRC)

I'm wondering if the circled locations on the map all have entrances into this tunnel.

I would like to attack a rock or piece of broken glass to my plank/stick I pulled from the floor.

I would like to attack a rock or piece of broken glass to my plank/stick I pulled from the floor.

Calm down a bit Captain, you're no longer on the western front. I wonder

I would like to know what the tunnel is lined with. (Dirt, cement, wood, ect.)

If the floor is dirt or covered in dust, I would like to see if there are any footprints and wether they are heading into the store, out of the store, or in both directions.

This way we can know if the store has another access point. If they are heading in or out, there must be another exit since no one else in in here.

I'd like give Will a good smack up the head.

:angry: It was but a suggestion. I'm just being cautious. Perhaps some of you have forgotten that two of us were kidnapped recently?

While I'm glad to have earned your trust, I'm wondering why I've earned it and others have not? Any of the 21 among us could be communists, and I certainly am making no assumptions.

Why, you're the Mayor! I'm the last remaining town councilman, we've worked together closely on several important things for this town. If there's anyone I'd trust, it's you sir.

Now now, a trap-door eh? I agree on the police officers going first. It seems the more reasonable option. I also think an officer should follow at the back of the group, as we should always be watching our back in times like these.

Do all of the circled locations on the map found at the Lighthouse roughly line up? (Lighthouse, Town Hall, Department Store and Farm, IIRC)

I'm wondering if the circled locations on the map all have entrances into this tunnel.

If not this tunnel, perhaps there are more tunnels that also lead to the secret lab.

Simmons, since you live so close to this entrance, have you noticed anything odd around the store? Have you seen anyone hanging around your farm that wouldn't have normally?

The communists have to know about this lab thing in order to have spies here so it stands to reason the communists are people who would have had access to the lab or access to the people who worked in it.

Is there any light in the tunnel? Can we see roughly which direction the tunnel leads in?

Would it be a good idea to lock the store door behind us so no one can follow? At the very least, it wouldn't look too much like we came in. Of course they will see the boxes have moved though...