Klaus-Dieter

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3 discussion

Does anybody think this is Series 3?

Must be a "24" MOC!

4) baseball player with giants uniform and new cap with sharp peak - accessories: baseball mace

I'm repeating myself, but expecting the other thread to get shut down... I can't wait to see the baseball mace. I think that would make the game worth watching.

6) elf warrior with hair from Qui-Gon Jinn NO POINTED EARS - accessories: shield with gondor tree and arrow

I would love to see that, but I'm somehow doubting we'll see the White Tree on the shield unless TLG feels like getting sued.

Maybe a tree... but not the White Tree.

yes it was something similar to the gondor tree (in brown and green) :blush:

nausi

That still sounds awesome...

Some people had their zombies or forestmen from series 1...

Some had their spartans from series 2...

I know what I want in series 3.

That still sounds awesome...

Some people had their zombies or forestmen from series 1...

Some had their spartans from series 2...

I know what I want in series 3.

Too bad there won't be barcodes on Series 3. All I really want is a few elves, gorillas, mummies, samurais and an indian chief or two.

Is the "big belly" of the Sumo just a print or a new piece like this?

13.jpg

I was really hoping we'd get an artist, :sadnew: but the cyborg and traveler sound interesting.

I wonder if the sumo minifig has a new torso or something like that, if it was a print I don't think it would be talked about as much :look: (Edit:Beat me to it, Oky! :grin: )(I really want a better stomach design for minifigs, the Snake one is pretty good if only it weren't for the huge eye :hmpf_bad: ).

Edited by indianajones

Hello, some info from my shop...

The 3rd series is green

minifigs:

1) hawaii girl with hair like willie in brown (from indiana jones) - accessories: 2 brown maracas

2) tennis girl with white plisseted skirt and racket

3) sumo wrestler with new black hair and big belly - accessories: trofeo like judo boy from series 2

4) baseball player with giants uniform and new cap with sharp peak - accessories: baseball bat (very pretty)

5)fisher - accessories: long fishing rod (new mold) and fish

6) elf warrior with hair from Qui-Gon Jinn NO POINTED EARS - accessories: shield with gondor tree and arrow

7) indian chief - like old indian chief, - accessories: lance

8) samurai warrior - with heavy (old)armour and maybe (i don't remember) a new helmet

9) street boy with striped sunglasses and a BIG (very big) stereo!

10) alien like squidman (in purple) with laser pistol and purple beam

11) gorilla (it is a costume) with a banana. The legs are dark brown and have the standard mold

12) ferrari driver in red and helmet

13) mummy - like old mummy sorry no ankh

Sorry i dont remember the last 3, but tomorrow i'll return in the shop...

they were preliminary pictures so something can change...

nausi

Ohh. Those look good!

Is the "big belly" of the Sumo just a print or a new piece like this?

sorry but it is just a print... :sceptic: but the new sumo-hair looks sweet

nausi

Edited by nausicaakro

sorry but it is just a print... :sceptic: but the new sumo-hair looks sweet

nausi

Thanks for sharing the reliable info nausi, but a 'malnourished' Sumo wrestler won' t just look right... :sick: I'm personally excited for the gorilla, rapper dude, and Maria Sharapova (finally a proper lego racket for a tennis MOC!).

Thank you all for this more detailed and updated information! :classic:

It's really a pity that they took off the doctor. :cry_sad:

Why not an ukulele or a flute (or at least something differnt whatever it might be - but please not again maracas)?! That the Hawaii girl will get maracas, too, is really uninspired. :hmpf:

Rapper, fisher and chief are great to get. :thumbup:

A female snowboarder and a tennis girl sounds great - it's time that we get some more female minifigs in the series, too! :wub:

The other minifigs don't sound that interesting to me.

I think that clear pics of series 3 will at the latest appear in one month since it'll already be released in Dec.-Jan.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

4) baseball player with giants uniform and new cap with sharp peak - accessories: baseball bat (very pretty)

VERY important question, nausicaakro, if you can answer it-- what's the color scheme of the baseball player???

