legokuate

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4 discussion

Confirmed purchases here on the East Coast. LOVE the Hazmat suit guy, but my favorite right now is clearly the hockey player. Thanks LEGO for finally getting them out to us!

Hello, Gregorovich,

I bought a sealed box from a WH Smith's in central London today. Woohoo! :grin:

I wanted to get a box from the LEGO store at the Westfield yesterday but when I called to reserve it, they said that there was a limit of 16 minifigs per customer so they wouldn't accept my reservation. I explained that other retailers such as Tesco were selling the minifigs by the box. They responded they already knew that because they were "monitoring" Eurobricks and Brickset, but rules are rules and they wouldn't help me.

That's the second time I've received good customer service from WH Smith's after another retailer wouldn't take my money. The last time it was series 3 and the unhelpful retailer was Argos.

Hooray for WH Smith's!

Amps

Yes! Finally I can get these amazing figures. I'll go to my local branch to check what's there. Thanks for letting me know!

I exchanged my unopened Surfer girl and Soccer player for two hazmat suits!! I just went to my local Lego store and quickly picked out the two hazmat suits (its really easy to spot them among all the other thin and narrow packages. The hazmat suit makes the poly bag thick looking.)

I used some alternative faces that I thought are fitting for the crisis in Japan.

Stoic Japanese Nuclear Operator braving the dangers to save the people of Japan.

img2724ms.jpg

Here are the Americans worrying about radiation coming over to America. They are probably out buying hazmat suits. Its for the children OMG SAVE THE CHILDREN!!! haha

img2726t.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

I just remembered someoen saying he had quality issues with the lower part of the Geisha. I myself must say I'm very content with their quality, even though IÄm not quite an expert about high-quality plastic and cheap Chinese plasic, upper and lower part are fitting into themselves quite solidly.

Even before all that happend in and near Japan, I was going to make something with the Geisha Minifig. But this time I would do this also in memorial of all those who sufferd or even died among the disaster that stroke many people out there. It would have nothing to do with the tsunami itself, but I will use the Gheisa and some other Japanese related Minifigures to do this memorial thing. (Building not yet in progress, but that will soon be changed into complete)

As mentioned in the UK Sales thread (and apologies for the double post), I came across S4 in John Lewis at Brent Cross. Going through my pickup right now.

I went into town today to get a mother's day gift, but decided to have a look in Argos and WHSmiths. I was very pleased to see that both shops had some! WHSmiths had 3 boxes, but Argos only had 1. Both shops sold them for £1.99. I had unfortunately spent most of the money I had with me on the presents for my mum, so I could only afford 4. I got them out of Argos because they write which figure is inside on the back of the bag, so I didn't have to feel them. The box had been picked through quite thoroughly, so there wasn't that many left. However, I managed to get 3 out of my 4 most wanted (surfer girl, Giesha and footballer. There was no figure skaters left), plus a scientist who is rare and a very nice figure.

I really like the surfer because of her hair, torso and surf board. I really love the pink printing on her, and I'm very happy to see more light-nougat hairpieces. The wetsuit is useful, and the newly printed surfboard is very welcome. Her face is very nice, but sadly mine's was a little misprinted, but nothing too bad. Her hair was chipped at the front, but not too badly. The quality of plastic in this series is definetely worse than other series, but I don't mind it that much.

The Giesha is lovely. People have complained that her dress doesn't fit onto her torso, but luckily mine's does. Her outfit is very nice and the fan is an amazing new piece! I'm glad that her skin is white, as it means she can be integrated with flesh and yellow minifigs. Her hairpiece has lovely printing, and her face is nice too. I had no quality issues with this figure at all.

The footballer has a great new outfit, because it's far more realistic and modern than any LEGO football strips before. I also really like his light-nougat hairpiece and the silver trophy. I'm glad that his came on a stand, because it meant that I could get a black fez. There was no problem with this figure, either.

I was surprised that there was still a scientist left. I took him because I knew that if I didn't take him there and then, I might never get him. I love his flask. It could also be used as a bottle/jug of juice or wine if the colour was changed. The hairpiece is excellent. I never got Dr. Inferno or Dr. D. Zaster from the Agents theme, so I was very happy to see that there was another chance to get their hairpiece. The only issue I had with this figure was that at the back, there is a gap between his head and his hairpiece. Is this normal, or is it something to do with the rubbery-plastic?

I'm very happy with my haul today, and I'll go back soon to get some more.

Edited by Gregorovich

Went into Tesco today (also to buy a Mother's day gift) and saw this!

