Who Thinks There Are Mini Linear Actuators?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that there are functional, mini Linear Actuators in the backhoe? Yes or no? This is not a public poll, so your answers will remain anonymous.

• Yes
    • No

also is the backhoe 8069 manual funtions ie no motors

Yet someone who think that a good model is a model with PFS.

Pathetic. icon_neutral.gif

Anyone else notice how the spoiler can retact into the rear trunk? If you look closely at some of the pictures you can see the spoiler retracted into the car.

Anyone else notice how the spoiler can retact into the rear trunk? If you look closely at some of the pictures you can see the spoiler retracted into the car.

I can't tell if it is actually part of the rear panel and flips up and down or not. I bet it is because you can't see it in the picture where it is not there. It looks really awesome though. :wink:

OK, from the new pics you can see that the spoiler is actually under those long panels in the rear and slides out from underneath them.

Edited by Meatman

@ Zblj : look at the previous page (nice new avatar by the way :p )

@ Lordgalewind : we could already see that a bit on the previous photos.

But now, yes, we are sure the spoiler retract inside the car.

@ Zblj : look at the previous page (nice new avatar by the way :p )

@ Lordgalewind : we could already see that a bit on the previous photos.

But now, yes, we are sure the spoiler retract inside the car.

My bad, this topic goes so fast!

P.S. he likes his new hat, just dont try to touch it, he bites!

I don't know if I like all of the stickers on the 8070. I think it looks great without them. Also if you look closely, you can see sticker pictures of the functions on the gearbox. The alternate model is ok I suppose.

The stickers are useless here. They do not help the design of the car at all. It looked fine without them.

The stickers are useless here. They do not help the design of the car at all. It looked fine without them.

IMHO all kinds of stickers, in any lego set sucks.

IMHO all kinds of stickers, in any lego set sucks.

Not only that, but then if you decide to build the alternate model, it looks stupid with the stickers on the panels.

Not only that, but then if you decide to build the alternate model, it looks stupid with the stickers on the panels.

Or build main model, take it apart and build something else.

Of course you could always just not apply the stickers :hmpf_bad:

Overall I quite like this, it's good FOR A FIRST HALF SET. But the inside, particutarly the gear box looks like it's a MOC in it's prototype stages. The seats have been cut away to make it fit (never seen that in a car before!) and it looks as tho it isn't even in the middle. Very shabby, but at least it's more complex than a ferrari racers set.

Edited by allanp

These are great pictures of the 8070.

Thanks!

The functions on the a-model are quite interesting (not so often seen in a model).

The B-model looks awesome and might be ready for some modding!

I'm going to get me more than one copy of this set! :tongue:

The final version of the 8070 looks Magnificent! I agree about the stickers. I am not a stickers kid of guy.

I also see that the hood has been slightly altered and moved back and now it opens different than the original prototype pictures that we first had seen.

And what about the functions of the b-model?

PF doors and roof! :thumbup:

V8 reardrive.

HOG steering only or does the steeringwheel works?

Anything else?

Check out the new mini LA-s described and tested by Conchas:

http://technicbricks.blogspot.com/2010/12/tbs-techreview-14-mla-under-magnifying.html

New la,s look very usefull but also look cheap and not realistic with the plastic ram i think,they would look a lot better metal, is this 100% what they will look like or will we not know till the release of 8069?

It seems amazon.de apart from the Star Wars sets for Jan. 2011 also has some of the Technic sets up already.

They all seem to be preorders for Dec. 20th.

default_classic.gif

Of course you could always just not apply the stickers :hmpf_bad:

Overall I quite like this, it's good FOR A FIRST HALF SET. But the inside, particutarly the gear box looks like it's a MOC in it's prototype stages. The seats have been cut away to make it fit (never seen that in a car before!) and it looks as tho it isn't even in the middle. Very shabby, but at least it's more complex than a ferrari racers set.

At first glance, I really didn't notice that, but now that I look over these pictures, I am really dissapointed with how the interior of the car looks. The seats look too small for the car because they have them raised up so high to fit the mechanisms underneath. Are those worm gears in there too?

A few months ago I asked LEGO why they always make the same (in the technic line) and why it are always things whit wheels/vehicles. In the answer stood that they were busy whit something new that is not whit wheels or is based on vehicles. They said also that we have to wait a year before they (I think) come out.

@ Legolijntje:

Nice info, but that is info for maybe next years thread..

The new picture of the b-model shows us that the steeringwheel is just a "loose thingy...."

Too bad...

Edited by JunkstyleGio

@ Legolijntje:

Nice info, but that is info for maybe next years thread..

The new picture of the b-model shows us that the steeringwheel is just a "loose thingy...."

Too bad...

It also appears that the Standard model also lacks a working driver's steering wheel. That is somewhat dissapointing.

It also appears that the Standard model also lacks a working driver's steering wheel. That is somewhat dissapointing.

Any idea when we might know what the 2h2011 set will be?hopefully big sets!

Usually the sets for 2h2011 are going to be announced in weeks before the Nurnberg-Toyfair in febuary.

And you can bet on some big sets!

Edited by JunkstyleGio