Klaus-Dieter

2011 City sets

Does anybody know if lego have actually confirmed a Modular building in 2011 default_sceptic.gif

I think a couple members on here have had official confirmation.

Does anybody know if lego have actually confirmed a Modular building in 2011 default_sceptic.gif

Dragonator said from his sources it would be a petshop thats all we have so far I think.

You know a picture speaks a thousand words.....enjoy......

police_sets_2011_0.jpg

Keep on saying happy, happy, joy, joy ! :laugh:

Great!! another two set to buy for 2011!!!

Dragonator said from his sources it would be a petshop thats all we have so far I think.

I'm really looking forward to the next modular building. However, which animals would it contain? We have a dog a cat and a mouse in other modular buildings. And horses or apes don't seem too likely :wink: What other animals are left then?

I'm really looking forward to the next modular building. However, which animals would it contain? We have a dog a cat and a mouse in other modular buildings. And horses or apes don't seem too likely :wink: What other animals are left then?

Off the top of my head: parrots, snakes, spiders, giant ants,owls, bats, fish, rabbits, scorpions, alligators, crabs, clams, starfish, and octopi.

I don't know how practical a lot of those are though.

Thank you very much for those pics of Space sets, Brickviller, and for those pics of the bank and the police chase set, lightningtiger! :classic:

Space Shuttle :classic:

It does now look much better - but only one astronaut included is definately too little.

Moon Buggy :thumbdown:

I do not like it. To me it looks much too <insert that tiresome argument>.

Small Satellite Launch Platform :wub:

It looks amazing!

Space Center :wub:

It looks amazing, too! the only thing I don't like is the small vehicle. To me it seems to be useless since there is no cargo bay where there could be stored cargo to transport it.

I wonder whether there'll be some interior in the rocket. But I fear that there won't be.

Police Chase :classic:

The radar control is a great idea. And I even like the police car and the female police officer. What I don't like is the police trike (reminds me of Town Jr.) and that the traffic offender's car is a cabriolet, that it's in red and that both cars include no car doors.

We already have got that many civilian cabriolets - we need a civilian car with roof, with car doors and in blue, black or grey color!

But all in all it's a set packed full with action elements and so great for kids.

Bank And Money Transfer :wub: :wub: :wub:

That's definately the best 2011 City set I've seen so far!

It's great that TLG comes back with a bank that is that much needed for City in general and for the Police theme in special!

The architecture of the bank looks amazing! I esp. like the front with the ATM and the rooflight. The interior seems to include a counter downstairs and (supposably) a stronghold upstairs. The flowers make it looking very friendly.

The only interior I miss is an office where the bankers try to sell stocks etc. to their customers.

The armored truck looks amazing, too! Regrettably it doesn't include car doors and (very supposably) comes with a regular police officer instead of a security officer.

The motorcycle is a neat addtion.

The police car looks great, too. Regrettably it doesn't include car doors.

All in all this is definately an above average til outstanding set!

Welcome to EB, TheMagician! :classic:

There are already even released a bunny, a fish and a parrot.

And most of the time there are some new molds made for these big Exclusives - so maybe TLG even releases a new animal for that possible pet shop.

Klaus-Dieter

Off the top of my head: parrots, snakes, spiders, giant ants,owls, bats, fish, rabbits, scorpions, alligators, crabs, clams, starfish, and octopi.

I don't know how practical a lot of those are though.

DRAGONS :laugh:

I think we will get some diferent colored parrots, fishtank (that will be a sticker), dogs and cats (maybe with new printing) spiders and snakes and a rats.

And we got a trike! I miss them so much!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

DRAGONS :laugh:

I think we will get some diferent colored parrots, fishtank (that will be a sticker), dogs and cats (maybe with new printing) spiders and snakes and a rats.

And we got a trike! I miss them so much!

I really hope we don't get a sticker. The modular buildings have avoided those so far, to their credit.

And most of the time there are some new molds made for these big Exclusives - so maybe TLG even releases a new animal for that possible pet shop.