1hm11.jpg

On the Kitchen aisle :S

Went into Tesco today (also to buy a Mother's day gift) and saw this!

IMG

On the Kitchen aisle :S

:oh: Wow, it must've taken you forever to feel through all of those! :grin:

I just found a couple of boxes of S4 at Toys R Us today; got a Musketeer, a Hazmat Guy, and an Artist. :thumbup:

I just remembered someoen saying he had quality issues with the lower part of the Geisha. I myself must say I'm very content with their quality, even though IÄm not quite an expert about high-quality plastic and cheap Chinese plasic, upper and lower part are fitting into themselves quite solidly.

That is curious; I don't remember hearing that. I had no problems with the Series 2 Witch who (supposedly) used the same part for her skirt, so perhaps this was an isolated problem? I guess we'll know for certain if more people start reporting problems with the Geisha.

That is curious; I don't remember hearing that. I had no problems with the Series 2 Witch who (supposedly) used the same part for her skirt, so perhaps this was an isolated problem? I guess we'll know for certain if more people start reporting problems with the Geisha.

I noticed it was a tight fit... but nothing to complain about.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but LEGO made a sly reference to their double-sided heads in the Hazmat guy's profile on the minifigs website.

Found a picked through box of these at TRU today. Grabbed four random packages, double checking the bump codes to make sure I didn't have any doubles. Ended up with the Gnome, Ice Skater, Rocker, and Surfer Girl. Two of those were ones I really wanted to find for the kids (rocker, surfer), so I'm happy so far.

I'm in no rush to snap them all up this time, haven't had problems finding the last two series. In fact, TRU had a couple of boxes of Series 3 too. I'm starting to enjoy picking up a few packages at a time randomly to see what I get. Too bad the first two series weren't as enjoyable in that regard.

Picked up 11 packs yesterday.

Results:

Kimono Girl x1

Artist x1

Frankenstein x2

Werewolf x1

Surfer Girl x1

Crazy Scientist x1

Sailor x1

Ice Skater x1

Street Skater x1

Still looking for the Punk Rocker, Soccer Player, Musketeer, and Viking.

LONG LIVE LEGO MINIFIGURES!

I exchanged my unopened Surfer girl and Soccer player for two hazmat suits!! I just went to my local Lego store and quickly picked out the two hazmat suits (its really easy to spot them among all the other thin and narrow packages. The hazmat suit makes the poly bag thick looking.)

I used some alternative faces that I thought are fitting for the crisis in Japan.

Stoic Japanese Nuclear Operator braving the dangers to save the people of Japan.

img2724ms.jpg

Here are the Americans worrying about radiation coming over to America. They are probably out buying hazmat suits. Its for the children OMG SAVE THE CHILDREN!!! haha

img2726t.jpg

I love the 1st one and LOL to the second one! OMG SAVE THE CHILDREN!

Quote from Monsters Inc.-"2319!WE HAVE A 2319!"

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but LEGO made a sly reference to their double-sided heads in the Hazmat guy's profile on the minifigs website.

Yes I've noticed that (and someone else mentioned it before somewhere). Too bad it doesn't come with a real double-sided head.

It's funny though that TLG makes these and other references on the CM bio page for each single Minifig.

Yes I've noticed that (and someone else mentioned it before somewhere). Too bad it doesn't come with a real double-sided head.

It's funny though that TLG makes these and other references on the CM bio page for each single Minifig.

I still think the best reference was the reference to the Fantasy-Era Castle map from the LEGO magazine on the Elf's bio page. Series 4's bios don't have quite as many LEGO-related in-jokes, but they're still pretty amusing.

From the sealed box I bought at WH Smith's and sorted over the weekend:

Batch number: 304B1

BACK LEFT

1. Scientist

2. Artist

3. Rocker

4. Scientist

5. Figure skater

6. Footballer

7. Skateboarder

8. Werewolf

9. Hockey player

10. Hockey player

11. Hazmat guy

12. Gnome

13. Sailor

14. Artist

15. Hazmat guy

16. Musketeer

17. Figure skater

18. Hazmat guy

19. Frankenstein's monster

20. Werewolf

FRONT LEFT

BACK CENTRE

1. Figure skater

2. Skateboarder

3. Hockey player

4. Geisha

5. Gnome

6. Footballer

7. Geisha

8. Rocker

9. Rocker

10. Frankenstein's monster

11. Artist

12. Surfer girl

13. Sailor

14. Sailor

15. Surfer girl

16. Skateboarder

17. Hazmat guy

18. Scientist

19. Werewolf

20. Scientist

FRONT CENTRE

In the front centre area around positions 17 - 20, some of the packets fell out before I knew what they were. I think that I put them back where they came from.