Why not an ukulele or a flute (or at least something differnt whatever it might be - but please not again maracas)?! That the Hawaii girl will get maracas, too, is really uninspired.

Klaus-Dieter

Remember when the preliminary series 2 pictures were posted, and the Mexican was wearing a green fedora, rather than the new sombrero? This could be something similar. Maybe the Hawaiian girl is getting some new accessory that they don't have molded yet, so they gave her an existing piece, and repainted it.

A ukulele would be fantastic!

Remember when the preliminary series 2 pictures were posted, and the Mexican was wearing a green fedora, rather than the new sombrero? This could be something similar. Maybe the Hawaiian girl is getting some new accessory that they don't have molded yet, so they gave her an existing piece, and repainted it.

A ukulele would be fantastic!

maybe these brown maracas are coconuts? but yeah, I want a Uke.

VERY important question, nausicaakro, if you can answer it-- what's the color scheme of the baseball player???

White with blue or black stripes,

but the picture is too small to be sure. :cry_sad:

the baseball player for me is really fantastic!

Nausi

maybe these brown maracas are coconuts? but yeah, I want a Uke.

sadly they are very similar to maracas (in brown) and yes I would like to see an okulele in the final version.

nausi

I think that clear pics of series 3 will at the latest appear in one month since it'll already be released in Dec.-Jan.

Klaus-Dieter

I can take a photo of the page, but they are preliminary pics, so...

:sweet:

nausi

Edited by nausicaakro

White with blue or black stripes,

but the picture is too small to be sure. :cry_sad:

the baseball player for me is really fantastic!

Nausi

Thanks man... for me it seems like the one I'd like multiples of the most. Certainly we're all concerned with how to tell them apart w/o the UPC codes, but you have to believe/hope someone's going to figure it out when they hit the shelves in Europe.

Thanks man... for me it seems like the one I'd like multiples of the most. Certainly we're all concerned with how to tell them apart w/o the UPC codes, but you have to believe/hope someone's going to figure it out when they hit the shelves in Europe.

yessss, I think the same thing... I wish also 2 tennis girl! :blush:

nausi

This should be interesting. I'm guessing the gorillas will be the equivalent of S2 Spartans, or S1 Zombies. But my eye is on the tennis and baseball players.

I can take a photo of the page, but they are preliminary pics, so...

yes please take pictures i would like to see them very much.

Sign me up for the fisherman, tennis player, baseball player, alien, street boy (with the boom box), and (assuming the rumors are true), the Snowboarder (who may be one of the 3 that Masked Builder couldn't remember)

This should be interesting. I'm guessing the gorillas will be the equivalent of S2 Spartans, or S1 Zombies. But my eye is on the tennis and baseball players.

you are kidding right? :laugh:

you are kidding right? :laugh:

I agree. IMO, the baseball player or rapper will be the most popular.

I guess we'll just have to wait until pics come out.

Edited by prateek

Thanks for the news

I liked the idea of a new fishing pole mold the best :cry_happy:

The surfer came with a new surfboard, which was brilliant as the old one was badly outdated with a hole in it and was technically for windsurfing.

These figs have not only been brilliant but have brought some nice new accessories/new remakes.

And a ukulele mold, that would have been awesome, because we already got "maracas" from series 2

Certainly we're all concerned with how to tell them apart w/o the UPC codes, but you have to believe/hope someone's going to figure it out when they hit the shelves in Europe.

I really believe there will be one way to identify the figures. Something has to be there just for the production process. Imagine cases with only two or three different figures :thumbdown:

What could be possible is a colorless stamp on the package. A few years ago there were little buildable Figures of Marvel characters (not Lego). They were blindpackaged, so no way to identify them. But at the back of the package at the bottom was a little stamp. You hold it against the light and could see a little letter. With this method you could identify the figure.

I think something similar could work for series 3.

Edited by Plissken