I don't recall many, if any, new molds specifically for the modular buildings. But new colors are often introduced specifically for these.

(that will be a sticker)

The modular buildings never use stickers and I sure hope they keep it that way.

Thanks The Red Brick, I think they both look very good now. So I'm really consider to get them both

And the commercials are really funny to watch :laugh: It made me even laugh :classic:

Edited by Brickviller

New pictures

Beast!!!

Crappy van is gone, replace by a great one! The bank has a safe, some new package piece (possibly stickered), a removeable sunroof for breaking in, new police faces, blue trike, green briefcases, and red motorcycle = AWESOME!

New pictures

*snip*

*snip*

default_wubnew.gif

Thanks for the images, The Red Brick. These new sets look great, I'll definitely be buying them when they are released. :thumbup:

The van in the bank truck is Dk blue instead of regualr blue, this is great improvement. Also, in the bank set their is the use of the PoP Tamina hairpiece as well as the usage of the Medium Blue Police torso design. :classic:

In the Police chase set, I think that the Police car looks like a Mustang. I think that the driver of the red car has a new torso print and the Policeman in the helmet has a new facial print. :thumbup:

Thank you again for posting the images The Red Brick. :classic:

~buddy~

OMG !

These pictures are just making these sets pop ! :grin:

Thanks 'The Red Brick', now what's not to love about the bank now with these close up shots.

Also note the new way of attaching mirrors on to a van or truck....I like it ! :sweet:

The only minus is.....the tricycle....a cop riding on one of those...sorry but Meh ! :tongue:

The patrol car plus the other sets sport car - sweet....loving these different designs and finally a good use for a drain or downpipe, breaking and entering ! :devil:

Keep on waiting for 2011.....March and April for these though. :look:

Okay, I take it back! The bank is awesome! I like the colours. At first I thought it was orange :blush:

It's interesting that the speed trap car set has an offender that isn't wearing a jail uniform. :tongue:

It's interesting that the speed trap car set has an offender that isn't wearing a jail uniform. :tongue:

Yeah, well they haven't caught the driver yet to measure him up for his prison uniform have they ! :laugh:

These new police sets are a must have even over the space sub-theme now, that bank is going to be so sweet in my son's city layout inbetween the copshop, TRU and Octan servo, and not forgeting the tramway.....another method of escape....ding, ding ! :grin:

Plus do I spy new light bluey grey parts, like a 2x4 curved slope and 2x2 tile with single centre stud ? :grin:

Ah, 2011 might just be a good year. :sweet:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :wink:

Is that a new hairpiece on the woman in the bank set?

Nope. It's from Princess Tamina from PoP.

Maybe Im seeing wrong but isn't the police driving the police car a woman?

Yep, it was posted as well earlier this week that it was a female police officer....question is do we get a new torso with female curves if you know what I mean ? :wink:

Keep on NOT speeding ! :grin:

These look great!

I really like the new technique that lego is using for the wing mirrors in the chase set, that's pretty clever - at first I thought they were new pieces, but I'm pretty sure now that they're the "clicky hinge" pieces instead. Still, effective parts usage.

I'm also glad we're getting a female officer in an "action" set rather than just hanging around a station or control centre and I'm also glad that the "criminal" being chased is wearing civilian clothes. How sly, he's one cunning criminal....I'm also glad that Lego have realised that there are more crimes than just theft!

I mean I know Lego aren't going to make some sort of set revolving around mugging or murder or anything like that, but the only crimes I see to recall being committed is theft...and possibly arson, given the large presence of fires in Lego city!

Will/Rocketbilly

Thanks for the pics. The bank is simply a must buy for me. A nicely designed

small building with sweet details. Throw in a bike and an armoured truck

and I'm sold.

The car chase not so much. It's an ok set but the female cop is the only really

unique thing about it for me and with so many other great sets coming I think

I'll pass. Another color on the car would probably have sold it for me. Red is

already the most common car color in our little city. Not counting the Police

of course. Can't have too many of those. Just ask my kid.