BACK RIGHT

1. Surfer girl

2. Footballer

3. Musketeer

4. Werewolf

5. Geisha

6. Footballer

7. Musketeer

8. Sailor

9. Viking

10. Viking

11. Werewolf

12. Footballer

13. Viking

14. Gnome

15. Geisha

16. Rocker

17. Frankenstein's monster

18. Sailor

19. Artist

20. Frankenstein's monster

FRONT RIGHT

The frequency of each in my box is therefore:

Footballer, Sailor, Werewolf: 5 each

Artist, F's monster, Geisha, Hazmat guy, Rocker, Scientist: 4 each

Figure skater, Gnome, Hockey player, Musketeer, Skateboarder, Surfergirl, Viking: 3 each

Hope this helps,

Amps

Edited by AmperZand

It doesn't make sense... but for whatever reason I'm having the hardest time feeling out a Frankenstein's Monster!! Thought I had one today but then realized after the purchase there's a Werewolf in there (I know I know, I don't know how I managed that one). That and the Figure Skater seem to be the two I'm having the first time identifying...

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

The frequency of each in my box is therefore:

Footballer, Sailor, Werewolf: 5 each

Artist, F's monster, Geisha, Hazmat guy, Rocker, Scientist: 4 each

Figure skater, Gnome, Hockey player, Musketeer, Skateboarder, Surfergirl, Viking: 3 each

So we've lost a skateboarder and a punk rocker for the two scientists. I can live with that... Thanks for the find!

It doesn't make sense... but for whatever reason I'm having the hardest time feeling out a Frankenstein's Monster!! Thought I had one today but then realized after the purchase there's a Werewolf in there (I know I know, I don't know how I managed that one). That and the Figure Skater seem to be the two I'm having the first time identifying...

I found those to be the hardest to identify as well. For the monster, he'll have no accessories, and you should try to isolate his hair/forhead piece. It'll be flat on top. The werewolf will have a tiny bone that you can usually shake to the bottom corner of your packet. The figure skater is pretty rough, but try to go by her hair and shake the ice skates to the bottom. Be aware that the hockey player has the same ice skate pieces too, so differentiate them by the hockey stick and armor and helmet. Good luck!

I had no trouble identifying the Monster, once you isolate the headpiece, you can easily determine it's size when compared to other pieces, and it has a flat top, making it all the more easier to sniff out. When I went to day, I thought I bought a bunch, and what I thought would be a rocker and a hockey player, turned out to be two rockers. I mistook the guitar for a hockey stick because of the angles. A warning to others, double check or you could be out 2.50!

I found those to be the hardest to identify as well. For the monster, he'll have no accessories, and you should try to isolate his hair/forhead piece. It'll be flat on top. The werewolf will have a tiny bone that you can usually shake to the bottom corner of your packet. The figure skater is pretty rough, but try to go by her hair and shake the ice skates to the bottom. Be aware that the hockey player has the same ice skate pieces too, so differentiate them by the hockey stick and armor and helmet. Good luck!

I had no trouble identifying the Monster, once you isolate the headpiece, you can easily determine it's size when compared to other pieces, and it has a flat top, making it all the more easier to sniff out. When I went to day, I thought I bought a bunch, and what I thought would be a rocker and a hockey player, turned out to be two rockers. I mistook the guitar for a hockey stick because of the angles. A warning to others, double check or you could be out 2.50!

Got one today... Frank's monster is indeed best discovered by looking for that headpiece... it actually feels like a molar tooth cap or something like that. Actually what iced it for me was feeling the little 'bangs' on the front of the head, sharp little triangular shapes you could pick out even through the bag. As for the figure skater, if I end up getting a few more hockey players in my quest for the girl, it's really just a win-win.

Is it just me or is the Artists Palette REALLY loose when held in the hand of the minifig?

In fact, I suspect the looseness of the piece is why it went missing somewhere between buying the fig and getting it home (meaning I now need to buy another artist if I want a palette)

Is it just me or is the Artists Palette REALLY loose when held in the hand of the minifig?

In fact, I suspect the looseness of the piece is why it went missing somewhere between buying the fig and getting it home (meaning I now need to buy another artist if I want a palette)

I am not sure this is an issue with all of them; so far I have had two artists from different batches and both palettes fit perfectly well in the hand. It may be an issue in either the hand, or that particular palette piece.