Yay, new pictures!

Personally, I'd like to see the individual figs as those are what I'll focus on. Are there straight arms included with the individual ones?

Also, are there any grey katana in the individual figs? I thought I saw grey versions with the starter pack and was prepared to buy four for them, but it would be somewhat disappointing if they were actually silver. If grey versions exist, I want to use them for all my blue ninjas once I get them. Same thing for gold katana; I need four (preferably five) for red ninjas, but I only see them with the individual red ninja.

Either way, I'll wait until your folder is public. :classic:

Thanks for the pics grogal! Keep 'em coming!

I knew it! Nya does have a normal face! And do I spy small bones on Garmadon's helmet? :oh:

I would very much like that :) thanks so much for these!

Would you perchance have larger pics of any of the other 2011 lines like Atlantis?

Just added some High Res Pictures there as well! :classic:

Edited by grogall

Thanks for the pics grogal! Keep 'em coming!

I knew it! Nya does have a normal face! And do I spy small bones on Garmadon's helmet? :oh:

Yup its a short bone. They included it in new Police HQ too!

Hawt megablox - it looks like the army helmet is a go after all - you seeing this, Peppermint M? :wink:

Think I will have to wait for a nice inventory list over on Bricklink before I am ready to go buy it, all the other picks omit the helmet... I only want three helmets, so as long as it is there, I can buy it online :thumbup:

Same thing for gold katana; I need four (preferably five) for red ninjas, but I only see them with the individual red ninja.

Series One Collectible Minifigures...the black ninja came with two gold katanas. Might be a cheaper way to snag them.

yeah but it's a really weak looking gold. compare it to, say, an atlantis trident or the new pharaoh's quest staff, and it just doesn't hold up - I only realized this because I was comparing my cobra staff to the new staff. they still compliment each other well in design but the difference in color really, really stands out.

On another note, check out the great robes on the dragon rider :wub:

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

yeah but it's a really weak looking gold. compare it to, say, an atlantis trident or the new pharaoh's quest staff, and it just doesn't hold up - I only realized this because I was comparing my cobra staff to the new staff. they still compliment each other well in design but the difference in color really, really stands out.

On another note, check out the great robes on the dragon rider :wub:

Differences in color between the cobra staff and the new staff could just be that issue with Chinese production cropping up again. Hate to suggest that since people blow such issues out of proportion from my personal experience, but it's true that a color can sometimes just be internally inconsistent, rather than having an entirely new formulation or (in some cases) a new materialID.

Also keep in mind that different molds can have different textures that lead to colors looking slightly different, especially with metallic colors for which texture has a huge impact on how reflective they are. So while two different pieces might seem different in color, they might in fact use the same color dye and same type of plastic. In any event, I just compared a gold piece from next year's 7978 Angler Attack with pieces from my 2006 Brutaka set, and the colors seem to be the same. So I doubt 2011 will have a brand-new formulation for 297 Warm Gold.

A bunch of information on the theme:

- I was right! The ninjas (and the skeletons, too) are warriors of elements.

- Kai (the red ninja) is Nya's brother, both are fire ninja

- Zane (the white ninja) and Bonezai represent Ice

- Jay (the blue ninja), Krazi, Nuckal and Garmadon represent Lightning

- Cole (the black ninja) and Chopov represent Earth

- The main antagonist is Lord Garmadon, who wants to steal three sacred golden weapons (a shuriken, a scythe and nunchucks) to rule the world

- Garmadon's fortress is located in a place called Underworld

- The ninjas can ride dragons: Zane rides the Ice Dragon, Cole rides the Earth Dragon, and Jay rides the Lightning Dragon

- Cole DX and Zane DX are special, because the have "dragon rider armor" printed on their torsos

- Nuckal is the General of the Skeleton Army

- The four-armed skeleton is called Samukai

Also keep in mind that different molds can have different textures that lead to colors looking slightly different, especially with metallic colors for which texture has a huge impact on how reflective they are. So while two different pieces might seem different in color, they might in fact use the same color dye and same type of plastic. In any event, I just compared a gold piece from next year's 7978 Angler Attack with pieces from my 2006 Brutaka set, and the colors seem to be the same. So I doubt 2011 will have a brand-new formulation for 297 Warm Gold.

I've got eight golden katanas from 8107 Fight for the Golden Tower sets and I must say they are different from the ones from the Collectible MF's ninja had. They're more shiny.

A bunch of information on the theme:

Source?

- The ninjas can ride dragons: Zane rides the Ice Dragon, Cole rides the Earth Dragon, and Jay rides the Lightning Dragon

Hm, so the rumor of an earth dragon set just might be true. :look:

Source?

I find it hard to believe that 3/4 ride dragons and 1/4 doesn't...so, I'm guessing a 'fire dragon' will be coming down the pipe some time later, too. Probably 'second wave', or 'second year'.

Differences in color between the cobra staff and the new staff could just be that issue with Chinese production cropping up again. Hate to suggest that since people blow such issues out of proportion from my personal experience, but it's true that a color can sometimes just be internally inconsistent, rather than having an entirely new formulation or (in some cases) a new materialID.

Well that's really all I meant, I was just steering around using the "Ch word" :laugh:

but yes, regardless of the reason (which is what Aanchir just said :tongue: ) I'd bet heavily you'll find far better looking katana in the Ninjago sets. Whether or not it matters enough to influence your economic decisions will vary from person to person

Well that's really all I meant, I was just steering around using the "Ch word" :laugh:

but yes, regardless of the reason (which is what Aanchir just said :tongue: ) I'd bet heavily you'll find far better looking katana in the Ninjago sets. Whether or not it matters enough to influence your economic decisions will vary from person to person

I was planning to get four of the red ninja, and I'll stick to that. However, I want another katana for Nya.

I haven't noticed the new dragon torso. I'll wait until the existence of those "DX" figures is shown. If they will be released soon, I'll skip future sets including this torso.

Grogall, your Brickshelf folder is now public, but the individual figs aren't there. It would be nice if you could upload them soon. :classic:

Source?

Check out ninjago set descriptions on play.com. The Lightning Dragon will be an exclusive (Limited Edition?).

Those sets look better with clear pictures. I'm still not sure if I want to add them to my "buy" list. I may wait for reviews of them to pop up.

Grogall, your Brickshelf folder is now public, but the individual figs aren't there. It would be nice if you could upload them soon. :classic:

Yeah, that would be great! :classic:

Check out ninjago set descriptions on play.com. The Lightning Dragon will be an exclusive (Limited Edition?).

Can't find them. Help please?

Wait, so there will be THREE dragon sets? If the design of the Ice dragon wasn't so bad, that would be great in my book, but as it stands I can't say I'm too excited. I'd rather they nixed that Limited Edition set and replaced it with something like a Pagota or another structure or vehicle for the Skeletons. :sceptic:

Thanks, but where did you read that about a Lighting Dragon? :look:

One thing I noticed: The description of the fortress mentions a giant spider, so I'm guessing that big skull with tentacles can be detached and used as a spider. There are four red "lamps" to indicate the eyes of the spider.

Yeah, that would be great! :classic:

I will post the Figure sets tomorrow, a little late or ver early here now, if I have time before work or when I get home. :devil:

Thanks, but where did you read that about a Lighting Dragon? :look:

Here: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/2521_Lightning_Dragon_Battle

One thing I noticed: The description of the fortress mentions a giant spider, so I'm guessing that big skull with tentacles can be detached and used as a spider. There are four red "lamps" to indicate the eyes of the spider.

I thought the same thing! :laugh:

I didn't see that before, but I do now. Hang on though, don't spiders have eight legs? :tongue: I think the spider/thing when mounted on the fortress would look better and more intimidating if it had more legs.

The "DX" version of the black ninja looks great, particularly with the gold printing. I'll definitely need to pick up the DX minifigs and Nya with my other ninjas. Are they going to be released all at once, or will the DX ones be delayed? I really want to create a small army of ninjas as quickly as possible before they disappear off the shelves.

Also, I can just barely see that in the starter set the katana appears to be the standard silver, not dark grey as I originally thought. That's too bad. I still need at least one extra gold katana for Nya, though, which is a bit problematic. For some reason, I limit all the minifigs to only having katanas. I like quite a lot of the new weapons (the scythe and chain, for example) but I'll still stick to just katanas. I'm going to have a large pile of weapons afterwards, though. :laugh:

Edited by Delta 38